Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22545 22546 22547 ... 22574 22575 22576
By Pantafernando 2024-03-16 17:15:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »
SACRO BREASTPLATE GET!!!!

NOOOOOO
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-16 17:43:34
Link | Citer | R

After being in limbo for 2 years, TNT finally sold the last season of snowpiercer.

AMC is going to finally release it in 2025

Check every damn month for news, it was already shot, edited and ready to show THEN got cancelled and put on ice lol
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-03-17 01:28:40
Link | Citer | R

I just saw a tiny cockroach invading my room.

In the first round, I failed to deliver the finishing blow: charged too much the move, but lacked the proper accuracy. The hit missed and my weapon was thrown away, leaving me busy recovering it while the cockroach could ran away.

Once I was reloaded, I made an inspection on my table, the place for our last confrontation, but without any success. The target probably moved away for the others parts of my room. Maybe under the bed, in the shelf, etc.

Admiting defeat, my mind tried to console me: "Thats ok. It is just one. Unless there isnt a pair, they cant reproduce, and this will be our win by default".

Then something chilled my spine: "what if...

Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-03-17 03:19:29
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »

In the first round, I failed to deliver the finishing blow: charged too much the move, but lacked the proper accuracy. The hit missed and my weapon was thrown away, leaving me busy recovering it while the cockroach could ran away.

Once I was reloaded, I made an inspection on my table, the place for our last confrontation, but without any success. The target probably moved away for the others parts of my room. Maybe under the bed, in the shelf, etc.

Admiting defeat, my mind tried to console me: "Thats ok. It is just one. Unless there isnt a pair, they cant reproduce, and this will be our win by default".

Actually Panta, Roaches are capable of parthenogenesis, and the females strategy when they can't find men is to just lay as many eggs as possible, as there is a low chance that they will live and basically hatch into clones of the female.

Male roaches ensure that the eggs will hatch 99% of the time, and also have better genetics and all that, but the lady roaches don't actually need them to keep the species going.

Also they're filthy cannibals and will eat each other often.

I hate'em so much.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-03-17 08:00:21
Link | Citer | R

Then, lets hope this one was actually a male so
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-03-17 09:26:37
Link | Citer | R

Its never just one.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-03-17 09:44:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
After being in limbo for 2 years, TNT finally sold the last season of snowpiercer.

AMC is going to finally release it in 2025

Check every damn month for news, it was already shot, edited and ready to show THEN got cancelled and put on ice lol

There's been plenty of solid dystopian-themed shows canned before allowed to finish their arcs lately, and it always drives me batshit. Westworld, Altered Carbon, Snowpiercer.....and that's just in the past couple years.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-17 10:16:01
Link | Citer | R

Meanwhile, 7 walking dead spinoffs and 1000 episodes.

Thats the thing about (everything) there is no ending. You can always tell more story. The fate of all stories is to end but never finish. Look at soap operas they're running 40 god damn years and still makin ***up!

They always get too absurd, westworld you already know went totally batshit, altered carbon can literally sleeve into new characters 5ever (and the second season was very subpar) snowpiercer is absolutely ridikulous a 10 mile long train? that's literally impossible for a locomotive to pull. (but it's entertaining)
((The worlds largest train was half that, and required 8 locomotives to move))

Also; Watch Silo from appletv, they're starting season 2 "soon" and it's a big hit, they might get all the way through the end(wouldn't count on it though lol, nothing does)
[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2024-03-17 10:27:56
Link | Citer | R

Actually Panta, Roaches are capable of parthenogenesis, and the females strategy when they can't find men is to just lay as many eggs as possible, as there is a low chance that they will live and basically hatch into clones of the female.

Male roaches ensure that the eggs will hatch 99% of the time, and also have better genetics and all that, but the lady roaches don't actually need them to keep the species going.

Also they're filthy cannibals and will eat each other often.

I hate'em so much.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Here we nicknamed them "Peter" for some reason

you can get a plushie
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-03-17 12:04:15
Link | Citer | R

Meanwhile, 7 walking dead spinoffs and 1000 episodes.
The Maggie/Negan one I didn't watch, same with Daryl, but "The ones who live" is surprisingly really good. Shoulda done it 3 seasons ago.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-03-17 12:08:15
Link | Citer | R

They always get too absurd, westworld you already know went totally batshit

I was in that small minority that loved the direction of season 3 (I think with time season 2's structure has become more appreciated rather than just confusing people), and was really excited to see with the return to the park at the end of Season 4 was going to lead for a conclusion. The only redeeming quality I found in the way Season 4 was forced to be the show's ending is that in a way, you can view the entire project now as just "Running its Loop", like everything else, but it still feels incomplete.

Its a big reason I fear any attempt at Stephen King's "Dark Tower" saga. It'll never get properly finished.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-03-17 12:13:00
Link | Citer | R

Ewww roach themed stuff /blegh
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-03-17 14:58:25
Link | Citer | R

I hate'em so much.
That line always got me.
"Hey, man! I'm gonna cut you up so bad, you-you gon' wish I no cut you up so bad!"
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-03-17 15:48:39
Link | Citer | R

Ahhh...

