Clash of the Titans
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Phoenix.Nightson
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Nightson
By Phoenix.Nightson 2011-05-10 17:33:31
Link | Citer | R

I personally loved the chest thumping wars in pj. I just hated that i'm from windy and i cannot set hp in windy cause i do not want to run all over windy to get to abyssea. CAN'T ZONE INTO MH TOO MUCH AFK PEOPLE RAGEEEE. Mainly once server came up people were nice at first like first min it was pretty ok then the people started shouting TITAN RULES ALL WE ARE HERE TO TAKE OVA THE SERVA. Ended the crazy mood pretty easy since people like negative. Either way the merge came update sucked i hate my new font. And ill just keep going my merry way and work on finding the people that are dbags from titan so i can get to know the server better. Oh and 2 titan people are actually people i knew in rl who knew XD.
 Titan.Prefalin
Serveur: Titan
user: Prefalin
By Titan.Prefalin 2011-05-10 17:35:57
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Nightson said:
I personally loved the chest thumping wars in pj. I just hated that i'm from windy and i cannot set hp in windy cause i do not want to run all over windy to get to abyssea. CAN'T ZONE INTO MH TOO MUCH AFK PEOPLE RAGEEEE. Mainly once server came up people were nice at first like first min it was pretty ok then the people started shouting TITAN RULES ALL WE ARE HERE TO TAKE OVA THE SERVA. Ended the crazy mood pretty easy since people like negative. Either way the merge came update sucked i hate my new font. And ill just keep going my merry way and work on finding the people that are dbags from titan so i can get to know the server better. Oh and 2 titan people are actually people i knew in rl who knew XD.
dont act AFK they may drive by to double check on you o.o
 Titan.Ardiem
user: Ardiem
By Titan.Ardiem 2011-05-10 18:11:00
Link | Citer | R

I know my shell participated in FC burns rather frequently, as did Karasu. Its not that Titans don't understand what a FC burn is, or that we're "simply folk" with no need for your fancy city ways. We're just not desperate enough to purchase exp time.

"Leech" seems to mean something vastly different on Phoenix than it did on Titan. Leeching on Titan involves opening chests for your party till you leave or hit a level high enough to pull your own weight. Phoenix seems to allow people to show up and afk in parties for a price.

My experience on Titan was that this was unacceptable unless it was an LS party. I'd been kicked from parties on Titan for afking for 5mins to use the bathroom without saying anything.

Phoenix is going to take a lot of getting used to.
 Phoenix.Anniel
user: Anniel
By Phoenix.Anniel 2011-05-10 20:20:10
Link | Citer | R

uhm, i had started writing something but fking window closed on me D: anyway!

I was saying... I honestly dont think anyone on Phoenix had the intentions to "Steal" ls names or character names as you guys put it, I find that thought actually kind of silly, ya know... cuz on the many years Phoenix has been around, I"m pretty sure other people came up with those names. And they didn't do it to bother, steal or cause any harm. So, get over yourselves... Phoenix can be pretty nice, and I'm sure you guys too. We didn't pick you to get here, you didnt pick to come here, but it's done so can we all be cool about it?

And remember that any racist jokes anyone say reflect more about themselves than to whatever or whoever they are making fun of.
[+]
 Phoenix.Uzugami
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-10 23:24:47
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Ardiem said:
I know my shell participated in FC burns rather frequently, as did Karasu. Its not that Titans don't understand what a FC burn is, or that we're "simply folk" with no need for your fancy city ways. We're just not desperate enough to purchase exp time.

"Leech" seems to mean something vastly different on Phoenix than it did on Titan. Leeching on Titan involves opening chests for your party till you leave or hit a level high enough to pull your own weight. Phoenix seems to allow people to show up and afk in parties for a price.

My experience on Titan was that this was unacceptable unless it was an LS party. I'd been kicked from parties on Titan for afking for 5mins to use the bathroom without saying anything.

Phoenix is going to take a lot of getting used to.

Two types of FC parties. EXP partys: Keyers are free since they're using their keys. Leeches pay to get EXP, they do Dominion Ops can pay certain amount of time and just AFK. Most pulls don't charge until EXP for said person is at 100~200EXP/kill. Second is just KI farming, which is normally friends, Leeching on jobs (Free) in place of holding KI's for said person's Emp weapon. I don't get what the problem is, really. 400k~ (Roughly on average) to take a job from 30->90. Factor in the amount of cruor you're getting from pulls+Chests+Dominion Ops, you're making ATLEAST that- IF NOT MORE, back at the end of the run. Outside of pick-up parties, which generally fail I might add, FCing is really the only way we EXP. If it's not FC it's a Cataburn, if not Cataburn it's Edging. People on titan have been saying they did this for *Free*? At what speed/how good?
 Phoenix.Degs
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-05-10 23:59:40
Link | Citer | R

things are not looking very good atm.. im sure it will calm down, but when .. no idea, every one is severely butt hurt about the merge
 Phoenix.Ingraham
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-05-11 00:03:15
Link | Citer | R

Port Jeuno is relatively nice right now.

