Raging Rush Body Options.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Raging Rush body options.
Raging Rush body options.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-08 18:46:27
Link | Citer | R

Also, if Grim does win now on old content it won't win after another update or two... Though Zahak's could easily be outdated too by future gear.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-11-08 18:50:58
Link | Citer | R

Night, just came back from a long break, as you know Gradd/Jadus/Cubone been pretty much on me, but got me RR and VV atmas, what do I need to change in my RR set up to get with the times so to speak, hachi legs, and change up the neck?
 Fenrir.Thandar
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2010-11-08 18:58:11
Link | Citer | R

Working on AF +2 for WAR, have seals for feet legs and head, just not 8 >.>;
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-08 21:21:03
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Night, just came back from a long break, as you know Gradd/Jadus/Cubone been pretty much on me, but got me RR and VV atmas, what do I need to change in my RR set up to get with the times so to speak, hachi legs, and change up the neck?
Hachi legs, ZMail, Ravager's Calligae +2 (unsure outside Abyssea), keep the neck, Ravager's Mask +2... maybe even the legs, not sure. New weapon couldn't hurt.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-11-08 21:23:24
Link | Citer | R

Which weapon
 Fenrir.Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2010-11-08 21:25:32
Link | Citer | R

Well, for now I'm using Berserker's Axe, but that's until I finish my Maschu +1.
 Alexander.Kryptonitic
Serveur: Alexander
By Alexander.Kryptonitic 2010-11-08 21:42:49
Link | Citer | R

As far as new weapons go Atlas+1 with Str mods is a sexy easy to get piece. Personally I'd never underestimate the effect Str has in a Ws. Although EPeem RR's come from a lot of the hits criticalling it isn't that hard to hit dex cap on a lot of the mobs you'll be facing. Commence the flaming but personally I do it 2006 style and rock a Heca Harness. I'm a lil surprised I've not seen it mentioned yet. It could be because of other things like being hume 5/5 str, maining gaxe so 8/8 merits, usually subbing sam and WSing with hasso up where possible, MKD helm augment choices and other gear selections but Heca Harness has produced consistently better results than my hauby+1 and ZMail. Don't have an adaberk or Noct mail so can't comment on those and testing was done without any atmas. Got VV yesterday and will retest with RR next week when we get it so will be interesting what will happen then.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-08 22:02:40
Link | Citer | R

2 STR > 3% critrate? wat
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-08 22:11:07
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
2 STR > 3% critrate? wat

Crits take time to proc.
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
Serveur: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-11-08 22:22:30
Link | Citer | R

how good would cavaros mantle be for RR? better than cerb mantle?
 Ifrit.Bigmojo
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Bigmojo 2010-11-08 22:45:00
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:
Hachi legs, ZMail, Ravager's Calligae +2 (unsure outside Abyssea), keep the neck, Ravager's Mask +2... maybe even the legs, not sure. New weapon couldn't hurt.

this is what i use for rr

edit: agg up
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-08 22:45:43
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sheelay said:
In most situations you should also swap Virtuoso for Warwolf and OHat for anything with STR, DEX or both. You are overshooting accuracy a lot.
For RR I use Perle head, since I don't have heca head and Viking helm isn't appropriate.

War AF3 head should be your ultimate goal for a WS Headpiece.

my sets are ancient

and do not reflect my current gear

for some reason ffxiah won't register changes to my gearsets

or my avatar
 Fenrir.Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2010-11-08 23:31:54
Link | Citer | R

Just got Atma of the Voracious Violet, thanks to Nightfyre, should actually be working on Atma of Razed Ruins tomorrow :>
 Alexander.Kryptonitic
Serveur: Alexander
By Alexander.Kryptonitic 2010-11-09 05:59:06
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
2 STR > 3% critrate? wat

That's an additional 3% critrate turning my Crit proc rate from say 25% to 28% which gives me an ever so slightly better chance of getting a crit whereas the extra str will effect the dmg on every hit wether it's a crit or not.
 Odin.Sheelay
Serveur: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-09 09:29:53
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Kryptonitic said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
2 STR > 3% critrate? wat

That's an additional 3% critrate turning my Crit proc rate from say 25% to 28% which gives me an ever so slightly better chance of getting a crit whereas the extra str will effect the dmg on every hit wether it's a crit or not.

I'll take that 3% chance to spike my DMG over the 2 STR..
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-09 09:33:35
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Kryptonitic said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
2 STR > 3% critrate? wat

Except 2STR is practically nothing, especially since fSTR is probably being capped from buffs/VV alone, so yeah bad choice. Besides, RR WSC is rather low.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-11-09 09:48:02
Link | Citer | R

idk.. think i got too much DEX lulz

Sumeru+1 is WS DMG +10%

need me a ravager's orb still >.<
 Asura.Solara
Serveur: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-11-09 11:34:52
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Raising critrate means more opportunities for Razed Ruins, Crit Atk Bonus, and AF3 feet to proc. That's a 45% damage bonus on any crit (feet+2 are 10%, not sure if +1 are same or less), only 5% from the 50% cap. Voracious Violet, cruor buffs + abyssites, 2hander bonus, meat/pizza, any attack buffs you may have (Stalwart's sup) along with debuffs on the mob (Dia), and potentially Berserk mean pDIF will be very high, if not capped. If it's high, the attack won't benefit all your crits due to the way crits cap vs normal attacks, and more than half your hits will be crits. 30% Razed Ruins, 20% capped dDEX, 4% merits, 15-20% from the WS itself per Robonosto's data, then any gear... A conservative estimate puts 69% of your RR hits as crits before gear. If it's capped, attack is obviously worthless.

I do understand the value of crits in Abyssea, I have +48% crit dmg in my current ws set (same as you mentioned + 3 from backpiece) to take advantage of it. From my experience however, crit rate tends to cap out (taper off?) around 75~%. I've seen it slightly higher or lower, but never considerably outside of that range.

Current crit plus is:

5 - base rate
15 - dDex (conservative vs your 20% estimate)
30 - RRuin
4 - merit
3 - grip
3 - head
15 - RRush base (conservative vs your 20% estimate)
=
75% crit rate, 85% using your estimates. That would suggest that GH atma would put me at 95-100% crit though, which was not the case when I played around with it.

As for the attack, while I'm typically capped against the standard mobs, due to my setup (war mnk thf brd whm) I'm not certain I consistently cap with Dia II alone since we default to double march. Without knowing the stats of Abyssea mobs, I simply decided to err on the side of caution since I felt I had crit capped.

Of course it's possible that my data was wrong, and crit rate does not cap at all. There's currently some testing going on @bg on the topic, if I'm wrong I'll happily go back to Zahak's.

I'd much rather be optimal than be "right".

Update: Derped on an atma name, corrected it now. From the longer duration parses being posted, it looks like 75~% is pretty accurate. There is an outlier parse of a few hundred swings that goes higher with Innin, but the same player posted a longer (7.5k swings) parse that falls back in line with the 75~% cap idea. Unless something is revealed that shows ja/ws can break 75% consistently, I still believe Grim Cuirass is superior to Zahak's for my build.