Don't Ask, Don't Tell Repealed

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Don't Ask, Don't Tell Repealed
Don't Ask, Don't Tell Repealed
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-12-18 17:36:53
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
they just wanna get their point across.
what is that? that death has to be pretty or something?
this seems like a KFH exaggeration if you ask me :P
its not that they die, is HOW they die. Besides, it gives the guys who are left alive a story to tell.
 Phoenix.Oumura
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-12-18 18:12:42
Link | Citer | R

This is very good news. Its nice to know that our generation/future generations are capable of influencing change like this. (Even individuals from earlier generations as well.) My only worry is that for those who do come out, whether or not they will continue to be treated well amongst their peers in the military. Then again, I suppose thats not much different than any other social setting where people exercise caution when needed.

In any case, its a very nice step in a great direction.
 Phoenix.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-18 19:00:02
Link | Citer | R

Too bad that homosexuals and blacks are responsible for 51% of all AIDs cases. Anyways, good for them, one step in the right direction etc. I think the community will be on it's way to equality when they get the above mentioned item fixed.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-12-18 19:02:18
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Too bad that homosexuals and blacks are responsible for 51% of all AIDs cases.

The *** does that have to do with the topic at hand?
By Lieniite 2010-12-18 19:05:03
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Too bad that homosexuals and blacks are responsible for 51% of all AIDs cases. Anyways, good for them, one step in the right direction etc. I think the community will be on it's way to equality when they get the above mentioned item fixed.

obvious troll is obvious
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Serveur: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-12-18 19:05:11
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:

You don't know Excelior very well, do you?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-12-18 19:08:05
Link | Citer | R

Oh I've read his posts before but it's surprising how much dumber he looks with every single post.
 Ragnarok.Slade
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Slade 2010-12-18 19:08:59
Link | Citer | R

gay people are too emotional for the army
[+]
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-18 19:11:31
Link | Citer | R

Pretending that discrimination against gays in the military is very rare doesn't take away the fact that it is still a discriminatory policy that is endorsed by a government that is not supposed to discriminate. This has nothing to do with Native Americans and that you call this legislation a waste is *** pathetic. This is called progress, LGBT got their turn first, maybe Native Americans will get something down the road. Saying this is a waste because they didn't get their legislation first is unbelievable.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-18 19:13:33
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:

It depends on what you consider the topic at hand. Is the topic at hand equality for gays (the reason behind repealing DADT) or simply the repealing of DADT (simply a means without an end). Obviously the point is to create an enviroment that the gay community can live in and be equal, in all aspects of life. However, just this year the problem with aids has resurfaced. The studies found the issue to be largely localized within the gay and black community. Let me ask you, if gays and blacks are suffering from this more than any other group of people than how is that equal? How is that fair, and what steps is the government taking to fix that issue? An issue that is clearly more important than DADT.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-12-18 19:20:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Catastrophe said:
Well, a good military loophole has been closed.

And yes, I know people who have exploited DADT to get out of military service when the wars started.

hahahahahaha

anyways just handle yourself and you wont get into problems.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-12-18 19:32:07
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:

It depends on what you consider the topic at hand. Is the topic at hand equality for gays (the reason behind repealing DADT) or simply the repealing of DADT (simply a means without an end). Obviously the point is to create an enviroment that the gay community can live in and be equal, in all aspects of life. However, just this year the problem with aids has resurfaced. The studies found the issue to be largely localized within the gay and black community. Let me ask you, if gays and blacks are suffering from this more than any other group of people than how is that equal? How is that fair, and what steps is the government taking to fix that issue? An issue that is clearly more important than DADT.
iirc you are a fan of small government. So I'm gonna go ahead and call BS on you being concerned that the gov. isn't fixing the AIDS issue in gay and black communities. More likely you're trying to find something to hate in this ... good luck dude.
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-18 19:32:57
Link | Citer | R

Don't feed the troll

*sigh*
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-12-18 19:38:20
Link | Citer | R

ok, now that the congratulations have passed, lets close this thread.
[+]
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-18 19:39:23
Link | Citer | R

*** see what happens when you feed trolls? >_>
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-18 19:40:25
Link | Citer | R

Luz said:

Dude if you aren't intelligent enough to see that I am supporting gays in the above post than that's your issue.
[+]
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-18 19:43:02
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Luz said:

Dude if you aren't intelligent enough to see that I am supporting gays in the above post than that's your issue.

You're contributing nothing to the discussion of DADT other than "Issues that people have to learn to deal with without government intervention are more important than issues that the government should get involved with."

If people don't want to have safe sex, that is their problem. If they don't want to live healthy lifestyles, that is their own problem. If someone came along and suggested the government did more to promote safe sex and healthy eating, you'd be all over it saying that the government should stfu. You're trolling and nobody buys that you actually give a ***about the topic at hand.
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-18 19:45:34
Link | Citer | R

Luz said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Luz said:
You're contributing nothing to the discussion of DADT other than "Issues that people have to learn to deal with without government intervention are more important than issues that the government should get involved with." If people don't want to have safe sex, that is their problem. If they don't want to live healthy lifestyles, that is their own problem. If someone came along and suggested the government did more to promote safe sex and healthy eating, you'd be all over it saying that the government should stfu. You're trolling and nobody buys that you actually give a ***about the topic at hand.

Actually, you still haven't understood the post. I never once addressed big or small government.

Maybe I am not convinced you actually give a ***about the topic at hand and I do not give a ***what you post? Maybe you should shut the *** up as well. =)

My point:

That gays were legitimate before this repeal, and are after this repeal. The repeal DID NOT CHANGE ANYTHING. Now let's solve real problems, and not petty issues.
[+]
 Asura.Akiako
Serveur: Asura
user: Sukozu
By Asura.Akiako 2010-12-18 19:47:33
Link | Citer | R

When are you going to stop harping over black people Excelior? Did one "steal" a job from you? Black guy *** your girlfriend? Did one insult your microscopic penis size? I highly doubt the NAACP impacts your life in any negative way, given the amount of time you spend between being an idiot on these forums and playing FFXI.

By the way, AIDS is not spelled 'AIDs.'
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-18 19:50:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Akiako said:
When are you going to stop harping over black people Excelior? Did one "steal" a job from you? Black guy *** your girlfriend? Did one insult your microscopic penis size? I highly doubt the NAACP impacts your life in any negative way, given the amount of time you spend between being an idiot on these forums and playing FFXI. By the way, AIDS is not spelled 'AIDs.'

I no longer play ffxi, I am also on the black student alliance at my college. I just happen to think the NACCP is a detrimental organization that no longer strives to promote equality for people. Instead it focuses on division and dividing people. I am sorry you disagree, but clearly "umad".
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-12-18 19:51:06
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
ok, now that the congratulations have passed, lets close this thread.
[+]