Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 16591 16592 16593 ... 22713 22714 22715
 leo
By leo 2015-02-22 09:09:16
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I remember when I was little I really wanted a SEGA Saturn, which was the most popular 'next gen' console at the time. My dad instead came back from the shop with a PlayStation, that no one knew what it was. He pretty much bought one of the very first sold in this country and told me "trust me, this is better".
Indeed, PS lived on, Saturn Idk what befell it but it disappeared into nothingness.

I never liked the Saturn itself. I was more of a SEGA games fan. I did feel a little sad about how the Saturn turned out to be horrible. But that's how life goes.

When SEGA did it right (the Dreamcast) they already had spent most of their money on the garbage the Saturn was (it still has a lot of excellent games even the hardware being so horrible and complex) to keep afloat with the Dreamcast.

For many people in Japan, Dreamcast was their first taste of Internet browsing and chatrooms/forums usage. I find that amazing.

I still own the "Dreameye" (Dreamcast camera/webcam communicator kit) thing.

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Jetackuu 2015-02-22 09:13:19
Link | Citer | R

leo said: »
Because a computer hard drives making company had the mark "mega drive" registered in the USA. But the real name of the thing is "SEGA MEGA DRIVE", "MEGA-CD" and "SUPER 32X":

Here, the MEGA-KLUDGE in all of it's glory:

The small thing at the bottom near the MEGA-CD unit is the karaoke expansion.
I thought the 32x was something different, but I'll admit my Sega knowledge is lacking...

My question is: what is the proper boot sequence for that monstrosity?
By Bloodrose 2015-02-22 09:14:13
Link | Citer | R

Proper boot sequence is to burn it with fire.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-22 09:15:57
Link | Citer | R

edit: too bad that wasn't the Apsalus mobile armor standing beside it, or that boot sequence joke would be even funnier with this:
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-22 09:16:13
Link | Citer | R

WTF did I wake up to?

FFXIAH, you failed me!
 leo
By leo 2015-02-22 09:16:13
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
My question is: what is the proper boot sequence for that monstrosity?

Turn it on without a cartridge and the CD BIOS menu kicks in. Plug in a cartridge and if it's a MEGA DRIVE cartridge it will boot normally. If it's a 32X cartridge, same deal.

With a 32X unit fitted, the CD system can play 32X CDs.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-22 09:17:41
Link | Citer | R

Bloodrose said: »
Proper boot sequence is to burn it with fire.
no.jpg

Need one of these for your 64:

Bismarck.Magnuss
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-02-22 09:19:40
Link | Citer | R

Only addition you needed to the N64:
 leo
By leo 2015-02-22 09:20:59
Link | Citer | R

N64 = Where Nintendo lost it.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-02-22 09:24:05
Link | Citer | R

By Jetackuu 2015-02-22 09:24:48
Link | Citer | R

Honestly it had great potential, they just fell flat with their accessories (imo).

The controller though... ugh!

edit: by falling flat I mean that they didn't follow them through.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-22 09:28:23
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-02-22 09:29:06
Link | Citer | R

leo
By leo 2015-02-22 09:30:41
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »

N64 was Nintendo's answer to the PlayStation. PlayStation only exists because Nintendo was stupid.

After the CD fiasco Nintendo never again had total grip on the video games market.

So, that's how N64 is where it lost itself. They kept their formula set in stone, though. They're still releasing underpowered hardware and relying on programming or marketing gimmicks.

The NES/Famicom had programming gimmicks. They switched to "real" gimmicks with the Wii (Wii remote).

Now that's old, they're having to resort to their IPs to survive.
Edit: Amiibo is a gimmick... Forgot about that... haha
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-02-22 09:35:03
Link | Citer | R

Only 5 more days until Xenoverse on PC!
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-02-22 09:35:13
Link | Citer | R

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of ocarinas playing and slappers only.

[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-22 09:40:25
Link | Citer | R

N64 was Nintendo's answer to the PlayStation. PlayStation only exists because Nintendo was stupid.

After the CD fiasco Nintendo never again had total grip on the video games market.

So, that's how N64 is where it lost itself. They kept their formula set in stone, though. They're still releasing underpowered hardware and relying on programming or marketing gimmicks.

The NES/Famicom had programming gimmicks. They switched to "real" gimmicks with the Wii (Wii remote).

