Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22470 22471 22472 ... 22700 22701 22702
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-09-19 15:23:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I seriously wish even 5% of people understood why UBI would be such a phenomenal good to us in general.

It's so *** simple but people are so *** dumb.

ELI5; If you don't need to spend literally every minute of your life "earning a living" you could, maybe enjoy some of that life before you're 80.

But nope. Dumbass Crabs in a bucket. (If we have no desperate people, then no one will work slave labor and without slave labor capitalism cannot exist)

The critics to it act like guaranteeing a base level of existence to another human being generates laziness. Perhaps it does. Or perhaps not every one of us is pre-programmed to accept the rat race, and are ok with just having a cabin alone, fishing a stream, and chopping wood....as long as I've got good internet, that is ;) And a system similar to UBI ends up costing less for a society than trying to force the square pegs into the round holes of that rat race.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-09-19 19:29:16
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I seriously wish even 5% of people understood why UBI would be such a phenomenal good to us in general.

It's so *** simple but people are so *** dumb.

ELI5; If you don't need to spend literally every minute of your life "earning a living" you could, maybe enjoy some of that life before you're 80.

But nope. Dumbass Crabs in a bucket. (If we have no desperate people, then no one will work slave labor and without slave labor capitalism cannot exist)

The critics to it act like guaranteeing a base level of existence to another human being generates laziness. Perhaps it does. Or perhaps not every one of us is pre-programmed to accept the rat race, and are ok with just having a cabin alone, fishing a stream, and chopping wood....as long as I've got good internet, that is ;) And a system similar to UBI ends up costing less for a society than trying to force the square pegs into the round holes of that rat race.
Angle 1
Angle 2
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-19 19:53:31
Link | Citer | R

The thing of it is basic. Literally in the name. You get (depending where you live) enough to simply exist. To exist. Basic needs meeting. Shelter, heat, electric, water and food.

That's going to make some people content to just exist. But if you want a bigger house, better food, better anything you earn that. Instead of needing to earn everything.

(But like I said, giving people that relief from literal desperation will collapse the entire system. No one will ever do ***work 40+ hours a week)
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-09-19 21:14:44
Link | Citer | R

Moving further away from 2D/2.5D games and more toward "HD" games aka FF7R/FFXVI/KH3. Considering boosting up some of those 2D/2.5D games to the "AAA HD" category alongside existing 3D games but no word on what those would be. If I had to guess it'd be the more successful 2/2.5D franchises like Octopath. Most likely going to see Nier and Dragon Quest elevated before anything else though.

Placing a lot of focus on mobile and Web3 markets, aka "increasing profitability of all segments".

Greater portfolio depth could see the revival of things like the Chrono series, Parasite Eve, etc.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-09-19 21:17:50
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-09-19 21:29:55
Link | Citer | R

ASUS coming out with a $3200 AIO 4090, very *** funny.

My custom looped "***tier" MSI 4090, which has the lowest power limit and base clock of any msrp tier 4090 on the market, runs 100-200mhz faster than the $3200 mega special edition one and it cost at least $800 less to set up.
By mhomho 2023-09-19 23:22:33
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Parasite Eve, etc.

please Square-Enix-sama. after you spent all our precious money on gacha's. please, bring back Eve.
By Draylo 2023-09-20 01:43:26
Link | Citer | R

Moving further away from 2D/2.5D games and more toward "HD" games aka FF7R/FFXVI/KH3. Considering boosting up some of those 2D/2.5D games to the "AAA HD" category alongside existing 3D games but no word on what those would be. If I had to guess it'd be the more successful 2/2.5D franchises like Octopath. Most likely going to see Nier and Dragon Quest elevated before anything else though.

Placing a lot of focus on mobile and Web3 markets, aka "increasing profitability of all segments".

Greater portfolio depth could see the revival of things like the Chrono series, Parasite Eve, etc.

FFXI HD expansion, surely
By Pantafernando 2023-09-20 02:06:05
Link | Citer | R

Hes too young.

Im sure he never broke the lv75 cap
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-09-20 09:24:15
Link | Citer | R

Greater portfolio depth does indeed sound like they are going to milk old IPs for all they are worth.

How many games will get the full VII treatment? How many are worth it?

If a bleah game gets done over well in a remake would it sell?
By Blazed1979 2023-09-20 10:04:41
Link | Citer | R

Twinkies taste like garbage. Ding Dong and HoHos too.
were they always this bad or did something change? I loved these as a kid. but they taste like synthetic recycled junk now.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-09-20 10:06:48
Link | Citer | R

They've changed just like everything else
 Shiva.Cerderic
Serveur: Shiva
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2023-09-20 10:18:01
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
If a bleah game gets done over well in a remake would it sell?

