White House Gives In On Bush-Era Tax Cuts

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » White House gives in on Bush-Era Tax Cuts
White House gives in on Bush-Era Tax Cuts
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-13 01:04:07
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

I'm sorry but sanity isn't subjective, so you can tell people it's not ok to be insane. If you disagree you disagree, and quite frankly I don't care for your approval.

Never claimed I was or wasn't.

This is not about sanity it is about what people think that is making you say they are insane. Believing in some religion does not make anyone insane it just makes them ignorant.

My approval is a moot point. What have I ever said on here that makes anyone think I give two shits about approval?

When somebody immediately jumps to a conclusion without any logic behind it, it's quite insane. There are some that are religious that are bat ***crazy, and some that are just ignorant, and then there are those that are just pretending for whatever reason it may be, my point goes beyond religion though, the mindset that causes religion.
 Phoenix.Excelior
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-13 01:05:41
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
I'm sorry but sanity isn't subjective, so you can tell people it's not ok to be insane. If you disagree you disagree, and quite frankly I don't care for your approval. Never claimed I was or wasn't.
This is not about sanity it is about what people think that is making you say they are insane. Believing in some religion does not make anyone insane it just makes them ignorant. My approval is a moot point. What have I ever said on here that makes anyone think I give two shits about approval?

Sanity is a creation of man's reality. There are no insane animals. What you perceive as sane or insane is not "true". Technically insanity and sanity do not even exist independent of the concepts we have applied to those terms. And then even those concepts are also artificially created. Life is just like FFXI: ***is situational (subjective)
By Saiii 2010-11-13 01:07:47
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

I'm sorry but sanity isn't subjective, so you can tell people it's not ok to be insane. If you disagree you disagree, and quite frankly I don't care for your approval.

This is not about sanity it is about what people think that is making you say they are insane. Believing in some religion does not make anyone insane it just makes them ignorant.

My approval is a moot point. What have I ever said on here that makes anyone think I give two shits about approval?

When somebody immediately jumps to a conclusion without any logic behind it, it's quite insane. There are some that are religious that are bat ***crazy, and some that are just ignorant, and then there are those that are just pretending for whatever reason it may be, my point goes beyond religion though, the mindset that causes religion.

Just sitting back lol'ing at the fact that this is the same person that said I need medical attention for my beliefs.

And this guy wants to go all thought police on everyone.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-13 01:08:47
Link | Citer | R

Saiii said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
I'm sorry but sanity isn't subjective, so you can tell people it's not ok to be insane. If you disagree you disagree, and quite frankly I don't care for your approval. Never claimed I was or wasn't.
This is not about sanity it is about what people think that is making you say they are insane. Believing in some religion does not make anyone insane it just makes them ignorant. My approval is a moot point. What have I ever said on here that makes anyone think I give two shits about approval?
Just sitting back lol'ing at the fact that this is the same person that said I need medical attention for my beliefs. And this guy wants to go all thought police on everyone.

If he's bender and you're fry arent you supposed to be friends? FFS stop *** with futurama.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-13 01:09:30
Link | Citer | R

Saiii said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

Just sitting back lol'ing at the fact that this is the same person that said I need medical attention for my beliefs.

One as ignorant as yourself really should shut up, especially since you have no understanding of what I'm talking about.
Also you do need medical attention, your mind's distortion from reality isn't healthy.

Post deleted by User.
By Saiii 2010-11-13 01:12:04
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Saiii said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Just sitting back lol'ing at the fact that this is the same person that said I need medical attention for my beliefs. And this guy wants to go all thought police on everyone.

If he's bender and you're fry arent you supposed to be friends? FFS stop *** with futurama.

Then I'll be this guy? Any better?
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-13 01:12:16
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
No when someone jumps to a conclusion without any logic behind it that means they would be ignorant and not insane. Last time I checked people were not locked up for being ignorant since 50 Cent and Glenn Beck are still free. There is nothing you can do about the human mind being susceptible to thinking certain things. That would be like trying to "fix" everyone from wanting to *** or form hierarchies.

