TP/WS Am I Doing It Wrong ?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » TP/WS am i doing it wrong ?
TP/WS am i doing it wrong ?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-23 08:35:32
Link | Citer | R

How is zahak crap when you have capped acc allready, and probably capped attack with zerk on.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-02-23 09:06:33
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind said:
Zahak's is trash, you have to remember this a multi hit ws so you want all str dex acc as possible

*** DERP!

Caitsith.Ejin said:
General numbers for inside abyssea. You can tweak def and attack, but it generally comes out with the same results.

VV/RR/AoA, Red Curry Bun, 208STR, Berserk Up: 972 Attack, Berserk Down: 808 Attack, Maschu +2.

Raging Rush:
Berserk Up: Zahak's:684.265, Hachiryu:682.459, Grim +1:680.523, Perle:680.436.
Berserk Down: Grim +1:640.656, Grim:638.450, Hachiryu:634.419, Zahak's:631.930, Perle:630.293.

Ukko's Fury:
Berserk Up: Zahak's:781.274, Hachiryu:779.110, Grim +1:777.202, Perle:776.813
Berserk Down: Grim +1:725.334, Grim:722.958, Hachiryu:715.246, Zahak's:712.217, Perle:710.546.

Big thanks to Motenten for awesome spread sheet, which is where these numbers are coming from.

Just saying :)
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Serveur: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-02-23 09:09:02
Link | Citer | R

Zahak is the best RR / UF body for Berserk up.

When using Bloodrage and while Berserk is down you can switch to a higher STR and Attack body such as Grim or Ares.

Don't be afraid of losing some DEX or ACC from your build.

Edit: Beat to it but nice spreadsheet hehe
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-02-23 09:14:01
Link | Citer | R

In Abyssea (where we always assume dDEX is capped and crit hits are more valuable thanks to RR), Zahak's is our best WS body.

Outside, Twilight mail may end up being our best body some day because it helps us cap dDEX and can give up to 2% Critical hit rate over Zahak's with an additional 5 STR to boot. We're a little DEX light in our ideal WS gear these days.
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
Serveur: Titan
user: MiavPigen
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2011-02-23 11:48:52
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Vivicide said:

Just by swapping out the sword strap you could easily gain DA from not only the grip but also ravager's gorget and ravager's earring on top of pole grip. So you aren't supposed to check the delay -3% against the 2% DA, but recheck it against 5% DA and you'd come to a number more like 1050 against 1031. The choice at that point is pretty clear.

Not to rain on your parade, I'm just pointing out that yes piece per piece the sword strap is better for damage. But it possibly closes off other gear slots.

edit: Also you can swap the ecphoria for a blitz. so it would be -3% delay against 1% haste and 5% DA.

no raining this is usable feedback. its important to open eyes for combinations you (I) might not have considered.

ima check the DA efficiency and see if it is better this way ty
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2011-02-23 16:20:31
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Neisan said:
Now imagine how much better you'd do without using bad grip/Head/Neck/Body/Hands/Legs/Feet Armor (7/8 out of 14 wrong is pretty bad seriously). You do realize Ukko's has a 60% Str Mod and crits, right? even Grim Cuirass is better than Heca, if you're having accuracy problems I feel bad for you son. Btw it's a 2 hit WS and first hit is capped Accuracy. and dex after dDEX is capped does nothing for it so idk what you're talking about there. Even if you were outside abyssea Zahak's is still going to beat Heca body by virtue of dDEX, stop trying to defend it.

Fine ill test it out, if i dont see any noticeable difference ill stay with what i got
 Asura.Solara
Serveur: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-02-23 17:11:27
Link | Citer | R

I can't win this argument, so I'm gonna eyeball things and keep thinking I'm right.

Interesting, tell me more.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mankey
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2011-02-23 17:29:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Solara said:

I can't win this argument, so I'm gonna eyeball things and keep thinking I'm right.

Interesting, tell me more.
Solara you better watch out, he may SS 4 out of 100 WS's that Crit/DA and prove you wrong.
[+]
By Leonlionheart 2011-02-23 17:38:19
Link | Citer | R

Evasion+1, WS Damage+2% on the pants.

