TP/WS Am I Doing It Wrong ?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » TP/WS am i doing it wrong ?
TP/WS am i doing it wrong ?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-02-27 03:15:39
Link | Citer | R

I feel as though I've made some progress lately..
TP Build: I use Grim Cuirass when ever /NIN or /MNK Set effect doesn't want to kick in for me :S

I need to get a V Belt(for non /SAM) or Goading Belt(For 5 hit Currently at 27 Haste so yeah..)

No Rose Strap at the moment btw in mention of a 5 hit build :S

Raging Rush: Same for Ukko's just Thunder Gorget/Belt
Need to +2 my mask /cry

PDT Set(WIP) Need's Twilight Necklace, HQ Head/Hands(Or Heavy Gauntlets), Some good Augs on Dark Rings/Earrings, and Ruffian leggings. (Have Earth Staff for procs/emergencies)

MDT- Need Twilight neck again, some kinda cape, and HQ body.

IR Lance for procs/emergencies

Any suggestions?

Edit: 17/50 Glavoid for Ukon :S
 Odin.Sheelay
Serveur: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-02-27 03:26:40
Link | Citer | R

Bullwhip belt is still much easier to get than Vbelt.

Since you don't seem to mind swpping weapon on PDT gear you could make a PDT Atlas +2 and keep an eisen grip. At leat you'll be able to keep the damage up.

All of that won't matter though once you get Ukon, gogo!
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-27 03:27:25
Link | Citer | R

i count 26% for mdt (correct me if i'm wrong), which should cap you for shell V (23% for merited shellra V i believe), so adding twilight/hq body wouldn't do anything for you unless you play without shell or you meant to replace other pieces of gear (both seem plausible).
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-27 03:28:49
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sheelay said:

Since you don't seem to mind swpping weapon on PDT gear you could make a PDT Atlas +2 and keep an eisen grip. At leat you'll be able to keep the damage up.

well i think he has a bullwhip belt and just wants vbelt for the hp and stuff back, unless i missed something.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-02-27 03:32:47
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

well i think he has a bullwhip belt and just wants vbelt for the hp and stuff back, unless i missed something.

Yep, my bad lol. I was watching an episode from Lost and skipped the Bullwhip on his set heh.

Edit: On another note, for the MDT set, Merman armor set might prove better than Coral since it has no elemental negatives and you can get some more HP in case you merited MP.
For the PDT set, there are also the colossus earring and some Aby augmented earrings
 Leviathan.Solanis
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2011-02-27 03:36:55
Link | Citer | R

skip the vbelt, and go straight for the goading. decently easy to get (anyone cleaving for chloris or glavoid will have plenty of sets to sell) and super outclasses anything else for war.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-27 03:39:19
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sheelay said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

Yep, my bad lol. I was watching an episode from Lost and skipped the Bullwhip on his set heh.

Edit: On another note, for the MDT set, Merman armor set might prove better than Coral since it has no elemental negatives and you can get some more HP in case you merited MP.
For the PDT set, there are also the colossus earring and some Aby augmented earrings
you mean for the head? was a bit confused here since like all the nq is called coral lol.
 Leviathan.Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2011-02-27 03:41:09
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

you mean for the head? was a bit confused here since like all the nq is called coral lol.

have a look at the coral scale set, and the darksteel set as well. you can recycle them on your rdm!
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-02-27 03:46:50
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

Yes, I meant the merman's cap in place of the Coral visor
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-27 03:47:39
Link | Citer | R

o.O i don't have war leveled and my rdm doesn't have enough space for more than 38% pdt or so (when i get a better dark ring, using 33 now).
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-02-27 03:52:17
Link | Citer | R

I was telling Skarwind for his WAR. Ah, I just remembered about a MDT Grip. vallus grip
 Leviathan.Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2011-02-27 03:52:52
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
o.O i don't have war leveled and my rdm doesn't have enough space for more than 38% pdt or so (when i get a better dark ring, using 33 now).

lol I'm sorry, I mixed you and the OP together in my brain... I blame the insomnia >.<

the point does stand for the OP though, it looks like he enjoys drg and rng. drg can use darksteel and coral scale, and rng can use coral scale.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-27 03:53:09
Link | Citer | R

too lazy to quote, that was @solanis, wasn't sure if i was being addressed
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-02-27 10:47:46
Link | Citer | R

I'd grab a Merman's Cap but they seem sort of rare at the moment. Also I feel bad for bugging my crafter lol.
By Raborn 2011-02-27 11:06:50
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said:

I lol'd so hard at this.
By Jacaut 2011-03-01 22:48:57
Link | Citer | R

okay i read whole post, and i just never saw an answer/statement. No Twilight's mail for WS? neither in or out of abyssea? im looking for more information outside of abyssea, i did dyna-xarc last night and was barely hitting 500 RR or SC.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-01 22:59:16
Link | Citer | R

You've got some pretty big problems if you were averaging below 500 in Xarc... nevermind the use of SC. Twilight Mail does have its place, but it's situational. If the 5 DEX over Zahak's doesn't up your critrate (ie dDEX capped) then Zahak's would be the better piece. Inside Abyssea, Zahak's or Grim as appropriate.
By Jacaut 2011-03-02 04:24:08
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
You've got some pretty big problems if you were averaging below 500 in Xarc... nevermind the use of SC

No ***hence im asking XD still getting this whole DD thing down and i was watching a WAR in full perle hit harder then i was =/ now abyssea i can pop off 3500 RR atleast
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-02 13:40:19
Link | Citer | R

Twilight mail is a good SC / KJ / FC body imo, although I'd rather use Ares for SC and Grim nq/hq for KJ / FC, unless of course your accuracy is suffering.