He's a Christian Scientist; they can't get medical or mental help unless it's the will of god.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-13 01:13:00
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

No when someone jumps to a conclusion without any logic behind it that means they would be ignorant and not insane. Last time I checked people were not locked up for being ignorant since 50 Cent and Glenn Beck are still free.

There is nothing you can do about the human mind being susceptible to thinking certain things. That would be like trying to "fix" everyone from wanting to *** or form hierarchies.

OK to continue with that belief when evidence is presented to the contrary is what then? I never said anyone should be locked up. Your last part I'm not so sure about, people evolve and so do their thoughts (unlike Saiii) so I wouldn't jump to "it's impossible" just yet, but it very well may be
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-13 01:14:24
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
No when someone jumps to a conclusion without any logic behind it that means they would be ignorant and not insane. Last time I checked people were not locked up for being ignorant since 50 Cent and Glenn Beck are still free. There is nothing you can do about the human mind being susceptible to thinking certain things. That would be like trying to "fix" everyone from wanting to *** or form hierarchies.

He's a Christian Scientist; they can't get medical or mental help unless it's the will of god.

/lol
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-13 01:16:46
Link | Citer | R

to make it clear, I was thinking of this when I'm talking about stuff like this when talking about insanity:

http://www.aetv.com/paranormal-state/index.jsp
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-13 01:18:28
Link | Citer | R

Saiii said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Saiii said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

Shut up before I hit you with an unbend-able girder.

Post deleted by User.
By Saiii 2010-11-13 01:20:08
Link | Citer | R

Saiii said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

Hey Saiii, what do you think about Jefferson's quote you used in comparison to the events that caused the Whiskey Rebellion? I demand it be spoken of for the possibilities it could have lead to!

What about it? The government wanted the tax and the farmers didn't want to give it up?

Where do you want to go with this?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-13 01:21:33
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
OK to continue with that belief when evidence is presented to the contrary is what then? I never said anyone should be locked up. Your last part I'm not so sure about, people evolve and so do their thoughts (unlike Saiii) so I wouldn't jump to "it's impossible" just yet, but it very well may be

Definition of INSANE
: mentally disordered : exhibiting insanity
: used by, typical of, or intended for insane persons <an insane asylum>
: absurd <an insane scheme for making money>
: extreme 1
— in·sane·ly adverb
— in·sane·ness\-ˈsān-nəs\ noun
Examples of INSANE

1. The murderer was found to be criminally insane.
2. She was insane with jealousy.
3. He had an insane look in his eyes.
4. She likes to drive at insane speeds.
5. He had this insane idea that he could get rich by selling old computers.

Definition of STUPID
a : slow of mind : obtuse b : given to unintelligent decisions or acts : acting in an unintelligent or careless manner c : lacking intelligence or reason : brutish
: dulled in feeling or sensation : torpid <still stupid from the sedative>
: marked by or resulting from unreasoned thinking or acting : senseless <a stupid decision>
a : lacking interest or point <a stupid event> b : vexatious, exasperating <the stupid car won't start>
— stu·pid·ly adverb
— stu·pid·ness noun

Definition of UNREASONABLE
a : not governed by or acting according to reason <unreasonable people> b : not conformable to reason : absurd <unreasonable beliefs>
: exceeding the bounds of reason or moderation <working under unreasonable pressure>
— un·rea·son·able·ness\-nəs\ noun
— un·rea·son·ably\-blē\ adverb

Maybe you will understand some words a little better Jet.

Oh, and if someone is insane they are generally put into asylum which is the same as locking them up.

not always, there are plenty of insane people wondering around, just as long as they aren't a danger to themselves or others (violently is typically the factor) most will never bother with them. You can sit here and call such people sane all day but when it comes down to it people who think this way and find it entirely acceptable to think this way are insane.
By Saiii 2010-11-13 01:24:09
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Saiii said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Saiii said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

Shut up before I hit you with an unbend-able girder.

