Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » noob sam seeking advice
noob sam seeking advice
By Andylynn 2010-12-16 06:11:34
Link | Citer | R

bump!

STP+10 GK, enough stp for 20.3 tp per hit, 19% haste. i've got capped acc w/o cruor buffs or RR. thinking of switching body but not sure to what. what else should i work on?
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-12-16 06:31:21
Link | Citer | R

Andylynn said:
bump!

STP+10 GK, enough stp for 20.3 tp per hit, 19% haste. i've got capped acc w/o cruor buffs or RR. thinking of switching body but not sure to what. what else should i work on?

why'd you make the stp one?
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-12-16 06:49:53
Link | Citer | R

Andylynn said:
bump!
what else should i work on?

tp+100 gk/askar~unkai+1 body/rose strap for 5hit
By Andylynn 2010-12-16 08:06:22
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
Andylynn said:
bump! what else should i work on?
tp+100 gk/askar~unkai+1 body/rose strap for 5hit

what do i do if i cant get into heroes/nyzul? there any other sam stp bodies that can foot the bill?
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-12-16 08:11:25
Link | Citer | R

hachiman domaru, askar, usu, subligar level 50 jse

edit: wait what do you mean can't get into nyzul? like don't have 3 people?
By Andylynn 2010-12-16 11:21:33
Link | Citer | R

as in you never hear shouts for anything besides abyssea in my server's white gate/p jeuno. finding a nyzul party is like trying to find a female playing a mithra.
 Cerberus.Zenal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Zenal
By Cerberus.Zenal 2010-12-16 11:56:13
Link | Citer | R

Walmart turban/ Askar/ AF3 .helm
Askar/ perle /Haubergeon +1 .body
Rose strap .grip
Thew Bomblet
Bushi earring / brutal earring .earrings
Hoard ring(tp only change for ws's) / rajas ring .rings
fuma sune-ate / af3 .feet
kitty pants / shura / af3 .legs
swift / (or any haste belt u want lol) sentry belt for ws .waist
Foragers / cerb mantle / Unkai sugemono back
PCC / unkai nodawa / snow/shadow gorget for ws .Neck
Hachiman kote +1 / Myochin hands +1 or any STR ws part u want lol

heres some gears that might help, i didnt put all the gear's up but all of these are easyer to get besides the unkai nodawa maybe something else too but cant remember.

GL hope it helps

Unicorn.Ducea
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Ducea 2010-12-16 12:07:30
Link | Citer | R

Andylynn said:
ok, so after a month and a half of play, ive hit 85.

anyone else find this annoying when it used to take months to get a 75?. seeing as how xi is now quickly dying for me because of things like this, and xiv is already broken. anyone know of a game that is similar to xi in '03? im looking for ideas other than wow and lotro, and don't feel like waiting until dc universe comes out
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-16 12:11:36
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Ducea said:
Andylynn said:
ok, so after a month and a half of play, ive hit 85.

anyone else find this annoying when it used to take months to get a 75?.

Don't care, too busy having a blast with friends in an alternate dimension~
[+]
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2010-12-16 12:22:12
Link | Citer | R

No domaru.

That is all.
By Andylynn 2010-12-18 10:05:13
Link | Citer | R

thanks to advice, and FFXIcalc, heres my 5 hit with the tp+100 GK :D. thanks for the assistance.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-12-18 10:24:49
Link | Citer | R

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrutal earringggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg (over kemas for both tp and ws)

more importantly though, that build is bare-minimum store tp basically, which results in you needing to weapon skill in all of that gear too (which is a bad thing obviously)

solution: add a rose strap and unkai nodowa in there during the tp phase (20.7 return, no ecphoria ring), and you'd be able to weapon skill in anything, bar rose/brutal/rajas, which are staple weapon skill pieces in the first place; yes, campaign is the worst thing in all of ffxi period, but rose strap is entirely worth it for pretty much every single two-hander job out there these days

more importantly though, you really should push for a hiradennotachi +1/+2 sometime, because it really isn't that hard to do a couple vnm monsters and then dive into walk of echoes now and rack up a couple coins

from there with the 450 delay instead of 464 (even with +1 unkai across the board), all you'd have to do to fix the five-hit is tp in hoard ring and tactical mantle (20.7%/hit), and then weapon skill in unkai haidate +1 (17.2%): 100% return on the dot
[+]
 Diabolos.Piraal
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Piraal
By Diabolos.Piraal 2010-12-18 10:58:30
Link | Citer | R

hmmmm..... doesn't have sky, or sea but somehow has a bushinomimi, and rajas.
 Asura.Alymorel
Serveur: Asura
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-12-18 11:03:10
Link | Citer | R

