Fell Cleave Party Ratings
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Phoenix.Jurges
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Jurges
By Phoenix.Jurges 2011-05-21 20:40:21
Link | Citer | R

Since the Phoenix-Titan merger, anyone that has been in PJ has noticed all the "conversations" about Fell Cleave parties. So, despite the controversies, this purpose of this post is to help provide a guide on which Fell Cleave parties are worth the money if you're going to pay for a "leech" spot.

I just want to preface a few things to start. First and foremost, I just want to clear up a misconception. The true value of FC parties is in the cruor earned. I know there's plenty of people that are perfectly happy having a lot of jobs leveled and being able to share pink and Perle gear on all of them. I, nor any of the the other people contributing are one of them. This is from the perspective of those that are using brews to finish off their level 90 Empyreans as time efficiently as possible. If your not one of those people, thats fine, enjoy your EXP. Second, this is an evolving post. If you have an amazing experience, let people know. There's some groups that are well thought out and are very efficient that you can earn a couple brews while attending. In the same breath, there are others (see my rant above) that have no clue what they're doing. Next, I'm well aware that this has potential "Flame thread" written all over it. Nothing is meant to be a personal attack to an individual\group. If someone is really just bad, I'm not even going to add them to the initial list because I'm confident in someone will be pointing it out later. If a group feels that should be rated higher, people will be sharing their experiences, so I'm sure you'll move up the list. No need to have your LS mates come in and spam positive comments. that will be be pretty obvious and it'll only hurt your credibility. Finally, I want to give credit to the brain child behind this Dragonwarrior. trying to finish his Ochain and Gandiva has subjected him to a various number of experiences and anyone that knows him on the server, is well aware of his considerate reputation.

Criteria for rating system:
1. 2+ runs with group\ individual. Everyone has a bad day, so nothing has been judged on a one-time experience and patterns are pretty easy to pick up on. There are a couple 1 time runs, but when the person just accessed the WS 2hrs earlier and is trying to now make money there's no reason to go back.
2. Is there a dedicated puller, healer and cleaver. This helps tremendously with the run. And thats important if you are a aying customer.
3. Overall "Bang-for-your-Buck" factor. Is the cost/hour worth it. Also, is the first hour free or is it free till 100exp\kill
4. Gear/skill of the cleaver. This seems obvious, but if it takes someone 4+ FCs..... something is probably wrong.

*Names are based on FCer

EXCELLENT- worth every dime, get on a wait list to join
Redfrost/Zulukru**
Wasuvi
Bleube
Seshamaru
Drakehart
Vandel
Brd

GOOD- good group, don't hesitate
Chomeymatt

RESPECTABLE- so close to moving up, and not a waste of gil
Galkapryme
Devilbringer
Biggz
Cayota
Liglebaud/Varin
Cannibal

**Note: Acknowledging my LS relation, but who doesn't love Uko. Criteria based on the experience

Once again, if you're gonna spend the money, make sure its with the right people. FC gets a bad rap for the wrong reasons. Now BE NICE :)
[+]
 Bahamut.Urmom
Serveur: Bahamut
user: urmom
By Bahamut.Urmom 2011-05-21 20:45:35
Link | Citer | R

FC parties don't really earn that much cruor so not sure why you saying that's where the value is...
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-05-21 20:51:41
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Urmom said:
FC parties don't really earn that much cruor so not sure why you saying that's where the value is...
you must be doing it wrong.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-05-21 20:52:30
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Urmom said:
I'd pay and stay on a 90 job and afk sleep in a FC party for cruor
[+]
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2011-05-21 21:07:35
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Urmom said:

I'll admit that I've earned around 3million cruor doing these testings. I try to be on when most FCs occur which is usually around 8pm to midnight EST. I have yet to see a JP charged FC shout.

Thank you for the well written post Jurges.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Roark
By Quetzalcoatl.Roark 2011-05-21 21:13:12
Link | Citer | R

if only there were people on quetz who did this sort of thing
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-05-21 21:14:39
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Roark said:
if only there were people on quetz who did this sort of thing
Seconded
 Phoenix.Krish
user: krish
By Phoenix.Krish 2011-05-21 21:17:47
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Jurges said:
The true value of FC parties is in the cruor earned.