RR/VV/Apoc

This is my WS set. I know Zahak's, strigoi ring/7str ring, str earring probably beats out ravager's earring, elemental gorget/belt, maybe str back instead of atheling?

My question is why no one has mentioned twilight body yet? Is 3% Crit Rate > 5STR 5DEX for raging rush? Ukko's? And twilight helm would be better than af3+1/2 for ws? 11~13 more attack and 2~3 more str is kinda a lot better since vit is next to useless?

And for legs. I have the +8str panties lying around somewhere but refuse to use them. Comparitively: Accuracy-10, STR+8 versus STR+3, Attack+3, WS Damage+2%. Which is better?
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2011-02-23 18:04:37
Link | Citer | R

I never said i was disagreeing
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-23 18:06:23
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Zahak's is trash, you have to remember this a multi hit ws so you want all str dex acc as possible

*** DERP!

Caitsith.Ejin said:
General numbers for inside abyssea. You can tweak def and attack, but it generally comes out with the same results.

VV/RR/AoA, Red Curry Bun, 208STR, Berserk Up: 972 Attack, Berserk Down: 808 Attack, Maschu +2.

Raging Rush:
Berserk Up: Zahak's:684.265, Hachiryu:682.459, Grim +1:680.523, Perle:680.436.
Berserk Down: Grim +1:640.656, Grim:638.450, Hachiryu:634.419, Zahak's:631.930, Perle:630.293.

Ukko's Fury:
Berserk Up: Zahak's:781.274, Hachiryu:779.110, Grim +1:777.202, Perle:776.813
Berserk Down: Grim +1:725.334, Grim:722.958, Hachiryu:715.246, Zahak's:712.217, Perle:710.546.

Big thanks to Motenten for awesome spread sheet, which is where these numbers are coming from.

Just saying :)

Where do these numbers come from? Is there a calculator for that?
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-02-23 18:22:42
Link | Citer | R

It's a spreadsheet, not a calculator, but it accomplishes the same thing.

War Calc XML

All credit goes to Motenten/Kinematic.

Also has them for several other jobs, all of them are available at: http://bellsouthpwp2.net/k/i/kinematicf/FFXI/DPSSpreadsheets/
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-02-23 18:37:15
Link | Citer | R

Leonlionheart said:

Evasion+1, WS Damage+2% on the pants.

RR/VV/Apoc

This is my WS set. I know Zahak's, strigoi ring/7str ring, str earring probably beats out ravager's earring, elemental gorget/belt, maybe str back instead of atheling?

Cavaros should win with Berserk up, and Atheling with Berserk down.

Quote:
My question is why no one has mentioned twilight body yet? Is 3% Crit Rate > 5STR 5DEX for raging rush? Ukko's? And twilight helm would be better than af3+1/2 for ws? 11~13 more attack and 2~3 more str is kinda a lot better since vit is next to useless?

With your atmas, in Abyssea you're almost always capped on dDex and fStr, so you have very little to gain from extra str/dex, while the crit dmg%+ makes 3% crit rate very attractive.

In Abyssea Zahak's wins consistently against Twilight, Twilight will be better outside on non fodder mobs in most cases since you won't be capping dDex as easily. Edit: Ravager's +2 should always win for head slot, the attack and str don't compete with 4% da and 3% crit. To put it differently, you wouldn't use an Axe Grip over a Pole grip.

Quote:
And for legs. I have the +8str panties lying around somewhere but refuse to use them. Comparitively: Accuracy-10, STR+8 versus STR+3, Attack+3, WS Damage+2%. Which is better?

Ravager's +2 will beat both in terms of average DPS.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-02-23 18:44:33
Link | Citer | R

RR + calligae+2 + Critical Attack Bonus II is 48% Crit hit damage, Cavaros should lose with Zerk up last I checked. or it was pretty close.
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-02-23 18:55:10
Link | Citer | R

RR + calligae+2 + Critical Attack Bonus II is 48% Crit hit damage, Cavaros should lose with Zerk up last I checked. or it was pretty close.

