Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21677 21678 21679 ... 22573 22574 22575
By Viciouss 2020-06-12 23:45:32
Link | Citer | R

They are releasing an optional digital only edition because they know Microsoft is gonna undercut them no matter what, even if it means taking a big loss. So release a cheaper digital version to make it even tougher on Microsoft. I don't need a disc version but at the same time I like to buy console bundles, so I will probably wait a bit.
By Jetackuu 2020-06-12 23:57:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Carrotchan said: »
I still like physical because I can sell my games if I want to, instead of them just vanishing into the ether like when I sold my horrible life choices, also called the wii u

plus I like looking at all the money I waste compiled into an easy to view area, like my bookshelf '-'

You shut your *** mouth! The Wii U is amazing, when hacked.

That said: who actually sells their games?
By Viciouss 2020-06-13 00:03:17
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I haven't traded a game in a long time, mostly because I vote with my wallet and only buy the absolute best games, with a few nostalgic exceptions.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Carrotchan 2020-06-13 00:08:20
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
Asura.Carrotchan said: »
I still like physical because I can sell my games if I want to, instead of them just vanishing into the ether like when I sold my horrible life choices, also called the wii u

plus I like looking at all the money I waste compiled into an easy to view area, like my bookshelf '-'

You shut your *** mouth! The Wii U is amazing, when hacked.

That said: who actually sells their games?
I doooooo! me and ryan went through all our old games that we don't give a poop about or bought a later HD remake or re-port on a console we actually play

like digimon world 3 I sold for like $60, spyro ps1 trilogy for $90ish~!
By Jetackuu 2020-06-13 00:12:04
Link | Citer | R

heathens
By Jetackuu 2020-06-13 00:12:52
Link | Citer | R

But if anyone has a copy of Mega Man Legends 2 or The Misadventures of Tron Bonne, lmk ^.O
By Draylo 2020-06-13 00:41:57
Link | Citer | R

I'm surprised people still buy those.. Digimon World 3 I have on my phone for free :). I just hate having to carry around game cases now, ain't nobody got room for that.
By Xaander 2020-06-13 01:06:43
Link | Citer | R

But if anyone has a copy of Mega Man Legends 2 or The Misadventures of Tron Bonne, lmk ^.O

I have a physical copy of Mega Man Legends 2, but I still play it on a backwards compatible PS3. Love that series.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2020-06-13 01:33:14
Link | Citer | R

You know you’re doing something right with your spicy chicken burgers you cook at home when the kids are like “no josh’s are good” when faced with fast food burger options

[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-06-13 01:37:07
Link | Citer | R

Xaander said: »

I have a physical copy of Mega Man Legends 2, but I still play it on a backwards compatible PS3. Love that series.
all ps3 play psx games, and I had one, it broke like 18 years ago >.> I have a rip downloaded, but would like to put a legit copy in my case at some point (yeah, I still have it).

Ironically I'd probably be like "finally, neat" if I found another copy, then put it on the shelf and play on one of the dozen other ways besides the physical media I could :P
[+]
By Xaander 2020-06-13 01:47:46
Link | Citer | R

all ps3 play psx games, and I had one, it broke like 18 years ago >.> I have a rip downloaded, but would like to put a legit copy in my case at some point (yeah, I still have it).

Ironically I'd probably be like "finally, neat" if I found another copy, then put it on the shelf and play on one of the dozen other ways besides the physical media I could :P

Ah, didn't know that all of them could play PS1 games. Always assumed the PS3 I had was special because it played PS1 and PS2 games.
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2020-06-13 01:48:16
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

So happy it's finally happening. ;~;
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-06-13 01:52:41
Link | Citer | R

Ah, didn't know that all of them could play PS1 games. Always assumed the PS3 I had was special because it played PS1 and PS2 games.

Because it could play PS2 games; yes, but all could play psx titles. Now only 3 models could do the ps2 titles.
By Draylo 2020-06-13 02:01:02
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone have problems when you click forum > icons dont load
[+]
By Xaander 2020-06-13 02:14:52
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »

Had that problem for months. Didn't affect site functionality for me in any way though.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-06-13 03:54:32
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
Had that problem for months. Didn't affect site functionality for me in any way though.
Been so long that I have forgotten what the icons looked like.

I should check on other browsers that I never use.

What was my password here again... ?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2020-06-13 08:09:17
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Digital only ps5 should be the only ps5 available. The discs will serve no purpose other than saving you from downloading like 20-40gb seeing as most of the ***on the disc just has to be day 1 patched anyway.

The system does not need nor does it read the disc after install
lolno, you do realize a lot of places still don't have access to high speed internet, right?

The speed of your internet means *** nothing lol. Consoles are already designed to not use the optical drive at all after the initial download regardless of the average internet speed and how it affects the consumer, and that initial download will include a majority of the content that's on the disc regardless, so it's a non argument. Especially in these next gen systems where the storage system is several times faster than any optical media solution that we have an likely ever will have. Having an optical drive on your PS5 will mean next to nothing especially later on in this generation's lifespan when game sizes inevitably balloon because devs no longer have to use compressed assets. We're only a couple years away from game cases for console games only having a piece of paper with a code on it just like PC.