Then again, that's probably because us dang ol' good-for-nuthin' westerners are mostly all asleep now.

edit: nevermind
 Phoenix.Degs
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-05-11 00:20:44
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Ingraham said:
Port Jeuno is relatively nice right now.

Then again, that's probably because us dang ol' good-for-nuthin' westerners are mostly all asleep now.

edit: nevermind
what are you smokin lol.... PJ has been a ***storm all day, its still pretty crazy there even with it being JP prime time
 Phoenix.Ingraham
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-05-11 00:24:24
Link | Citer | R

Whuddya think the 'edit: nevermind' was for?

Someone had to ruin it and scream "LOL IT'S SO QUIET". Wasn't his fault though, someone broke out the cheese and... it was never quite the same again.
 Titan.Ardiem
By Titan.Ardiem 2011-05-11 00:41:24
Link | Citer | R

Yes, we exped using BLU/Edge/Cleave AoE on Titan for exp(and KI too). I imagine the bad parties were has bad on Phoenix as they were on Titan. If done by idiots they will always fail. But the good parties would push 150k-200k/hour exp.

We never shouted for people outside of our own linkshells/friends though. Shout exp was usually just Dom Parties, which usually did well enough.

Like I said before though, people in Titan parties rarely had no purpose. They were either there to open chests and hold KIs, or they weren't there at all. And if you had space in a burn and it was going well, it was usually just common courtesy to offer it to an LS mate needing to level something(and they'd do you a favor holding another popset).

Paying people to keep doing something they're already doing just seems....stupid. And the fact that people shout these slots out like they're rare is a little offensive. Titan isn't asking Phoenix to change its ways. But you need to give us some time to adjust. Eventually both Titan and Phoenix people will find a happy middle ground.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-05-11 04:28:02
Link | Citer | R

I'm an original Phoenixian but still never payed for a FC burn. The point is, can't people just do whatever they want? I didn't want to do it that way, I just ignored those shouts and used a different method, no one forces you to join the guy that charges exp. Yesterday there was this guy from Titan(whose name I can't recall)who had been QQing all day about the FC thing. You don't like it? Fine, don't join, but let people do whatever they want. If you're so sure that it's a fail system it will die eventually, so there's no point in arguing all day about it. It's like some people really want to put up a fight.

It really seems to me like some people(from both sides)try their best to pump this "server pride" thing which is supersilly. What is this highschool? Where's my sexy classmate then?!
 Titan.Ardiem
By Titan.Ardiem 2011-05-11 05:09:41
Link | Citer | R

I wasn't around the other night for the true QQing about FC burns, but I know today a lot of Phoenies took my shock over paying for an exp slot as ragging on it. It wasn't the case, I think its ridiculous and will never use the service personally. And while I do dislike people taking advantage of new players to this game(who might think thats how you exp), I'm more than willing to just ignore it.

Though I have to admit, I got way more pleasure out of antagonizing the white knights defending the way Phoenix does things than I should. Was a great way to get some frustration with the whole situation out of my system, and I feel much better about things.
[+]
 Titan.Dinah
By Titan.Dinah 2011-05-11 14:40:38
Link | Citer | R

I was confused at first as I had never heard of paying for any of the aforementioned activities.

I understand it must be a commonplace "market" for this on Phoenix, but I'm willing to bet with all the Titanites that some people are gonna have to find another way to make some monies. It won't take long before us cheapskate Titan hobos make it a free enterprise.

Yo, Ard.
 Titan.Ardiem
By Titan.Ardiem 2011-05-11 16:10:43
Link | Citer | R

Heya Din :D

*Edit* a Fast edit, Why was Uzugami's post removed by a moderator? I thought we had profanity filters specifically so that children and killjoys didn't have to deal with naughty words.

Seems a bit ridiculous to add a filter, then remove posts that use said Filter. Maybe I didn't read the new rules well enough.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-11 16:45:25
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said:
Where's my sexy classmate then?!
/ present
 Phoenix.Slytribal
user: Slykun
By Phoenix.Slytribal 2011-05-11 17:16:06
Link | Citer | R

If Titans are willing to allow players to just enter FCs to stand around while they sleep or go to work irl for free, we'll be all for it. That is why we pay, to be able to do just that, not as what's been argued 'paying to key is just stupid', keyers pay with cruor, not gil.

The merc market will never die, no matter how hard Titans try to fight against it, it's not just a Phoenix thing, near every server has it, I'm quite shocked Titans didn't have such a thing.

While people may think paying is stupid, and yes, it's not just you Titans, people on Phoenix were against it for a long time, if people are willing to pay, it's their gil to spend how they like, and the leader of the FC and those working are giving their time to level you while you do nothing, so why shouldn't they get something in return?

