WikiLeaks: Patriotic, Unpatriotic?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » WikiLeaks: Patriotic, Unpatriotic?
WikiLeaks: Patriotic, Unpatriotic?
 Asura.Emoneaone
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Oldsarge
By Asura.Emoneaone 2010-12-02 17:04:13
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Asura.Emoneaone said:
Those who violate security by leaking this kind of information need to be prosecuted. I took my oaths seriously when in the service and have only contempt for those who violated theirs.

Government should fear the people, but people shouldn't violate security regulations. There are items that the government does need to keep secret. Imagine D-Day if wiki leaks existed and someone had posted the plans!

Flame on! I'm wearing my asbestos underwear!
are you really?
I'd imagine it might be kind of itchy :/
abrasive undergarments doesn't seem to be a good idea.
Fleece lined! Aahh!
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-12-02 17:05:03
Link | Citer | R

Swedish* >_>

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-12-02 17:05:38
Link | Citer | R

This might influence opinions. I'm all for government transparency, but what do you do with people like Barbara Schwarz?

Wiki said:
Records at the United States Department of Justice (DOJ) show Barbara Schwarz, a citizen of Germany,[33] has made more requests under the FOIA than any other person since it became law in 1966.[33] For more than ten years Schwarz has made repeated requests with many federal departments and agencies for public records the government says don't exist.
Schwarz believes, and her requests are aimed to prove, that rather than having been born in Germany her actual birth was around 1956 inside a secret government submarine base called Chattanooga under the Great Salt Lake. She further believes herself to be daughter of Church of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard.[33][34] Further saying that she was then kidnapped, taken to Germany, and given a false identity including a German birth certificate which was doctored to conceal her actual birth in Utah.[33]

What do you do with bat ***crazy?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-02 17:06:48
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
i've got a very limited income right now, i donated to several causes when i was active army and made money

wikileaks is one of two causes i still donate to
I wonder if donating to wikileaks counts as a tax write off?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-02 17:07:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Catastrophe said:
Asura.Emoneaone said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Asura.Emoneaone said:
Those who violate security by leaking this kind of information need to be prosecuted. I took my oaths seriously when in the service and have only contempt for those who violated theirs.

Government should fear the people, but people shouldn't violate security regulations. There are items that the government does need to keep secret. Imagine D-Day if wiki leaks existed and someone had posted the plans!

Flame on! I'm wearing my asbestos underwear!
are you really?
I'd imagine it might be kind of itchy :/
abrasive undergarments doesn't seem to be a good idea.
Fleece lined! Aahh!

Your undapants givin' you Mesothelioma?
You may be able to get some money from that!
We Want Your Money Lawfirm INC!
By Lieniite 2010-12-02 17:23:37
Link | Citer | R

As wikileaks isnt an american run website and nor is Julian Assange american it can hardly be patriotic or unpatriotic, the website is about letting the WORLD know what is going on and being down behind closed doors.

The thing is that as america is the most powerful democracy and one of the good guys their secret and spy going's on will always be the most sort after.

As for Brad Manning and his making public the info....well he didnt seek payment of any kind to my knowlage so one would think he was doing what he thought of as right...just as washington did and what bin laden did, ultimately the victors will write history and we will see if Manning gets painted as a terrorist or a hero
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2010-12-02 17:24:37
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Swedish* >_>
javla svenne
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-12-02 17:25:03
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ruizutatakau said:
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Swedish* >_>
javla svenne

Jävla* :P
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2010-12-02 17:26:40
Link | Citer | R

すいませんw
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-12-02 17:28:58
Link | Citer | R

I think people are just using this opportunity to shut wikileaks down..

sure it wasn't a great thing to do.. but it hardly *destroyed* international relations.

I like wikileaks and what they do and don't think their release of information qualifies as something worthy of shutting the website down.

Can't really blame them for doing everything in their power.. wikileaks is like the annoying reporter keeping all the governments honest
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-02 17:29:48
Link | Citer | R

Lieniite said:
As wikileaks isnt an american run website and nor is Julian Assange american it can hardly be patriotic or unpatriotic, the website is about letting the WORLD know what is going on and being down behind closed doors.

The thing is that as america is the most powerful democracy and one of the good guys their secret and spy going's on will always be the most sort after.

As for Brad Manning and his making public the info....well he didnt seek payment of any kind to my knowlage so one would think he was doing what he thought of as right...just as washington did and what bin laden did, ultimately the victors will write history and we will see if Manning gets painted as a terrorist or a hero
the bolded needs to be hammered into every backwater patriotic god fearing redneck from coast to coast.
it'll either incite war or accountability.
[+]