Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-01-03 19:26:33
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Quipto said:
Asura.Eeek said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Side note is there advanced rule stuff for twilight cape or just have to add it specifically into your af2 leg section?
For nukes, I specifically added the cape to the same section that handles my AF2 pants. For Drain/Aspir/Cures, I added new If Advanced statements that account for the cape. This may or may not work. I haven't tested it. My account got banned due to some sort of billing error over the weekend, so I'm on the phone with SE right now trying to get everything sorted out.
Just add it to the obi section. You would only want to use it with obi's anyway. If you add it to your AF2 legs section, it won't equip it when you have double weather+day.

I wrote my BLM xml from the ground up, and due to my laziness, my xml equips AF2 legs even during double weather+day. I still haven't gone back to fix it, since when I'm bored enough in-game to write/test my xmls, I work on my THF xml.

EDIT: Ok, y'all convinced me to take the 30 seconds to fix the statements which affect Tonban/Zodiac Ring/Twilight Cape. /shame
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-03 19:31:19
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Kogenta said:
Also this ^ Elemental Skill plays a role on calculating resistance or not over a nuke, and at a higher rate than INT or macc, since 1 skill is WAY more than 2 INT or 1 macc.

Incorrect. 1 Skill = 1 Macc = 1 or 2 INT depending on your current dINT.

Quote:
But, i heard it lift the damage cap for spells, dunno if it is true, never tested personally.

Spells don't have a damage cap, see Brew.

Quote:
calculating resistance over the mobs INT.

No such thing. Resistance is a measure of magic accuracy against magic evasion.
[+]
 Cerberus.Quipto
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-01-03 19:43:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eeek said:
Cerberus.Quipto said:
Asura.Eeek said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Side note is there advanced rule stuff for twilight cape or just have to add it specifically into your af2 leg section?
For nukes, I specifically added the cape to the same section that handles my AF2 pants. For Drain/Aspir/Cures, I added new If Advanced statements that account for the cape. This may or may not work. I haven't tested it. My account got banned due to some sort of billing error over the weekend, so I'm on the phone with SE right now trying to get everything sorted out.
Just add it to the obi section. You would only want to use it with obi's anyway. If you add it to your AF2 legs section, it won't equip it when you have double weather+day.
I wrote my BLM xml from the ground up, and due to my laziness, my xml equips AF2 legs even during double weather+day. I still haven't gone back to fix it, since when I'm bored enough in-game to write/test my xmls, I work on my THF xml. EDIT: Ok, y'all convinced me to take the 30 seconds to fix the statements which affect Tonban/Zodiac Ring/Twilight Cape. /shame
Fix how? Twilight cape doesn't work like Tonban. It's bonus stacks on top of the full 35% bonus you can recieve from obi's. So you would want to equip it any time you would have an obi on. I'm not sure how Zodiac works, however, as I don't have it yet to test and I haven't found info if it stacks also or not.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-03 19:46:05
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
It's ***.
I just say the horrible english and the 1skill >>> 2int or 1macc and have to agree
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-01-03 20:21:00
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Quipto said:
Asura.Eeek said:
Cerberus.Quipto said:
Asura.Eeek said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I wrote my BLM xml from the ground up, and due to my laziness, my xml equips AF2 legs even during double weather+day. I still haven't gone back to fix it, since when I'm bored enough in-game to write/test my xmls, I work on my THF xml. EDIT: Ok, y'all convinced me to take the 30 seconds to fix the statements which affect Tonban/Zodiac Ring/Twilight Cape. /shame
Fix how? Twilight cape doesn't work like Tonban. It's bonus stacks on top of the full 35% bonus you can recieve from obi's. So you would want to equip it any time you would have an obi on. I'm not sure how Zodiac works, however, as I don't have it yet to test and I haven't found info if it stacks also or not.

I wasn't aware that you have access to my xml and can see what was wrong and what I fixed! But yes, I plugged Twilight Cape into the wrong spot in my xml. I don't play BLM often, so I just never noticed the problem.

