"The Taste Of Multiculturalism"

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » "The taste of multiculturalism"
"The taste of multiculturalism"
First Page 2
 Fenrir.Mankey
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Mankey 2011-02-11 16:12:25
Link | Citer | R

I Feel bad for the people across the way :(
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-11 16:30:14
Link | Citer | R

Ew, Pat Condell.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2011-02-11 17:10:49
Link | Citer | R

Who is that douche on the youtube video?
As far as i could personally tell noone gave a ***about Islam until "everyone" started assuming they all were terrorists post sept 11. His entire argument sounds to me more like he's actually afraid of Alla-Akbar-Hussein attacking him with a bomb if he doesn't treat the guy nicely than actually being overly concerned about Mr, Akbar's cultural rights.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-11 17:14:24
Link | Citer | R

I agree 100% the amount we have to censor ourselves due to muslim minorities is astoundingly bad.

Just the other day someone was trying to use Dinar's to buy a cell phone from my dad, and called him racist and small minded when he wouldn't accept it.

You're in Britain, GREAT BRITISH POUND.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lolserj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Andras
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-02-11 18:16:23
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I agree 100% the amount we have to censor ourselves due to muslim minorities is astoundingly bad.

Just the other day someone was trying to use Dinar's to buy a cell phone from my dad, and called him racist and small minded when he wouldn't accept it.

i hate stuff like this

it feels the same to me when someone goes to a country and refuses to learn the language

so we need to print signs in their native language so they pretty much don't need to learn ours

*** hate that sort of ***
[+]
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-02-11 18:18:09
Link | Citer | R

Que es esto?
[+]
 Bahamut.Lolserj
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-02-11 18:19:34
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Angeleus said:
Que es esto?

it's more polish than spanish that pisses me off

i live in an area with a lot of polish people

you wouldn't believe how many of them don't know any english
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-02-11 18:37:47
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Lolserj said:
Bismarck.Angeleus said:
Que es esto?

I get a spanish speaking individual calling in every once in a while that always ask if we have spanish speaking tech support and gets all pissed about it when we say that we don't(this is like a small local ISP), and it's in like *** northern wisconsin....kinda ridiculous if you ask me.

that's like me moving to mexico and going into the deepest reaches and trying to ask for stuff and expecting them to all speak english...I wouldn't expect that being my point, nor should I lol.
[+]
Serveur: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-02-11 18:38:25
Link | Citer | R

Can anyone well informed tell me how much of this video is true? and how much was exaggeration?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-02-11 18:39:24
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Can anyone well informed tell me how much of this video is true? and how much was exaggeration?
I'd tell ya but I can't watch the video.
Since it's Pat Condell....ehhhhhhhh
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-02-11 18:45:17
Link | Citer | R

While he's kinda extreme I'd say he has a point with some of it. In Sweden it's not such a big deal though, we have a lot of Muslims and most are easy-going about that stuff.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lolserj
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-02-11 18:54:38
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:
Bismarck.Angeleus said:
Que es esto?

I get a spanish speaking individual calling in every once in a while that always ask if we have spanish speaking tech support and gets all pissed about it when we say that we don't(this is like a small local ISP), and it's in like *** northern wisconsin....kinda ridiculous if you ask me.

that's like me moving to mexico and going into the deepest reaches and trying to ask for stuff and expecting them to all speak english...I wouldn't expect that being my point, nor should I lol.

i know someone who has lived in america for about 6 years and he doesnt know a word of english

he pisses me off lol
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-02-11 18:56:08
Link | Citer | R

I hate when polish people think I speak polish.. Ugh I hate being a European Mutt.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-11 19:00:18
Link | Citer | R

It's pretty much true around the bigger cities in the UK. in the smaller places non Caucasian folk are still the minority.
 Bahamut.Lolserj
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-02-11 19:01:21
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
I hate when polish people think I speak polish.. Ugh I hate being a European Mutt.

this guy i know

he thinks everyone speaks polish

even people who don't look polish at all
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-02-11 19:02:16
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
While he's kinda extreme I'd say he has a point with some of it. In Sweden it's not such a big deal though, we have a lot of Muslims and most are easy-going about that stuff.
Same.
I think a lot of it is just sensationalizing to an extent. Problems like whatever is mentioned here probably occurs with many nationalities that speak different languages I'd imagine....but I guess UK is to Muslims as US is to Mexicans or something I'm thinking.

