Press Against True Free Speach?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Press against true free speach?
Press against true free speach?
First Page 2 3 4
 Fenrir.Mankey
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-12-23 01:36:40
Link | Citer | R

Very scary times to come.
[+]
 Cerberus.Nostylin
Serveur: Cerberus
user: NoStylin
By Cerberus.Nostylin 2010-12-23 02:04:01
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Their not going to speak up. Big brother is threatening them already.
plus a lot of the big newspapers are owned by a lot of guys on top.
Not going to happen. If they try... well they will be crushed.
 Asura.Silvaria
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Silvaria 2010-12-23 02:06:37
Link | Citer | R

Not to be the Grammar Police here, but the headline has the word "speech" spelled incorrectly. ^,^

And yes, the media is against freedom of speech, except for a select few. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out in the long run.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-12-23 06:22:59
Link | Citer | R

of course the Liberal-controlled media is against freedom of speech. If anyone was allowed to say anything they wanted and not get in trouble, everyone from Oprah, to Tyra, to even Judge Judy would speak their mind and potentially piss off lots of people.
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-12-23 06:25:09
Link | Citer | R

Fu said it best!!!
 Phoenix.Excelior
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-23 07:43:08
Link | Citer | R

The thing these people do not realize is that the media IS using their freedom of speech. They expressly do not agree with him and are speaking out against him. The guy is anti-american and the press does not like him. I guess this guy thinks the press should not express any opinion at all ever >.>
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-12-23 07:47:20
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Nostylin said:
Their not going to speak up. Big brother is threatening them already.
this
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-23 07:48:11
Link | Citer | R

Agree completely with that guy.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-23 07:49:02
Link | Citer | R

He's out on bail.

If an actually guy who raped a 14? year old can be set free, he will do fine.
 Cerberus.Nostylin
user: NoStylin
By Cerberus.Nostylin 2010-12-23 07:56:13
Link | Citer | R

a lot of you guys should do some minor research on one news media... it will take 2-3mins and you will discover who owns what >>

Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-23 07:58:28
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Nostylin said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:
Their not going to speak up. Big brother is threatening them already. plus a lot of the big newspapers are owned by a lot of guys on top. Not going to happen. If they try... well they will be crushed.

They already are speaking up lol. They don't approve of him. Gee I wonder, American Companies who don't like anti-american people. Hmm this is a tough one.
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-23 08:03:38
Link | Citer | R

The press doesn't support him because they don't want to be seen as supporting someone popularly caricatured by some as a terrorist or enemy of America. Not necessarily because they disapprove of what he does.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-23 08:07:06
Link | Citer | R

Luz said:
The press doesn't support him because they don't want to be seen as supporting someone popularly caricatured by some as a terrorist or enemy of America. Not necessarily because they disapprove of what he does.

Do you KNOW that or are you guessing? I have a feeling a lot of them disprove. Of course I am guessing as well. In any case they are exercising their freedom of speech.
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-23 08:10:57
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Luz said:

Do you KNOW that or are you guessing? I have a feeling a lot of them disprove. Of course I am guessing as well. In any case they are exercising their freedom of speech.
Even if some in the media approved it wouldn't make sense to show support for Assange when popular figures and government officials refer to him as a terrorist or criminal. What the media thinks about him is irrelevant because there are no apparent supporters for him which shows that either they all disapprove or they don't want to be perceived as supporting a supposed enemy of America.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-23 08:14:48
Link | Citer | R

Julian will be fine guys.
Promise.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-23 08:20:51
Link | Citer | R

Luz said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Luz said:
Even if some in the media approved it wouldn't make sense to show support for Assange when popular figures and government officials refer to him as a terrorist or criminal. What the media thinks about him is irrelevant because there are no apparent supporters for him which shows that either they all disapprove or they don't want to be perceived as supporting a supposed enemy of America.

Then welcome to freedom of speech lol.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-23 21:42:19
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Nostylin said:

a lot of you guys should do some minor research on one news media... it will take 2-3mins and you will discover who owns what >>

that video is horrible and slanted to hell.
:/

first rule when you try to convince someone of something:
don't talk down to them, it will make them question your logic.
the only part i found interesting was the audio bit from the 60's but the rest of the mismatched power-point display deserves to be in it's rightful place. the garbage.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-23 21:50:14
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Mankey said:
<HappyTime Video> Very scary times to come.

Good stuff, I can't stand all this ***being slung at Assange, and if they were really concerned about the leaks in the first place, they'd find out how it was sourced and deal with it from there.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-23 21:52:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Catastrophe said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Luz said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Luz said:
Lol. Rhetoric is not journalism. You can have an opinion on someone, but redefining labels for a reason to imprison someone is immoral.

Morality is subjective. The point is the media has chosen their stance and it was their CHOICE. That is called freedom. The only reason people question it is because the idea of supporting america these days is just omgwtfbbq. There are too many momma's boys in the basement who have never seen the light of day posting about how horrible and evil america is, and how much people should get screwed for being so evil. Zomg shocker; American companies don't hate America.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-23 21:58:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Catastrophe said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Luz said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Luz said:
Lol. Rhetoric is not journalism. You can have an opinion on someone, but redefining labels for a reason to imprison someone is immoral.
Morality is subjective. The point is the media has chosen their stance and it was their CHOICE. That is called freedom. The only reason people question it is because the idea of supporting america these days is just omgwtfbbq. There are too many momma's boys in the basement who have never seen the light of day posting about how horrible and evil america is, and how much people should get screwed for being so evil. Zomg shocker; American companies don't hate America.
Just because I don't like your opinion, doesn't mean I don't support your right to have it. You should be of anything supportive. This is "freedom".

I didn't express an opinion on the issue. I think we're missunderstanding each other.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-23 22:05:21
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:

the media should not have a stance in this first place.

their stance first and foremost should be reporting the news without the bias.
but that's not how it is even though it supposedly used to be at one point and time in America.

somewhere down the line it became more of a matter of them spouting their personal opinions(or the opinions of others) on the matter creating this political mess in the first place.
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-23 22:06:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Catastrophe said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Luz said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Luz said:
Just because I don't like your opinion, doesn't mean I don't support your right to have it. You should be of anything supportive. This is "freedom".
I didn't express an opinion on the issue. I think we're missunderstanding each other.
Phoenix.Excelior said:
The guy is anti-american and the press does not like him.
Merely an assumption, but stating him as being Anti-american I would say is extremely inaccurate. That's what I'm disagreeing with.

Ahh ok sorry lol.

How do you view him then? I guess Anti-American may be the wrong way to say it; anti-government may be better.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-23 22:08:45
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ahh ok sorry lol.

How do you view him then? I guess Anti-American may be the wrong way to say it; anti-government may be better.
anti-cloak&dagger would be even better!
By Artemicion 2010-12-23 22:09:22
Link | Citer | R

The only thing that really bugs me in America is lobbyists.
It's basically legalized bribing :(
[+]
By Artemicion 2010-12-23 22:10:08
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:

the media should not have a stance in this first place.

their stance first and foremost should be reporting the news without the bias.
but that's not how it is even though it supposedly used to be at one point and time in America.

Aye, nobody really gives out legitimate information anymore.
It's all aimed and directed at the best interest of shareholders now.

This is why IMO Assange is a hero. Totally flipped that trend on its back and slapped conventional media in the face.
[+]
By Artemicion 2010-12-23 22:13:39
Link | Citer | R

A man with the right mindset and the courage to do what many wouldn't in fear of repercussions.
But it would be nice if he could fly or shoot lazer beams from his eyes.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4