Zodiac Ring works in the same conditions as Tonban. Its effect is weaker though. Zodiac Ring is a 3% bonus as opposed to Tonban's 5% bonus.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-03 20:23:16
Link | Citer | R

Wait so twilight cape lets you go past the 35% cap on weather/day bonus?
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-01-03 20:25:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eeek said:
Cerberus.Quipto said:
Asura.Eeek said:
Cerberus.Quipto said:
Asura.Eeek said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I wasn't aware that you have access to my xml and can see what was wrong and what I fixed! But yes, I plugged Twilight Cape into the wrong spot in my xml. I don't play BLM often, so I just never noticed the problem. Zodiac Ring works in the same conditions as Tonban. Its effect is weaker though. Zodiac Ring is a 3% bonus as opposed to Tonban's 5% bonus.
No, the way you made it sound is why I wanted to make sure, lol.

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Wait so twilight cape lets you go past the 35% cap on weather/day bonus?
And yes, according to my testing on Lightsday in Temenos lobby, it does.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-03 20:29:06
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm guess I should go out and play with it... too bad my rng can't use it too
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-01-03 20:34:25
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Has anyone considered Twilight cloak for those w/o af3+1 body?
No one? really? <.<
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-03 20:36:41
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
No one? really? <.<
Nope. But then I got morri robe... also if we speaking blm there is the dominion one. Hell even morriganas with good head would probably win
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-01-03 20:43:13
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
No one? really? <.<
Nope. But then I got morri robe... also if we speaking blm there is the dominion one. Hell even morriganas with good head would probably win
I personally use Morgana's with Selenian MAB+2 INT+4, but +15 MAB > 10 MAB and 4 INT :| so yes, if you have ***for body and head like me, Twilight would beat it.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-03 20:45:45
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
No one? really? <.<
I personally use Morgana's with Selenian MAB+2 INT+4, but +15 MAB > 10 MAB and 4 INT :| so yes, if you have ***for body and head like me, Twilight would beat it.
Yeah and you know how epic my head is... but really you can get a 6int 2mab head and a 4 int 8 mab body from turning in your trophies. Which ends up being about the same dmg wise but you get more macc
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-03 21:00:45
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Kogenta said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
It's ***.

Like this type of post is, i guess :o
What exactly is that supposed to mean? The idea that ele skill lets you break some damage cap is dead wrong. You know why? Because 1) skill is not factored into damage anywhere in elemental nuking equations and 2) there is no form of damage cap whatsoever on anything higher than a T1 nuke.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-01-03 21:43:55
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
No one? really? <.<
Yeah and you know how epic my head is... but really you can get a 6int 2mab head and a 4 int 8 mab body from turning in your trophies. Which ends up being about the same dmg wise but you get more macc
Yea, I've seen the nifty augments, just not having much luck yet lol
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-03 21:48:17
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
No one? really? <.<
Yea, I've seen the nifty augments, just not having much luck yet lol
We should team up to do some shinryus some time. All I want is robe and dagger now :). Could always use someone for the few blue procs I can't solo.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-01-03 22:16:55
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
We should team up to do some shinryus some time. All I want is robe and dagger now :). Could always use someone for the few blue procs I can't solo.
No Shinryu access yet... lol I was absent all of last week (In Atlanta) when we did Rani and Raja like 50 billion times. Need to give Eru my account info :|
 Ifrit.Maddii
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Maddi
By Ifrit.Maddii 2011-01-04 04:01:16
Link | Citer | R

ok, thx so far. correct me if i understood that right all:

elemental magic skill: only magic accuracy(on elemental spells), doesnt count towards dmg
MAB: only dmg, doesnt countt towards accuracy(towards MDB of course though)
INT: counts toward dmg and mag. accuracy?
 Phoenix.Smileybone
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2011-01-04 04:41:21
Link | Citer | R