Yeah, and which one of us ended up with the girl?

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-13 01:27:53
Link | Citer | R

oh and another thing spicy, you forgot a few.

ir·ra·tion·al
   /ɪˈræʃənl/ Show Spelled[ih-rash-uh-nl] Show IPA
–adjective
without the faculty of reason; deprived of reason.
without or deprived of normal mental clarity or sound judgment.
not in accordance with reason; utterly illogical: irrational arguments.
not endowed with the faculty of reason: irrational animals.
Mathematics .
a.
(of a number) not capable of being expressed exactly as a ratio of two integers.
b.
(of a function) not capable of being expressed exactly as a ratio of two polynomials.
Algebra . (of an equation) having an unknown under a radical sign or, alternately, with a fractional exponent.
Greek and Latin Prosody .
a.
of or pertaining to a substitution in the normal metrical pattern, esp. a long syllable for a short one.
b.
noting a foot or meter containing such a substitution.
–noun
Mathematics . irrational number.
Use irrational in a Sentence
See images of irrational
Search irrational on the Web
Origin:
1425–75; late ME < L irratiōnālis. See ir-2 , rational

—Related forms
ir·ra·tion·al·ly, adverb
ir·ra·tion·al·ness, noun
non·ir·ra·tion·al, adjective, noun
non·ir·ra·tion·al·ly, adverb
non·ir·ra·tion·al·ness, noun

—Synonyms
3. unreasonable, ridiculous; insensate.

in·sane
   /ɪnˈseɪn/ Show Spelled[in-seyn] Show IPA
–adjective
not sane; not of sound mind; mentally deranged.
of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a person who is mentally deranged: insane actions; an insane asylum.
utterly senseless: an insane plan.
Use insane in a Sentence
See images of insane
Search insane on the Web
Origin:
1550–60; < L insānus. See in-3 , sane

—Related forms
in·sane·ly, adverb
in·sane·ness, noun
pseu·do·in·sane, adjective

—Synonyms
1. demented; lunatic, crazed, crazy; maniacal. 3. foolish, irrational. See mad.

here's another fun word

syn·o·nym
   /ˈsɪnənɪm/ Show Spelled[sin-uh-nim] Show IPA
–noun
a word having the same or nearly the same meaning as another in the language, as joyful, elated, glad.
a word or expression accepted as another name for something, as Arcadia for pastoral simplicity; metonym.
Biology . one of two or more scientific names applied to a single taxon.
By Saiii 2010-11-13 01:28:31
Link | Citer | R

Saiii said:
Hey Saiii, what do you think about Jefferson's quote you used in comparison to the events that caused the Whiskey Rebellion? I demand it be spoken of for the possibilities it could have lead to!

What about it? The government wanted the tax and the farmers didn't want to give it up?

Where do you want to go with this?

Well you went on about
Jefferson said:
To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
yet the founders could not live by such words in actuality because the country (the people as a whole) was all in debt.

They had a war over taxation with out representation and then did exactly that because it was needed by the people.

Don't confuse my admiration for Jefferson as universal admiration for everything the founding fathers did. The farmers were right to stand up against the government and it seems they were at least somewhat successful.

Also, the tax was repealed when Jefferson took office.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-13 01:29:16
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

Definition of INSANE
: mentally disordered : exhibiting insanity
: used by, typical of, or intended for insane persons <an insane asylum>
: absurd <an insane scheme for making money>
: extreme 1
— in·sane·ly adverb
— in·sane·ness\-ˈsān-nəs\ noun
Examples of INSANE

1. The murderer was found to be criminally insane.
2. She was insane with jealousy.
3. He had an insane look in his eyes.
4. She likes to drive at insane speeds.
5. He had this insane idea that he could get rich by selling old computers.

