Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » December update belongs to SCH
December update belongs to SCH
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2010-12-02 12:53:49
Link | Citer | R

I just wish they came out with a new Tier of Merits. I have everything capped,on all my jobs. I had em capped BEFORE abby. However, now my AM II's are virtually obsolete in many arena's by tier V's. Whm needs a new Merit Tier too.
 Bismarck.Rosalee
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2010-12-02 13:18:42
Link | Citer | R

new tier of merits was announced for lv99 cap, remember?
 Lakshmi.Greggles
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2010-12-02 13:41:05
Link | Citer | R

Why do people think that Stoneskin, Aquaveil, and Blink might be restricted to light arts? That doesn't make any sense what-so-ever =/. And besides, it'd note it in the update note, but it only notes Break and Aero V being an addendum spell.
Serveur: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-12-02 13:46:24
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Greggles said:
Why do people think that Stoneskin, Aquaveil, and Blink might be restricted to light arts? That doesn't make any sense what-so-ever =/. And besides, it'd note it in the update note, but it only notes Break and Aero V being an addendum spell.

No one thought it, people, myself including was just saying.

As for making sense, how would it not? Sleep II is, the na spells are, a lot of spells normal jobs get become restricted.

I'm glad it's not however, that would have been annoying.

----

As for the regain spell, I wouldn't be surprised. They like giving SCH TP stuff at the moment.
 Lakshmi.Greggles
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2010-12-02 13:50:21
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Darkestknight said:
Lakshmi.Greggles said:

No one thought it, people, myself including was just saying.

As for making sense, how would it not? Sleep II is, the na spells are, a lot of spells normal jobs get become restricted.

I'm glad it's not however, that would have been annoying.

----

As for the regain spell, I wouldn't be surprised. They like giving SCH TP stuff at the moment.

While that's true, SE probably put them there(I say probably because I'm not sure, but still) for SCH to become a better sub, and you have to admit, it did. Now, if SE were to put those spells into addendum, then SCH's utility as a sub-job is drastically reduced, especially on BLM when you're pretty much going to be fulltiming Dark Arts.
 Kujata.Akeda
Serveur: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-12-02 14:51:54
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Corres said:
stoneskin to sch. now i can survive longer with scholar sub as blm! *** rdm sub!!!

unless they lock it under light arts.

Enlightenment > Stoneskin

Shiva.Kollosis
Serveur: Shiva
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2010-12-02 16:01:34
Link | Citer | R

SCH4lyfe.
I'm very excited for SS/Blink naturally, it opens new windows for subjobs :D When Gravity isn't needed /nin and /blm will shine. I'M SO STOKED
 Asura.Calatilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-12-02 17:01:42
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Akeda said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:
stoneskin to sch. now i can survive longer with scholar sub as blm! *** rdm sub!!!

If stoneskin was going to be locked under light arts wouldn't it already it be the case as sch/rdm? As far as I know it isn't and I cant see why SE would decide to change it.

As a number have pointed out, it didn't specify addendum white next to stoneskin so obviously its a free casting spell.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-02 17:18:49
Link | Citer | R

Yeah cause SE always fully says exactly what they are going to do ahead of time and never sneaks stuff in or forgets to say things...

Especially not huge game breaking things like changing emnity values of all the spells rdms tanked with. Naw they'd never do that to us.
 Asura.Calatilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-12-02 17:23:14
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Yeah cause SE always fully says exactly what they are going to do ahead of time and never sneaks stuff in or forgets to say things...

Especially not huge game breaking things like changing emnity values of all the spells rdms tanked with. Naw they'd never do that to us.

You may be right but right now SE has a hard-on for sch so I can only see them making the job even more powerful than it already is. Locking stoneskin would`nt be an improvement so I don't think they`d do that.
 Sylph.Kittty
Serveur: Sylph
user: Kittty
By Sylph.Kittty 2010-12-02 17:23:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Calatilla said:
Kujata.Akeda said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:

If stoneskin was going to be locked under light arts wouldn't it already it be the case as sch/rdm? As far as I know it isn't and I cant see why SE would decide to change it.

As a number have pointed out, it didn't specify addendum white next to stoneskin so obviously its a free casting spell.

Not true. As soon as your subjob has the spell you no longer need to use addendum to use the spell. Example: Scholar learns Sleep at level 30, but needs Addendum Black to use Sleep. If you are 50+ SCH/RDM, however, you no longer need Addendum Black to use sleep because Red Mage learns the spell at level 25.

I don't think Stoneskin will be an Addendum-required spell, just clarifying...
 Ragnarok.Tomtomz
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: tomtomz
By Ragnarok.Tomtomz 2010-12-03 04:05:36
Link | Citer | R

I can't think of any spells that don't require addendum that are locked to a specific Grimoire. If it was to be binded to an addendum (And therefore Light Arts), it would have been added in the patch notes, like was stated for Aero V and such.

"- White Magic
Protect V PLD Lv.90
Aquaveil SCH Lv.13
Blink SCH Lv.29
Stoneskin SCH Lv.44"

"Aero V SCH Lv.87 (Addendum: Black)
Break RDM Lv.87 / SCH Lv.90 (Addendum: Black)"
 Kujata.Segaia
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2010-12-03 05:11:33
Link | Citer | R

SCH getting regain? awesome.

On a side note: the era of SCH/DNC has begun - you heard it here first!
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-12-03 05:18:01
Link | Citer | R

Even better, yes SCH's do get another Stratagem at 90, yay!!!

