BLM gear sets
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2011-01-01 07:53:06
Link | Citer | R

What do you use nowadays? I'm working on my AF3 set, and I just got the Goetia Mantle and am very happy with it. Other than that, I have a few basic ideas of what to shoot for, but I'm curious what everyone else is using.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-01-01 08:12:06
Link | Citer | R

non day nuking

atmas: MM/Beyond/Full Moon
have sorc ring but have to be at about 30% hp inside abyssea to actually get it to proc

day nuking

obis/staff swap according to day

working on totm thunder/ice staffs and more af3+1/+2
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-01-01 08:28:29
Link | Citer | R

This is a good example of an idle set you'd want:

Same as usual idle set, consists of regen, refresh, pdt, and a movement speed piece if possible.
If you don't feel like doing the whole shebang, at least attempt to get a set with refresh pieces, refresh for BLM is still important in abyssea with the rate that MP is expended.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-01-01 08:33:25
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
This is a good example of an idle set you'd want:

Same as usual idle set, consists of regen, refresh, pdt, and a movement speed piece if possible.
If you don't feel like doing the whole shebang, at least attempt to get a set with refresh pieces, refresh for BLM is still important in abyssea with the rate that MP is expended.

Cool but, all your -dmg gets annihilated by owleyes, for 1 refresh.

I assume you're using spellcast, id still idle in earth/terras, then manually swap in owleyes when not fighting anything. That owleyes is all damage taken +10%, not just physical >_>;
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-01-01 08:39:37
Link | Citer | R

Yes, thank you kind sir for pointing out the difference between DT and PDT to me... >_>

The owleyes really depends on the situation though.

Here's a decent drain/aspir set:

A simple precast set helps too if you have the space for it. I use just the full Teal set and a Veela cape, which gives a -12% reduction on casting

Enfeeb set is a must, hMP set, not so much really. Could just use Plutos and other related gear you already have for it.

For outsid of abyssea... (lol)
hMP set should be just a little more important, and an Elemental enfeeble set (choke, burn, etc etc) is good to have. Just make a set that will reach 150 INT total, or 120 INT if you are incapable of reaching 150
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-01-01 09:44:16
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Yes, thank you kind sir for pointing out the difference between DT and PDT to me... >_>

Ya, np. I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or what. It is rather HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to idle in owleyes any time you're fighting.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-01-01 09:52:46
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:

Ya, np. I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or what. It is rather HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to idle in owleyes any time you're fighting.

I was lol, but I don't have that certain piece anywho. :B

Going on a driving trip nao, won't have Internet for 12 hours!
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-01 10:02:30
Link | Citer | R

Also you could just not swap weapons if you have tp and use the refresh neck instead of owleyes.. since you will be getting a little tp now and then alot
 Ifrit.Jynxy
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Jynxy
By Ifrit.Jynxy 2011-01-01 10:12:52
Link | Citer | R

Dunno if this is relevant to what the thread author is asking but enfeebling is important for BLM!

Not so much anymore inside abyssea but it is still important for solo work.

To be quite honest i'm fairly new with how FFXIAH works and i don't know how to bring gear 'boxes' up so ima just lay it out old school..

Main: Corresponding Elemental Staff/Magian M.Acc Staff
Sub: New enfeebling grip/MND(+)/INT Grips for sticking debuffs.
Ammo: Sturm's report/Tathlum
Head: Igqira Tiara
Neck: Enfeebling/Spider Torque
Body: Wizard's Coat(+1)
Hands: Oracle's Gloves
Legs: Nashira Seraweels (there are other +10 enfeebling options but the magic acc. and haste is nice..i think)
Feet: Avocat Pigaches

That's a pretty simple straight enfeebling/magic. acc. build. For certain debuffs such as Drain/aspir, stun and certain other spells W.Turban is great to macro in alongside swift belt and other haste pieces. This is in no way elite..anymore, but it's a good set and is good until you get the newer pieces, which unfortunately i'm less familiar with so if i missed a big one, feel free to correct me.

Sorry for the long post.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-01-01 10:37:19
Link | Citer | R

This is the nuking set I'm using currently:

There's plenty of room to upgrade, including AF3 legs/body/hands, or Eradico Mitts, Magian Trial staves, JSE/Hecate's/WotG MAB earrings, and higher INT+ rings.

Here's the enfeebling magic set I use:

It features +43 Enfeebling Magic Skill, +17 Magic Accuracy (plus the hidden effect on HQ elemental staves), and -16% spell interruption rate. There's room to grow here, too (Altruistic or Solitaire Cape, Enfeebling Earring and Torque), but it's an effective set.

For "Idle", I use this set:

-29% Physical Damage Taken with +2/tick Auto-Refresh. Most obvious upgrade would be Twilight Torque, and I'm sure there's other things that could be added.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-01 10:51:18
Link | Citer | R

Side note is there advanced rule stuff for twilight cape or just have to add it specifically into your af2 leg section?
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-01-01 10:57:20
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

Idle in owleyes and switch to Terras when you know you are about to get hit? Not really hard lol

My nuke set
Dependant on day switch cape to twilight and obi to elemental obi

I dont use HP enhancements since it would have never saved my life really (yes i pay attention to that) so sorc. ring is triggered 100% of the time.

