USA, N. Korea, Nuclear Power And Double Standards.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » USA, N. Korea, Nuclear Power and Double Standards.
USA, N. Korea, Nuclear Power and Double Standards.
First Page 2 3
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-11-19 10:31:48
Link | Citer | R

I guess this would go here.. Anyways, I'm just curious what others think. Does it bug you that America has sort of a double standard for Nuclear Power? It's okay for us to have it, but a nation that might pose a threat isn't allowed to have it, just doesn't seem quite right to me.

I understand why those in charge don't want them to have Nuclear Power, but that doesn't mean I can't see the hypocrisy in it. I've never been a fan of the sense of entitlement that the USA seems to have on things like this.. So what are you your thoughts?
 Ramuh.Laffter
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-19 10:32:37
Link | Citer | R

It's all in the name of "security." :/
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-11-19 10:41:56
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Laffter said:
It's all in the name of "security." :/
This security ***is getting a bit out of hand.. We're even starting to lose our rights in the name of security now... Jesse Ventura said it best when he recently said on his show, that if having security means giving up my freedom and my rights, then I'd rather face the danger and keep my freedom and rights.
 Ramuh.Laffter
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-19 10:44:07
Link | Citer | R

The government doesn't feel the same way the people do, unfortunately.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mikania
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mikania
By Quetzalcoatl.Mikania 2010-11-19 11:03:40
Link | Citer | R

Figure that having nuclear weapons (bombs, not power stations) is like an exclusive club. As you see from this shiny map I stole from wikipedia.

Red = Are the people with nuclear missile pointed at other 'red' nations, and as well as blue ones (to prevent the *** from building them(NW ICBM).

Blue = Will be blown up one day by the people with nuclear weapons(red).

Grey = Lazy *** that won't even try.

Other colors, need not worry. In about~ 2038 the world is going to end. (Says Unix)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem

ALL HAIL UNIX!
 Phoenix.Excelior
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-19 11:15:19
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
I guess this would go here.. Anyways, I'm just curious what others think. Does it bug you that America has sort of a double standard for Nuclear Power? It's okay for us to have it, but a nation that might pose a threat isn't allowed to have it, just doesn't seem quite right to me. I understand why those in charge don't want them to have Nuclear Power, but that doesn't mean I can't see the hypocrisy in it. I've never been a fan of the sense of entitlement that the USA seems to have on things like this.. So what are you your thoughts?

Let me clarify this.

In the 1960s we passed a treaty called:
The Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. (NPT)

1. Signatories of this treaty who have nuclear weapons pledge to not provide non-nuclear states with weapons.

2. Signatories without nuclear weapons pledge to not pursue nuclear WEAPONS.

3. Non-Weapon states must identify all nuclear facilities and open to them inspection by the IAEA (International atomic energy association)

4. States with nuclear weapons will gradually move towards disarmament.

The issue with North Korea is that they used to be a signatory. One day Kim Jong Ill broke the terms of the treaty and just kicked out the IAEA inspectors. He is now considered a threat. The same ***goes for Iran. They are signatories to the NPT as well.
[+]
 Fairy.Oragel
Serveur: Fairy
user: Oragel
By Fairy.Oragel 2010-11-19 11:18:59
Link | Citer | R

I wanted to write something long and boring here, but after doing so 3 times and not being pleased with it I have given up. I will say that to say it is hypocritical of the U.S to do such a thing may be jumping the gun. I mean you are not exactly compairing apples to apples government wise. There are a lot of things to consider from government workings to history. I will say that it is unfair to deprive a nation of a source of energy that I'm sure they will benifit from. In doing so, it is also unjust to punish people (through lack of the energy source) for the sheer fear of what may happen. Alas we can't predict the future, so we expect the worst and try to prevent it. After all nuclear energy may be the subject, but nuclear war is the reasoning. I'm not saying your wrong, just giving my own opinion.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-19 11:20:35
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Oragel said:
I wanted to write something long and boring here, but after doing so 3 times and not being pleased with it I have given up. I will say that to say it is hypocritical of the U.S to do such a thing may be jumping the gun. I mean you are not exactly compairing apples to apples government wise. There are a lot of things to consider from government workings to history. I will say that it is unfair to deprive a nation of a source of energy that I'm sure they will benifit from. In doing so, it is also unjust to punish people (through lack of the energy source) for the sheer fear of what may happen. Alas we can't predict the future, so we expect the worst and try to prevent it. After all nuclear energy may be the subject, but nuclear war is the reasoning. I'm not saying your wrong, just giving my own opinion.

Read the treaty >.>
 Quetzalcoatl.Mikania
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mikania
By Quetzalcoatl.Mikania 2010-11-19 11:28:57
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:

Read the treaty >.>

NEVER!
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-19 11:33:43
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Mikania said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Read the treaty >.>
NEVER!

=(
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-19 11:43:12
Link | Citer | R

Bomb Iran, bomb North Korea, problem solved.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-19 11:44:50
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:

Bombing North Korea would destablize the region. North Korea would probably launch a nuclear missle at South Korea as in response.

Bombing Iran is most likely already in our contingency plan.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-19 11:46:56
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

Bombing North Korea would destablize the region. North Korea would probably launch a nuclear missle at South Korea as in response.

