Press Against True Free Speach?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Press against true free speach?
Press against true free speach?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-23 22:14:21
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
A man with the right mindset and the courage to do what many wouldn't in fear of repercussions.
But it would be nice if he could fly or shoot lazer beams from his eyes.
i honestly think you are just building him up to be more than what he actually is.
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
Serveur: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-12-23 22:14:36
Link | Citer | R

Aye. Too bad he's a pedophile.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-23 22:15:42
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:

Morality is subjective. The point is the media has chosen their stance and it was their CHOICE. That is called freedom. The only reason people question it is because the idea of supporting america these days is just omgwtfbbq. There are too many momma's boys in the basement who have never seen the light of day posting about how horrible and evil america is, and how much people should get screwed for being so evil. Zomg shocker; American companies don't hate America.
the media should not have a stance in this first place.

their stance first and foremost should be reporting the news without the bias.
but that's not how it is even though it supposedly used to be at one point and time in America.

Aye, nobody really gives out legitimate information anymore.
It's all aimed and directed at the best interest of shareholders now.

This is why IMO Assange is a hero. Totally flipped that trend on its back and slapped conventional media in the face.
I wouldn't say that much...lol
Assange is just a man, he would tell you the same.
wikileaks is a cooperative effort.
the same as when a president is blamed for so many things in the country.
it's a group effort!

edit: reposted this cuz it got paged and i felt it was a decent point to illustrate.
By Artemicion 2010-12-23 22:15:57
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Artemicion said:
A man with the right mindset and the courage to do what many wouldn't in fear of repercussions.
i honestly think you are just building him up to be more than what he actually is.

What do you think your average person with access to said information would have done?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-23 22:16:07
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oddin said:
Aye. Too bad he's a pedophile.
accused pedophile*
accusations make the world go round!
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-23 22:16:39
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Artemicion said:

What do you think your average person with access to said information would have done?
what do you think that "your average person" is?
i'd imagine he was in the right time and place, nothing more nothing less.
identifying him as some super-figure is just childish :/
it's the same as sensationalizing him as a terrorist.
or calling him a racist without proper recourse of a trial and so on so forth.
calling our judgments without knowing the facts(mind you the facts touted by the media might not be what the facts really are in entirety :P) is not a great thing to do(this last part was in regards to the rapist stuff)
By Artemicion 2010-12-23 22:17:11
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:

wikileaks is a cooperative effort.
the same as when a president is blamed for so many things in the country.
it's a group effort!

Ah yes, I just say his name since he's in the limelight. But I guess what I'm saying is there are too few people with the courage to get information where it belongs rather than have it mucked up by corporate owned media.
By Artemicion 2010-12-23 22:18:35
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:

I guess they wouldn't be so average if they had access to first hand information. Since everything we get is like a really bad, biased, covered up mess of a telephone game.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-23 22:20:41
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

I guess they wouldn't be so average if they had access to first hand information. Since everything we get is like a really bad, biased, covered up mess of a telephone game.
who says he(and wikileaks) didn't have to wade through that to get where he is today:P

i'm going to reserve my judgement on the impact of what they have done for when more information is released though.

By Artemicion 2010-12-23 22:21:39
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Artemicion said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

who says he didn't have to wade through that :P

Well ***.
Just like how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop; the world may never know :<
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-23 22:28:41
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Artemicion said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

who says he didn't have to wade through that :P

Well ***.
Just like how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop; the world may never know :<
i think they figured that one out.

i think by nature(maybe it's due to social constructs or just our general psychology. psychology makes more sense. we keep what is good or what is bad and make an assumption of how a person is based on what we remember and that pretty much creates our own mental image of the person, the less we know about the person the easier it'd be to idolize i'd imagine) we have the tendency to idolize(demonize as well) those who are in the limelight...not always the best thing to do.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-12-23 22:32:10
Link | Citer | R

There's still the question of whether or not this stuff ought to be publice. I would bet that some yes, some no. So that leads to the question does the reward of having the good known outweigh the cost of having what ought to be secret be exposed?

Ideally, that's one of the reasons why we select people to decide these kinds of things.

Weird that 90+% of elected officials, I wouldn't trust to water my houseplants.
[+]
By Artemicion 2010-12-23 22:32:55
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Terminus said:
There's still the question of whether or not this stuff ought to be publice. I would bet that some yes, some no. So that leads to the question does the reward of having the good known outweigh the cost of having what ought to be secret be exposed?

