Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22546 22547 22548 ... 22590 22591 22592
 Asura.Iamaman
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-03-18 21:58:17
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
I doubt they would side with me because I placed this order over 5 months ago

You can open disputes within 180 days IIRC and PayPal will, at least in my experience, almost always side with the buyer. Just make a detailed case.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-18 22:45:34
Link | Citer | R

Using PayPal address is not unusual since PayPal coverage works best when they have all the information in their own system. If you pay via PayPal invoice that's just how it works.

That said I find it very hard to believe that this seller didn't have insurance on a $1000 sale. He's either trying to con you and double his money or he's the stupidest merchant alive.
By Draylo 2024-03-18 22:49:44
Link | Citer | R

If I go thru PayPal to get my money back, the problem is he will close my account with a lot of pre orders I also don't know if they will side with me because the address on paypal is my old one like he says. He says he would return the pre order money but then the only chance to repurchase them will be thru scalpers and I would probably lose more than I would have paid anyway. Just puts me in a bad situation and his attitude makes it even worse. I just don't get how if a package is refused it gets sent to nowhere and lost, like it's not like they left it in the middle of the street.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-18 22:57:46
Link | Citer | R

This is why I tend to avoid PayPal for big or risky transactions. In this case you'd be protected by bank or credit card charge back practically guaranteed since you didn't receive the items you paid for (preordred). Anyway I don't know why you'd have any inclination to continue doing business with this guy to begin with. At best he's lying at worst he's trying to make 1 grand+ off of you and burn the bridge.
By Viciouss 2024-03-18 22:58:51
Link | Citer | R

Well, you have six months to file with Paypal. That should give you enough time to follow through will all of your preorders. The guy is an ***, clearly. But you still have a chance to get your money back.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-18 23:06:50
Link | Citer | R

Also the dude saying he's only supposedly making $10 off your $1000 order while simultaneously kvetching about having to feed his family sends up red flags too. This guy isn't making 10 bucks off of what would be considered whales and then supporting am entire family off of it. He claims it'll take 10 years to make 1000 off of you and based on how often you're posting new statues and collectibles that is insane. He's either lying about the income or lying about this being anything more than a hobby for him on the side because he isn't supporting ***making 1000 bucks a decade off of a *** whale.
By Draylo 2024-03-18 23:07:35
Link | Citer | R

Sadly in the 1/6th figure scene he's highly regarded. In 4 years this is my only issue I've faced with him and clearly he has really bad customer service skills. For buying third party figures it's slim pickings and only people from China who aren't upheld to copyright laws etc, and so they use these proxy services. I think I will just get him to refund me and eat the loss being banned and going thru PayPal. Try to get them cheap elsewhere. Something else that worries me, is that he sent me an email to show me that other customers also email him about moving, and h3 included the guys full address. If his temper is that short I wouldn't put it past him to take my ID I sent him to make a package lost claim, and try to do something.

Now he's saying

"Why would we pay for insurance while 99.99% package is safely delivered?

In your case it’s not even qualify for insurance, they insure the journey to deliver to the address you gave, insurance doesn’t cover a package being rejected after delivery"

He frequent a collectors forum, I should see what ppl think. He says it's all my fault, but I think it's equal because why have a part on your site that asks for delivery address and it not be used? If you Sent an email saying I moved he should have staff that can double check the addresses. At the very least he should have something on his site saying he will specifically and only use paypal address for shipments, regardless of what address is listed on his site, but he doesn't have that.

The joys of collecting I guess lol
By Draylo 2024-03-18 23:08:55
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Also the dude saying he's only supposedly making $10 off your $1000 order while simultaneously kvetching about having to feed his family sends up red flags too. This guy isn't making 10 bucks off of what would be considered whales and then supporting am entire family off of it. He claims it'll take 10 years to make 1000 off of you and based on how often you're posting new statues and collectibles that is insane. He's either lying about the income or lying about this being anything more than a hobby for him on the side because he isn't supporting ***making 1000 bucks a decade off of a *** whale.