The whole shout arguements wouldn't go ahead if people didn't mock what goes on, if they tried a civilised conversation, the way Phoenix was before would show, but when certain people from Titan try and be high-all-mighty and try putting us down for the way we run things, we will snap back, human nature and all that.
 Titan.Cantsee
user: cantsee
By Titan.Cantsee 2011-05-11 21:04:20
Link | Citer | R

lol lets just make free fc parties they will die down pretty quick if they can get it free from titan players
 Cerberus.Eugene
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-11 21:06:32
Link | Citer | R

or phoenix can make free fc parties, get you all addicted, and then charge outrageous sums
 Titan.Dinah
By Titan.Dinah 2011-05-12 09:24:10
Link | Citer | R

In my experience I've never witnessed or even heard of anyone just being able to idle and gain experience points on Titan. I can somewhat validate paying for it then, but at the same time, you're paying someone to play the game for you.

I think a majority of the playerbase on Titan was used to earning your way, rather than leeching the exp. This is not to bash the players of Phoenix, as I'm sure they consider the same ideals. Before all the flaming about the interpretations of "earning", just realize that I realize that this is my opinion. Like Ard says, if you go AFK without notice for more than 5 minutes or so, you're likely to get booted. That's one less person speeding up the kill rate for everyone to gain from. I am aware that it doesn't take much to be able to burn some exp from Dominion OPs, but when you have a group dedicated to do so, why let it get slowed down by some bum who doesn't want to do the work themselves.
 Phoenix.Spheroth
user: Spheroth
By Phoenix.Spheroth 2011-05-12 09:30:49
Link | Citer | R

I wish znozzy was still around. Then Titan could see a real shout war. To bad fury and volume aren't around anymore too. I sure miss those crazy kids.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-12 09:50:12
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Spheroth said:
I wish znozzy was still around. Then Titan could see a real shout war. To bad fury and volume aren't around anymore too. I sure miss those crazy kids.

Volume's around still.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-05-12 10:26:50
Link | Citer | R

Hey guyz I heard Volume broke?! [citation needed]
 Phoenix.Iamcanadian
By Phoenix.Iamcanadian 2011-05-12 11:25:29
Link | Citer | R

don't tease us with such good news like that.. its just mean
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-05-12 11:30:37
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Dinah said:
In my experience I've never witnessed or even heard of anyone just being able to idle and gain experience points on Titan. I can somewhat validate paying for it then, but at the same time, you're paying someone to play the game for you.

I think a majority of the playerbase on Titan was used to earning your way, rather than leeching the exp. This is not to bash the players of Phoenix, as I'm sure they consider the same ideals. Before all the flaming about the interpretations of "earning", just realize that I realize that this is my opinion. Like Ard says, if you go AFK without notice for more than 5 minutes or so, you're likely to get booted. That's one less person speeding up the kill rate for everyone to gain from. I am aware that it doesn't take much to be able to burn some exp from Dominion OPs, but when you have a group dedicated to do so, why let it get slowed down by some bum who doesn't want to do the work themselves.

The gil that is spent on the leeching must be earned. It is simply a different method of earning your EXP.

So long as people are willing to pay for something, other people will continue to sell it. Fighting against the market only worsens the situation for everyone.
 Phoenix.Crotin
user: Crotin
By Phoenix.Crotin 2011-05-12 15:22:06
Link | Citer | R

I met some pretty cool Titan people over the last couple days, and I like how the prices are going down for stuff on the AH now that there's more of it. Other than that I haven't noticed too much of a difference...just the same douches on Phoenix combined with douches on Titan makes Port Jeuno a double douche event.

It's pretty funny actually, it almost stops me from joining parties since I want to stick around and read to see who out-douches each other at the end of it all.
 Phoenix.Archeim
user: Archeim
By Phoenix.Archeim 2011-05-12 15:23:35
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Crotin said:
I met some pretty cool Titan people over the last couple days, and I like how the prices are going down for stuff on the AH now that there's more of it. Other than that I haven't noticed too much of a difference...just the same douches on Phoenix combined with douches on Titan makes Port Jeuno a double douche event. It's pretty funny actually, it almost stops me from joining parties since I want to stick around and read to see who out-douches each other at the end of it all.

There are definately a lot of good Titan Refugees... same goes for people everywhere really.
 Phoenix.Dinah
By Phoenix.Dinah 2011-05-13 09:17:12
Link | Citer | R

I try to be a decent player, and I'm not in any way putting down trends that Phoenix is used to. Was just giving my 2 cents. I just find it extremely odd that everything seems to have a price to it. It's something that I'm just going to have to get used to.
 Phoenix.Bleube
user: Bleube
By Phoenix.Bleube 2011-05-13 12:23:44
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said:
Hey guyz I heard Volume broke?! [citation needed]
here we go again...
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-05-13 12:39:15
Link | Citer | R

Just wanna say that this server officially sucks.
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-05-16 09:11:05
Link | Citer | R

Selling Briareus Helms for 200k a pop? 200k for a MNK to tank any NM? Really Titan?

I've noticed way way way more odd shouts in Port Now. Which is a nice change, but ***, most of you drive a hard bargain. But regardless, *** or not, it nice to party with different people. I met some cool peeps over the last few days myself.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7