Ideally, that's one of the reasons why we select people to decide these kinds of things.

I don't trust my moogle to take care of my plants ;/
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-23 22:36:04
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Terminus said:

even if all the names got redacted to the nth degree?
weirdly enough only reason i know it is that i was stoned and flipped it on cspan one day and actually sat and watched the roundtable of conjecture overwhelmed with opinion.

what do you suppose we should do if they aren't doing their jobs correctly?
leak information perhaps?
we already know they aren't doing their job correctly since the leak happened in the first place among other things.
that's how it happened in the first place though.
security of information was lax as hell enough for an army major to leak these documents in the first place.
i agree with you to an extent about the elected officials though.
but i'd imagine they wouldn't really cause harm to a houseplant though :D
 Phoenix.Excelior
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-23 22:36:40
Link | Citer | R

I don't see how it's even a debate on this guy's character. The information was classified and it was obtained illegally. How is that journalism? That is criminal conduct. As far as I know the REAL media opperates within the constraint of the law. Regardless of who he got the info from it was not theirs to give out. I think people are heralding a scum bag as a hero.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-23 22:38:37
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
I don't see how it's even a debate on this guy's character. The information was classified and it was obtained illegally. How is that journalism? That is criminal conduct. As far as I know the REAL media opperates within the constraint of the law. Regardless of who he got the info from it was not theirs to give out. I think people are heralding a scum bag as a hero.
criminal conduct?
what exactly did wikileaks do that is "criminal"?
mind you this is an organization that is not based in america.
wikileaks has released the LEAST amount of information in comparison to any other large media group.
they were released this information and RELEASED it.
why are we not prosecuting them?
because they piggiebacked the release with the government even after being advised to not do so?
one news outlet was definetly going to release it, so the other two had to man up and release it as well to keep up essentially.

so it seems kind of silly to tout this organization as something criminal when they provided the documents for conventional news to handle(and they redacted and held back a lot of information, but not as much as wikileaks)

or at least that's what the people who did the reporting for each of the organizations were saying on cspan :/

but don't feel bad, they have assange placed as a patsy christ just so they could get an excuse to release the information unencumbered in the case of his demise or imprisonment.
By Artemicion 2010-12-23 22:39:07
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:

Real media isn't even registered as a business purpose of news. Many change their modus operandi to "entrainment" as to ditch the red tape and investigations/repercussions of essentially feeding ***.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-23 22:43:42
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Real media isn't even registered as a business purpose of news. Many change their modus operandi to "entrainment" as to ditch the red tape and investigations/repercussions of essentially feeding ***.

Well being full of ***is LEGAL. I hope it is at least.. or I am ***. Gleen Beck doesn't actually steal federal documents when he lies about ***.

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
criminal conduct? what exactly did wikileaks do that is "criminal"? mind you this is an organization that is not based in america.

The person who gave assange the documents broke the law. Assange possess property of the federal government of the united states illegally. The guy who gave assange the documents SHOULD be charge with treason, but he won't be. Assange himself is an enemy of the United States. He should be in G-bay with other terrorists. There is no logical, or friendly interpretation of what he did. He ATTACKED the US government through espionage.

By Artemicion 2010-12-23 22:46:53
Link | Citer | R

This "attack" is only considered one because of the stupidity of those exploited need some form to save face after *** up and getting fragile information in the open.

In most cases, someone up above would have been asked to retire.
But instead they have a lovely scapegoat, especially thanks to several attorneys that convinced several ladies to press rape charges at such a convenient time.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-23 22:48:07
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
The person who gave assange the documents broke the law. Assange possess property of the federal government of the united states illegally. The guy who gave assange the documents SHOULD be charge with treason, but he won't be. Assange himself is an enemy of the United States. He should be in G-bay with other terrorists. There is no logical, or friendly interpretation of what he did. He ATTACKED the US government through espionage.

the guy who gave assange the documents is in prison.
assange himself is as figurehead of an organization.
i'm pretty sure he is there because most people want a figurehead they can root for or hate.
how exactly is he a terrorist when the other media organizations did the same as him?
can you make a logical argument to this or are you going to ignore it and go on another rant?