It's pretty close. I plugged them in a generic set using RR/+2 for Berserk up to double check and it was:

Cavaros: 3480
Atheling: 3462

If I remember, I'll double check it using my personal sheet when I get home.
By Leonlionheart 2011-02-23 18:56:03
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm. So then there's an aug of Crit Rate+3% on legs, that would beat anything and everything?
 Alexander.Vivicide
Serveur: Alexander
user: Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2011-02-23 19:05:34
Link | Citer | R

The only thing Zahak's doesn't have of what you mentioned was acc which is a non-issue. As your acc should easily be capped. Dex is also not an issue because you should be using Razed Ruins.

A little more tact goes a long way when trying to state your thoughts on what gear is better. You however took the stupid approach and made yourself look stupid in the process.
[+]
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-02-23 19:09:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Solara said:
It's pretty close. I plugged them in a generic set using RR/+2 for Berserk up to double check and it was: Cavaros: 3480 Atheling: 3462 If I remember, I'll double check it using my personal sheet when I get home.
If you're just using his unmodified raw sheet, it's only using crit bonus I for 5% I think. 8% seems to make atheling win in pretty much all situations.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-02-23 19:17:41
Link | Citer | R

Yea, I had to find the crit hit damage and change it manually (thought he updated it). for RR it was close with Zerk up using +2 Feet, for Ukko's atheling was clearly in the lead.

Leonlionheart said:
Hmmm. So then there's an aug of Crit Rate+3% on legs, that would beat anything and everything?

Crit+3 WS Dmg+2 Bellicus (best augments I've heard of) was tying +2 legs last I checked inside. Outside you're probably better off with Byakko's for dDEX.
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2011-02-23 21:16:51
Link | Citer | R

yeah just test out with Zahaks, af3 +2 legs and feet, and im hitting around 3k couldnt break 5k at all, switched up legs to ares legs kept feet on and now my ws is the same as it was with my old setup, dont know where your getting these over 6k ws with Ukko's but it aint doing it with that gear setup you suggested.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-02-23 21:23:16
Link | Citer | R

Mob/food/number of ukko's used? Atmas/buffs/you do realize you can still not crit right? Also parser, get one.
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2011-02-23 21:27:47
Link | Citer | R

i do have parser, and i was going for 30mins with that setup with no results
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-02-23 22:28:40
Link | Citer | R

Dunno what it is without more information, unless your accuracy became uncapped Heca Harness will never beat Z Mail, Same thing with AF3+2 hands Versus Heafoc. Ares being close was something I theorized but never checked since I never bothered with Salvage. Heca Feet losing to Af3+2 is a given. Can't say it'll always be over 6k but using Grim when Berserk down/Z Mail Zerk up should have upped your average damage with Ukko's. +2 MAsk will obviously help too, and a better ring than Spiral.
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2011-02-24 00:32:09
Link | Citer | R

ill get +2 head sometime this week working on my body +2, 3 more to go, i dont like the heafoc mit because of the minus four dex and minus eight accuracy.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-02-24 00:59:41
Link | Citer | R

Once again if you have Razed the negative stats don't matter unless you're somehow hurting badly for accuracy. Even with the -dex on them you're still capped on dDEX on virtually everything inside Abyssea.
By Ashaaman 2011-02-25 06:07:27
Link | Citer | R

I read through the thread, but I didn't see anything about it... For Raging Rush, is Snow(or w/e the other element is) Belt/Gorget preferred over the various alternatives?
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-02-25 07:20:29
Link | Citer | R

Inside Abyssea yes to Gorget easily (for waist Beir+1 was pretty decent in high attack sitautions but those don't exist on my server...), outside you might want to keep Warwolf for dDEX.
 Valefor.Ryukuro
Serveur: Valefor
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2011-02-27 01:53:48
Link | Citer | R

Ok, few quick questions on Raging Rush.

Twilight Helm or Ravagers Mask+1?
Perle Hauberk or Zahaks?
Heafoc's or Hecatomb Mittens?
Byakkos Haidate or Ravager's Cussies+1?
and what for feet be best? I only have +1 feet and perle to choose from at the moment.

cheers guys
 Odin.Sheelay
Serveur: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-02-27 01:58:54
Link | Citer | R

Twilight until Mask+2, Zahak's, Heafoc (at least in Aby), Cuisses (in Aby, might prefer BH outside), perle until feet+2.