The second you've installed the game your disc only exists to prove to your playstation that you still own the game and 'have the right' to play it. It will never actively seek the disc for game data. It will never need the disc ever again, and often times installing from the disc can take just as long if not longer because, again, most of the data on that disc is outdated the day you buy it. This is the world we live in now.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-06-13 12:56:16
Link | Citer | R

Digital only ps5 should be the only ps5 available. The discs will serve no purpose other than saving you from downloading like 20-40gb seeing as most of the ***on the disc just has to be day 1 patched anyway.

The system does not need nor does it read the disc after install
lolno, you do realize a lot of places still don't have access to high speed internet, right?

The speed of your internet means *** nothing lol. Consoles are already designed to not use the optical drive at all after the initial download regardless of the average internet speed and how it affects the consumer, and that initial download will include a majority of the content that's on the disc regardless, so it's a non argument. Especially in these next gen systems where the storage system is several times faster than any optical media solution that we have an likely ever will have. Having an optical drive on your PS5 will mean next to nothing especially later on in this generation's lifespan when game sizes inevitably balloon because devs no longer have to use compressed assets. We're only a couple years away from game cases for console games only having a piece of paper with a code on it just like PC.

The second you've installed the game your disc only exists to prove to your playstation that you still own the game and 'have the right' to play it. It will never actively seek the disc for game data. It will never need the disc ever again, and often times installing from the disc can take just as long if not longer because, again, most of the data on that disc is outdated the day you buy it. This is the world we live in now.

Yeah lemme know how that 80gb install on dialup takes you, yes there are people who can still only get dialup in a large portion of the country. Trust me I get how stupid the updates have gotten, and devs already don't compress their garbage, that much is obvious.
By Josiahafk 2020-06-13 15:42:24
Link | Citer | R

Freehugs said: »
Does anyone know where I can find some cute posters? Oh wait, everyone in this thread is cute. :3
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-06-14 01:46:32
Link | Citer | R

Freehugs said: »
Does anyone know where I can find some cute posters? Oh wait, everyone in this thread is cute. :3
NOU
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2020-06-14 02:00:39
Link | Citer | R

No regarts. Playthrough number 7 with best girl Marie here we go
[+]
By Josiahafk 2020-06-14 02:09:54
Link | Citer | R

Hard copies are always superior. I can play the game and then after I beat it, just give the disc to a friend or family and they can install it and play it on their system for free too. Endlessly once we each beat it.

Animal crossing allows one island per console so this way the wife can play, and give the same disc back and forth to the kids to play on their switch when she gets bored of it
By ashcrow 2020-06-14 21:32:36
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

this is cool glad it was recommended
 Odin.Godofgods
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2020-06-14 21:49:57
Link | Citer | R

what GPUs would be compatible with a MS-7869 ver 1.0 motherboard?

Looking online the motherboard seems to be one they used for prebuilt systems at some point. I got a comp off a guy that refurbishes them. May not be the best on the market, but its probably more capable them my win7 comp or my XP comp. But the one thing it didnt come with was a GPU. I had one extra gpu which looks like it might have worked, but its simply to long. The card covers up a separate hook in spot on the mother board for the case header (#14 in pic below). So i cant fit it in. - I was able to put that gpu in my win7 comp tho. But the gpu in win7 comp is to old for win10 comp. Its only compatible up to win8. So no luck there. So i wanted to see if any cheaper gpu's would work for this machine. Given the MB's limited us i wasnt sure if the gpu compatibility list would be small as well, or if most pcie cards would still work.

heres a pic of the motherboard i found online. Seems to be the same one.
seriously need a random tech questions thread..
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-14 21:51:29
Link | Citer | R

Now to gear it up....
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2020-06-14 22:27:22
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Godofgods said: »

Looking online the motherboard seems to be one they used for prebuilt systems at some point. I got a comp off a guy that refurbishes them. May not be the best on the market, but its probably more capable them my win7 comp or my XP comp. But the one thing it didnt come with was a GPU. I had one extra gpu which looks like it might have worked, but its simply to long. The card covers up a separate hook in spot on the mother board for the case header (#14 in pic below). So i cant fit it in. - I was able to put that gpu in my win7 comp tho. But the gpu in win7 comp is to old for win10 comp. Its only compatible up to win8. So no luck there. So i wanted to see if any cheaper gpu's would work for this machine. Given the MB's limited us i wasnt sure if the gpu compatibility list would be small as well, or if most pcie cards would still work.

Any card will work if it's a standard pcie16x slot. your problems from there will be twofold

1) the best cpu that will fit in an LGA1150 socket is a 4790k which is getting very long in the tooth
2) what looks like the USB3 header that you're having trouble with. not sure if they make 90 degree USB3 cables but that could fix your problem there

edit: could try this
 Odin.Godofgods
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2020-06-14 22:41:22
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Godofgods said: »

Any card will work if it's a standard pcie16x slot. your problems from there will be twofold

1) the best cpu that will fit in an LGA1150 socket is a 4790k which is getting very long in the tooth
2) what looks like the USB3 header that you're having trouble with. not sure if they make 90 degree USB3 cables but that could fix your problem there

the comp is already put together. Has all it can except for the graphics card. This is the spot for the gpu card. It has about 7 inchs from the case to the header wire.
By Josiahafk 2020-06-14 23:10:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
https://i.imgur.com/Yl4ehIx.jpg

Now to gear it up....
is that your first rmea? congrats bud.
First Page 2 3 ... 21677 21678 21679 ... 22573 22574 22575