Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20852 20853 20854 ... 22573 22574 22575

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-17 00:49:19
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Lennart said: »
Driver going farther north breaks down and I have to go rescue him in the shop truck, and I can hear him on the radio, "dispatch is anyone coming? The auxiliary air tank won't fill so I can't lock the bus. If a bear comes out of the bush, I'm ***." "Pfft dramatic" I think to myself.

And one hour into driving north to rescue him I have to stop and wait; there is a huge black bear sitting in the middle of the road eating garbage, lol. Last thing I want to do is aggro it and have it attack the vehicle. Sitting there contemplating the best way to run over a charging bear without totalling the truck as it eventually leaves lol
Oh, god damn. It's just a bear. It'll be ok.
 Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2017-05-17 00:52:24
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
It really bothers me that they went with saving a dime instead of choosing a centralized server location
This is giving them too much credit, the most bitching came from west coast so that's what they responded to. Heavensward has proven SE doesn't think or plan, they just respond to whatever people have complained about the most heedless of how it affects anyone else.

The sad part too is that most of the people who complained the latency from east to west cost was too bad are still going to get landslided off titan, among other things, because latency was never actually their issue.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-17 00:54:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ina said: »
It really bothers me that they went with saving a dime instead of choosing a centralized server location
This is giving them too much credit, the most bitching came from west coast so that's what they responded to. Heavensward has proven SE doesn't think or plan, they just respond to whatever people have complained about the most heedless of how it affects anyone else.

The sad part too is that most of the people who complained the latency from east to west cost was too bad are still going to get landslided off titan, among other things, because latency was never actually their issue.
I dunno, we still don't have a butt slider and people have bitched about that quite a bit.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2017-05-17 00:57:36
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »

I dunno, we still don't have a butt slider and people have bitched about that quite a bit.
Ps3 limitations is still their excuse for a month.
user: voiceless
By Asura.Swaggernaught 2017-05-17 01:10:17
Link | Citer | R

i never noticed each temple has its own hymn (Aeon) voice
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2017-05-17 01:14:04
Link | Citer | R

Serveur: Ultros
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2017-05-17 01:17:26
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-05-17 06:12:23
Link | Citer | R

I went from 20 something to 80 something... so not a problem for me to deal with but half the people I know in game are EU because of my work hours so will see how it plays out. Though now I actually have to be less terrible at the game and not just bank on good latency.

I went from 100ish to 180
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Cherche
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-05-17 07:43:40
Link | Citer | R

Well, in actual practice, my ping is actually lower now than it was when the servers were in Montreal. Despite what pinging the servers yesterday indicated.

Still getting ping spikes, but not nearly as many.

And haven't lost any packets yet.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-05-17 07:52:08
Link | Citer | R

nvm, cursed vid clip with ***in it hnnngh
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2017-05-17 07:53:21
Link | Citer | R

I gained around 10ms I think. From here to Montreal is 400 miles less than from here to Sacramento. Was really hoping they were going to be somewhere in the central US. Like Dallas, Houston, or even Chicago. Preferably Dallas though.

They essentially shifted the problem over to east coast from west coast and *** over BR and EU in the process. But at least they aren't routing through Level 3 anymore. My route goes directly into NTT which is the same provider as their servers in Japan.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-05-17 08:10:20
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-17 08:47:51
Link | Citer | R

The man in gauze, the man in gauze.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-05-17 10:45:54
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-05-17 10:52:14
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2017-05-17 10:52:17
Link | Citer | R

Driver going farther north breaks down and I have to go rescue him in the shop truck, and I can hear him on the radio, "dispatch is anyone coming? The auxiliary air tank won't fill so I can't lock the bus. If a bear comes out of the bush, I'm ***." "Pfft dramatic" I think to myself.

And one hour into driving north to rescue him I have to stop and wait; there is a huge black bear sitting in the middle of the road eating garbage, lol. Last thing I want to do is aggro it and have it attack the vehicle. Sitting there contemplating the best way to run over a charging bear without totalling the truck as it eventually leaves lol
If you honk and slowly approach a moose for example, you're pretty much dead and your vehicle is crushed unless you have a high powered rifle with slugs.

I'm wary to approach any huge animal.
Was your truck smaller than the bear? They generally don't *** with things bigger and louder than they are unless desperate/provoked.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-17 10:55:56
Link | Citer | R

If you honk and slowly approach a moose for example, you're pretty much dead and your vehicle is crushed unless you have a high powered rifle with slugs.

I'm wary to approach any huge animal.
High powered rifles pretty much exclusively fire slugs. Still just fight it off. I do it all the time.
 Carbuncle.Scarmiglione
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Scarmiglione 2017-05-17 11:12:50
Link | Citer | R

Yay, my Dark Souls 3 came today, although the case was cracked a little bit. Funny how calling and making a claim suddenly made the package show back up in the system.
 Asura.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Asura.Valmur 2017-05-17 11:33:32
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
I went from 20 something to 80 something... so not a problem for me to deal with but half the people I know in game are EU because of my work hours so will see how it plays out. Though now I actually have to be less terrible at the game and not just bank on good latency.

I went from 100ish to 180

from 105, now 199+
Serveur: Ultros
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2017-05-17 11:42:42
Link | Citer | R

[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2017-05-17 12:44:41
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Stiltz