Now that's old, they're having to resort to their IPs to survive.
Edit: Amiibo is a gimmick... Forgot about that... haha
I'd entirely agree with this assessment except that their IPs generally still are great games, even if they're not as great as other ones in their respective series, they're still enjoyable, and don't rely on top notch hardware and actually put in substance.

I mean the Xbone literally had the gimmick of "tv, sports, halo." and I honestly couldn't tell you anything about the PS4, as it doesn't interest me in the least. (ah, aside from their controller using direct input again instead of x-input on the PC, which is interesting).
By Jetackuu 2015-02-22 09:41:14
Link | Citer | R

Leon Kasai said: »
Only 5 more days until Xenoverse on PC!
I've been thinking about it, even though I don't enjoy fighting games. I think I'll refrain though, just cuz.
 leo
By leo 2015-02-22 10:07:48
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
I'd entirely agree with this assessment except that their IPs generally still are great games, even if they're not as great as other ones in their respective series, they're still enjoyable, and don't rely on top notch hardware and actually put in substance.

I mean the Xbone literally had the gimmick of "tv, sports, halo." and I honestly couldn't tell you anything about the PS4, as it doesn't interest me in the least. (ah, aside from their controller using direct input again instead of x-input on the PC, which is interesting).

I wouldn't touch anything *console* on the current generation with a 10 foot pole.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-22 10:17:17
Link | Citer | R

I remember in 7th grade, being a loner I didn't have many friends and my school was the middle school all elementary school students in the district ended up at if they didn't transfer. Bunch of new people I didn't know and the ones I did fell into their cliques of friends. One day at lunch a kid was talking to another kid about Majora's Mask, other kid wasn't interested but we ended up becoming good friends talking about the game, we stayed friends until junior year when he dropped out. Kinda sucks but he was funny.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-22 10:18:22
Link | Citer | R

Schizm Gallantry said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I remember when I was little I really wanted a SEGA Saturn, which was the most popular 'next gen' console at the time. My dad instead came back from the shop with a PlayStation, that no one knew what it was. He pretty much bought one of the very first sold in this country and told me "trust me, this is better".
Indeed, PS lived on, Saturn Idk what befell it but it disappeared into nothingness.

Yeah, I was an assistant manager at a Funcoland when the Playstation came out. I had alot of friends that said the Sega Saturn was going to rule the market. I stood by the Playstation and my friends were amazed by it. What probably got them more interested was the fact, at that time, I had every game that came out.

But overall, I still liked the Dreamcast as the launch day console. I was already gone from Funcoland and they were Gamestop, but I liked the release titles more on the Dreamcast when it was released.
I still have a Dreamcast somewhere.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-22 10:32:43
Link | Citer | R

My N64 story was from me playing Goldeneye at a friends house.

Another friend of mine needed money at the time and was going to sell his N64, he only had a few games but didn't know about 'Goldeneye'. So he sold it to me, we went out for lunch and I bought my copy of 'Goldeneye' and went to my house. He was so pist off, I still don't let him live it down.

EDIT> The ending of the story was when I found out a friend of my moms couldn't afford to get her kids any toys for Christmas. I had a few things and gave her the N64 with all the controllers and games. While it was a few years old, I had smash brothers and Mario Party which I knew her kids would love to play.
I first got to play N64 with the same friend who got me into FF. Ocarina of Time, GoldenEye, SSB. I later got my own from a pawn shop, my sister had a cockatoo that would break itself out of its cage and it chewed my controller cord. I player through half of OOT and MM several times with a shortened, spliced controller cord. I found a better one with a rumble pack at a thrift store 3 years ago and bought it.

EDIT:
Only addition you needed to the N64:
One I got was off-brand.

Anyone remember the story of the mom who was trying to get stuff pulled off the shelves after catching her daughter with an N64 controller down her pants? That made me laugh.

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-22 10:40:16
Link | Citer | R

the *** is pist? man I'm out of the acronym loop...
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-22 10:41:40
Link | Citer | R

No don;t remember the story but don't forget the expansion memory pack. I had one when Perfect Dark came out.
I got one when I rented Majora's Mask... Hollywood Video went out before I returned it....late. I still have both the expansion and the game. >.>

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-22 10:44:30
Link | Citer | R

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16591 16592 16593 ... 22713 22714 22715