Definition of STUPID
a : slow of mind : obtuse b : given to unintelligent decisions or acts : acting in an unintelligent or careless manner c : lacking intelligence or reason : brutish
: dulled in feeling or sensation : torpid <still stupid from the sedative>
: marked by or resulting from unreasoned thinking or acting : senseless <a stupid decision>
a : lacking interest or point <a stupid event> b : vexatious, exasperating <the stupid car won't start>
— stu·pid·ly adverb
— stu·pid·ness noun

Definition of UNREASONABLE
a : not governed by or acting according to reason <unreasonable people> b : not conformable to reason : absurd <unreasonable beliefs>
: exceeding the bounds of reason or moderation <working under unreasonable pressure>
— un·rea·son·able·ness\-nəs\ noun
— un·rea·son·ably\-blē\ adverb

Maybe you will understand some words a little better Jet.

Oh, and if someone is insane they are generally put into asylum which is the same as locking them up.

not always, there are plenty of insane people wondering around, just as long as they aren't a danger to themselves or others (violently is typically the factor) most will never bother with them. You can sit here and call such people sane all day but when it comes down to it people who think this way and find it entirely acceptable to think this way are insane.

I never once called these people you are speaking of sane.

What I will say since you clearly do not understand the word is that you and these people you are speaking of are stupid, blinded, and unreasonable.

yeah, same (or close enough) meaning bud.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-13 01:42:32
Link | Citer | R

@Spicy, I've always used the words as synapses of each other, I'm kind of surprised that they aren't direct ones, I'll file a request to the dictionary people later to correct it, since they have a common one. Until then, good night and have a wonderful day.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2010-11-13 03:42:47
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
@Spicy, I've always used the words as synapses of each other, I'm kind of surprised that they aren't direct ones, I'll file a request to the dictionary people later to correct it, since they have a common one. Until then, good night and have a wonderful day.

That word doesn't mean what you think it does...
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-13 03:46:08
Link | Citer | R

always gotta have one who see's themself as a conservative/reblican or w/e that isn't as informed as they should be, a few guys sitting throwing ***, occasionally me who throws ***and/or says something reasonable rather than partisan bs and then you have 1 random pop of a person who knows their ***that happens to put them in check for a while.
that last part can be a bit of a double-edged sword depending on who is wielding the "knowledge" if you know what I'm saying.
I know the ffxiah coflict equation!
Bahamut.Milamber said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

isn't that a brain-relevant word?
like you are in the matrix neo?
that kind of deal?
the phrase "neural synapses" comes to mind which makes me think interface for some reason.
i dunno.
I hate it when words are thrown in all willy nilly though.
edit: electrical junctions in the nervous system...
guess that kind of is an interface of sorts.
my brain associates things in a fun way and most of the time I'm right with things like that...makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
welp I'm going to bed.
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2010-11-13 06:02:29
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
always gotta have one who see's themself as a conservative/reblican or w/e that isn't as informed as they should be, a few guys sitting throwing ***, occasionally me who throws ***and/or says something reasonable rather than partisan bs and then you have 1 random pop of a person who knows their ***that happens to put them in check for a while.
that last part can be a bit of a double-edged sword depending on who is wielding the "knowledge" if you know what I'm saying.
I know the ffxiah coflict equation!
Bahamut.Milamber said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

isn't that a brain-relevant word?
like you are in the matrix neo?
that kind of deal?
the phrase "neural synapses" comes to mind which makes me think interface for some reason.
i dunno.
I hate it when words are thrown in all willy nilly though.
edit: electrical junctions in the nervous system...
guess that kind of is an interface of sorts.
my brain associates things in a fun way and most of the time I'm right with things like that...makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
welp I'm going to bed.
I would hazard they meant to put synonyms instead of synapses. Possibly they meant synopsis, but that doesn't fit either.
 Luz
By Luz 2010-11-13 10:40:37
Link | Citer | R

bump
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20