Well he's just one I go thru for 1/6th figures that are third party, but I also doubt he makes so little, it wouldn't make sense to stay in business given the amount of scammers he probably faces.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-18 23:11:07
Link | Citer | R

He has no *** idea what he's talking about or is lying again. First of all the idea of any legitimate business not insuring high value items if not EVERYTHING is hilarious, even mega conglomerates like Amazon have insurance on your $5 pack of toothbrushes if they get lost in the mail (not directly comparable but anyway). Additionally, carrier insurance covers end to end delivery and return of a product to sender as long as it's under the same manifest/tracking number. If it's lost damaged or destroyed at any point in that it is covered. That's ignoring business and market insurances that transcend carrier *** and directly insure inventory from loss, theft, fraud. Not to mention insurance policies that can cover certain amounts of loss from consumer returns though idk if a small time figure salesman would qualify for something like that.

While the wrong address can be attributed as your fault, the carrier losing the package after that is not.

Also glad I'm not a mega collector. Any figure I buy is thru amiami which at least has channels to go through for this ***. Just pre-ordered a 1/4 nikke recently and got a nice 1/6 Ann Takamaki because I'm a man of culture
By Draylo 2024-03-18 23:33:12
Link | Citer | R

Yeah but sadly if you want third party things you have to deal with these people. They make some incredible stuff, just look up gametoys cloud and sephiroth, league better than anything SE makes, only way to get them is ebay or these middlemen.

What's worse than them is etsy and custom sellers. I lucked out with most, like XI ones, but for some orders I'm waiting two years now and they always have excuses anytime I ask for status updates.

Moral of the story, be wary of collecting lol
By kishr 2024-03-19 00:14:27
Link | Citer | R

collect a lot of money and fly to Tokyo, buy it all yourself. middleman solved.
[+]
By Draylo 2024-03-19 00:38:19
Link | Citer | R

None of them or the products are from Japan. In fact a large majority of Japanese items are all made in China. They buy from studios based in China that all communicate in wechats, pretty hard to buy direct unless you know Chinese and can get connected.
By kishr 2024-03-19 03:33:00
Link | Citer | R

there's a insane ammount of stores in tokyo for old and new collectables, game relate and not.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-03-19 09:26:32
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
That said I find it very hard to believe that this seller didn't have insurance on a $1000 sale. He's either trying to con you and double his money or he's the stupidest merchant alive.
One word: China.
[+]
By Viciouss 2024-03-19 09:53:42
Link | Citer | R

Looks like the new James Bond has been cast. Aaron Taylor-Johnson...I have only barely heard of him. Which is a good thing.
By Jetackuu 2024-03-19 11:37:56
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
No one ever takes accountability for anything anymore. My parents haven't been able to access Netflix for months now. They called Netflix, who said it was their internet provider's fault, and the internet provider tells them it's Netflix's fault. Even getting the opportunity to speak to a human being is often a 3-hour wait on hold, so it's frustrating being the intermediate.

But there's not really much in the way of options. My parents have specific shows they want to watch that are only on Netflix, and we're in an oligopoly for internet around here. Just SOL.
Jetackuu said: »
Where's my pirate hat?
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-03-19 13:16:25
Link | Citer | R

With the incoming FFXI 24 man in XIV, there seems to be a ton of folks jumping into XI to try and make Youtube content for it.

It seems to be mainly being made by some folks actually interested and passionate about XI like Vicenarian.

On the other hand I keep seeing people crop up making recaps, "explanations," and other such things. Some of them feel very much like grifters to me, saying things like, "This is the first ever comprehensive review of FFXI!" And stuff like that isn't even true. Or I guess, rather, it becomes untrue every time new content has come out for XI.

I guess I should be celebrating XI being pushed into the spotlight in a largely positive way. But it also just makes me a bit sour I guess, because I just think, "Where were you, years ago?"