in case you didn't read my previous post(doing this since you ignored it in your reply):
Quote:
wikileaks has released the LEAST amount of information in comparison to any other large media group.
they were released this information and RELEASED it.
why are we not prosecuting them?
because they piggiebacked the release with the government even after being advised to not do so?
one news outlet was definetly going to release it, so the other two had to man up and release it as well to keep up essentially.

so it seems kind of silly to tout this organization as something criminal when they provided the documents for conventional news to handle(and they redacted and held back a lot of information, but not as much as wikileaks)

or at least that's what the people who did the reporting for each of the organizations were saying on cspan :/

but don't feel bad, they have assange placed as a patsy christ just so they could get an excuse to release the information unencumbered in the case of his demise or imprisonment.

say something to that rather than more ranting and maybe we can have a discussion again?
By Artemicion 2010-12-23 22:48:59
Link | Citer | R

On a side note: I don't see the need or purpose of rate downs here.
If you disagree, feel free to open up and discuss your point of view on why you agree/disagree. Cowardice is counter-productive and unintellectual.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-23 22:49:26
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
This "attack" is only considered one because of the stupidity of those exploited need some form to save face after *** up and getting fragile information in the open. In most cases, someone up above would have been asked to retire. But instead they have a lovely scapegoat, especially thanks to several attorneys that convinced several ladies to press rape charges at such a convenient time.

I don't care how he got them. He has them illegally, and not for positive reasons. The guy is an enemy of the US. I also don't see how you can defend him. Do you hate your country? I mean regardless of who *** up it compromises the lives of innocent men and women.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-23 22:50:55
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
If you disagree, feel free to open up and discuss your point of view on why you agree/disagree. Cowardice is counter-productive and unintellectual.
i don't see the purpose of making a post about rating down, but i do see a purpose of questioning your purpose to make this post^
amusement.

i'll be waiting on a response excel, if i dont' reply that's probably due to me doing something else and continuing to enjoy my night :D
you have fun too if we don't chat more!
By Artemicion 2010-12-23 22:51:06
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Artemicion said:
This "attack" is only considered one because of the stupidity of those exploited need some form to save face after *** up and getting fragile information in the open. In most cases, someone up above would have been asked to retire. But instead they have a lovely scapegoat, especially thanks to several attorneys that convinced several ladies to press rape charges at such a convenient time.

I don't care how he got them. He has them illegally, and not for positive reasons. The guy is an enemy of the US. I also don't see how you can defend him. Do you hate your country? I mean regardless of who *** up it compromises the lives of innocent men and women.

The thing is, he obtained information in the same manner regular media outlets do. The only difference is this one happened to be factual and quite sensitive instead of mucked up by "elected officials" to give out their interpretation on information.
Second-third-fourth-fifth etc. hand information doesn't really do anyone good, especially if it comes from sources we already know are lying or just unreliable in general.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-12-23 22:51:56
Link | Citer | R

By Artemicion 2010-12-23 22:52:18
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Artemicion said:
i don't see the purpose of making a post about rating down, but i do see a purpose of questioning your purpose to make this post^
amusement.

A minor pet peeve of mine. We're in open debate; if one takes the effort to down-rate (which I would assume is a disagreement to said post), then at least live up to your claim by explaining why in an intellectual and productive manner.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-23 22:54:35
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Artemicion said:
amusement.

A minor pet peeve of mine. We're in open debate; if one takes the effort to down-rate (which I would assume is a disagreement to said post), then at least live up to your claim by explaining why in an intellectual and productive manner.
why interrupt the discussion with something irrelevant to the conversation at hand if you are so immersed in it?

if it bothers ya, rate it up and go on :D

you are just letting them get to you by bitching about it in the first place :/
By Artemicion 2010-12-23 22:54:59
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Artemicion said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Artemicion said:
amusement.

why interrupt the discussion with something irrelevant to the conversation at hand if you are so immersed in it?

if it bothers ya, rate it up and go on :D

Hence, side note.
After all, we're waiting on Exc's reply.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-23 22:56:15
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Artemicion said:
The thing is, he obtained information in the same manner regular media outlets do. The only difference is this one happened to be factual and quite sensitive instead of mucked up by "elected officials" to give out their interpretation on information. Second-third-fourth-fifth etc. hand information doesn't really do anyone good, especially if it comes from sources we already know are lying or just unreliable in general.

Well then by logic if your friend steals a car and you buy it from him you aren't driving a stolen vehicle. Did Assange NOT KNOW it was real information?