Also Sublimation edit:

- The effectiveness of the scholar ability "Sublimation" in converting HP to MP will increase based on level.
Lv.35: 2HP => 2MP
Lv.45: 2HP => 3MP
Lv.55: 2HP => 4MP
Lv.65: 2HP => 5MP
Lv.75: 2HP => 6MP
Lv.85: 2HP => 7MP
 Cerberus.Delsus
Serveur: Cerberus
user: delsus
By Cerberus.Delsus 2010-12-03 05:39:38
Link | Citer | R

Also Sublimation edit:

- The effectiveness of the scholar ability "Sublimation" in converting HP to MP will increase based on level.

So at 85 will af head and af2 body give 4HP > 10 mp? seems to follow the current trend to me if cool
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-12-03 05:41:31
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Delsus said:

Also Sublimation edit:

So at 85 will af head and af2 body give 4HP > 10 mp? seems to follow the current trend to me if cool

I would assume so, will have to try it out after the cap.

If the trend sticks it'll be: Lv. 95: 2HP => 8MP

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-12-03 06:34:47
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Wow.... I can see why they didnt give sch cure V lol but it sure seems SE is really pushing people to go sch/blm and blm/sch, making it easier and easier to avoid /whm and /rdm. > <

I wonder what they have planned for 99 to change that, repose could be enhanced so sch/whm has aoe high skill light based sleep with strategms maybe

just curious but what does /blm offer? i mean outside of sleepga maybe i cant see any reason to sub it post update?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-03 06:36:42
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
I wonder what they have planned for 99 to change that, repose could be enhanced so sch/whm has aoe high skill light based sleep with strategms maybe

you can't accession divine magic... its healing/enhancing only

Post deleted by User.
By Bikpik 2010-12-03 07:00:38
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Wow.... I can see why they didnt give sch cure V lol but it sure seems SE is really pushing people to go sch/blm and blm/sch, making it easier and easier to avoid /whm and /rdm. > <

just curious but what does /blm offer? i mean outside of sleepga maybe i cant see any reason to sub it post update?

All /blm would offer to Sch over /rdm is:

Elemental Seal
Stun
Sleepga
Warp/Warp II/Tractor
and elemental debuffs (burn,rasp, etc.)

What you'd lose:
Gravity
Fast Cast
Convert
Refresh (don't need this now with the buff to sub)
Dispel
Phalanx
Magic Defence Bonus II(Trait)
Barspells
Enspells

If what you're fighting can't be Grav'd then /nin might be a better option, but then you would lose the MABII trait

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Serveur: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-12-03 07:03:05
Link | Citer | R

lol had to.
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-12-03 07:23:15
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Break-ga and stun-ga could be lifesavers yeah but with the way they're enhancing sublimation to make scholar more independant unless your soloing I wouldnt /rdm

you dont want fast cast? just so you have warp? i am sorry i dont understand the reasoning behind this.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-12-03 07:33:18
Link | Citer | R

lolrefresh2
 Kujata.Akeda
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-12-03 07:40:02
Link | Citer | R

All these additions kinda makes me want to play again, but I've no desire to gain 50,000XP to level up ;_; Ohh and also that god awful lab coat >.<
 Bahamut.Weasel
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-12-03 07:41:32
Link | Citer | R

Bikpik said:

Elemental Seal
Stun
Sleepga
Warp/Warp II/Tractor

What you'd lose:
Gravity
Fast Cast
Convert
Dispel
Phalanx
Barspells
Enspells

If what you're fighting can't be Grav'd then /nin might be a better option, but then you would lose the MABII trait

Losing Fast Cast II (casting time -15%, recast -7.5%) isn't so bad if you are in the correct arts: (casting time -10%, recast -10%, cost -10%). In fact, your recasts will be 2nd to RDM85+. As for Dispel, we have that in Addendum: Black. I can't think of a situation where we'd want to be in Addendum: White while /BLM, so losing barspells, enspells, etc. really isn't an issue.

Also, losing MAB II isn't as dire when you're killing something purly with Helix DoT, as most SCH gear straight INT for it anyway.

But yeah, loving the new Sublimation changes too, plus the expected stratagem charge. Now if only they would make it so Refresh II doesn't overwrite Sublimation...
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-12-03 08:05:56
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
lolrefresh2

???

Bahamut.Weasel said:
But yeah, loving the new Sublimation changes too, plus the expected stratagem charge. Now if only they would make it so Refresh II doesn't overwrite Sublimation...

Why? If you can get Refresh II constantly, it's better than Sublimation.
By Bikpik 2010-12-03 08:06:51
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Weasel said:
Bikpik said:

Elemental Seal
Stun
Sleepga
Warp/Warp II/Tractor

What you'd lose:
Gravity
Fast Cast
Convert
Dispel
Phalanx
Barspells
Enspells

Losing Fast Cast II (casting time -15%, recast -7.5%) isn't so bad if you are in the correct arts: (casting time -10%, recast -10%, cost -10%). In fact, your recasts will be 2nd to RDM85+. As for Dispel, we have that in Addendum: Black. I can't think of a situation where we'd want to be in Addendum: White while /BLM, so losing barspells, enspells, etc. really isn't an issue.

Also, losing MAB II isn't as dire when you're killing something purly with Helix DoT, as most SCH gear straight INT for it anyway.

Still /blm doesn't really bring a whole lot to the table, other than maybe a couple of base INT, over /rdm. Sleepga and an extra stun would be nice, but I personally wouldn't give up what /rdm brings to the table for them. Couple convert with the new sublimation, and Sch should never run out of MP now, in or out of Abyssea.

And losing 24 MAB does lower the dmg output of Helix, and more than your think when your dInt is high. But like I said, if what you're fighting can't be grav'd then /nin would be a decent sub to use.