My idle set

I dont use this when im about to get hit. I use this everytime i dont cast and im not getting hit/kiting. I dont use spellcast

I have other sets too for PDT,Enfeeb etc but too lazy to update them right now
[+]
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-01-01 11:00:42
Link | Citer | R

I personally think that building sets, especially nuke/enfeebing sets, really depends upon your race. Rather, your INT/MND.. I'm Taru, for example, with a 98 Base INT. My nuke build:
Main: Corresponding HQ staff
ammo: Witchstone
head: Teal
Body: Genie
legs: Goeatia +1
rings: Aquilo's/Tamas
earings:Moldy/Snow
back: Goetia/Searing cape
feet: Theurigia clogs
 Alexander.Sumo
Serveur: Alexander
user: sumo
By Alexander.Sumo 2011-01-01 12:18:16
Link | Citer | R

Im wondering what the better nuking cape is for blm between Goetia and Searing. I have both and currently use Goetia. Just curious to see if Searing is worth holding onto.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-01-01 12:23:09
Link | Citer | R

Searing.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-01-01 12:55:23
Link | Citer | R

Maybe I'm missing something, but why are people nuking in aesir torque? Two people have posted nuke gear sets with that equipped.
[+]
Serveur: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-01-01 13:03:11
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kara said:
Maybe I'm missing something, but why are people nuking in aesir torque? Two people have posted nuke gear sets with that equipped.
because its the easyest (and free) neck piece available. the only better ones require gil or people to proc blue for one nm (bakka) just for you and even then its not 100% chance that it will drop.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-01-01 13:05:39
Link | Citer | R

Uggalepih Pendant has been around for years and is pretty cheap now. MAB > elemental magic
[+]
Serveur: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-01-01 13:11:01
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kara said:
Uggalepih Pendant has been around for years and is pretty cheap now. MAB > elemental magic
.... people don't tend to show pendant in "nuking" gear set because that not what you use all the time. You only use pendant when the condtions are right.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-01 13:35:37
Link | Citer | R

Lemegeton Medallion (+1) will give you roughly the same macc as Aesir (non-Darksday) with an extra 4/5 INT.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-01 13:39:37
Link | Citer | R

And feud is pretty cheap... hell phil stole is like 3k if you really can't find something better
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-01-02 07:49:53
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Bahamut.Kara said:
.... people don't tend to show pendant in "nuking" gear set because that not what you use all the time. You only use pendant when the condtions are right.

A basic +int torque is better gear than elemental magic until you hit 51% or less mp and then equip uggalepih pendant. The only reason to throw on elemntal gear is to prevent resists.

To me that is not "nuking" gear. Nuking gear refers to equipment meant to produce the greatest amount of damage. Resist gear implys a balance or elemental magic gear/mab/int.

[+]
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-01-02 07:50:46
Link | Citer | R

Not like you get resisted these days anyway
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-01-02 07:58:36
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kara said:
does uggy mp latent work same as sorc ring from base hp/mp?
hard to tell if its proc'ing with MM/Beyond/Full Moon atmas going

it does go in from spellcast at the >51% tho

edit: my IDLE set

dark ring: PDT-5% Spell Int-5%
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Serveur: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-01-02 08:16:53
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
does uggy mp latent work same as sorc ring from base hp/mp?

From wiki:
Active while MP is less than 51%. This is calculated at the completion of the spell and only includes MP bonuses from visible equipment (Head, Body, Hands, Legs, and Feet) and merits. "Convert HP to MP" effects are not included in this calculation.
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2011-01-02 08:48:34
Link | Citer | R

nukegear. Aptus earring is augmented MAB+2 and diamond ring is augmented INT+2 (total INT+6). currently working on getting hecate's earring D:

enfe set EDIT: snow satchet is INT+2 not STR+2 as stated on ffxiah <.<

Idle/ramdonbuffs set (xcept stoneskin) legs augmented mov speed+ and haste, earring refresh
 Sylph.Elgorian
Serveur: Sylph
user: Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2011-01-03 11:40:30
Link | Citer | R

Just wondering, but I saw a lot of people with Aesir Torque in nuke sets.

Does the Aesir Torque win out over Goetia Chain?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-03 11:44:43
Link | Citer | R

No. Doesn't even beat NQ Lemegeton.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-01-03 11:59:37
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Kogenta said:
nukegear. Aptus earring is augmented MAB+2 and diamond ring is augmented INT+2 (total INT+6). currently working on getting hecate's earring D: enfe set EDIT: snow satchet is INT+2 not STR+2 as stated on ffxiah <.< Idle/ramdonbuffs set (xcept stoneskin) legs augmented mov speed+ and haste, earring refresh
Of all the good bodies to nuke in why are you nuking in Augur?

Am I missing something?
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-01-03 12:02:31
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Ragnarok.Kogenta said:
nukegear. Aptus earring is augmented MAB+2 and diamond ring is augmented INT+2 (total INT+6). currently working on getting hecate's earring D: enfe set EDIT: snow satchet is INT+2 not STR+2 as stated on ffxiah <.< Idle/ramdonbuffs set (xcept stoneskin) legs augmented mov speed+ and haste, earring refresh
Of all the good bodies to nuke in why are you nuking in Augur?

Am I missing something?

I was wondering that too.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6