Shiva.Flionheart said:

It's pretty much true around the bigger cities in the UK. in the smaller places non Caucasian folk are still the minority.
knew it.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2011-02-11 19:08:04
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:
Bismarck.Angeleus said:
Que es esto?

You live in Wisconsin?!

Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-02-11 19:26:42
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:
Bismarck.Angeleus said:
Que es esto?

You live in Wisconsin?!

nope.
I work for a group that supports many different ISP, one being in Wisconsin.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2011-02-12 06:02:38
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:
Bismarck.Angeleus said:
Que es esto?

You live in Wisconsin?!

nope.
I work for a group that supports many different ISP, one being in Wisconsin.
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-12 06:16:47
Link | Citer | R

If all that stuff about the Halal is true, then that's majorly *** up. I knew that Halal meant that the animal had to be killed in a certain way, didn't know it meant in a bad way though. I'm certainly not a PETA supporter or anything like that (my flat-mate is pissed off with me for killing a couple pidgeons that were nesting on our roof), but making any animal suffer unnecessarily is a big no no in my book.
 Ramuh.Reeve
user: Reeve
By Ramuh.Reeve 2011-02-12 06:38:52
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Lolserj said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

i hate stuff like this

it feels the same to me when someone goes to a country and refuses to learn the language

so we need to print signs in their native language so they pretty much don't need to learn ours

*** hate that sort of ***
I know, My youngest brother is trying to find work in London. He got an interview for some warehouse work at an Asda depot but was told even before he met the interviewer that if he didn't speak either some Polish or Romanian he would find it difficult to communicate. Should be the other way around, I hate it too.
 Bismarck.Helixx
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2011-02-12 06:58:09
Link | Citer | R

Halal means yo face the animal towards mekka, and a muslim preacher performs a prayer. Than the animal's throat is cut open leaving the animal to bleed to death. No painkillers, no fast death, very painfull.
 Quetzalcoatl.Soube
user: Soube
By Quetzalcoatl.Soube 2011-02-12 07:52:03
Link | Citer | R

A couple of things. One, Mecca* or Makkah*. And two, Halal is to Muslims what kosher (Kashrut) is to Jews. Halal is simply put, anything permissible or allowable under Islamic law (food included). The actual ritual of slaughter is called Dhabiha.

But I actually agree that people have become WAY too sensitive about what might or might not offend everyone else.
 Asura.Calatilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2011-02-12 08:03:26
Link | Citer | R

I actually hate the multi-cultural UK at the moment, mostly because we have to bend over backwards, make new laws etc to accommodate the minority.

Why should we? I'm not the one that moved to a foreign country, why should I have to accommodate you.

Adapt to the country you moved to, don't try and make into the one you moved from.
[+]
 Phoenix.Huginn
Guildwork Premium
Serveur: Phoenix
user: skitz
By Phoenix.Huginn 2011-02-12 08:47:00
Link | Citer | R

stop being so insensitive. i am sure that when i go to mecca, the muslims will surely let me in so that i can see the big black obelisk with the charred rock in it. later i am sure that they will serve me a baconator from wendy's, because they believe in multiculturalism too.

Later, we will have a big gay pride and women's rights parade through the streets of Damascus on St. Patrick's day while we all drink green beer and whiskey.

You see, in the Muslim World of the middle east, they treat us with the same respect and cultural freedoms that we afford them in the west. Stop listening to faux news and wake up, those who come to another country and refuse to accept the culture, borders and language of their adoptive country are in no way a threat to it; especially when many of their core values revolve around teachings that say it is ok to lie in order to achieve your religious/cultural goals and that insidious takeover is the best method.

you racists!
[+]
 Sylph.Disquoveri
Serveur: Sylph
user: Daimos
By Sylph.Disquoveri 2011-02-12 08:55:01
Link | Citer | R

Nothing is worse than the people who can speak english, just choose to butcher the f*ck out of it.

Edit: owait, sorry England...
 Cerberus.Starr
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-02-12 09:10:37
Link | Citer | R

tl;dr *** OFF ISLAM
[+]
 Lakshmi.Snuffy
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Snuffy 2011-02-12 09:54:51
Link | Citer | R

White people got a problem with minorities? *** more, make more babies. Right and wrong don't matter, birth rates do.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2011-02-12 11:51:00
Link | Citer | R

OH NO! Muslims are infiltrating our countries, demanding that we cow-tow to bronze-age superstitions, and even COINING PHRASES and manipulating our very language to their benefit!

I feel threatened! And angry!

SOMEONE HOLD ME.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-12 12:41:37
Link | Citer | R

[+]
First Page 2