Bombing Iran is most likely already in our contingency plan.
North Korea is so isolated, how would that destabilize the region?
Also we could shoot down anything they tried to fire off before we mop the floor with them.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-19 11:49:28
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bombing North Korea would destablize the region. North Korea would probably launch a nuclear missle at South Korea as in response. Bombing Iran is most likely already in our contingency plan.
North Korea is so isolated, how would that destabilize the region? Also we could shoot down anything they tried to fire off before we mop the floor with them.

Honestly, you really over-estimate our abilities. The North Korean penninsula is of interest to China, SK, Japan, and possibly India. There would be a power struggle for the region. Also, it takes about 3 minutes for a nuclear weapon to reach south korea from north korea. We could not stop it. The whole "Nuclear utilization" theory was debunked a long time ago.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-19 11:51:19
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bombing North Korea would destablize the region. North Korea would probably launch a nuclear missle at South Korea as in response. Bombing Iran is most likely already in our contingency plan.
North Korea is so isolated, how would that destabilize the region? Also we could shoot down anything they tried to fire off before we mop the floor with them.

Honestly, you really over-estimate our abilities. The North Korean penninsula is of interest to China, SK, Japan, and possibly India. There would be a power struggle for the region. Also, it takes about 3 minutes for a nuclear weapon to reach south korea from north korea. We could not stop it. The whole "Nuclear utilization" theory was debunked a long time ago.
It would make for some entertainment though.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-19 11:52:19
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
It would make for some entertainment though.

Fair enough.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-19 11:52:46
Link | Citer | R

The Koreans need to finish their war already.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-11-19 11:52:57
Link | Citer | R

Kim Jung Su (Kim Jung Il's son) is now the new dictator. Is N.Korea still a threat? Hell yes, probably worse than before.

As far as nukes go, I see it like this. Being a country that actually has nukes are the guys with the really nice cars. Everyone wants one but can't get their hands on it.

Countries with nuclear capabilities are like the shady dealers that go to the poor guys with cheap prices for good quality.

As for America and the other countries, first one to hit the big red button gets to watch the world explode.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-19 11:54:13
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Kim Jung Su (Kim Jung Il's son) is now the new dictator. Is N.Korea still a threat? Hell yes, probably worse than before. As far as nukes go, I see it like this. Being a country that actually has nukes are the guys with the really nice cars. Everyone wants one but can't get their hands on it. Countries with nuclear capabilities are like the shady dealers that go to the poor guys with cheap prices for good quality. As for America and the other countries, first one to hit the big red button gets to watch the world explode.

Kim Jong Eun has not been appointed yet. He is currently a 4 star general and head of the military commission. Kim Jong Ill is still the dictator.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-11-19 11:55:58
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Kim Jung Su (Kim Jung Il's son) is now the new dictator. Is N.Korea still a threat? Hell yes, probably worse than before. As far as nukes go, I see it like this. Being a country that actually has nukes are the guys with the really nice cars. Everyone wants one but can't get their hands on it. Countries with nuclear capabilities are like the shady dealers that go to the poor guys with cheap prices for good quality. As for America and the other countries, first one to hit the big red button gets to watch the world explode.

Kim Jong Eun has not been appointed yet. He is currently a 4 star general and head of the military commission. Kim Jong Ill is still the dictator.
still as fearsome

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-19 11:59:20
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
still as fearsome

I'm doing a report on him this semester as a matter of fact. I haven't been able to find any real info on him past October. Have you seen anything?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-11-19 12:00:22
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
still as fearsome

I'm doing a report on him this semester as a matter of fact. I haven't been able to find any real info on him past October. Have you seen anything?
well, other than what the liberal media showed on tv about him being the successor, I have no idea. But Im sure he's just as crazy and fearsome as his dickless daddy.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-19 12:02:40
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
still as fearsome
well, other than what the liberal media showed on tv about him being the successor, I have no idea. But Im sure he's just as crazy and fearsome as his dickless daddy.

I agree. In the mean time, however, I think NK is going to be very copperative in order to make sure Eun has enough support to succeed him. China is giving them a lot of support.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-11-19 12:04:46
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
still as fearsome

I agree. In the mean time, however, I think NK is going to be very copperative in order to make sure Eun has enough support to succeed him. China is giving them a lot of support.
if China gives him support then we're all ***. Eun will use them as human missiles if anyone goes to war again lol
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-19 12:06:34
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
still as fearsome
if China gives him support then we're all ***. Eun will use them as human missiles if anyone goes to war again lol

China won't ever wage war with us. We have about 1000x as many nuclear weapons as them. War is pretty much impossible for nuclear weapon states now because it will ultimately lead to suicide. That's why the cold war was a standstill. Of course there is always the chance that china could go mentally insane, but theoretically they would never attack us or our allies.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-11-19 12:08:05
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
China has 1 billion willing participants in the Human Missile Program. I don't think America would use nukes since they're bloodthirsty anyway.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-19 12:09:22
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
China has 1 billion willing participants in the Human Missile Program. I don't think America would use nukes since they're bloodthirsty anyway.

We would only use nukes if they did. I know you're joking though lol. China is a problem simply because we will avoid fighting them, which means we must compromise with them.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-11-19 12:20:19
Link | Citer | R

personally i would rather have double standards with our country being the ones with power than north korea having nukes along with us
[+]
First Page 2 3