Maybe if it's a niche title and they don't market it as a remaster. The people that know it's a remaster likely think it's a cult classic and will buy. The ones that don't know it's a remake won't care if it scratches their 'new jrpg' itch.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-09-20 10:49:41
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Blazed1979 2023-09-20 11:52:29
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
A 2023 survey of over 5000 CEOs and CFO by gartner showed that the Environment and Customers were the bottom of their priorities.
I can cite it for anyone who wants to call ***. but take my word for it.
I paused my lazy aura for a sec. here you go

I don't know what's worse; fact that the CEOs give less of a ***about customers than the CFOs, or that growth and customer aren't one and the same in their minds.
By Pantafernando 2023-09-20 14:20:06
Link | Citer | R

Customer is only relevant when they still have the power to not to buy something.

But considering how the markets is converging to big monopolies or oligopolies, then it makes sense to stepping down customers relevance.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-20 14:30:16
Link | Citer | R

Exactly. *** the customer. What are you gonna do about. We own everything. Can't even boycott. 8 Companies own the whole planet.

Also, *** dem kids, *** the poors, *** the the people that want life to be more than work, *** the climate, *** the environment, *** the future.
Just make money. Make that line go up. Consume. CONSUME. CONSUME!

[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-09-20 17:52:04
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-09-20 18:09:52
Link | Citer | R

the only "customer" that matters in the current design is the shareholder. All businesses are only concerned with producing money, not products.

Its not something new. Its been talked about for what feels like forever in terms of "eventually we'll hit this point with our current model"...well folks, we've hit that point.
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2023-09-20 18:13:24
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-09-20 18:32:49
Link | Citer | R

Blazed1979 said: »
Twinkies taste like garbage. Ding Dong and HoHos too.
were they always this bad or did something change? I loved these as a kid. but they taste like synthetic recycled junk now.
Your tastes have changed more than the products.

Blazed1979 said: »
I don't know what's worse; fact that the CEOs give less of a ***about customers than the CFOs, or that growth and customer aren't one and the same in their minds.
When they say growth they mean growth in share price. This is why whenever they get a tax cut they immediately do a share buy back.

Its how you get growth without having to deal with any yucky customers.

Stock buybacks became legal in 1982.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-09-20 18:33:22
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Negan said: »

Ive been considering the many fabricated war werent more than a rehashed basic Sun Tzu: divide to conquer. As long as people are fighting among themselves for so many pointless ***, they arent caring so many structural changes shoved in the western world.

Hard to not get too political on it as its purely political.

But i also dont think there is much to do aside following the flow and waiting where this road gonna end
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-09-20 18:42:09
Link | Citer | R

I just watched a video of the most traumatic episode in many cartoons.

Generally the supposed last episode where the writers decides to close the curtain in the worst way possible.

But suppose that we just have 24h before a meteor drops to earth finishing all human life from existance.

What would you do? Would you give the middle finger and do whatever your urges to do but never did because society rules?

Or would you stick to the very end with the suppose order?
By Dodik 2023-09-20 19:15:03
Link | Citer | R

By Rick and Morty standards some d***head would stop the meteor at the very last second and you would have to live with all the nasty stuff you did thinking the world was ending.

So maybe just smoke a lot of whatever and miss the whole thing. You know, the usual.
By Pantafernando 2023-09-20 19:36:22
Link | Citer | R

Morgelai is costing twice of a croceas.

I wonder if im missing something, or its just the mats price
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-09-20 19:54:08
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »

Everyone knew upon release how great a Crocea was, and as such most who would want one got one early.

Few saw a weapon-swapping RUN could be a good thing, but are realizing its quite viable now, causing demand with fewer materials in the market and crafters still in-game.

You're not missing anything in terms of cost or quality of product- you're just forgetting to evaluate customer demand in the moment as being so influential.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-09-20 19:58:50
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of milking successful IPs....

Final Fantasy XIV Tabletop RPG Coming in May 2024
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-09-20 20:05:50
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »

so much for quitting and making your own game with poker hookers huh?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-09-20 21:56:26
Link | Citer | R

I hate Nyzul. I'd rather farm an extra 100k Ichor to have 50k tokens knocked off. Sure, it'll be an extra 50ish hours, but of that 50 hours, it'll only be ~2 hours of time. Contrast to 150k tokens at ~10k tokens per run, thats 7.5 hours, a very very annoying rage inducing 7.5 hours.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22470 22471 22472 ... 22700 22701 22702