I never considered learning Java but my boss told me to produce a template using Java.
It wasnt explicitly said I should write it as I could add a java programmer to the team to do it, but considering many enterprise applications are java based, i guess it could be benefitial learning the basics of it.
The first tutorial intros are kinda overwhelming though. So many technologies were implemented over the decade that there is a long way to catch up.
I just face slammed everything with a Venusaur, or at least 70% of stuff. Easy to let him get ahead when the first two gyms are weak to grass...
I picked Charmander as my first, original starter. Weak to the first two gym leaders, so I sort of picked hard mode without knowing it. But it made those victories all the more satisfying. Then I accidentally did the same thing in gen-2 with Chikorita with the flying and then bug leaders >_>;
My very first was Squirtle because well... my first Pokemon game was Blue. But I always wanted the Red version.
Idr if I did a second play to start with Charmander. I do remember at some point that I managed to find a friend that I could trade pokemon with, I did an effort to have all three starters then my "final" team surely had Charizard, Blastoise and Venussaur.
Not that much creativity but i was a kid.
Nowaday things seems to have blown out so much. I just saw a video about Pokemon VGC and the guy analysing the winner team and explaining the trainer's choice. It was a 30 minutes long video, I dont even know how to start understanding how much the gameplay evolved.
Though, all of this is purposelly fabricated by develops, that simply add more and more performance variables that becomes very hard to equate all of them. So the said world champions normally are the ones who actually spend their time to find a sweet spot out of those millions variables.
Yeah, thats definitivelly not my style of gameplay. Im a way more rustic player. I dont want to optimize my scarce resource, I just want to grind to have enough so i dont actually need to care about those statistic.
Something fundamental broke at some point in our lifetime, literally every 18-30 year old female became a single mom.
Between sheer stupidity and divorce rates increasing year over year, it's hard to believe the birth rate is actually going down. It really says something.
I suppose the gen Z's are fixing it though, they're not *** at all. So there's that. (oldest Z's are 22)
Multiverse of Madness (mom, lol) Red carpet release tonight. International releases tomorrow so pirates and spoilers, hide from the internet if you don't want it ruined.
Watching the v15 Ongo fight linked on BGwiki w/ a JP blm slaughtering such in 3min flat but in 480p and ugly as always visual fidelity. Always thinking to myself. Damn I much prefer my version of FFXI.
I always wonder that too. The majority of XI players posting any content within the last 3 years or so has been people playing on a potato. I think the JP tske some kind of pride in playing like that, like its retro or something
Yeah there's probably a cultural stigma attached. Maybe because it's online they consider any amount of modification to be cheating, regardless of its impact on one's performance.
I come from playing the vast bulk of my FFXI game time via an XB360 and am seriously amazed by the sheer amount of talent & support of this game through Windower and Addons. Without the FFXI community I would seriously NOT be still playing this game when like Fernando said 20 years is an eternity in gaming Evolution. How or Why anyone would ever choose to play the game in it’s Original state is seriously beyond me.
Last night I filled in a couple character sheets for my upcoming play-test. Some things went well with it, some didn't. But what really stood out and made me grin from ear to ear like a proud doofus was one particular reaction.
I was describing a series of spells that I'd crafted to mess around with the idea of gravity, wormholes, time, etc., saying that none of them directly inflict damage. And one of the people on the Discord call jokingly said "What are you talking about? The longer I look at these, the more ways I can imagine using them to hurt people!"
That may not seem like a big deal, but that's been my goal this whole time. I very carefully crafted my magic system around giving players tools rather than actions. Watching someone realize that on their own was a huge win for me. It opened up 90 minutes of banter with everyone coming up with fun ways to use my magic system in the game.
SE should bring JSE equipment to FFXI via allowing us to Dress Up as such.
If the Remake doesn’t match the same identical gameplay but w/ such quality textures as that pic then I would be disappointed. Greatest Final Fantasy game I ever played outside of FFXI was FFIX itself due to being the only game in the series w/ a lmfao sense of humor to it all.
9 was my first FF I played as a kid, def one of my favorites too. That figure in the picture is actually amazing, I have three of them because it was so good lol. It's expensive now tho, I think they are out of print.
In other news, Hulu is getting rid of Digimon season 1~4 from streaming ;/. Why is everything I like unpopular and slowly stripped away!
9 was my first FF I played as a kid, def one of my favorites too.
It’s definitely not one of my favorite, but after watching this analysis, i recognize FF9 isnt as shallow as i always perceive it. Still, doesnt change my own personal FF ranking
1. Attempt to rewind the “medieval” thematic after the more comtemporary FF7 and FF8. Though FF12 did it (imo) way better.
2. Vivis design seemed like a lazy attempt to receive sympathy only for remembering the traditional BLM design. I got the idea of trying to pass the idea of manufactured being but still, you didnt need to reuse the BLM design for that.
3. Garnet design seemed like a lazy retake of Rinoa. Even few traces of her personality.
4. Zidane tails seemed like a lazy reference to Goku/Dragon Ball. I mean, still today i really dont think there is a point in that tail. Also, the name Zidane always sounded weird to me because at that time, there was that famous footballer Zidane, and at first I was "wtf, Zidane the footballer?"
As those 4 elements came very early in the game, i admit i was partial to it the entire time. Even the battle system seemed very bland after FF7 materias and FF8 junctions.
This is a thread that I found on another website I post at. It can be really really interesting. I thought it deserved a place here.
Post your random thoughts for the day here, or anything else that intrigues you.
For starters, is it possible to give constructive critism to someone who doesn't have a neck? I totally just walked by a girl who didn't. Someone isn't getting a necklace for Valentines day!
And who decided black and white can't be colors? I want to say a racist. I really do.