"The Taste Of Multiculturalism"

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » "The taste of multiculturalism"
"The taste of multiculturalism"
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-02-12 12:58:02
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Blazza said:
If all that stuff about the Halal is true, then that's majorly *** up. I knew that Halal meant that the animal had to be killed in a certain way, didn't know it meant in a bad way though. I'm certainly not a PETA supporter or anything like that (my flat-mate is pissed off with me for killing a couple pidgeons that were nesting on our roof), but making any animal suffer unnecessarily is a big no no in my book.

It's not. His "halal slaughter" is wrong. Muslims cut the neck vessel of whatever it is in quick motion and say Allohhu Akbar (no idea what it means). The blood is drained before the meat is cooked. That's the only difference. He's making it sound like a long torturous death, which is quite untrue.

All the Muslims I know here are extremely cool, none of them try forcing their beliefs on anyone etc. The guy in the video is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-12 12:59:42
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Blazza said:
If all that stuff about the Halal is true, then that's majorly *** up. I knew that Halal meant that the animal had to be killed in a certain way, didn't know it meant in a bad way though. I'm certainly not a PETA supporter or anything like that (my flat-mate is pissed off with me for killing a couple pidgeons that were nesting on our roof), but making any animal suffer unnecessarily is a big no no in my book.

Actually, in the UK the animal is stunned first. I think all muslims in western countries do that.

"The supermarkets and fast-food outlets said they did not feel the need to tell customers that meat is halal because the slaughter conformed to Western standards, with animals stunned before being killed."

source

So as per normal Pat Condell fails to read his own sources and fails to provide all the facts as a cover for his xenophobia.
 Cerberus.Rictor
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Spoon
By Cerberus.Rictor 2011-02-12 13:02:54
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
It's not. His "halal slaughter" is wrong. Muslims cut the neck vessel of whatever it is in quick motion and say Allohhu Akbar (no idea what it means). The blood is drained before the meat is cooked. That's the only difference. He's making it sound like a long torturous death, which is quite untrue. All the Muslims I know here are extremely cool, none of them try forcing their beliefs on anyone etc. The guy in the video is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

It means "God is good/great" iirc.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-12 13:05:34
Link | Citer | R

It's all explained and the article that Pat Lolololndell posted on his own video is quoted to a T as saying that they DO stun the animals before they kill them to be in line with Western slaughter methods. Pat is a *** idiot, that's all that really has to be said. Let people have their beliefs, if saying a prayer before killing a cow is really that important to them, who gives a ***?
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-12 16:56:16
Link | Citer | R

Wow.
The guy in that OP video is just a big pile of douche.

I wonder why so many Western grey-haired white guys are afraid of the Islamic culture.

I think it's because they grew up in a culture where they were taught to hate black people, and after the civil rights movement, they were taught to then hate communists.

Now that the Cold War is over, too, I guess Western grey-haired white guys just can't live without some ethnic/political group to appease their hatred.

Sad, really.
This is why organized religion sucks. Because it's just one more way that humans draw artificial lines in the sand so that they can have someone to hate for no real reason.

The guy in that OP video gives the impression that he honestly believes multi-culturalism and tolerance are "one-way streets" and that everyday Muslims are out to ruin his life. Some people just don't have all the lights on upstairs ...
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-12 22:40:05
Link | Citer | R

Well, if the OP video was true, then all his complaints were completely valid. But since it turns out he's just making ***up, I guess he's just a doddering old racist.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2011-02-13 08:28:52
Link | Citer | R

All I know is, if I'm going to rant about my paranoid fantasies, wherein brown people try to take over my food supply as part of 'Stealth Jihad', and supermarkets actively cover it up...I'm damn sure going to poke my nose into their eating habits at the same time and tell them how they're DOIN IT WRONG, YO.

It's not enough to be persecuted: I have to be superior at the same time.

BRB eating my fast food chicken, which wasn't raised in a 9-square-inch steel cage and had its beak cut off before it died. I'm also going to take a break from making Islam videos to focus on animal rights, which is something I care deeply about.
 Fenrir.Snick
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2011-02-13 11:57:08
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Some people just don't have all the lights on upstairs ...
I know, right?
 Asura.Matzilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-02-13 12:01:34
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Snick said:
Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Some people just don't have all the lights on upstairs ...
I know, right?

lol'd