Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22566 22567 22568 ... 22574 22575 22576
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-04-16 09:25:49
Link | Citer | R

There's a small part of me that's curious how my seven-and-a-half year old PC would handle the benchmark and compare to your guys' computers. But then on the other hand I don't want to download it and benchmarking Dawntrail would ultimately be a waste of time.

Last year I fed my PC specs to a web site to see how well it would run Armored Core VI, and it told me I didn't even meet the minimum. But then I tried the game out anyway, and I was at 120 Hz (with no drops) at max settings. So who even knows XD
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-04-16 09:42:28
Link | Citer | R

what is this rain WTF THERE IS A REFLECTION TO MY HOUSE CANT EVEN TAKE PICS ALL I SEE IS THUNDER THUNDER AND RAIN DROPS OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG and the sound of HAILSTORM
By kishr 2024-04-16 09:51:00
Link | Citer | R

proth, in the settings, turn gamma to zero.
looks better.
removes the washed gray, looks more like reshade.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-04-16 09:52:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Thunderjet said: »
what is this rain WTF THERE IS A REFLECTION TO MY HOUSE CANT EVEN TAKE PICS ALL I SEE IS THUNDER THUNDER AND RAIN DROPS OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG and the sound of HAILSTORM
Take a nap!
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-04-16 09:57:01
Link | Citer | R

ALL I SEE IS THUNDER THUNDER

Well, if all you see were earth, you would be Earthjet
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-04-16 10:19:34
Link | Citer | R

Kinda SUS when taking blood exam, the receptionist leave the balcoby to take the sample himself.

Well, yhe seringe being disposable is all that matter anyway.

I think
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-16 10:21:08
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I didn't bother trying at 1080/1440, maybe I should to check what kind of epeen numbers I can hit.

With the 7900XTX your main problem is that you're comparing against DLSS; FSR simply isn't close to as good and probably never will be.

Alright, ran them. 3 XI windows running in the back but shouldn't affect things much on this CPU since I have them assigned to the frequency CCD rather than VCache.

1080p

(But I'm going to turn on OC profiles and try again anyway :P)
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-04-16 10:48:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »
I didn't bother trying at 1080/1440, maybe I should to check what kind of epeen numbers I can hit.

With the 7900XTX your main problem is that you're comparing against DLSS; FSR simply isn't close to as good and probably never will be.

Alright, ran them. 3 XI windows running in the back but shouldn't affect things much on this CPU since I have them assigned to the frequency CCD rather than VCache.

1080p

(But I'm going to turn on OC profiles and try again anyway :P)

I can never beat P8s FInal phase it made quit the game too much energy for my brain man every time they keep making the end game harder
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-04-16 10:53:31
Link | Citer | R

Yea 7900xtx is a nice card but man nvidia got the tech down pact. Really wish we had a dlss variant but fsr is just so muddy.

Ill try 1080p when home but I don't expect much.
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-16 11:40:27
Link | Citer | R

I can never beat P8s FInal phase it made quit the game too much energy for my brain man every time they keep making the end game harder

Never made it passed A3S, shitters just couldn't consistently handle Phoinix mechs and I was tired of beating my head against the wall.

The defacto savage leaders for most of the statics I was in when I raided would never; A. Hold people accountable or B. Kick dead weight.

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Yea 7900xtx is a nice card but man nvidia got the tech down pact. Really wish we had a dlss variant but fsr is just so muddy.

For price/performance, the XTX is benching at 80% of the 4090 at nearly half the cost, that's hard to argue with.

Proth's X3D chipset is definitely showing the power of that double L2/L3 cache vs Intel. I'll be surprised if I can even get close to 40k, even with OC.

I did notice during the benchmark it looks like the CPU freq is throttled to 3.0Ghz? Is that something you can change in the benchmark settings? I didn't see it if so.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-16 13:58:31
Link | Citer | R

I had to leave my raid group after we beat P8S. It was run by Ina who used to post here. I had to leave cause my job hours did not mesh well with static hours.

It was a shame, because while we certainly were not week 1 clearing, we were getting it done eventually. Was a little bit irritating though, Ina had gotten into some Ultimate statics during patch lull in late Stormblood / early SHB, so he was showing up to lead having already week 1 cleared, and I could tell our lack of progress was wearing on him a bit. We became a charity static, it sort of felt like. Especially when he started giving up raid days to either give himself a break or to do more Ultimate prog. Real issue there is that even with me or anyone willing to step up to do calls or lead, nobody in the static wanted anyone but Ina to do it, so we just put all prog on hold until we could get Ina again.

But since I was falling out of love with XIV anyway, along with having less time to play in general, it hasn't driven me up the wall or anything.

This is the first expansion for XIV where I wasn't playing the game a crazy high amount across 2 to 3 servers/characters.

In past expansions I had done multiple raid statics, as well as raiding on alts in PUGs super late at night. That time goes to FFXI now and for the past few years here.

It's kind of the funny the difference between XI and XIV for me over the years.

When I got into FFXI I loved it immediately, even with its brutal difficulty. I only stopped because I lost my friend groups and LSes.

I picked up XIV cause of friends from this site, and it took me a while to like it, but once I finally did I was deep dicking it from sun up til sun down. But it has declined in quality in every way I find valuable, so now I'm seriously considering quitting it forever without looking back, something I never considered for XI.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-04-16 14:27:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »
But it has declined in quality in every way I find valuable, so now I'm seriously considering quitting it forever without looking back, something I never considered for XI.
It's strange. Even when I took a 10-year break from XI, I always figured I'd come back eventually. Every time they had the free login campaign, I'd hop on and say hi.

