First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2011-05-22 09:20:38
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Krsone said:
Quotes failing me atm, and i still disagree a bloodied dragon ear ki is not worth more than the cost per hour some ppl charge for cleave burn leech spots. Esp when ive farmed that ki myself for you something you didnt have to begin with its easy as hell to get anyway most ppl already have one and never use it. Ur getting to keep all af3 drops on ur pop except scales.

If i wasnt doing h2h or now that im done if i wanted low lvl job lvled fast and there was a blu offering me exactly this and I had no ki to begin with or even if i did id still go. Ur argument still fails.

Can ask ppl here what they wld rather pay 100k an hour to leech or free just have to hold dragua ki where only scales are locked and u keep other af on ur pop.
People pay because they can actually go completely afk there, aka park themselves there and go to sleep/out/whatever. For your parties they actually have be ready to go and get stuff out of chests as well as go and pop mobs for you at some point. Also some have to open chests from your first post? Wasn't sure about that.

There are pros and cons for the leechers for each method but if you somehow think that you're just doing these people a favor for nothing than no, you're just fooling yourself. Btw, I'm not saying what you're doing is bad, all I'm saying is you're just getting something out of people rather than just straight gil and it amounts to pretty much the same thing.
 Sylph.Krsone
Serveur: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-05-22 09:25:43
Link | Citer | R

I agree with you on some things what I didnt agree with was how I saw ur post comparing selling of empy items 100k+ to what im doing gonna try give an example to explain.

dragua scale do you need it 100k+ (shout in port)
my /tell would be ok sure u got the ki rdy and u got pty to kill?
reply : no u gotta jump on blu earn me load of exp get the ki urself and kill the nm urself and we keep af3 items
me : so how can u charge 100k? >.> <,<
reply : yo we trading a ki to ??? thats hard ***.

I do personally agree that im happy myself with that being the only payment is they pop me a dragua run it back to martello but to suggest they could take that ki and sell it is illogical they wldnt of had the ki to begin with ......
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2011-05-22 09:36:59
Link | Citer | R

I think you just totally misinterpreted my first post then, since I never meant to imply that you should still have to pay them after you got it for them, lol.

Look at it this way, in a normal FC party situation, you would never end up with more than 1 KI unless you have friends/mules to hold it for you. You could stop to brew individual ones but it's not very time/cruor efficient. So all the other KI's would essentially go to waste unless leechers pick them up. In that situation where the leecher picks it up, if this was just a standard pay FC party, he could do whatever he wanted with it afterwards, like doing it with his LS or whatever and selling empy items if noone needed.

In the end, your setup is much more of a mutually beneficial, you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours vs the more standard straight mercing version. Both you and the leechers probably come out of it feeling like you got a good bargain so it works out pretty well, lol.
 Sylph.Krsone
Serveur: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-05-22 09:42:41
Link | Citer | R

I thought fell cleave parties where you paid usually had enough ls members in the core party to hold the kis for nms without giving any to the leechers. But meh all this doesnt matter like I said I was happy with that being the payment.

On a slightly related issue chest problem in abys in certain zones is getting really bad on Friday night in Atto with only 105 ppl in zone I was doing aga kills 10-15 mobs with capped pearl and some were giving no chests at all 15 mobs no chest, next pull might give all chests. I assume as we've been told its the chest limitation for the zone, perhaps they should introduce an option to remove the chest ur selecting for ones youd usually leave or wouldnt waste a key on. This would lower the current ammount of chests in the zone at any one time and would also make seeing smaller chests packed underneath big gold ones easier to spot without having to key the gold one.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2011-05-22 09:47:09
Link | Citer | R

I really don't know, it probably depends a WHOLE lot on the group. From the sound of it, some groups are really just a lone pair doing it and everyone else are leechers, while others are mostly LS with spots sold to whatever's leftover. I'd imagine in a normal FC, even if you do have LS to hold it for you, you can't stop in the middle to brew a few since people are actually paying you for xp so you have to keep the rate constant. So eventually even your LS members will fill up.

Both servers (pre/postmerge) I've been on don't even have public FC parties at all that I've seen so I probably can't talk much about standard practices, hehe.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Serveur: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-22 14:42:37
Link | Citer | R

Do like, all of neo's post just get removed now? lol
[+]
 Phoenix.Bleube
user: Bleube
By Phoenix.Bleube 2011-05-22 16:09:28
Link | Citer | R

yep...looks like it
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-05-22 16:20:56
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Do like, all of neo's post just get removed now? lol
Only the ones that he continues to post after being warned once already.
[+]
 Ramuh.Yarly
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-05-22 16:44:19
Link | Citer | R

Is there a way to blist on these forums?
 Phoenix.Ardiem
user: Ardiem
By Phoenix.Ardiem 2011-05-22 16:44:19
Link | Citer | R

Was it really required for you to ban Neo?

He didn't do anything other than ask an honest question, and make a joke.
[+]
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-22 16:45:59
Link | Citer | R

I didn't even get to see half of his posts before he made that thread. But damn. lol
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-05-22 16:46:11
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Ardiem said:
Was it really required for you to ban Neo?

He didn't do anything other than ask an honest question, and make a joke.
Leave this thread on topic.
[+]
 Phoenix.Ardiem
user: Ardiem
By Phoenix.Ardiem 2011-05-22 16:47:52
Link | Citer | R

Its ridiculous. I've seen Nitroglycerin less volatile.