Sirloin medium rare with a pinch of salt, dont need much more for some carnal pleasure

I certainly dont
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-03-17 16:10:55
Link | Citer | R

Ahhh...

Sirloin medium rare with a pinch of salt, dont need much more for some carnal pleasure

I certainly dont
*pours you a glass of plum wine to go with that*
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-03-17 17:05:45
Link | Citer | R

Thats the thing about (everything) there is no ending. You can always tell more story. The fate of all stories is to end but never finish. Look at soap operas they're running 40 god damn years and still makin ***up!
40?? Try 90.

I believe two popular soaps started on radio in the 1930s and moved to TV. I may be out of date on this, I am on a lot of stuff, and I don't watch soaps.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-03-17 17:56:32
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
40?? Try 90.

I believe two popular soaps started on radio in the 1930s and moved to TV. I may be out of date on this, I am on a lot of stuff, and I don't watch soaps.
My co-workers and I were looking this up once. Yeah some of these shows have been going on for almost three digits' worth of seasons.

(This meme is over 100 episodes outdated already)

(From Wikipedia)
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-03-17 20:36:40
Link | Citer | R

Dang... Doctor Who isn't in that club at all.

Now, if they hadn't taken that little break ...
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-03-17 20:46:43
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I hate'em so much.
That line always got me.
"Hey, man! I'm gonna cut you up so bad, you-you gon' wish I no cut you up so bad!"

Gonna make a macro for Savage Blade with that. (S'bout how smart I feel spamming it for results)
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-03-17 22:15:16
Link | Citer | R

It could use some catch phrase like:

"Im gonna be a little savage tonight! Savage Blade"
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-03-17 22:25:05
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Dang... Doctor Who isn't in that club at all.
According to Google, that series only has 875 episodes, so it isn't even close.
By Pantafernando 2024-03-18 03:22:12
Link | Citer | R

Follow-up of my battle against Vyr-roach.

This morning I was about to take an extra nap when I saw Vyr running toward my little cabinet.

At that point, I noticed Vyr had made one of its biggest mistakes in life. Also, probably the last one too.

While the cabinet had plenty of space to hide, the furniture itself isnt connected to other ones. So, while it would take me forever to check every corner in the cabinet to find it, the perimeter was secure as long As I keep watch of it. The white wall also worked at my advantage, allowing me to quick notice if Vyr wanted to leave the perimeter. What would be also a bad idea, because the cabinet was quite far from the next furniture, so a travel through the wall would leave it open to my attacks for a huge distance. Going to the floor, while easier to cmouflage, is where my attacks had increased bonus for power and agility.

The tactical advantage was entirely on me. All I need to do was, instead of making the fight an open confrontation between Vyr and me, instead, I should turn it in a guerrilla battle, just patiently waiting till one mistake is made for the finishing blow.

With the strategy defined, it was time to setuo my camp and my weaopn. After all was ready, I started to shake the cabinet to force the opponent in an error, slightly turning the edges to light. I also proceed with a carefull inspection in the area, when I saw that the young brown Vyr was reflecting a lot of my room's light, making it even easier to pinpoint it. My first shot was loaded and fired.

Unfortunelly another miss.

Luckly I learned with my previous mistakes, and this time I didnt fully chargd it, leaving me open because the recoil. I quickly recover my weapon and prepared for the second volley. Vyr-roach had run away, but this time, there wasnt a lot of place where it could go. He was still at my mercy.

I tilted my cabinet a little more when again I saw a white point of light. It wasnt Vyr-roach's day.

It seemed kinda exhausted and/or stressed becuase it just stood there, allowing me to change my shooting techning to a more precise one.

Then, I slowly appreached him then... slap. The battle was won.

I proceed with the body disposal, giving it a proper burial inside the trash can.

When I trimphantly returned to my base, Vyr-roach send me a spiritual message, what, for honor and respect to my opponent, I had to receive.

Vyr: "Why did you kill me? I never did anything to you"

Vyr: "I was still young, I hadnt even 10% of my species body. So young, I also never commited any crimes, so I cant accept me being killed for no reason.

Me: "Buddy, you do have a point, and I actually feel sorry for you. Maybe in another opportunity we could be best friends. But the destiny instead placed us in opposite side of the battlefield, so this is what it is.

Me: "About being killed for no reason, thats not entirely true. Even animal have the concept of property. A human cant hope to enter a lion's den and leave unharmed with the premise of "not doing nothing" or "being innocent". He transpassed the lion's boundary uninvited, and thus, was classified as a menace. He was killed because it was the instinctal reaction to protect a territory, the offspring. Thus, the guy was killed only because nature. It wasnt bad will, or the lion being mean to it."

