Don't Ask, Don't Tell Repealed

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Don't Ask, Don't Tell Repealed
Don't Ask, Don't Tell Repealed
 Sylph.Eurra
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Eurra
By Sylph.Eurra 2010-12-18 16:31:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bluespoons said:
Andylynn said:
not to be depressing debbie, but i personally think this whole situation was a stupid one to begin with. if someone is a homosexual in the military they should keep it to themselves, its no ones business what they do in the bedroom (so long as its legal of course.) to me, the whole LGBT community needs to calm down with the whole oppressed minority act; they should try walking in the shoes of a group like the native americans of the US who are treated like 2nd hand citizens. (the govt can even refuse to recognize your tribes existance... at least LGBT are recognized as an accepted life tyle for the most part..)

Native Americans are allowed to get married and are allowed to adopt kids. Gay people don't get to do either of those things. (the adoption thing in some cases)

Not to ruin a piece of that statement, but that statement is iffy depending where one lives. I could give a list of laws expressing why, but this has nothing to do with the topic of the thread. The comment you replied to was obviously ranting and did a poor comparison without reflecting given facts to what they were saying.

On the other side, to actually contribute to this thread myself -I am glad to see this hopefully pass, (which as stated, likely will next week). I know a few people who were removed from service because of the DADT.
[+]
By Andylynn 2010-12-18 16:37:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bluespoons said:
Andylynn said:
not to be depressing debbie, but i personally think this whole situation was a stupid one to begin with. if someone is a homosexual in the military they should keep it to themselves, its no ones business what they do in the bedroom (so long as its legal of course.) to me, the whole LGBT community needs to calm down with the whole oppressed minority act; they should try walking in the shoes of a group like the native americans of the US who are treated like 2nd hand citizens. (the govt can even refuse to recognize your tribes existance... at least LGBT are recognized as an accepted life tyle for the most part..)
Native Americans are allowed to get married and are allowed to adopt kids. Gay people don't get to do either of those things. (the adoption thing in some cases)
that isnt true, for one the actual marriage ceremonies ae legal in 8 states, californias recent BAN on it was deemed unconstitutional, and commonlaws between domestic partnerships are recognized in the US.

LGBT couples have been adopting for years as well, and like ive said are able to skip some of the screenings heteros go through in some places. they arent oppressed at all. point is, i think the law is a waste of legislation, time and energy... much like alot of the pointless laws that go into effect.
[+]
 Asura.Bluespoons
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Bluespoons 2010-12-18 16:41:01
Link | Citer | R

I said some cases for adoption, I should have said marriage as well.

Yes, they can get married in some states, but where are Native Americans banned form getting married?

Two of my best friends are gay and were denied the little girl they were trying to adopt because of it. And yes, they were told it was because they were gay. How are gays not oppressed?
[+]
By Andylynn 2010-12-18 16:44:30
Link | Citer | R

one anecdote doesnt really break the status quo of a generally upcoming and accepted lifestyle in the world. real oppression is much like what happened to the irish, the blacks, or native americans in the earlier times of the US. dont really hear about gays being lynched, or told their heritage doesnt exist because it interferes with commercial interest, etc... quit going off topic.

when a gay is denied his own heritage because the government says you arent a real people, then somethings wrong.
[+]
 Sylph.Eurra
By Sylph.Eurra 2010-12-18 16:45:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bluespoons said:

Yes, they can get married in some states, but where are Native Americans banned form getting married?

Like I said, really depends on where you live.

Right around here, where I live (wont tell where, rules of the board and all) natives aren't even allowed drivers licenses, unless they can prove dual citizenship. And yes, this is the US I am talking about.
[+]
 Asura.Bluespoons
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Bluespoons 2010-12-18 16:49:46
Link | Citer | R

http://articles.cnn.com/2009-10-12/justice/new.york.beating.arrest_1_anti-gay-hatred-and-bigotry-hate?_s=PM:CRIME

One of the MANY gays beaten/killed for being gay. Because more blacks or indians suffered, gay people aren't lynched or opressed?

