US Economic Collapse?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » US Economic collapse?
US Economic collapse?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Fenrir.Mankey
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Mankey 2011-03-04 22:12:08
Link | Citer | R

The video is interesting, shows some flaws that are largely in the open. Its long though, but well worth the listen. If you do make finish it, whats your take on it? http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pro/1011PSIENDVD/OPSIM334/PR
[+]
 Bahamut.Paulus
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2011-03-04 23:16:11
Link | Citer | R

Yes I saw this when I went to www.endofamerica36.com. It makes sense but keep in mind he is plugging a book and several other "Free offers" so it could just be a gimmick.

This is an interesting read about how the national debt is impossible to pay off.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/it-is-now-mathematically-impossible-to-pay-off-the-u-s-national-debt.

Opinions range from it being able to be paid off by lending the same dollar over and over again for interest to it not being possible.

Any thoughts?
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-03-04 23:22:18
Link | Citer | R

I didn't look at it, but I know at the moment the Aussie Dollar is worth more than the US Dollar, and to my knowledge that's never happened. Unless us Aussies are doing something right, then the US must be in some serious economic ***.

(I have nfi about economy)
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-03-04 23:35:47
Link | Citer | R

You know things are bad when the CAD is worth more than the USD.
[+]
 Asura.Silvaria
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Silvaria 2011-03-04 23:36:06
Link | Citer | R

Yep, there are a number of indicators that the U.S. is heading for major disaster, economically, socially, and politically. That's what happens when people run around, thumping their chests and screaming, "We're THE greatest nation on earth!" It's rather akin to alcoholics not being able to admit they have a problem - nothing gets solved until they do so.
[+]
By Serj 2011-03-04 23:37:22
Link | Citer | R

http://hillbuzz.org/2011/01/22/stansberry-associates-investment-research-presentation-scam-do-not-fall-for-this/

Cheers. Googled "Stansberry & Associates Investment Research". That was the 4th link.
[+]
 Bahamut.Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2011-03-04 23:38:59
Link | Citer | R

I hope there is enough gold in Fort Knox for a rainy day. ><!
 Phoenix.Mogue
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2011-03-04 23:39:46
Link | Citer | R

its like its 1995 all over again.
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2011-03-04 23:41:52
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Ingraham
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-03-04 23:42:00
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Paulus said:
I hope there is enough gold in Fort Knox for a rainy day. ><!

[+]
By Serj 2011-03-04 23:42:02
Link | Citer | R

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_Stansberry_Associates_Investment_Research_a_reputable_company

http://briandeer.com/vaxgen/stansberry-fraud.htm

http://oneguysinvestments.com/gumshoe/comments.php?DiscussionID=865

Etc etc etc.
[+]
 Sylph.Spency
Serveur: Sylph
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2011-03-04 23:47:51
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
You know things are bad when the CAD is worth more than the USD.

:)

Canada rules!
By Serj 2011-03-04 23:48:16
Link | Citer | R

http://www.examiner.com/cultural-trends-in-san-diego/is-the-end-of-america-close-at-hand

Quote:
Fastforward now to 2010. Stansberry and Associates Investement Research has put together the following website, endofamerica12.com, which lays out a very compelling case, explaining in great detail the reasons why it thinks America's collapse is not only a certainty, but an imminent one as well - within the next 12 months, they say.

I suppose the coming months will reveal whether the company's bold claims were on target or not.

By Serj 2011-03-04 23:55:31
Link | Citer | R

http://reviewopedia.com/workathome/tag/stansberrys-fraud/

Bismarck.Elanabelle
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-03-05 00:03:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Silvaria said:
Yep, there are a number of indicators that the U.S. is heading for major disaster, economically, socially, and politically. That's what happens when people run around, thumping their chests and screaming, "We're THE greatest nation on earth!" It's rather akin to alcoholics not being able to admit they have a problem - nothing gets solved until they do so.

Absolutely 100% correct.
I've been saying this for a while now, and more and more Americans are realizing this ... but not nearly quickly enough.
There's a very unfortunate stubbornness built-in to the "Baby Boomer" generation that controls most CEO positions and elected government positions right now. They're often far too blinded by their nationalism and leftover satisfaction from "winning" the Cold War.

Both fortunately and unfortunately, that generation will soon be overcrowding America's nursing homes and retirement living centers.
After that happens, maybe we'll be able to change our educational system and catch up with the standards now being raised by Scandinavia, Japan, Australia, and New Zealand. Hopefully by then it won't be too late.
[+]
 Leviathan.Willoflame
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2011-03-05 00:05:26
Link | Citer | R

I watched the whole thing. It's most likely a fraud, some of the sources aren't even real, or were interpreted incorrectly. Not only that, but he drives that nail that you should "subscribe". An advisory is not a sales pitch.

