Dbl Attk Or Store TP?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Dbl Attk or Store TP?
Dbl Attk or Store TP?
First Page 2
 Quetzalcoatl.Tivaud
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Tivaud
By Quetzalcoatl.Tivaud 2011-03-07 10:58:27
Link | Citer | R

I have recently changed main jobs to WAR and have been looking for the optimum damage setup. Would it be best to stack up on Double Attk +%, Store TP gear, or a mixture of both? This is what I use now

TP setup

* +24% Dbl Att rate (w/merits)
* Haste +20%
* Store TP +10

I need a minimum Store TP +21 if using Raging Rush to get to a 5 hit setup. Using /SAM with Store TP II I get +15 that leaves me with Store TP +9. With my gear I this should give me a 5 hit setup right?

Then for WS'in I use

WS setup

anyone have ideas for improvement? Thanks ^^
[+]
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Greyfin
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2011-03-07 11:02:32
Link | Citer | R

W. Turban, and Dusk Gloves till you HQ the legs and feet to the +2 versions. That would put you at 26% haste, or get a better haste belt. Also I would use the Atheling Mantle in your WS set as well instead of Cerb Mantle. Also depending on what your bestia legs have for augments, I would stick to the emp war pants instead just for the extra DA%.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Serveur: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-07 11:15:06
Link | Citer | R

Haste cap > X Hit build > DA

Walahra turban + dusk gloves + bullwhip belt would be your quickest improvement until Af3 +2, zelus tiara and goading belt.
For Ws, you could get Heafoc mitts, ele Neck & Belt, higher Str ring. You must get Rajas ring btw

Edit: keep Brutal and Ravager earring also for ws. Idk the parse for it, but as far as I know, Heca harness isn't an amazing body for RR. Depending on whether your buffs are up or not, Zahak > Grim

Are you looking for an Xhit build within Aby or outside?

[+]
By alas 2011-03-07 12:14:49
Link | Citer | R

The setup you listed there should return 17.2 tp per swing as /sam. That makes a true 6hit. To reach a true 5hit, you would need a total of 46 stp, including 15 from /sam, thus you would need 31 stp on gear. It would also require a fair bit of sacrifice in ws gear as you'd need 32 total stp on ws (17 from gear). This would primarily be for outside Abyssea tho since it doesn't account for VV regain tics.
Inside Abyssea you can count on 2-3 regain tics which makes things considerably easier. But even with 3 tics, this setup would not 5 hit.

For a true 5 hit that doesn't rely on regain tics at all:
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-07 12:18:37
Link | Citer | R

Dont think I would ever recommend making a 5hit setup where you NEED 3 regain tics >_>
2 sure, but with lucky double/triple attacks that's gonna leave you 2tp short alot of the time.
By alas 2011-03-07 12:20:02
Link | Citer | R

Biggest problem for his set tho is the lack of capped haste, which is where the 3 tics comes from, but yea, 2 regain tics is certainly the ideal.
Personally, I prefer true 5-hitting in my tp build then letting the regain tic(s) make up for eliminating stp from my ws set.
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-03-07 12:26:13
Link | Citer | R

You should use a rajas ring, there's really no reason not to.
I see you have a brutal, so you can't be that far away from Rajas.

Also, make sure you ws in brutal as well.

Also, do what nexdeus said.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tivaud
By Quetzalcoatl.Tivaud 2011-03-07 13:39:06
Link | Citer | R

Thanks, I would prefer a build that works outside of Abyssea so I can use it either way. And I already have Tamas when I was a BLM main, guess I can change that now though...Do Dbl/Trpl Attks count toward TP? If so, do they count as an additional 100%TP/hit? The aug's aren't that great on the Belli pants, wasted over 30 trophies and didn't get anything really, just used them for STR+ for WS. So Rav pants are better to WS in? why so?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-07 13:46:27
Link | Citer | R

For meleeing, each extra hit gained from DA or TA gets the same amount of TP as a regular swing. On a WS, each extra attack from DA or TA gets 1 tp, which is then modified by your store tp.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tivaud
By Quetzalcoatl.Tivaud 2011-03-07 13:48:41
Link | Citer | R