You're insane. I'm not replying to your *** rants again.
[+]
 Sylph.Eurra
By Sylph.Eurra 2010-12-18 16:51:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bluespoons said:

http://articles.cnn.com/2009-10-12/justice/new.york.beating.arrest_1_anti-gay-hatred-and-bigotry-hate?_s=PM:CRIME

One of the MANY gays beaten/killed for being gay. Because more blacks or indians suffered, gay people aren't lynched or opressed?

You're insane. I'm not replying to your *** rants again.

Told you it was a rant lol...

Lets see if I fixed your link for you...
[+]
By Andylynn 2010-12-18 16:56:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bluespoons said:
http://articles.cnn.com/2009-10-12/justice/new.york.beating.arrest_1_anti-gay-hatred-and-bigotry-hate?_s=PM:CRIME One of the MANY gays beaten/killed for being gay. Because more blacks or indians suffered, gay people aren't lynched or opressed? You're insane. I'm not replying to your *** rants again.
like i said, one anecdote doesnt really change the status quo. last i checked, gays were normal ,regular humans like me or you. i dont get what you're accusing me of ranting about, just saying it shouldnt matter what orientation you are in the workplace, nor does anyone wanna know. you dont see straight guys going around bragging about it. 'IM OPENLY INTO WOMEN LOL, DOES THIS MATTER TO YOU?' average guy: not really, go away.
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-12-18 16:58:59
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
I wasn't saying you hate gays Neon, and I don't understand why you quoted it twice.

I guess you misunderstood me. I was just agreeing with you.
[+]
 Leviathan.Ejin
Serveur: Leviathan
user: EjinXI
By Leviathan.Ejin 2010-12-18 17:00:05
Link | Citer | R

We have an abundance of problems in the U.S. but we're going to focus on repealing a bill that actually keeps people safe in the military.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-18 17:05:40
Link | Citer | R

Andylynn said:
Asura.Bluespoons said:
http://articles.cnn.com/2009-10-12/justice/new.york.beating.arrest_1_anti-gay-hatred-and-bigotry-hate?_s=PM:CRIME One of the MANY gays beaten/killed for being gay. Because more blacks or indians suffered, gay people aren't lynched or opressed? You're insane. I'm not replying to your *** rants again.
like i said, one anecdote doesnt really change the status quo. last i checked, gays were normal ,regular humans like me or you. i dont get what you're accusing me of ranting about, just saying it shouldnt matter what orientation you are in the workplace, nor does anyone wanna know. you dont see straight guys going around bragging about it. 'IM OPENLY INTO WOMEN LOL, DOES THIS MATTER TO YOU?' average guy: not really, go away.
is this whole "one anecdote" thing your magical catch all phrase or something this time around?
your opinion has been proven unconstitutional many times, so you can go on being a bigot, apparently you feel you are correct even when you are proven wrong in all intents and purposes.
i feel sorry for you.
you obviously haven't been around more than one male individual for a long period of time to know what guys talk about so I don't really think you know much of anything.
[+]
 Bahamut.Nixak
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Nixak
By Bahamut.Nixak 2010-12-18 17:08:17
Link | Citer | R

Andylynn said:
you dont see straight guys going around bragging about it. 'IM OPENLY INTO WOMEN LOL, DOES THIS MATTER TO YOU?'

Last I checked in my work place the guys talk about how much pussy they get, or that girls ***, or other ***like that is nothing more then a person stating there sexual preference. So yeah, straight guys brag about their sexual orientation.