Ok so I've briefly looked over some of these sets and I've seen Emp legs +1 a couple of times. Aren't teal legs slightly better then emp legs +1?
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2011-01-04 05:51:38
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Maddii said:
ok, thx so far. correct me if i understood that right all: elemental magic skill: only magic accuracy(on elemental spells), doesnt count towards dmg MAB: only dmg, doesnt countt towards accuracy(towards MDB of course though) INT: counts toward dmg and mag. accuracy?
Correct

And elemental magic skill affects blm damage indirectly, as far as, if you are getting resists, you dont have enough acc to over come the mobs magic evasion, thus lowering your over all damage(hope that makes sense). Although with Abyssea Era, just keeping your skill capped could be enough~
 Valefor.Hayda
Serveur: Valefor
user: Carol
By Valefor.Hayda 2011-01-18 04:03:00
Link | Citer | R

Would +15 M.att from Twilight beat out +10M.att and +13 INT from Morrigan's Robe and RDM AF3+1 Hat? I'm thinking yes but I wanna be sure. I have neither body atm and want to know which I should bother getting. INT is easily capped inside Abyssea but i do a lot of stuff outside of there too. Thanks for your advice.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-01-18 04:48:42
Link | Citer | R

You can't cap INT without Brew
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-01-18 04:52:49
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Hayda said:
Would +15 M.att from Twilight beat out +10M.att and +13 INT from Morrigan's Robe and RDM AF3+1 Hat? I'm thinking yes but I wanna be sure. I have neither body atm and want to know which I should bother getting. INT is easily capped inside Abyssea but i do a lot of stuff outside of there too. Thanks for your advice.

From my understanding, no, the latter would be better because the stuff works like a parabola(I think anyway.)Where max int is one side, max mab the other, and the optimal is in the middle with an x amount of int and mab from the max.

But I'm a language major, don't trust my mathematical understanding heh.
 Valefor.Hayda
Serveur: Valefor
user: Carol
By Valefor.Hayda 2011-01-18 13:41:17
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Finalvegeta said:
True, Was a poor choice of words on my part. I thought about it after I had already shut off my computer lol. I should have said you can get pretty high INT in Abyssea with Minikin and cruor buffs already.
 Asura.Chefm
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2011-01-19 08:44:27
Link | Citer | R

What about atma's ? What atma's r some of you BLM useing with these sets?
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-01-19 08:49:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chefm said:
What about atma's ? What atma's r some of you BLM useing with these sets?

Allure+MM+apoc
Beyond+MM+apoc
Beyond+MM+ultimate (rarely)
Allure+MM+beyond
Rani atma+other haste/fast cast atmas, forogt their names.
MM+Sea daughter+VV/Beyond/allure (for proccing)

Edit: Oh and lately I been using Beyond+MM+Lion
[+]
 Asura.Tavjon
user: Tavjon
By Asura.Tavjon 2011-01-21 02:58:51
Link | Citer | R

People nuking in Aesir torque, augurs body, latent sorcs ring in abyssea and using non mab atmas are doing it wrong
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Sephiel
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Sephiel
By Gilgamesh.Sephiel 2011-01-21 03:26:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tavjon said:

People nuking in Aesir torque, augurs body, latent sorcs ring in abyssea and using non mab atmas are doing it wrong

People having full AF3+2 and not stacking conserve MP on other slots are doing it wrong.

PS: What's with the sorc. ring in Abyss ?..
[+]
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-01-21 04:36:32
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Sephiel said:
Asura.Tavjon said:

People having full AF3+2 and not stacking conserve MP on other slots are doing it wrong.

PS: What's with the sorc. ring in Abyss ?..

Why would you stack conserve MP? Each piece is pretty much best you can get, that's why people use them not just because of the set effect. And yeah what's wrong with the Sorc ring latent? I laugh at people who don't use sorc ring inside abyssea. Are you that bad that you NEED those few extra HP from the enhancement?
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-21 04:47:54
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Finalvegeta said:
For now for now.