Ah ok thx Woods.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tivaud
By Quetzalcoatl.Tivaud 2011-03-07 14:00:27
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sheelay said:
Haste cap > X Hit build > DA Walahra turban + dusk gloves + bullwhip belt would be your quickest improvement until Af3 +2, zelus tiara and goading belt. For Ws, you could get Heafoc mitts, ele Neck & Belt, higher Str ring. You must get Rajas ring btw Edit: keep Brutal and Ravager earring also for ws. Idk the parse for it, but as far as I know, Heca harness isn't an amazing body for RR. Depending on whether your buffs are up or not, Zahak > Grim Are you looking for an Xhit build within Aby or outside?

Would twilight mail be comparable to Zahak's. Grim is kinda pricey...
 Quetzalcoatl.Tivaud
By Quetzalcoatl.Tivaud 2011-03-07 14:06:22
Link | Citer | R

So the idea is to WS as fast and as much as possible not necessarily maximizing the damage of the WS?
 Quetzalcoatl.Tivaud
By Quetzalcoatl.Tivaud 2011-03-07 14:13:12
Link | Citer | R

alas said:
The setup you listed there should return 17.2 tp per swing as /sam. That makes a true 6hit. To reach a true 5hit, you would need a total of 46 stp, including 15 from /sam, thus you would need 31 stp on gear. It would also require a fair bit of sacrifice in ws gear as you'd need 32 total stp on ws (17 from gear). This would primarily be for outside Abyssea tho since it doesn't account for VV regain tics. Inside Abyssea you can count on 2-3 regain tics which makes things considerably easier. But even with 3 tics, this setup would not 5 hit. For a true 5 hit that doesn't rely on regain tics at all:

Why do you prefer to use Ravager's Mufflers +2 for your TP build set?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-03-07 14:16:29
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Tivaud said:
So the idea is to WS as fast and as much as possible not necessarily maximizing the damage of the WS?

Correct, WS freq >, though it's dependant on factors like accuracy/STP/Haste/DW/TA/DA/etc

Haste is capped in that set, and I'm pretty sure the hands have to be equipped full time for the restraint bonus.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tivaud
By Quetzalcoatl.Tivaud 2011-03-07 14:23:40
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Correct, WS freq >, though it's dependant on factors like accuracy/STP/Haste/DW/TA/DA/etc
Haste is capped in that set, and I'm pretty sure the hands have to be equipped full time for the restraint bonus.

So you'd have to WS in them as well...
By alas 2011-03-07 14:32:09
Link | Citer | R

The short answer is, inside Abyssea, your str, dex, crit rate and acc are basically capped via base stats/skill, cruor buffs and atma. Zahak's wins with Berserk up because it raises your crit rate, with grim +1 close behind because of the large raise in attack (+44). With Berserk down, Grim +1 pulls ahead due to that same raise in attack. Twilight mail on the other hand is only beneficial in that 1 str = .75 attk since your str, dex and acc are already capped.
Outside Abyssea Twilight Mail will perform better than inside since its relevant stats won't be auto-capped, but inside it's basically useless. This is the exact same reason to not bother with your str augmented legs. The attack +15 and double attack +5% from af3+2 legs will do more damage on average.
[+]
By alas 2011-03-07 14:33:23
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:

No, you do not have to ws in them. They just have to be equipped during the tp phase to get the bonus to Restraint. I use Heafoc Mitts for WS.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tivaud
By Quetzalcoatl.Tivaud 2011-03-07 14:35:49
Link | Citer | R

alas said:
The short answer is, inside Abyssea, your str, dex, crit rate and acc are basically capped via base stats/skill, cruor buffs and atma. Zahak's wins with Berserk up because it raises your crit rate, with grim +1 close behind because of the large raise in attack (+44). With Berserk down, Grim +1 pulls ahead due to that same raise in attack. Twilight mail on the other hand is only beneficial in that 1 str = .75 attk since your str, dex and acc are already capped. Outside Abyssea Twilight Mail will perform better than inside since its relevant stats won't be auto-capped, but inside it's basically useless. This is the exact same reason to not bother with your str augmented legs. The attack +15 and double attack +5% from af3+2 legs will do more damage on average.