Funny that the thing that drove me to return to FFXI was an attempt to prove to myself that it wasn't as good as I remembered, only for the game to be in an even better state than when I left it.

FFXI is far from a perfect game, but it has a balance of exciting high moments and chill, zen downtime in just the right pacing for me. I can always find something to do when I log in. Or even if I don't want to, just sitting back and chatting with the LS or a friend is always such a good time. Browse the AH, clean up my inventory, plan out some key things to work towards, maybe drop into Campaign for a few matches...
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-04-16 14:45:30
Link | Citer | R

friends from this site
THE BEST FRIENDS!
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-16 15:39:05
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Negan said: »
friends from this site
THE BEST FRIENDS!
Yeah, I miss Kalila and Drac and co and stuff.
By Draylo 2024-04-16 16:47:35
Link | Citer | R

Just got the second set of ff7 poly figuras. Some reason they didn't include Vincent or Elena

[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-16 16:48:44
Link | Citer | R

Draylo gonna need a separate room for all his minis eventually. Then someday a manse.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-04-16 17:52:58
Link | Citer | R

Draylo gonna need a separate room for all his minis eventually. Then someday a manse.
I know someone like that. Their entire basement is full of statues from various Anime and video games, and they have an entire room dedicated to just Star Wars. Literally whole armies - thousands of troops. Miniatures, scale models, mint-in-box figures, posters, you name it.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2024-04-16 18:51:39
Link | Citer | R

1080p
I tried running the benchmark and it crashes. Then again my PC is ANCIENT by today's standards.

I wonder if it will still play on the steamdeck...
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-04-16 18:58:12
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »

[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-16 19:07:18
Link | Citer | R

Look at how disappointed Roe Astro is. She's almost as disappointed as I am in EW.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2024-04-16 19:09:00
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »

womp womp

could lower the settings though, don't need it on "high"
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-04-16 19:48:45
Link | Citer | R

Played around with the new version of marty's RTGI plugin, loving the results.

Left = off, right = on

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/766208108346474527/1229711823536914492/2024-04-16_04-35-16.mkv?ex=6630ad61&is=661e3861&hm=17f52eedbfc01da69a4834efd04d0b31e3262df3cfc4216a6a097cab78046cbd&;

Turning the non-diffuse (Specular) reflections (the very noisy ones on the ground) off for gameplay but they might be nice for some screenshots. Unlike the old version, this one removes the ambient light from the scene and replaces it entirely with light from light sources via path tracing. Makes everything look much more natural. Can adjust that but I like the darker natural light more than the lightbox effect that XIV normally has. It does have some drawbacks though, not everything is self emissive: like some ground fire AoEs etc are unnaturally dark because they don't emit any light. Will have to redo it for Dawntrail since they're supposedly adding additional light sources but yeah. On OLED at least it looks great without any need to adjust contrast.
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-16 20:17:56
Link | Citer | R

Spent a few hours messing with CPU/GPU OC settings (crashed/BSOD'd at least 20x today) and this was the best I could pull stable, kinda disappointing tbh:

Matched all your same settings Proth, crazy to me your CPU pulls you ahead so much.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-04-16 20:26:47
Link | Citer | R

XIV loves vcache. Also the 7950X3D is a bit special too, I use Project Lasso to assign all games to the cache CCD (besides XI) and everything else set to prefer the frequency CCD. Means that, generally, background apps don't affect game performance
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-16 21:07:34
Link | Citer | R

I feel like a dumb peon when y'all start talkin' tech.
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-16 21:31:46
Link | Citer | R

I know just enough to not completely brick my rig.

If you're a PC hardware enthusiast, or just like learning about new tech, GamersNexus and JayzTwoCents are probably some of the easier channels to get into on YT. LTT is pretty standard in that space too, but I like Tech Jesus best.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-16 21:38:41
Link | Citer | R

The "first" blockchain handheld console
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-16 21:43:01
Link | Citer | R

I use Project Lasso to assign all games to the cache CCD

Never heard of this; gonna look into it.

My current parts list is here.

I did take off the stock CPU contact frame and installed a Thermalright. Apparently, 12 and 13th gen Intel CPUs were reported to be warping with heat, so these contact frames hold the CPU down flush and give more surface area to prevent that, and helps with heat dissipation. People were reporting significant drop in CPU temps.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-04-16 21:59:08
Link | Citer | R

I use Project Lasso to assign all games to the cache CCD

Never heard of this; gonna look into it.

My current parts list is here.

I did take off the stock CPU contact frame and installed a Thermalright. Apparently, 12 and 13th gen Intel CPUs were reported to be warping with heat, so these contact frames hold the CPU down flush and give more surface area to prevent that, and helps with heat dissipation. People were reporting significant drop in CPU temps.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/c3j2wg

Mine. Custom water loop so can't put the cooling in there. I didn't pay this much for some of the parts so total cost w/ the water blocks, fittings, etc. prolly around 8k minus peripherals
[+]
By Jetackuu 2024-04-16 22:06:53
Link | Citer | R

LTT
is a moron
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22566 22567 22568 ... 22574 22575 22576