[+]
By Andylynn 2010-12-18 17:10:16
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Andylynn said:
Asura.Bluespoons said:
is this whole "one anecdote" thing your magical catch all phrase or something this time around? your opinion has been proven unconstitutional many times, so you can go on being a bigot, apparently you feel you are correct even when you are proven wrong in all intents and purposes. i feel sorry for you.
ait what..? i dont even? look, just because you have a grudge from last night doesnt mean you need to get your knickers in a twist over it today. opinions cant be made 'unconstitutional' opinions arent laws, nor have i made a single inflammatory comment against homosexuality. you just have a petty vendetta you want to take out on me over a disagreement that is totally irrelevant. grow up.

i didnt know real life was high school, where i work we actually respect women, and not refer to them as notches in our belt.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-18 17:11:09
Link | Citer | R

Andylynn said:
ait what..? i dont even? look, just because you have a grudge from last night doesnt mean you need to get your knickers in a twist over it today. opinions cant be made 'unconstitutional' opinions arent laws, nor have i made a single inflammatory comment against homosexuality. you just have a petty vendetta you want to take out on me over a disagreement that is totally irrelevant. grow up.
of couuuuuurse you think that it's all about something you said yesterday.
you are so full of yourself.
you obviously don't know how the real world works, so keep on living in your deluded fantasy life.
[+]
By Andylynn 2010-12-18 17:12:31
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Andylynn said:
of couuuuuurse you think that it's all about something you said yesterday. you are so full of yourself. you don't know how the real world works, so keep on living in your deluded fantasy life.
you're obviously butthurt over that thread last night, now quit acting like a child over it.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-12-18 17:14:36
Link | Citer | R

now America's enemies can see the progress we're making when rainbow-colored army gear starts moving about the cities.
[+]
By Andylynn 2010-12-18 17:15:25
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Andylynn said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Andylynn said:
of couuuuuurse you think that it's all about something you said yesterday. you are so full of yourself. you don't know how the real world works, so keep on living in your deluded fantasy life.
you're obviously butthurt over that thread last night, now quit acting like a child over it.
more of you being full of yourself. it's not like i have a personal connection to this topic or anything. hell i could even be gay for all you know you dipshit.
now you're just being ridiculous, good bye. edit: looking at my posts, my S key is *** up lol
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-18 17:15:26
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
now America's enemies can see the progress we're making when rainbow-colored army gear starts moving about the cities.
lol just the national guard and the navy :P
[+]
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Serveur: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-12-18 17:15:35
Link | Citer | R

J is the biggest forum troll!
He new starting this topic would lead to this!

I see the true Jaerik!
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-12-18 17:16:10
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
lol just the national guard and the navy :P
I can already picture the sing-alongs when they're bored.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-18 17:16:20
Link | Citer | R

Andylynn said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Andylynn said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Andylynn said:
more of you being full of yourself. it's not like i have a personal connection to this topic or anything. hell i could even be gay for all you know you dipshit.
now you're jut being ridiculous, good bye.
wahhhhh gays weren't served with as much injustice as racial issues waaaaaah.
apparently it only has to be a race issue for it to be a real issue right? see ya later you bigot.
[+]
By Andylynn 2010-12-18 17:18:30
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
J is the biggest forum troll! He new starting this topic would lead to this! I see the true Jaerik!
nahhhhh V is just upset over a thread from yesterday and is rehashing a shitstorm for no reason.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-18 17:19:30
Link | Citer | R

Andylynn said:
Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
J is the biggest forum troll! He new starting this topic would lead to this! I see the true Jaerik!
nahhhhh V is just upset over a thread from yesterday and is rehashing a shitstorm for no reason.
you are really that full of yourself aren't you?
i have to have it out to get you if I disagree with you on something right?
be happy with your tinfoil hat and bigoted opinions.

[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-12-18 17:20:17
Link | Citer | R

how embarrassing would it be to get blown to bits by that?
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-18 17:21:19
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

i'm pretty sure it'd be just as embarrassing getting blown up by a normal colored one.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-12-18 17:21:56
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

i'm pretty sure it'd be just as embarrassing getting blown up by a normal colored one.
but it shoots pretty pink mortar shells with kissy faces painted on them.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-18 17:22:37
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

does it really?
that seems a bit excessive.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-12-18 17:25:00
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

does it really?
that seems a bit excessive.
they just wanna get their point across.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-18 17:25:57
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
they just wanna get their point across.
what is that? that death has to be pretty or something?
this seems like a KFH exaggeration if you ask me :P
[+]