Wow ok thanks, I didn't know about the cap crap in Abyssea. Well since Grim is 1.4 mil on my server I'll probably deal with Zahak until I get Rav. Body +2.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-03-07 14:36:50
Link | Citer | R

Afaik it's possible to swap them out for WS, even if you can't I'd doubt it's far behind if at all behind Heafoc
 Bismarck.Nalien
user: juro
By Bismarck.Nalien 2011-03-07 14:37:25
Link | Citer | R

I do not *** get why anyone would - under any circumstances - ever buy a god damn NQ Cerberus Mantle for DD purposes.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tivaud
By Quetzalcoatl.Tivaud 2011-03-07 14:38:40
Link | Citer | R

alas said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
No, you do not have to ws in them. They just have to be equipped during the tp phase to get the bonus to Restraint. I use Heafoc Mitts for WS.

Wait if restraint builds the damage of WS by each normal hit, when you switch out your hands with the enhanced restraint you still get the beneficial trait on the hands? or heafoc is just better regardless of the enhanced restraint trait?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-03-07 14:41:48
Link | Citer | R

Wait if restraint builds the damage of WS by each normal hit, when you switch out your hands with the enhanced restraint you still get the beneficial trait on the hands? or heafoc is just better regardless of the enhanced restraint trait?

I dunno what the bonus from Restraint is, but pretend it's 1%, 2% with hands on. Each hit would be +2% while the hands are equipped, taking them off just puts it back to +1% for every next hit. They all acummulate for your next WS though. Can swap out for the WS itself
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tivaud
By Quetzalcoatl.Tivaud 2011-03-07 14:43:33
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nalien said:
I do not *** get why anyone would - under any circumstances - ever buy a god damn NQ Cerberus Mantle for DD purposes.

I asked for comments of improvement not criticism. Thx for the try though German.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tivaud
By Quetzalcoatl.Tivaud 2011-03-07 14:44:26
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
I dunno what the bonus from Restraint is, but pretend it's 1%, 2% with hands on. Each hit would be +2% while the hands are equipped, taking them off just puts it back to +1% for every next hit. They all acummulate for your next WS though. Can swap out for the WS itself

Ah ok cool, thx ^^
By Halticus 2011-03-07 14:49:34
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nalien said:
I asked for comments of improvement not criticism. Thx for the try though German.
*Just spit my beer all over my keyboard* LOL
 Odin.Sheelay
Serveur: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-07 14:51:19
Link | Citer | R

Twilight mail is not bad, it's just not the top choice. Clearly it will beat Heca in any situation. If you get one and are on a budget, by all means use it.

You could go for Zahak's mail (much cheaper than Grim and very good) for buffed situations and mail for unbuffed ( Berserk / Restraint / Aggressor ).
[+]
By alas 2011-03-07 14:52:17
Link | Citer | R

Af3+2 hands modify the bonus, which is stored separately from the hands themselves. In essence the hands double the effectiveness of restraint for each regular swing (bonus doesn't apply to additional double attack or triple attack swings), but are not reliant on the hands being on during the ws.
If you were to wear them on a first hit, remove for second, put em back on for 3rd, alternating etc., your restraint bonus would look like this: Double, regular, double, regular, etc. It would still calculate those 4 hits as being equivalent to 6 hits in restraint ws bonus damage even though you took them off and reequipped like that.
TBH, I'm not sure if there are better hands for tp phase (there may very well be) since the reality is you're probably only really getting 2-3 swings that count toward Restraint bonus when using a 5-hit. This certainly reduces their effectiveness, but when you're shooting for a 5hit, your damage is shifting toward your ws frequency, so upping that ws damage in tp phase seems like the right thing to do.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-03-07 14:55:18
Link | Citer | R

np
[+]
First Page 2