In terms of the US's economy collapsing... It's most likely going to happen. We (Americans) have gotten so lazy, that we rely on foreign countries more-so than ourselves. Instead of doing the right thing, politicians are more concerned on pleasing the majority of people just to get a vote.
[+]
 Bahamut.Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2011-03-05 00:10:07
Link | Citer | R

I'd imagine that the politicians don't do it for votes but rather to gain unfettered access to the country's purse strings.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Snuffy
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Snuffy 2011-03-05 00:34:00
Link | Citer | R

If this guy really did predict these troubles he should've come out a massive billionaire, which he certainly does not seem to be the case (him stating that he spent "a significant amount of money" developing a YouTube video means he's either not that rich or he's facetiously trying to make it sound like he's just another "Joe"). The real firms that DID predict the housing bubble like Magnetar Capital DID come out making tens of billions of dollars. And no they did not offer their predictions and thoughts for free on the Internet BECAUSE THAT'S NOT HOW CREDIBLE INVESTMENT FIRMS ACT.

He's just another shuckster bamboozling libertarians into buying gold and silver with scare stories about the "dangers" of paper money. We already get the same song and dance from Glenn Beck and Ron Paul if that's any indication of the soundness of these schemes. I'm not going to derail to explain why paper money and the flexibility of its value is better than gold or silver, but I'd ask anyone considering such foolishness to examine the periodic crazes for gold and the similarities in sales pitches for the last, I dunno, 100 years.

As for the US collapsing, ***. There may be financial collapses, yes, and people losing their jobs. But at the end of the day, the wealth and value of America has nothing to do with its prices. Our wealth is not in dollars, or gold, or stock averages. The wealth of America is in its massive land abundant in resources, in the massive amount of arable land that feeds people, it's in the cutting edge farming technology that let's us produce a food surplus for 300 million fat people and many small countries, it's in the top notch manufacturing facilities with productivity so high that we don't need a giant labor pool to operate them, and it's in our well-educated population which has more PhDs than any other country, and it's in our civil society that maintains our social bonds when our governments and businesses fail us. That's where America's wealth is, and all the games with dollars and gold cannot destroy that.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-05 00:35:41
Link | Citer | R

Didn't make it 30 secs before getting bored and clicking out
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-05 00:35:58
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Asura.Silvaria said:

Absolutely 100% correct.
I've been saying this for a while now, and more and more Americans are realizing this ... but not nearly quickly enough.
There's a very unfortunate stubbornness built-in to the "Baby Boomer" generation that controls most CEO positions and elected government positions right now. They're often far too blinded by their nationalism and leftover satisfaction from "winning" the Cold War.

Both fortunately and unfortunately, that generation will soon be overcrowding America's nursing homes and retirement living centers.
After that happens, maybe we'll be able to change our educational system and catch up with the standards now being raised by Scandinavia, Japan, Australia, and New Zealand. Hopefully by then it won't be too late.

I'll agree with that we need to remove that said group of people from power. I don't see a complete policy change being necessary but a good bit does need done. It very well may be time to sell off some land to pay back the "debt".
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow 2011-03-05 00:38:43
Link | Citer | R

I'm more interested in this.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2011-03-05 00:43:28
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Willoflame said:
In terms of the US's economy collapsing... It's most likely going to happen. We (Americans) have gotten so lazy, that we rely on foreign countries more-so than ourselves. Instead of doing the right thing, politicians are more concerned on pleasing the majority of people just to get a vote.
I disagree to some point on this. Companies are the ones taking the manufacturing to overseas instead of investing on national labor for their products because its cheaper for them to manufacture outside of the USA. Why? Labor Laws may be less strict in other countries. Minimum Wage in lets say India, is a lot less than in the USA. The wage of an USA employer may not be higher, but their executive plant has a higher salary than those below them, so they got to maximize profit whilst keep cost down. I really dont believe its because Americans are lazy, I believe its because there really are not enough jobs.
[+]
 Odin.Gosuapple
Serveur: Odin
user: gosuapple
By Odin.Gosuapple 2011-03-05 00:43:48
Link | Citer | R

Just googled this guy. He lost a suit the the SEC for essentially being a scam artist. Mystery solved. I was pretty skeptical a few seconds in when it talked about all their research being done from actual 10K filings. I've researched 10K filings for a living and found it suspect that they weren't linking any of their information or providing their research methods and what do you know I was right, con artist.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Arawn
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Arawn
By Ifrit.Arawn 2011-03-05 00:49:25
Link | Citer | R

I wonder what the total amount of money that the US is spending outside of the country on peacekeeping operations and aid to underdeveloped nations and to fight terrorism.

It wouldn't surprise me that if we ended up not spending all of that money we'd be able to start posting black numbers in the coming years. Of course, we'd have to go back to isolationist doctrine.

Would suck for some countries in the world. It'd save the citizens of the US a lot of headaches though.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-05 01:15:23
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Ifrit.Arawn said:
I wonder what the total amount of money that the US is spending outside of the country on peacekeeping operations and aid to underdeveloped nations and to fight terrorism.

It wouldn't surprise me that if we ended up not spending all of that money we'd be able to start posting black numbers in the coming years. Of course, we'd have to go back to isolationist doctrine.

1) You can not fight terrorism.

2) I agree.

meh you can, just not in the typical sense

Now if you mean you can't 100% prevent it, then yes that is true.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5