Not only that, though, a lot of the explanations get things wrong or are just literal summaries of the exact events of the stories, and some of these come from XIV based channels and it drives me up the wall.
[+]
By Draylo 2024-03-19 13:19:33
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-03-19 13:21:27
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »
With the incoming FFXI 24 man in XIV, there seems to be a ton of folks jumping into XI to try and make Youtube content for it.

It seems to be mainly being made by some folks actually interested and passionate about XI like Vicenarian.

On the other hand I keep seeing people crop up making recaps, "explanations," and other such things. Some of them feel very much like grifters to me, saying things like, "This is the first ever comprehensive review of FFXI!" And stuff like that isn't even true. Or I guess, rather, it becomes untrue every time new content has come out for XI.

I guess I should be celebrating XI being pushed into the spotlight in a largely positive way. But it also just makes me a bit sour I guess, because I just think, "Where were you, years ago?"

Not only that, though, a lot of the explanations get things wrong or are just literal summaries of the exact events of the stories, and some of these come from XIV based channels and it drives me up the wall.

Someday, perhaps, people will remember that the world really doesn't give a ***about their opinions, and "everyone gets a voice" just results a cacophony of whining rather than a symphony of thought.

Its just a bunch of grifters as you properly described them. Hoping to perhaps make a couple bucks off someone else's work.
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-03-19 13:29:38
Link | Citer | R

Some of them feel very much like grifters to me

Because they are. Clout chasing anything XIV-related to try to be/stay relevant. They don't care about XI, they care about what it means for XIV.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-03-19 13:35:12
Link | Citer | R

Not only that, though, a lot of the explanations get things wrong
That's what always irked me about my Thumper acquaintances. They pretend like they know FFXI even more than I do because they heard one of their parasocial best-friend YouTubers talk about how their brother's friend's cousin played it once and didn't like it.

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »
They don't care about XI, they care about what it means for XIV.
They don't even care about what it means for X|V. They care about staying relevant within a community that is already beyond their need.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-03-19 13:54:32
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
They don't care about XI, they care about what it means for XIV.
They don't even care about what it means for X|V. They care about staying relevant within a community that is already beyond their need.

They don't even care about staying relevant within a community that is already beyond their need. They care about tacos
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-03-19 14:09:40
Link | Citer | R

i have tbe best WOW CLASSIC ERA GUILD
When we run to raid thh 40 of us the guild master puts on Pirate music on Discord lol we are called jolly roger and horde hahahhaa

Now we are proggin Cthun on my 2nd character anyway >.>
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-03-19 14:11:18
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
They don't even care about staying relevant within a community that is already beyond their need. They care about tacos
They don't even care about tacos!

...And what kind of monster doesn't care about tacos?!
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-03-19 15:04:23
Link | Citer | R

I like how only faces were nicely displayed in the like section of above post, all of the looking to the right.

Its like a KoF2024's Team FFXIAH.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-03-19 15:09:25
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
I like how only faces were nicely displayed in the like section of above post, all of the looking to the right.

Its like a KoF2024's Team FFXIAH.

The King of FFXIAH 2024!!
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-03-19 15:15:34
Link | Citer | R

Because they are. Clout chasing anything XIV-related to try to be/stay relevant. They don't care about XI, they care about what it means for their streaming revenue.
Fixed.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-19 15:59:54
Link | Citer | R

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/915640361890746378/1219497991287865344/Screenshot_20085.mp4?ex=660b8502&is=65f91002&hm=965b138c1adabcbc12695b03521eada50431fc6dfb55171b90325794c4d34a9d&;

[+]
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2024-03-19 16:08:05
Link | Citer | R

Was hoping I'd actually get to play XVI before the collab, but I guess that's not happening lol.
Even more orchestrion rolls to collect than XV's event too. Gimme all the musics! *grabby hands*
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-19 16:32:01
Link | Citer | R

Oh hey they made the Sundering emote loop. $400 well spent
First Page 2 3 ... 22546 22547 22548 ... 22590 22591 22592