Let's see some ratings of Cruor Burns!
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-21 21:36:31
Link | Citer | R

<3 Biggz!
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-21 22:05:47
Link | Citer | R

wow really
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-05-21 22:32:21
Link | Citer | R

Keep it civil, and don't turn this into a player warning. OP has been edited.
[+]
 Bahamut.Urmom
user: urmom
By Bahamut.Urmom 2011-05-21 22:34:32
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Bahamut.Urmom said:
No just cruor pts earn so much more so much faster.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-05-21 22:40:41
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Urmom said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Bahamut.Urmom said:
Understandable. I think what OP is trying to say is that if you are paying for a good FC pt, you will be getting more than enough cruor to make up the gil lost, and you don't even need to be there. I've never been in a "cruor party" so I'm not exactly sure how they are conducted. In this sense, the xp gained is just a bonus while you break even or profit on gil -> cruor.
[+]
 Asura.Bonlack
Serveur: Asura
user: Bonlack
By Asura.Bonlack 2011-05-21 22:41:55
Link | Citer | R

Time I'll never get back for reading this worthless thread.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2011-05-21 22:43:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bonlack said:
Time I'll never get back for reading this worthless thread.

It's for the average Phoenix costumer that pays for FC. These are FC's that you can't go wrong with.
[+]
 Fenrir.Didgist
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Didgist
By Fenrir.Didgist 2011-05-21 22:47:30
Link | Citer | R

I am the worst Fell Cleaver on Fenrir.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-05-21 23:02:56
Link | Citer | R

Forget Fell Cleaving, CW Burning all the way!
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-21 23:06:51
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Forget Fell Cleaving, CW Burning all the way!
Provided you have non HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE blus with decent gear and good atmas
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-21 23:08:03
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Bahamut.Urmom said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Bahamut.Urmom said:
Understandable. I think what OP is trying to say is that if you are paying for a good FC pt, you will be getting more than enough cruor to make up the gil lost, and you don't even need to be there. I've never been in a "cruor party" so I'm not exactly sure how they are conducted. In this sense, the xp gained is just a bonus while you break even or profit on gil -> cruor.
Oh I understand the cruor depending on price will help cover your losses but it probably wont cover them all let alone gain you money. And idk the way he said it made it seem like that was the reason lol.

Cruor pts are simple. Kill 1 family type then another. Get over 500 cruor per kill. Kill random things that wander in like empherals and avatars for more. 200k/hr is pretty standard with at least 1 good DD per family
 Bismarck.Helel
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-05-21 23:21:40
Link | Citer | R

Who would pay for FC in the first place? CW is much faster and more efficient. As Dasva pointed out, if you want cruor then do a cruor burn.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-05-21 23:21:57
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:

Oh I understand the cruor depending on price will help cover your losses but it probably wont cover them all let alone gain you money. And idk the way he said it made it seem like that was the reason lol.
In my experience with good FCers, paying 100k gil per hour will get you 50k+ cruor per hour. 50k cruor easily makes up for 100k gil if memory serves on the price of NPC'd gear and/or sold merc brews.

Bismarck.Helel said:
Who would pay for FC in the first place? CW is much faster and more efficient. As Dasva pointed out, if you want cruor then do a cruor burn.
Neither is really faster. A good FCer takes everything out in 1-3 WSs.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2011-05-21 23:33:00
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Helel said:

I've never seen a CW in Phoenix, let alone a charged one. Supply and demand plays a huge role here, nearly every charged FC I've been to has been packed with a full alliance.

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Bahamut.Urmom said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Bahamut.Urmom said:

Cruor pts are simple. Kill 1 family type then another. Get over 500 cruor per kill. Kill random things that wander in like empherals and avatars for more. 200k/hr is pretty standard with at least 1 good DD per family

Note that currently I'm not doing anything in this FC party that I am in now. I'm also procrastinating on ffxiah, while doing my homework. I've gotten a brew for doing nothing, while taking my drk from 30 to 58 (what it is now). I get to focus on school work, while still progressing in ffxi, instead of afking in PJ.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-21 23:50:07
Link | Citer | R

You can afk in cruor pts too if they let you. It really only takes 2-4 good DDs 1-2 good pullers and someone to get azure at the start and 1 healer. In fact having more than 10-12 actually hurts you sometimes lol
[+]
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2011-05-21 23:54:15
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
You can afk in cruor pts too if they let you. It really only takes 2-4 good DDs 1-2 good pullers and someone to get azure at the start and 1 healer. In fact having more than 10-12 actually hurts you sometimes lol

I'm afking in this party, with not lifting a single finger for 10 hours. Very rare for anyone to let 12 people afk for free for 10 hours in one party.
[+]
By Ashaaman 2011-05-21 23:54:37
Link | Citer | R

I wonder how much I could sell cruor party slots for... Hmm, any ideas?
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-21 23:55:28
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Dragonwarrior said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I'm afking in this party, with not lifting a single finger for 10 hours. Very rare for anyone to let 12 people afk for free for 10 hours in one party.
True. But then again you can say the same about fell cleaving for free :).
[+]
 Phoenix.Juggalo
user: Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2011-05-21 23:56:37
Link | Citer | R

He's admittedly in my Linkshell, but the very best FC parties I've ever had have been with Drakehart.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7