users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Maleficus
Maleficus
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-09 13:24:17
Link | Citer | R

You're probably right. The only real reason Iwent after this scythe is because I had a couple people that had it tell me it was hax, that it's better than it's stats would suggest. I just wanted some input is all. Besides, I'm tired of the HQ staves and don't have the time/patience to build a set of trial staves. Only thing the trials have done is tried my patience.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-09 13:27:00
Link | Citer | R

Well they probably meant the +crit dmg is hax... which it might be. Don't got one to test yet. Been thinking of fighting it again. Stupid thing is annoying though and didn't get scythe even with Th and blue last time.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-09 13:32:08
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Well they probably meant the +crit dmg is hax... which it might be. Don't got one to test yet. Been thinking of fighting it again. Stupid thing is annoying though and didn't get scythe even with Th and blue last time.
Went 1/2. Got blu both times. Second time I went on Smn, had Leviathan tank it while my bro Warlok proc'd thf9 on it. Got full drops. (I was on thf the first time and only managed thf7).
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-03-09 13:33:21
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
No, what I wanna see (if it's possible) is that my NON-proc'd nukes land the same as with hq staves. If so, then the proc'd nukes are just a bonus^^
You wanna see if +10MAB/int can be as good as +15% dmg? Are you trolling me?

And you still don't seem to get that you clearly don't like consistency as much as you say you do.
Obviously you would use Rune Chopper before those two to cut down on that pesky Bliz V recast timer.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-09 13:34:15
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I fought it lot of times trying to get atma but *** kept owning hard. Or random lame stuff would happen lol.

How exactly does he get levithan to tank anyways? Damn thing melees me for 500-600 no crit. Tp moves are larger physical and do lots of dmg. Or was the back when avatars could still get 100% pdt?
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-09 13:39:04
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Yeah I fought it lot of times trying to get atma but *** kept owning hard. Or random lame stuff would happen lol. How exactly does he get levithan to tank anyways? Damn thing melees me for 500-600 no crit. Tp moves are larger physical and do lots of dmg. Or was the back when avatars could still get 100% pdt?
No, I was the one on Smn. Ducal gaurd is FTW. Leviathan, the whole fight, never dipped below 75% health. Ever. Doing Tail whips for 2k+ and Brulo's Astral flow had no affect that I noticed at all.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-09 13:41:20
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Yeah I fought it lot of times trying to get atma but *** kept owning hard. Or random lame stuff would happen lol. How exactly does he get levithan to tank anyways? Damn thing melees me for 500-600 no crit. Tp moves are larger physical and do lots of dmg. Or was the back when avatars could still get 100% pdt?
No, I was the one on Smn. Ducal gaurd is FTW. Leviathan, the whole fight, never dipped below 75% health. Ever. Doing Tail whips for 2k+ and Brulo's Astral flow had no affect that I noticed at all.
Sounds like it was before they fixed ducal gaurd to me. Seeing as it's supposed to and now wont proc until below 50%. And now it doesn't add with innate pdt. I believe it is multiplicative. So 75% ish. Still a good 125-150 per hit which is a lot. And regular tp moves would deal like 1500 to me unless I had full shadows lol
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-09 13:43:12
Link | Citer | R

Nope. Got my scythe last night^^
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-09 13:45:22
Link | Citer | R

Ok now I know you are trolling me...

Atma of the Ducal Guard - (HP Below 50%) Damage Taken -: Superior

Asura.Malekith
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2011-03-09 13:49:44
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
No, what I wanna see (if it's possible) is that my NON-proc'd nukes land the same as with hq staves. If so, then the proc'd nukes are just a bonus^^

Two thoughts...

1. When magic crit was first added via MKE hat, I thought it was determined magic crit = +10MAB.

Thus using that scythe by itself works out to +25 MAB 1 time on every 10 casts. If you're soloing that's not enough to count to save your ***, and more than likely will be overnuking. To say nothing of the random chance your AF3 set bonus kicks further bumping dmg. Pretty numbers for sure but all that overage would more often than not be wasted. And hell if you were fighting something larger you'd better hope Manawall/ enmity douse were up.

2. If you compare the +2 Trial staff to this scythe you're looking at +15 MAB 90% (+25 MAB 10%) of the time vs. +30% DMG & -12% cast speed. Not sure about you I'd think a percentage beats a static bonus.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-09 13:49:53
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ok now I know you are trolling me... Atma of the Ducal Guard - (HP Below 50%) Damage Taken -: Superior
I mentioned the atma, because it is supreme for smn still, but it's hardly the only atma I used. MM and RR as well, But you don't have to take my word for it. Leviathan tanked it admirably.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2011-03-09 13:51:54
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ok now I know you are trolling me... Atma of the Ducal Guard - (HP Below 50%) Damage Taken -: Superior
I mentioned the atma, because it is supreme for smn still, but it's hardly the only atma I used. MM and RR as well, But you don't have to take my word for it. Leviathan tanked it admirably.
I can vouch for this. The DG atma is wholly broken for pet jobs and if SE ever adjusted it there'd be a howl of protest from the BST and SMN community like you wouldn't believe.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-09 13:51:58
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Idk the thing is just kinda crazy. Heck seen T2s tear thru avatars just meleeing
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-09 13:52:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Malekith said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I can vouch for this. The DG atma is wholly broken for pet jobs and if SE ever adjusted it there'd be a howl of protest from the BST and SMN community like you wouldn't believe.
They did and there sorta was. Was in the last patch. It doesn't proc above 50% anymore and it doesn't add with native avatar pdt. So now apparently only bst can get to 100% pdt though smn can still get close but have to gear up for a it a bit
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-09 13:53:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Malekith said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Two thoughts... 1. When magic crit was first added via MKE hat, I thought it was determined magic crit = +10MAB. Thus using that scythe by itself works out to +25 MAB 1 time on every 10 casts. If you're soloing that's not enough to count to save your ***, and more than likely will be overnuking. To say nothing of the random chance your AF3 set bonus kicks further bumping dmg. Pretty numbers for sure but all that overage would more often than not be wasted. And hell if you were fighting something larger you'd better hope Manawall/ enmity douse were up. 2. If you compare the +2 Trial staff to this scythe you're looking at +15 MAB 90% (+25 MAB 10%) of the time vs. +30% DMG & -12% cast speed. Not sure about you I'd think a percentage beats a static bonus.
Yeah, I've thought this out too. And again, you're right. I hardly solo on Blm though anymore. Rdm or Smn being my solo jobs (unless I'm farming, then thf^^)
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2011-03-09 13:56:32
Link | Citer | R

Hey trouble did you have any gaar for pet -PDT to stack with ducal or?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-09 13:57:45
Link | Citer | R

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news20304.shtml

From what I've read pet pdt gear adds with atmas but the innate pdt is multiplied together now. And think stout servant is also multiplied to it
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-09 13:59:49
Link | Citer | R

Yes. I can't, atm tell ya specifically which sets I had (not ig to look) but yeah, I load up on it. I'm in love with Scourge btw. (Smn staff from Hedejet scorpion)
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2011-03-09 14:02:48
Link | Citer | R

That staff does not exist... ;>.>
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-09 14:03:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Malekith said:
He means soulscourge. And yes it's an awesome bp staff
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-09 14:10:15
Link | Citer | R

I think I went 1/4 on the staff, which was fine. I was farming the scorp for my jewels to +2 my coat
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2011-03-09 15:37:28
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Malekith said:
He means soulscourge. And yes it's an awesome bp staff

Oh I know what he meant, didn't mean there to be confusion. It's just I killed Hedjedjet enough to +2BLM and RDM bodies... no staff...