First Page 2 3 4 5
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-01-13 15:34:59
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
You would need a complete lack of brain cells to be taken in by any of these programs. Many of them employ actors and extras and film to a script. Besides what are the chances of a supernatural being showing up just because there is a camera ~_~
Even ghosts want their 15min of fame, lol.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-01-13 15:46:46
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Starr said:
Shiva.Nikolce said:
In the christian bible the book of revalations states that only the best 144,000 jews of all time get to go to heaven while everyone else eats flaming feces for all eternity while bing raped by giant scorpian tailed lion headed locust beasts. Yeah, read that one to the kids at night, sweet dreams hunny!
No it doesn't.

LOL yes it does, go read it again. 12k from the tribe of david, 12k from the tribe of .... etc. 12k x 12 is 144,000 all from the twelve tribes of isael, who are all jews.

Read it and weep jr, you aint gunna make the final cut. Sorry about your luck.
[+]
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-01-13 15:48:35
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Starr said:
So you believe in ghosts? This will be interesting if you do.

I believe in ghost, demons and angels. Problem is some of us can't never it prove it. Even if we could i don't think people will be able to accept it.

Also, they do live among us. But, then again can't be prove at all. I've seem them and i honestly can care less to even try to prove it.
 Cerberus.Starr
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-13 16:05:18
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said:
Cerberus.Starr said:
Shiva.Nikolce said:
In the christian bible the book of revalations states that only the best 144,000 jews of all time get to go to heaven while everyone else eats flaming feces for all eternity while bing raped by giant scorpian tailed lion headed locust beasts. Yeah, read that one to the kids at night, sweet dreams hunny!
No it doesn't.

LOL yes it does, go read it again. 12k from the tribe of david, 12k from the tribe of .... etc. 12k x 12 is 144,000 all from the twelve tribes of isael, who are all jews.

Read it and weep jr, you aint gunna make the final cut. Sorry about your luck.
LOL no it doesn't, go read it again.

1. It does not say these are the only people going to Heaven, it says they will help to rule Heaven where others will just go to Heaven.
2. The tribes of Israel are thousands and thousands of years old, there's nothing to say that I'm not a descendant from any of those tribes, not that it matters.

Read it and weep kid, you're wrong. Sorry about your lack of knowledge or understanding on the subject.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-01-13 16:10:04
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
Ok, I never make these political/religious debate threads but my boyfriend and I were watching Ghost Hunters last night (just to kill time) and I had said to him "I wonder how religious people think about how people go out and hunt ghosts."

So it made me a bit curious from religious folks of how they feel about the whole ghost hunting thing. And I'm not meaning from just TV shows but from any kind of ghost hunting.

I heard that there is a show that they provoke the ghost/spirits. Just curious of the topic really.
you have a boyfriend?!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-01-13 16:10:38
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
Ok, I never make these political/religious debate threads but my boyfriend and I were watching Ghost Hunters last night (just to kill time) and I had said to him "I wonder how religious people think about how people go out and hunt ghosts."

So it made me a bit curious from religious folks of how they feel about the whole ghost hunting thing. And I'm not meaning from just TV shows but from any kind of ghost hunting.

I heard that there is a show that they provoke the ghost/spirits. Just curious of the topic really.
you have a boyfriend?!
boo

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ifrit.Rikiyame
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Rikiyame
By Ifrit.Rikiyame 2011-01-13 16:22:29
Link | Citer | R

Some ghost hunters are trying to figure out if the things we experience are intelligent (can be interacted with) or residual (replay like a movie).
 Cerberus.Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-13 16:39:12
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:

1) Depends on interpretation of the story book.

2) Why would an all powerful, all knowing, all present god need people to help rule that place in the sky?

3) Loled at you saying its not impossible to be a descendant of one of those tribes. Yes it is not impossible, but it is laughable to consider.
1) Might do, I don't happen to have the original Greek or Aramaic script at hand. The interpretations I've read say what I stated.