Where do you see her already having bushi and rajas? She said she wants to get them, not that she already has them. -.-
I'd be willing to help you with Nyzul btw (and I'm also a female mithra. On your server.)
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-12-18 11:05:18
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Piraal said:
aegis with a brown belt

i can be a debbie downer too =(
[+]
By Andylynn 2010-12-18 12:05:56
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrutal earringggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg (over kemas for both tp and ws) more importantly though, that build is bare-minimum store tp basically, which results in you needing to weapon skill in all of that gear too (which is a bad thing obviously) solution: add a rose strap and unkai nodowa in there during the tp phase (20.7 return, no ecphoria ring), and you'd be able to weapon skill in anything, bar rose/brutal/rajas, which are staple weapon skill pieces in the first place; yes, campaign is the worst thing in all of ffxi period, but rose strap is entirely worth it for pretty much every single two-hander job out there these days more importantly though, you really should push for a hiradennotachi +1/+2 sometime, because it really isn't that hard to do a couple vnm monsters and then dive into walk of echoes now and rack up a couple coins from there with the 450 delay instead of 464 (even with +1 unkai across the board), all you'd have to do to fix the five-hit is tp in hoard ring and tactical mantle (20.7%/hit), and then weapon skill in unkai haidate +1 (17.2%): 100% return on the dot
id need to ws in it? ive been swapping into this:

for ws lately, with some help from something with 21123123 macro lines >.>... anyways, why do i need to ws in my TP set? im slightly confused.
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-12-18 12:10:15
Link | Citer | R

Because your WS set doesn't have anything near 20TP return, so you won't have a 5hit build at all.

Edit: What's the TP return of the TP set above? I donno what augment you have on the Keitonotachi.

I'm slightly confused what you're asking in all honesty, one set you have Rajas Ring and the other you don't.
 Asura.Alymorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-12-18 12:15:05
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
Because your WS set doesn't have anything near 20TP return, so you won't have a 5hit build at all.

Edit: What's the TP return of the TP set above? I donno what augment you have on the Keitonotachi.

I'm slightly confused what you're asking in all honesty, one set you have Rajas Ring and the other you don't.
More importantly, why are there no pants...?
By Andylynn 2010-12-18 12:24:29
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
Because your WS set doesn't have anything near 20TP return, so you won't have a 5hit build at all. Edit: What's the TP return of the TP set above? I donno what augment you have on the Keitonotachi. I'm slightly confused what you're asking in all honesty, one set you have Rajas Ring and the other you don't.
@ dirtyfinger
one set is my 'goal list' tp set, the other is my real ws set. i wasnt quite sure what he was getting at, because i dont know why but 2+2 is = 6 for me today. at firt i was noobing it up thinking of STP version, but mapped it out to TP bonus one.

@alymorel
because i just ws in my tp pants because i dont have any +str pants.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2010-12-18 12:31:42
Link | Citer | R

You WS in your sTP gear because your WS counts as part of your X-hit build so if you've got a 5 hit with 20tp return per hit, after 5 swings you're at 100%, you WS in the sTP gear then you have 20% TP, if you take all the sTP out you don't have that anymore.

The only way you can take out sTP gear in your WS set is by compensating for it in your TP set (eg generating 21 TP a hit in your TP set allows you to only need to generate 16 TP in your WS set.
 Bismarck.Maxse
Serveur: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-12-18 12:34:20
Link | Citer | R

Andylynn said:

thanks to advice, and FFXIcalc, heres my 5 hit with the tp+100 GK :D. thanks for the assistance.

Given this setup with a 464 delay GTK 5/5 STP merits and a total of 29 from the gear it puts you to exactly 20 tp a hit.

But alas a 5 hit build means 4 tp swings + 1 WS.

so 20 x 4 = 80 Now let's analyze your ws build:
Andylynn said:

id need to ws in it? ive been swapping into this:

for ws lately, with some help from something with 21123123 macro lines >.>... anyways, why do i need to ws in my TP set? im slightly confused.

A total of 1 STP only brings the WS tp return to 16.5.

So in total you get 20 x 4 = 80 + 16.5 = 96.5 very shy of 5 hit, now of course one is what you have and one is what you want but I am just trying to help you fully understand x hit builds as to me (I could be wrong) it appears you dont.
 Asura.Alymorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-12-18 12:36:14
Link | Citer | R

Basically, your WS set has to have some STP in order for you to make a 5-hit build. With your current WS set, you don't achieve that, therefore, you'd have to WS in the tp set instead. A 5-hit build is very important.
 Asura.Alymorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-12-18 12:53:09
Link | Citer | R

She doesn't have the Rajas or Bushi yet.
 Bismarck.Maxse
Serveur: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-12-18 12:58:02
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tidis said:
I'm sure someone mentioned it already as well but...dear God keep the Rajas in for WS especially if you're subbing it out for a ruby...

Rajas: Str +5, Dex +5, Store TP +5, Subtle Blow +5
Ruby: Str +4, Fire Resist +9

So basically you're making the conscious decision to take out Rajas and WS in: Str -1, Dex -5, Store TP -5, Subtle Blow -5 all for Fire Resist +9

Read the whole thread before you have diarrhea of the mouth its not that hard.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Andylynn 2010-12-18 13:47:59
Link | Citer | R

ooo ok, i get it now