Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Maleficus
Maleficus
First Page 2
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-09 11:46:17
Link | Citer | R

I was just wondering if any "pro" Blm's have ever actually tested this Scythe vs. HQ staves/Trial staves, etc. I plan on doing some extensive testing myself VS the HQ staves. Curious as to the proc rate, etc. Also, I would like to know what the cap is on the magical crit hit rate and suggestions for building that cap. I already have the grip.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-09 11:49:32
Link | Citer | R

Saw some short testing, and as expected, not worth it.
Only a melee-toy.
Pretty sure it was on these forums, so if you search around you'll probably find it

Edit: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/18481/maleficus#1117994
[+]
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-09 12:04:18
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Saw some short testing, and as expected, not worth it. Only a melee-toy. Pretty sure it was on these forums, so if you search around you'll probably find it Edit: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/18481/maleficus#1117994
Hmm.. thanks I read it and it looks as though I'll have to do some of my own testing...
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-03-09 12:06:29
Link | Citer | R

Moogle expansion head +10
Mab augmented rings from tahrongi +3 x2
Goetia hands +2 +5
Witch sash +2
Grip +3
Shantotto legs for +10% crit dmg
Maleficus +10
Hecates earring +3

39% crit rate and 15% crit damage + the unknown % from Maleficus. Not sure if I forgot something those are just the items that came to my mind if you want to get a crit build.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-09 12:09:21
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Finalvegeta said:
Moogle expansion head +10 Mab augmented rings from tahrongi +3 x2 Goetia hands +2 +5 Witch sash +2 Grip +3 Shantotto legs for +10% crit dmg Maleficus +10 Hecates earring +3 39% crit rate and 15% crit damage + the unknown % from Maleficus. Not sure if I forgot something those are just the items that came to my mind if you want to get a crit build.
Wow, that's JUST what I was looking for; thanks^^ Now... I need to clear up some inventory to make room for yet another Blm build, XD
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-03-09 12:11:36
Link | Citer | R

I'd get + 10 MB bonus on the shantotto legs but each his own :p A crit build sounds interesting too bad that the dmg bonus is so small :/

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-09 12:17:14
Link | Citer | R

I'd get + 10 MB bonus on the shantotto legs but each his own :p A crit build sounds interesting too bad that the dmg bonus is so small :/
I'd like to get the Shan legs, but it's not in the budget atm. What I DO have however, is the grip, the sash, hecatate's, and currently building hands.
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Moogle expansion head +10 Mab augmented rings from tahrongi +3 x2 Goetia hands +2 +5 Witch sash +2 Grip +3 Shantotto legs for +10% crit dmg Maleficus +10 Hecates earring +3 39% crit rate and 15% crit damage + the unknown % from Maleficus. Not sure if I forgot something those are just the items that came to my mind if you want to get a crit build.
you could stack "Mag Crit rate+" atma as well but I don't know if it caps at 50% or not, haven't tested
I use MM, Beyond, and ultimate atmas atm; mostly. Which Atma's give + magic crit rate?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2011-03-09 12:22:14
Link | Citer | R

Sorry, probably a noob question, but this is intriguing and I've never experimented with it before. What situations would you want a crit build over a straight MAB nuke build?
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-09 12:26:54
Link | Citer | R

Atma of the Fetching Footpad- "Magic Attack Bonus":Minor
Magic Critical Hit Damage+:Major
"Conserve MP"+:Superior

Probably the best one since conserve mp could help minimize the need for refresh atma as well as increase dmg thru set proc and MAB to help dmg too

Also until proven otherwise crit build still isn't useful

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-09 12:32:48
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Atma of the Fetching Footpad- "Magic Attack Bonus":Minor Magic Critical Hit Damage+:Major "Conserve MP"+:Superior Also until proven otherwise crit build still isn't useful
Are there any atmas that increase magical crit rate? Oh, and I can see a crit rate build being useful if the un proc'd nukes still go off at,comparably, the same as your other nukes. This is basically what I'm after.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-09 12:34:11
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Atma of the Impregnable Tower- Hp+: Superior Magic Critical Hit Dmg+ Major Magic Accuracy+ Major
o.O I forgot about this atma, and I have it too! /em performs more tests.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-09 12:37:11
Link | Citer | R

Yeah... I just don't really see the point. Unless you seriously boost your crit dmg it's worthless.

I mean even with +15% crit dmg even +50% crit rate only comes out to on average +12.5 MAB. And I think it's safe to assume that the atmas don't give +50 crit rate lol

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-09 12:44:53
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Yeah... I just don't really see the point. Unless you seriously boost your crit dmg it's worthless. I mean even with +15% crit dmg even +50% crit rate only comes out to on average +12.5 MAB. And I think it's safe to assume that the atmas don't give +50 crit rate lol
Well, volume nukes are always nice. However, my biggest pet peeve has been minimizing resist rates. Not so much anymore, at 90, but I always carried a real decent int build at 75and capped merits/skill, etc. Rather get a Bliz IV for a consistant 1400 (outside of abby @75) than 1/10 for 2k+ and the rest resisted. Now that 90 has opened alot of doors, per sey, I've been building (rebuilding rather) my nuke build. If I can nuke for the same (comparably) with the scyth and a crit build, as I would with, say, HQ staves, I think this Scythe is very much worth it. Probably go to sky or sea and do some testing on higher tier int mobs as well.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-03-09 12:47:57
Link | Citer | R

