USA, N. Korea, Nuclear Power And Double Standards.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » USA, N. Korea, Nuclear Power and Double Standards.
USA, N. Korea, Nuclear Power and Double Standards.
 Phoenix.Excelior
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-19 19:50:40
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
What about France? Can we nuke France too? Seems like a good idea.
Actually 90% of France has nuclear energy, which if u nuke them, you'd be blowing up prob that side of the earth
Sarcasm?
The last part yes... duh But france is 90% of nuclear energy. I know because I work for the parent company of France for nuclear engineering.

I meant about the 90%. That's rediculously high. Wish we had that here.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-11-19 20:34:42
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Wombat said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

Actually 90% of France has nuclear energy, which if u nuke them, you'd be blowing up prob that side of the earth

More importantly: no more baguettes ;;

even more importantly, no more pchan.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-19 20:37:03
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Sarcasm?
The last part yes... duh But france is 90% of nuclear energy. I know because I work for the parent company of France for nuclear engineering.

do you know how large France is?
 Asura.Emoneaone
Serveur: Asura
user: Oldsarge
By Asura.Emoneaone 2010-11-19 20:54:11
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Sarcasm?

Not as big as Texas! I've heard 75% of France's power comes from fission reactors, not 90. And nuking France, why not?? I mean, it's FRANCE!
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-19 21:00:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Emoneaone said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Sarcasm?

Not as big as Texas! I've heard 75% of France's power comes from fission reactors, not 90. And nuking France, why not?? I mean, it's FRANCE!
:P
i was just ask him that question to allude to the reason why our energy isn't as high as france in nuclear power over the nation.
 Titan.Wombat
Serveur: Titan
user: Wombat
By Titan.Wombat 2010-11-19 21:06:12
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Irohuro said:
Titan.Wombat said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

More importantly: no more baguettes ;;

even more importantly, no more pchan.

You're right; it would be worth it
 Luz
By Luz 2010-11-19 22:07:56
Link | Citer | R

France gets an enormous amount of their electricity from nuclear power, I read that too. I don't remember the % but it was credited with part of why France has some of the cleanest air in the developed world because of it I think.
 Phoenix.Excelior
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-19 22:41:39
Link | Citer | R

Luz said:
France gets an enormous amount of their electricity from nuclear power, I read that too. I don't remember the % but it was credited with part of why France has some of the cleanest air in the developed world because of it I think.

Something has to offset the pollution that come from the ***they talk.
 Sylph.Kadara
Serveur: Sylph
user: Kadara
By Sylph.Kadara 2010-11-23 13:07:31
Link | Citer | R

ZaknafeinRamuh said:
Aside from the risk of a plant melting down, and contaminating the surrounding area/ground water they also have another pleasant feature. A perfectly run plant that never had any emergencies still will produce byproducts that are, and will continue to be deadly for thousands of years. Therein lies the problem. The true nuclear threat of our lifetime will not be the big bad commies that eat babies, and are such a "grave threat" It will be an act of terrorism which involves "waste materials." A lot easier to come by those sort of materials than you might think.

So if a country wants to play the "it's for energy research/production" card it's better to steer them in the direction of a smarter cleaner renewable resource. That goes for the USA also as far as I'm concerned. Since this country takes it upon itself to tell many other countries what their policies should be just seems we could kinda kill two birds with one stone there. Alas, that will only happen in fantasyland unfortunately.

The reality of the situation is the U.S. & other countries will continue to try to develop, and use sources of energy that are dirty, and harmful. Also they'll keep pointing their doomsday machines at eachother instead of trying to solve problems like climate change, and poverty.

Reproccessing

Subcritical reactors

Simple projects, the first one has already been done. But there's so much nuclear paranoia that it's hard to get people to listen to these ideas.

As for wind, it'd be interesting to see how many square miles of land you'd need to cover with them to power a major country.