Imo, Twilight is 2nd to 3rd best for the above mentioned WSs and 3rd to 4th best for RR, with Adaman hauberk coming into play as 3rd place contender.
The reason Twilight's positioning varies is dependant on your buffs (Mostly Atmas wihin Abyssea and Berserk/restraint/Bloodrage up/down)

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
If the 5 DEX over Zahak's doesn't up your critrate (ie dDEX capped) then Zahak's would be the better piece. Inside Abyssea, Zahak's or Grim as appropriate.

Why is the 5 extra DEX from Twilight better than Zahak's +3% Crit stat? Does 5 DEX grant over 3% Crit rate?
 Asura.Isiolia
Serveur: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2011-03-02 15:51:56
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Why is the 5 extra DEX from Twilight better than Zahak's +3% Crit stat? Does 5 DEX grant over 3% Crit rate?

Depending on dDEX, it could.

In some (admittedly very specific) conditions, the 5 DEX could translate to 5% crit rate.
 Ragnarok.Neraya
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Neraya
By Ragnarok.Neraya 2011-03-03 03:41:59
Link | Citer | R

Well not inside abyssea with Cruor Buffs & RR Atma. But it could outside yes.
By Kyler 2011-03-17 04:35:45
Link | Citer | R

Zahaks vs grim+1. = 3 crit rate vs 6STR 32 attack
Perl vs grim+1 = 2 crit rate vs 8STR 24 attack

Zahaks wins by 3.742
Perle loses by .087

Something here just doesn't make sense 2STR and 1% crit vs 8attack

If it's really the crit hit rate doing it for the zahaks I would think even perle would be better at some point. What values were being used attack vs mobs defense? And if you are basically saying attack isn't as much a factor with berserk up red curry etc... Why isn't twilight in the mix? Someone even mentioned Ebody beating out perle still...
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-03-17 04:51:16
Link | Citer | R

if you scroll up like two posts, people do in fact mention twilight
 Alexander.Slaanesh
Serveur: Alexander
user: Slaanesh
By Alexander.Slaanesh 2011-04-04 05:18:03
Link | Citer | R

Hi guys got a question:
To achieve a 5hit with a 504 delay Gaxe; assuming 25stp in ws set I would need 52stp for the last 4 hits

By my maths I would need 50stp outside of abyssea or 43 inside?
Thinking 1 tp from second hit from Ukko in both cases and 2 tics of 2tp regain inside.

I typically only have haste + double march, no samba or SV'd songs. Is the 2 tics a good estimate or should I assume more?

My 25 in ws set is assuming I have to use a rose strap as I have yet to obtain a Tactical Mantle
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-04-04 07:53:54
Link | Citer | R

You said :
Alexander.Slaanesh said:
Hi guys got a question: To achieve a 5hit with a 504 delay Gaxe; assuming 25stp in ws set I would need 52stp for the last 4 hits By my maths I would need 50stp outside of abyssea or 43 inside? Thinking 1 tp from second hit from Ukko in both cases and 2 tics of 2tp regain inside. I typically only have haste + double march, no samba or SV'd songs. Is the 2 tics a good estimate or should I assume more? My 25 in ws set is assuming I have to use a rose strap as I have yet to obtain a Tactical Mantle

I read:
Alexander.Slaanesh said:

Edit: Srsly though, I'm at work and i am no good at calculating STP without ffxicalc. sorry ><
 Alexander.Slaanesh
Serveur: Alexander
user: Slaanesh
By Alexander.Slaanesh 2011-04-04 09:00:31
Link | Citer | R

Just trying to work out what gear to use now that I got the +2 body, figured 5 hit should be possible at this point with minor tweaking
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-04 19:33:55
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Slaanesh said:
Just trying to work out what gear to use now that I got the +2 body, figured 5 hit should be possible at this point with minor tweaking

With a 504 delay weapon you gain 13.7 TP per hit VS the 13.0 you gain from a 482 delay weapon such as Ukon and Atlas.
That means you have a far greater margin to attain a low X-Hit build and can swap different types of armor slots, depending on what you have available, what you can afford to buy and what you can go get from a NM.

If you post your current TP and WS sets it will be much easier for peple who know the math here to help you out.
The first question I felt like asking is whether or not you have Haste cap and how you achieve it, because there are a few fundamental pieces (mostly goading belt and zelus tiara) which help immensely on both Haste and X-Hit builds.
By Slaanesh 2011-04-05 01:37:18
Link | Citer | R

For TP I was using:

Other than that Gear I got the body +2, White Talthum, Rose grip.
Will be +2ing my feet sometime soon
[+]