Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21871 21872 21873 ... 22553 22554 22555
By Draylo 2021-06-12 12:46:41
Link | Citer | R

Better off just buying a clear, they are very cheap now lol. Screw doing dynamis
By Jetackuu 2021-06-12 12:48:00
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
Better off just buying a clear, they are very cheap now lol. Screw doing dynamis
This is probably the dumbest thing I'll read today, lol...
By Draylo 2021-06-12 12:54:21
Link | Citer | R

Yeah because paying a small amount of gil to skip a huge time sink that requires you to do the worst event in a long time, is dumb. Better than farming job points that's for sure.
By Jetackuu 2021-06-12 12:56:35
Link | Citer | R

Proved me wrong, cool.

Dynamis D is about the only decent event in the game right now.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-06-12 12:58:16
Link | Citer | R

Time is money, nobody got time for that.
By Draylo 2021-06-12 13:00:16
Link | Citer | R

Odyssey is way better than Dyna D, and that event has tons of problems lol. Dyna D is horrible, bad lag and forces you to use the small handful of jobs that are basically mandatory for it. Not to mention that most people will be forced to joining a group for it, as not everyone has a compact efficient 6 man team or multi boxes, therefore you have to adhere to a schedule which is something most can't do. There are many reasons for buying clears, your mindset is stuck in the past.
By Jetackuu 2021-06-12 13:01:04
Link | Citer | R

Na, you just need to gitgud. Odyssey *** sucks.

It's an MMO, content should be designed around joining a group for it. Not botting your way through ***.
By Draylo 2021-06-12 13:09:33
Link | Citer | R

I mean, I don't disagree with that but the event isn't for everyone. Not everyone wants to play the jobs required for it (COR, RDM, etc.) and not everyone wants to join a group or deal with the lag. The next best option is just to buy it. People are stuck with this mindset from the old 75 era. What is the difference in buying a weapon from the AH or buying a KI from a Dynamis clear to upgrade your weapon? Both are using Gil that you earned through various means. Not everyone has the same ideals of progression. I used to think like that too, but time is precious. If you have fun doing it, more power to ya.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-06-12 13:17:33
Link | Citer | R

Your favorite fancy restaurant is running a promotion, “free any 1 entree” coupon when you spend 300 dollars and you spent 300 last week taking family to a graduation dinner.

You’re craving a good chicken burger tonight.
You call them up and they have a Nashville gourmet spicy chicken burger entree valued at 19,99 that you love.

But they also have a combo 10 ounce tenderloin steak and rack of ribs entree valued at 49.99 that also qualifies as the free entree.

Are you the type of person that orders what you’re craving?
Or the type that orders the larger entree because it’s a waste of the free coupon to not maximize the value of it etc
By Jetackuu 2021-06-12 13:18:26
Link | Citer | R

Freehugs said: »
Oh my god. Hot topic is hiring. *** WALMART, its time.. TO BE A BIG TIDDY GOTH SALES ASSOCIATE

Thanks, now that song is in my head.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-06-12 13:29:45
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
Your favorite fancy restaurant is running a promotion, “free any 1 entree” coupon when you spend 300 dollars and you spent 300 last week taking family to a graduation dinner.

You’re craving a good chicken burger tonight.
You call them up and they have a Nashville gourmet spicy chicken burger entree valued at 19,99 that you love.

But they also have a combo 10 ounce tenderloin steak and rack of ribs entree valued at 49.99 that also qualifies as the free entree.

Are you the type of person that orders what you’re craving?
Or the type that orders the larger entree because it’s a waste of the free coupon to not maximize the value of it etc

I mean, I wouldn't spend that much money on overpriced food in the first place, but as a general rule when the cost difference is that huge I'd usually take the more expensive item out of principle (as long as it was good, I would take the cheaper option if it wasn't).
By Pantafernando 2021-06-12 13:55:55
Link | Citer | R

I would not see the face value and just pick what I want dont matter if I gonna end “losing” oportunity/money.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-06-12 15:31:48
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
Draylo said: »
This is probably the dumbest thing I'll read today, lol...
Nope....

https://www.newser.com/story/307225/balenciaga-crocs-team-up-to-make-uncomfortable-shoes.html

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-06-12 16:27:26
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
I would not see the face value and just pick what I want dont matter if I gonna end “losing” oportunity/money.