2) I nowhere, and the bible nowhere says, he needs them. It's just a decision he makes, if you believe Revelations to be inspired that is. I could go on and on with why it should and should not have been put in the canon we know and what not but there's no point debating with someone as baselessly Atheist as yourself is.

3) How would it be impossible for one of, hmm, 100,000 people, 4,000 years ago to be my ancestor? It is laughable to believe that is an impossibility or of low probability statistically.
 Sylph.Oddin
Serveur: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2011-01-13 16:48:05
Link | Citer | R

Ghosts watch you masturbate.
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
Serveur: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2011-01-13 16:51:29
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oddin said:
Kinky.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-13 17:07:35
Link | Citer | R

1) Perhaps you misunderstood. People interpret things differently. Some people interpret that to mean only those 144,000 are going to that sky kingdom with your mac daddy cloud wizard. Some however do not interpret it that way. A different language would not help as that fairytale book is already too far gone.

2) If they are helping then they are assisting a "man" who does not need any help at all. It seems rather pointless for them to go there to "help". They are no better than anyone else who goes to heaven who is not mentioned as helping rule others. Just seems like some arrogant jews in a storybook to me. By the way I am not an atheist so better luck next time.

3) Never said it was impossible I just said it was not likely. You are looking it as 1 out of 100,000 4,000 years ago. However you should be looking at it as 1 out of almost 7 billion (currently estimated at 6,893,334,520) from 100,000 4,000 years ago.
1) Most misinterpretations with the bible come from mistranslations, I'm not sure if, in it's original language and context, that it was unambiguous enough to be interpreted as either. It may be straight up in it's original context but vague after the translation.

2) He's not a man lol, wtf. Pointless? Explain to me how ANYTHING has reason or a point without Creationism, as despite not being an Atheist you are clearly not religious.

3)Uh, I don't have a clue what you mean. Consider that America etc etc were uninhabited a thousand years ago, let alone 4000 years ago, by any more than a few thousand(?) native Indians. There's actually a fairly large chance that I could be a descendant of one of the tribes of Israel.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-13 17:29:51
Link | Citer | R

I do not believe in ghosts, angels or demons.

Just stories to scare kiddies imo.
[+]
 Cerberus.Ciecle
user: Ciecle
By Cerberus.Ciecle 2011-01-13 18:27:12
Link | Citer | R

Personally, I do believe in ghosts. But believing is all about how you perceive the 'afterlife'.

I say this because of plenty of interesting things in life that I've experienced and I've seen.

1 example is a few years ago me and my brother were in the kitchen and my brother was raiding the fridge when all of a sudden a box crashed in the laundry room and out flew a knife at my brothers feet. when we looked in the laundry room nothing else was on the ground. The box was sitting on the dryer previously, but the dryer wasn't on.

The 'scientific' way of looking at this would be 'The house wasn't level and the box was heavy enough to slide on its own to the floor. Since it was heavy enough it didn't cause a shift in weight to cause the box to rock there for not turning the box over and spilling its contents.'

See it as you will, but I don't personally see how a knife which would have gone the same way as the box(down) came out of the box and flew in a totally different direction of said box to land 8 feet away from the box.

Another example is 3 months ago, my grandmother passed away. As a grieving process one finds ways of trying to explain that the person who was there is no longer hurting/in pain. During that time you normally have dreams of said person. Mine was of me and my grandmother. I ran into the house shouting at her to take her medicine cause it will save her from dying. She kept repeating to me 'it's already too late I'm no longer here.' then i saw her get up out of the wheelchair she was bound in for 12 years and start walking out the door and down the hill on which she lived. I kept shouting at her to come back and take her medicine... She shouted to me that she'll talk to me later and we will see each other again and that she loves me. Then disappeared.

I talked to my dad later that week and told him about the dream, he said to talk to my grandfather because he had a very similar dream the same night.... Coincidence, maybe. but to me that was more then just coincidence. It was my grandmother telling me and my grandfather to not grieve. That she's in a better place. Since the time of that dream I've not had a single dream about her.