*edit* Can I ask you in PMs? I know I can make a thread about it and I'd like a real answer.
[+]
 Ramuh.Yarly
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-05-22 16:48:32
Link | Citer | R

Careful, you're going to be next!
 Phoenix.Alarial
user: Alarial
By Phoenix.Alarial 2011-05-22 16:51:28
Link | Citer | R

So you're allowed to ban people even if they dont break the rules now? That seems like a violation of the rules to me.
[+]
 Phoenix.Purpleeyes
By Phoenix.Purpleeyes 2011-05-22 16:52:15
Link | Citer | R

I want the downvote button back!
[+]
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-22 16:52:33
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Purpleeyes said:
I want the downvote button back!
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-05-22 16:52:44
Link | Citer | R

His post did break the rules, lol.

And he raged at me for reporting. Meh.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-22 16:54:16
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Alarial said:
So you're allowed to ban people even if they dont break the rules now? That seems like a violation of the rules to me.
hi neo
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2011-05-22 16:54:27
Link | Citer | R

Oh guys please, lets just keep this post on topic.

I'm still trying to do more testing. If you see me in game, and would like to suggest me a FC, I would love to test them out.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-05-22 16:54:41
Link | Citer | R

I already said keep this thread on topic. Topicbans are being / will be issued.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-22 16:56:00
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Dragonwarrior said:
Oh guys please, lets just keep this post on topic.

I'm still trying to do more testing. If you see me in game, and would like to suggest me a FC, I would love to test them out.

Find me one too!
 Phoenix.Eiryn
user: Eiryn
By Phoenix.Eiryn 2011-05-22 17:11:56
Link | Citer | R

I think the main thing I do not like about the FC craze that Phoenix brought into our personal worlds is the everyone and their brothers try to do them now because they see that some people make gil from it. This means that in any given zone, you have 2-3 people trying to FC mobs that are really nice for blu/rdm farming.(KI, npc items, exp for friend(s)) These people tend to like to diaga or FC onto the blu's held mobs, killing the blu also.

Another point I would like to bring up is that in most of the "good" FC I have been in, the leaders get KI/items from gold chests... So not only are they taking people's gil, but also making money and popsets from the gold chests they get. Just seems like a scam to me.

Oh, and the reason you don't see titan FC shouts, is because we do dom-ops exp parties... for free... for 200k+ exp/hr. Granted you can't just afk for many many hours, but its the most efficient way to exp in the game hands down. (Exp, gil, cruor, dom points->gil)
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-05-22 17:19:21
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Eiryn said:

Oh, and the reason you don't see titan FC shouts, is because we do dom-ops exp parties... for free... for 200k+ exp/hr. Granted you can't just afk for many many hours, but its the most efficient way to exp in the game hands down. (Exp, gil, cruor, dom points->gil)
I honestly don't believe you could be making more exp than a FC, let alone 200k+/hour in a dom ops pick-up group. FC is the best case scenario, killing all of the mobs at once as soon as they respawn, and you can do dom ops between respawns. In a standard pt you will definitely not be killing every single mob before repops.
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2011-05-22 17:20:00
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Eiryn said:
I think the main thing I do not like about the FC craze that Phoenix brought into our personal worlds is the everyone and their brothers try to do them now because they see that some people make gil from it. This means that in any given zone, you have 2-3 people trying to FC mobs that are really nice for blu/rdm farming.(KI, npc items, exp for friend(s)) These people tend to like to diaga or FC onto the blu's held mobs, killing the blu also.

Another point I would like to bring up is that in most of the "good" FC I have been in, the leaders get KI/items from gold chests... So not only are they taking people's gil, but also making money and popsets from the gold chests they get. Just seems like a scam to me.

Right and again, the point is moot. People do free FC's, and even in our LS for emp runs. Our main focus during those FC runs is on KI and Time, but this topic is for those players who actually want to pay to get their jobs leeched. You aren't forced into joining a paid FC, but most FC parties are for LS purposes. You can't always take a lvl 30 job while going to an LS FC farming KI.

I got 30 to 82 DRK last night, amazing FC from Vandel. Granted it was my first FC with him, but it beats the hell out of other FCs. There was a personal dilemma that played "will this be a rip off". It really wasn't, I've had smithing at 100 since 2004 and recently synergy at 80. Gil is not a problem for me. Time for real life and focus on crafting for gil is important for me.

These FC's aren't for everyone, but please respect those that do like charged FC's if you want respect in return. This whole topic was to help paying costumers, by finding the right FC's, instead of being ripped off.
 Phoenix.Eiryn
user: Eiryn
By Phoenix.Eiryn 2011-05-22 17:24:19
Link | Citer | R

An argument has 2 sides. Ardiem and I are presenting the other side. You can't just post something defending your precious FC groups and expect it to go unscathed... let alone on ffxiah forums. At least the two of us did it civilly.
 Titan.Ramsos
Serveur: Titan
user: Ramsos
By Titan.Ramsos 2011-05-22 17:35:11
Link | Citer | R

If people want to pay for FC parties, thats their choice. Its not really something that we should be arguing about. FC leechers most likely make their gil back by selling cruor bought items. Dom-ops people have the option to make more gil by not paying for exp, but getting less exp in the long run. Its up to you how you get your exp, neither side is 100% wrong.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7