Makes sense, but I often see such deals as an excuse to try something I would never spring the cash for otherwise. If I have already tried both and know I like the cheaper option more, then yeah, I'll get what I like.

On a related note, the sunk cost fallacy can be a real killer for some restaurants that do buffets. I knew a guy who owned a pizza joint and he stopped doing lunch buffets because of how awful people could get. For example, he had a regular that would eat their fill, load up their plate, and then just leave the full plate on the table and exit the restaurant so they could feel like they "got their money's worth". It seems like a lot of higher-end buffet places have rules nowadays to prevent exploitation from customers like that.
By Pantafernando 2021-06-12 16:39:55
Link | Citer | R

Probably the success factor of buffets is how good the administrator is with keeping their costs/costumers history so they can define a price that will make at least even the people who eats less than whats worth the bill and the ones that eats more than what they paid is worth. Then, the restaurant can profit from drinks and sweets, that normally are way more expensive. Its a lot of work, and requires method, otherwise you gonna end in loss.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2021-06-12 17:24:44
Link | Citer | R

If a pizza place can't profit off a buffet then they're doing something horribly wrong.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-06-12 17:33:50
Link | Citer | R

I know some buffets around here add a surcharge if there's a noticeable amount of food left on your plate, which I think is perfectly reasonable.

Could a pizza place not do exactly the same thing?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-06-12 17:48:28
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, there are probably feasible solutions, unless maybe there were some franchisee rules that would forbid certain practices. I don't know the details. The guy seemed quite intelligent (he was also a psychology professor with various accolades), so either he lacked business acumen, was simply hamstrung by corporate rules, or the customers were really bad.
By Jetackuu 2021-06-12 17:56:21
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I know some buffets around here add a surcharge if there's a noticeable amount of food left on your plate, which I think is perfectly reasonable.

Could a pizza place not do exactly the same thing?

Almost every buffet I've ever been to (to be fair I don't go to many) is a pay first situation. I don't see how this would be a feasible strategy.

Pizza is stupid cheap to make and unless you totally mismanage your orders you basically aren't turning much. BRB, calling my friend to start a 'za truck.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-06-12 19:20:02
Link | Citer | R

I don't know if I've ever been to a buffet where you have to pay upon entry. The ones I've been to are treated as dine-in restaurants where your bill comes at the end.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-06-12 19:23:51
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I don't know if I've ever been to a buffet where you have to pay upon entry. The ones I've been to are treated as dine-in restaurants where your bill comes at the end.
I’m at a Golden Corral right now in the city of industry, first time and they bill you before too
By Thunderjet 2021-06-12 19:41:25
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Sylph.Ticktick
Serveur: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2021-06-12 20:35:01
Link | Citer | R

I think places that are all day buffet only tend to be pay first and places that also have individual ordering or the buffet is only part of the day are pay after.
By Pantafernando 2021-06-12 20:42:13
Link | Citer | R

There is some logic to it though.

Its not uncommon to have groups of friends/family eating together, and not necessarily all of them will want buffet. Maybe some la carte or just drinking.

Its kinda unnecessary and even unpleasant situation having to explain to the owner there are people in a group that wont be eating. Or worst, if someone just end having one or two slices given by a legit costumer.

Aside people can drink and have desserts so in the end it will be just twice effort, charging before for the buffet, then after for the extras.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-12 20:51:53
Link | Citer | R

It's been years since I went to a buffet but every one I had ever gone to was pay up front, there's only one option, buffet.

Regular restaurants that have a buffet, are still restaurants, they bring the bill at the end.

And as far as a pizza buffet failing, don't know how they managed but CiCi's pretty much closed all their locations, they were obviously not doing well. (long before covid, when they filed bankruptcy) 5.99 all you can eat custom, unlimited toppings... even dessert "pizza" it was bananas.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-06-12 21:00:27
Link | Citer | R

Eh, i just discovered about japanese multiplication.

Tomorrow i want to check whats the fundamentals of that
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-06-12 21:05:54
Link | Citer | R

The only pizza I need is the one just down the street from my house. It's run by these wonderful folks who immigrated from India who make their own crust in the style of a garlic naan bread and have super flavourful ingredients. They even have a butter chicken pizza.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 21871 21872 21873 ... 22553 22554 22555