Me: "That's all buddy. Rest in peace. I will follow you soon or later, so in the end of the day, its not a big deal."
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-03-18 17:44:31
Link | Citer | R

What an unusual type of roach, Panta.
By Jetackuu 2024-03-18 19:38:45
Link | Citer | R

One Piece rules them all!

Where's my pirate hat?
[+]
By Draylo 2024-03-18 19:46:32
Link | Citer | R

This retailer from China is basically screwing me out of 1k. Because I placed an order on his site and placed my new address directly on his site. I even sent him an email saying that all future orders should go to my new address. But because he only accept paypal, the address on paypal is my old one for some random reason (they dont even let you delete old address, have tried everything.) He is saying that despite whats on his site he only follows the address on paypal because people try to scam him and that address is protected. The old address refused my package and sent it back to the company he used, but they can't find it.

Why does it seem like the customer is always screwed over, or is it my fault like he says? I don't know a single other retail site that uses an address from somewhere outside their site, even though the direct address typed into their site under "delivery address" says something different.

Now hes being a complete *** about it and I kind of feel like I should go to collector sites he frequents to expose his behavior. He claims he will not refund me 1k because I wouldn't be worth it as a customer even over 10 years to regain the profit lol.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-03-18 20:09:03
Link | Citer | R

Sounds like you need to *** slap paypal some how. Also though, the guy sounds like a knob.

Something I've learned working in Hospitality is that when it comes to money, people will try to garrote you over a few dollars, AND everyone thinks people are dumb when it comes to money or refunds etc.

I'm willing to be he's used this sort of loophole before to screw other customers over as well.
By Draylo 2024-03-18 20:31:31
Link | Citer | R

Yeah and now hes basically threatening me saying hes going to close my account and I should go to paypal to get the refund. But if I go to paypal he will close my account regardless if they side with me or not. I doubt they would side with me because I placed this order over 5 months ago, but idk I've never done that before. It is just insane hes washing his hands of it completely and basically treating me like dirt on top of it acting like its 100% my fault. Like does anyone know a single retail site that uses an address OUTSIDE of that site for delivery? Like what, that makes no sense. Why even have a portion on your site that says "type delivery address here."

The types of replies just make my blood boil, like this:

Quote:
"I think it’s not necessary to continue this loop, its your responsibility to check the address you put on the invoice, and it is a common sense to ship to the “Protected shipping address”

I am not threatening you, this is simple math, calculate and tell me how many orders we receive from you can cover a lost of $1k when we are making like $10?

I can fulfill all existing orders before closing your account, it’s fine, no problem, but I am not going to pay for your mistake, I warned you to update paypal address, but you still pay with old address

If it’s our mistake, we will pay no matter the cost, but its yours, and I did my very best to help, you screwed yourself and wanting us to cover it, do you really think it make sense?

Like I said, if you want all my profit over the 3 orders, no problem I send you the money right away so I can end this time wasting loop with you but if you want me to pay for the 3 transactions, contact paypal, we both have to comply to the paypal’s decision, and you can order elsewhere, we move on
"

Quote:
"Compassion over a thousand dollar? How many times I have repeated to you that we can’t make a thousand dollar even taking your order for another 10 years, whats the point? I have my family to take care, business is business, when things happen we have the compassion for loyal customer? We aren’t charity company you understand?

You were good customer, I know, but I can’t pay for your own mistake, I have told you also that people always ask to change address, I am not computer/robot, I don’t have time to check each customer’s email record when we ships, that’s why I told you to revise your paypal address as well, as this is the protocol we set, my colleagues will ship to paypal address only. Its not a one man business, and its impossible to keep verifying with each customer before ship

The courier company don’t give a ***, as I repeated many times, they have the rule and protocol that we have to follow, technically these packages was delivered, they have done their job, it’s the receipter reject/return them. Maybe you should ask usps and fedex where the hell they returned those packages, on usps site the tracking never update, they never return things. Theres nothing much I can do with 4px, they are also a middle man helping to get package into US, they aren’t the final delivery company

I think we really should stop right here, as you will never agree with our position and rules, I really don’t have time to looping this with you all day, I have to work, I have family to feed

You have my word that I will fulfill all your existing orders, please just go to paypal if usps and fedex can’t help you, I don’t have compassion over a *** thousand dollars that I won’t be able to make over your orders in coming decades before I die, this is the reality!"
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-03-18 20:44:11
Link | Citer | R

No one ever takes accountability for anything anymore. My parents haven't been able to access Netflix for months now. They called Netflix, who said it was their internet provider's fault, and the internet provider tells them it's Netflix's fault. Even getting the opportunity to speak to a human being is often a 3-hour wait on hold, so it's frustrating being the intermediate.

But there's not really much in the way of options. My parents have specific shows they want to watch that are only on Netflix, and we're in an oligopoly for internet around here. Just SOL.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-18 20:49:15
Link | Citer | R

Teach them to sail the seas, *** netflix
First Page 2 3 ... 22545 22546 22547 ... 22574 22575 22576