Felt like sharing those two stories :x
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2011-01-13 18:58:01
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oddin said:
wasn't it aliens?
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-13 18:59:22
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oddin said:
They need to join in more. Like in Ghostbusters
 Cerberus.Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-13 23:29:15
Link | Citer | R

1) Yes I am aware, and I was talking here and now if it was a different language. The book is too far gone, and even when it was being written the writers had the digression to omit what ever they wanted and do the same with anything they chose to put in.

2) The christian god is not a man? Well perhaps they should rewrite the bible and prayers. Our father who art a transvestite, hallow be thy name!
No point with out creationism? What a close minded ignorant perception of life. Every time a bird flies into a window it is simply because they have no point to live because of their lack of a knowledge of creationism.
That is not a really valid argument, just me mocking you, but on a more serious note. You are someone who is not happy with discovering our origin as time passes?
We, specifically science, has disproved many events in the bibelol. Believing in genesis is intellectually laughable.

3) You could also have descended from someone in China, Australia, 1) Europe, Africa, and so on and so forth. If you find out that you are descended from those tribes then I shall send you a yarmulke to play frisbee with. Since you are most likely not what part of hell are you going to? Just so I can send a postcard.
Uh what? You realise that not one of the writers of any of the books in either testament were part of compiling the canon? Your post seems to imply that you think some guys just wrote the bible as a book LOL it was compiled from old Jewish scriptures and then gospels written about the life and teachings of Jesus, there are more books/scriptures/gospels than what is in the Bible as you see it.

2) not a man as in not a huMAN cus that's what I thought you were implying, what are you trying to point out by stating he is male? It has absolutely no relevance to the discussion at hand, whether or not the 144,000 will be rulers in Heaven or be the only people to go there, please don't go off on tangents of crap as per usual.

3)I think there's a huge chance I am, not that I care because I'm not going to hell because I actually know what I'm talking about, whereas you're just ignorant and uninformed about the topic at hand.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-13 23:33:09
Link | Citer | R

Starr, if you're actually a Christian which I highly doubt, you have about as much chance of getting into heaven as members of the Westboro baptist church.
[+]
 Cerberus.Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-13 23:35:08
Link | Citer | R

Why?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-13 23:36:27
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Starr said:
Why?

Pretty self explanatory.
 Cerberus.Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-13 23:37:17
Link | Citer | R

No, I don't what basis you're saying that on. Please use scripture to show me why I will go to hell.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-13 23:40:00
Link | Citer | R

Philippians 2:3-11
Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. ...
 Cerberus.Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-13 23:42:44
Link | Citer | R

That's exactly like me, as far as you are concerned. How am I not humble til certain residents start being ***?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-13 23:44:34
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Starr said:
That's exactly like me, as far as you are concerned. How am I not humble til certain residents start being ***?

Calling people '***' is pretty unchristian (hence me likening you to the westboro baptist church) and spouting about how high your IQ is a pretty prideful thing to do.

And if it's a lie then you've just knocked two sins straight out of the park.

But that's why I'm pretty sure the entire 'Christian' thing is a charade.
 Cerberus.Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-13 23:51:36
Link | Citer | R

The *** comment was meant as a direct Westboro pun, I'm just *** with you. I never once just started spouting about my intelligence, until questioned, as I am humble about it normally despite being praised for it often. I'm not lying, I haven't lied for as far as I can remember, do you really believe one's forum persona defines how they are and act in real life? I guess I kinda do troll people IRL too but not the point, they still love me after. I have done some stuff out of rivalry and conceit in RL, of course, but repentance earns forgiveness.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-13 23:56:59
Link | Citer | R

You've called people *** many times, I don't think it's a pun to westboro but you can try and play it that way if you like.

And again, I've seen you spouting your intelligence more than once unprovoked. As for lying I have my own personal opinion on the matter and I believe you are. And no, I don't believe ones internet persona is indicative of how they are in real life, but acting like a douche on the internet is still sinful if you're going by the bibles moralistic code.

And yes, repentance does earn forgiveness, but repeated sins shows you either care very little for the religion you claim to follow, or have very bad will power.