You would be gimping your atmas and your nuke build. Of course if you do more dmg in the end then it is worth it but the thing is you won't.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-09 12:49:04
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Yeah... I just don't really see the point. Unless you seriously boost your crit dmg it's worthless. I mean even with +15% crit dmg even +50% crit rate only comes out to on average +12.5 MAB. And I think it's safe to assume that the atmas don't give +50 crit rate lol
Well, volume nukes are always nice. However, my biggest pet peeve has been minimizing resist rates. Not so much anymore, at 90, but I always carried a real decent int build at 75and capped merits/skill, etc. Rather get a Bliz IV for a consistant 1400 (outside of abby @75) than 1/10 for 2k+ and the rest resisted. Now that 90 has opened alot of doors, per sey, I've been building (rebuilding rather) my nuke build. If I can nuke for the same (comparably) with the scyth and a crit build, as I would with, say, HQ staves, I think this Scythe is very much worth it. Probably go to sky or sea and do some testing on higher tier int mobs as well.
You do realize you are contradicting yourself right?

You say you wanted consistency so kept your resist rate down at the cost of a little dmg. But now your wanting to completely destroy your consistency at the cost of ALOT of dmg.

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2011-03-09 12:53:12
Link | Citer | R

I think he's looking for a way to have his cake and eat it too, since Abyssea and 90 cap changes the game a bit. If that's possible, I'm gonna be all over it (I love BLM builds and could always use another one :3) but I'm kind of skeptical it is possible.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-09 12:53:33
Link | Citer | R

You would be gimping your atmas and your nuke build. Of course if you do more dmg in the end then it is worth it but the thing is you won't.
I agree here. I don't think I can go wrong with my current atmas of beyond, ultimate, and MM. I just wanted to play and see if the crit damage/rate, etc, would be fun. Outisde of Abby, I wanted to see if my crit rate build with the scyth was comparable to my mab build with hq staves. I can see that it's possible; Idk though. No one, from what I can tell, has actually done any serious testing. As I previously stated, I'll get on it and see
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-09 12:54:41
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
You do realize you are contradicting yourself right? You say you wanted consistency so kept your resist rate down at the cost of a little dmg. But now your wanting to completely destroy your consistency at the cost of ALOT of dmg.
he mentioned the lvl 90 cap boosted his INT so much that he can shift his focus?
That's not the point I was making. He said he was doing it for consistency.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-09 12:57:02
Link | Citer | R

What it really comes down to is the scythe.

If the scythe is omfg this is what blm relic should be good then it might be worth it. But without some rediculous amount of +crit dmg on the scythe you'll be looking at less dmg when you crit than you would've gotten not critting with normal setup forget average dmg
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-09 12:59:39
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
You do realize you are contradicting yourself right? You say you wanted consistency so kept your resist rate down at the cost of a little dmg. But now your wanting to completely destroy your consistency at the cost of ALOT of dmg.
he mentioned the lvl 90 cap boosted his INT so much that he can shift his focus?
That's not the point I was making. He said he was doing it for consistency.
I like consistancy, yes!! But what I'm saying is that at 90, outside of Abby, my int exceeds the 150 even loaded as I am with MAB. I don't meet with any resists. Maybe a Tier 1 resist on lightsday once in a blue moon, so yeah, I'd like to shift my focus to damage. I think crit rate cap might be fun too; especially if it procs often
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-09 13:07:36
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
I like consistancy, yes!! But what I'm saying is that at 90, outside of Abby, my int exceeds the 150 even loaded as I am with MAB. I don't meet with any resists. Maybe a Tier 1 resist on lightsday once in a blue moon, so yeah, I'd like to shift my focus to damage. I think crit rate cap might be fun too; especially if it procs often
/faceplam

What I'm saying is going for crit dmg is the very opposite of consistency.

Before you were lowering your nukes in order to prevent really low ones.

Now you are trying to increase your max dmg but increasing the chance of lower dmgs... especially if it procs often and you can boost it's dmg alot. It would be like the crits were normal dmg and the non crits were like your resist before

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-09 13:12:46
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
/faceplam What I'm saying is going for crit dmg is the very opposite of consistency. Before you were lowering your nukes in order to prevent really low ones. Now you are trying to increase your max dmg but increasing the chance of lower dmgs... especially if it procs often and you can boost it's dmg alot. It would be like the crits were normal dmg and the non crits were like your resist before
No, what I wanna see (if it's possible) is that my NON-proc'd nukes land the same as with hq staves. If so, then the proc'd nukes are just a bonus^^

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-09 13:16:56
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
No, what I wanna see (if it's possible) is that my NON-proc'd nukes land the same as with hq staves. If so, then the proc'd nukes are just a bonus^^
You wanna see if +10MAB/int can be as good as +15% dmg? Are you trolling me?

And you still don't seem to get that you clearly don't like consistency as much as you say you do.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-03-09 13:17:56
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
You wanna see if +10MAB/int can be as good as +15% dmg? Are you trolling me?
I'll troll you, I'm not afraid.
First Page 2