Raging Rush Body Options.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Raging Rush body options.
Raging Rush body options.
 Fenrir.Thandar
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2010-11-08 15:05:39
Link | Citer | R

I know not ONE body will fit everything, but I won't be getting Ares or Adaman or Noct, so, It's pretty much between the three I named, which I can get.

I have Perle, since I suck and don't have Byakko's :<
 Bahamut.Zorander
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-11-08 15:05:50
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Belius said:
There isn't a save all button you can macro for every situation regarding RR. The general rule of thumb is that you should put enough ACC on your war to actually connect three hits and from there your pick of STR or DEX depending on race. Otherwise; Hi-def, Lo-Eva mobs: ATK/STR Hi-eva mobs: ACC Make a few macros for different situations, and don't think +2-5 acc won't matter, it often does and will.
What? No

I agree that there are alot of situations that will alter which WS to do and when including which gear might work better..but telling someone to macro in Acc in the day and age of Abyssea and Pizza+1 is more than a little HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. You will need more than 1 gear set and more than likely it could be Abyssea and NonAbyssea..

However the advice you gave is sound for anyone ~75.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-08 15:07:25
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Thandar said:
I know not ONE body will fit everything, but I won't be getting Ares or Adaman or Noct, so, It's pretty much between the three I named, which I can get.

I have Perle, since I suck and don't have Byakko's :<

if grim isn't an option

sheelay is right

stick with perle until update
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-08 15:07:43
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
This guy is why I typically don't offer anything productive.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-08 15:08:48
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Laffter said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
This guy is why I typically don't offer anything productive.

incorrect and misleading advice is not productive

you are hurting, not being productive
[+]
 Fenrir.Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2010-11-08 15:08:55
Link | Citer | R

I suppose I could attempt to get grim, but it would be pretty hard, unless I just got super lucky, haha.
 Ifrit.Bigmojo
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Bigmojo 2010-11-08 15:09:00
Link | Citer | R

I would assume this is for abyssea, because in all seriousness thats the only thing thats going on anymore. Get Raized ruins first, then worry about a better body piece ie ebody grim curiass.
 Fenrir.Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2010-11-08 15:09:53
Link | Citer | R

Ebody is pretty much not an option for me, since I got Shadow body from Ehinherjar LS before Abyssea killed everything.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-11-08 15:11:03
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Bigmojo said:
I would assume this is for abyssea, because in all seriousness thats the only thing thats going on anymore. Get Raized ruins first, then worry about a better body piece ie ebody grim curiass.
RR VV or even Strong Arm Atma's will do way more for your RR(ws) than any piece of gear currently availiable in game.

Inside Abyssea of course.
 Fenrir.Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2010-11-08 15:12:02
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I will start working on getting Atma's soon enough.
 Odin.Sheelay
Serveur: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-08 15:12:10
Link | Citer | R

So we are back to what I was suggesting! Yay
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-08 15:12:34
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Ifrit.Bigmojo said:
RR VV or even Strong Arm Atma's will do way more for your RR than any piece of gear currently availiable in game.

Inside Abyssea of course.

this is also very true

as far as effort to reward ratio goes

your time will be far better spent obtaining atmas

that are much easier to get than top-tier gear

and make a much, much, greater difference
 Fenrir.Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2010-11-08 15:14:50
Link | Citer | R

I knew I needed atmas.
By Serj 2010-11-08 15:15:49
Link | Citer | R

Atmas and in abyssea, Zahak's.

Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-11-08 15:16:03
Link | Citer | R

I can be naked with GA RR/VV atmas and out damage almost anyone that doesn't have them..they are that damn good.

I parsed #1 DD in a lolpickup group on Whm/nin with RR/VV becuase I was the only person that had those Atmas..it was funny and fun to do.
 Fenrir.Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2010-11-08 15:18:07
Link | Citer | R

Wow, nice, I knew they were really good, I guess I just never put them at number one priority, because they're only really good in Abyssea, and while MOST of the game now is abyssea, not all of it is still, till next update I'm sure. :<
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-08 15:20:41
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Vextra said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
So we are back to what I was suggesting! Yay

no you suggested to sit back and be a lazy ***, what we are suggesting is to concentrate on atma's rather than armor.

Which consequently means putting armor questions aside and focus on more important goals :P !

Honestly, my 1st reply was meant partially as a joke, hence why I mentioned the lorica which has yet to become available.
I then suggested to stick with Perle which, of the 3 armor options the OP gave as reference, was the 2nd best and is much much easier and cheaper to obtain.

I was simply suggesting to avoid investing big bucks on an item that will eventually become outdated and force him to sell it back for a loss.
You all know what happens whenever some better gear comes out: AH undercut.

Either way, aside from Atmas, a WS build is not made by a body piece alone.
[+]
 Asura.Solara
Serveur: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-11-08 17:39:42
Link | Citer | R

I agree that it's not a one size fits all, but if you're having accuracy issues you'll gain more from altering your food than you will from adjusting the body slot alone.

As with any piece of gear overall accuracy must be considered, but I've yet to encounter any non thf class mob in Abyssea or outside of it that can't be easily capped on ws using pizza/atmas/cruor buffs.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-11-08 17:42:34
Link | Citer | R

Serj said:
Atmas and in abyssea, Zahak's.

this is what i use
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-08 17:47:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Solara said:
I swapped from Zahak's to Grim Cuirass recently, but I'd say Zahak's is the second best possible body for Raging Rush. Though if you need more stp to keep your hit build, Askar would be a good free alternative.
Reasoning? I really can't imagine Grim consistently beating Zahak's in Abyssea.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-11-08 17:51:36
Link | Citer | R

atmas sound op. does it even matter what body u chose to use seeing its for abyssea?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-08 17:53:00
Link | Citer | R

Yes.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-08 17:53:59
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Asura.Solara said:
I swapped from Zahak's to Grim Cuirass recently, but I'd say Zahak's is the second best possible body for Raging Rush. Though if you need more stp to keep your hit build, Askar would be a good free alternative.
Reasoning? I really can't imagine Grim consistently beating Zahak's in Abyssea.

i'm sure you are correct, you almost always are

but i would very much appreciate it if you explained why zahak beats grim
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-08 18:04:09
Link | Citer | R

Raising critrate means more opportunities for Razed Ruins, Crit Atk Bonus, and AF3 feet to proc. That's a 45% damage bonus on any crit (feet+2 are 10%, not sure if +1 are same or less), only 5% from the 50% cap. Voracious Violet, cruor buffs + abyssites, 2hander bonus, meat/pizza, any attack buffs you may have (Stalwart's sup) along with debuffs on the mob (Dia), and potentially Berserk mean pDIF will be very high, if not capped. If it's high, the attack won't benefit all your crits due to the way crits cap vs normal attacks, and more than half your hits will be crits. 30% Razed Ruins, 20% capped dDEX, 4% merits, 15-20% from the WS itself per Robonosto's data, then any gear... A conservative estimate puts 69% of your RR hits as crits before gear. If it's capped, attack is obviously worthless.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-08 18:05:30
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Raising critrate means more opportunities for Razed Ruins, Crit Atk Bonus, and AF3 feet to proc. That's a 45% damage bonus on any crit (feet+2 are 10%, not sure if +1 are same or less), only 5% from the 50% cap. Voracious Violet, cruor buffs + abyssites, 2hander bonus, meat/pizza, any attack buffs you may have (Stalwart's sup) along with debuffs on the mob (Dia), and potentially Berserk mean pDIF will be very high, if not capped. If it's high, the attack won't benefit all your crits due to the way crits cap vs normal attacks, and more than half your hits will be crits. If it's capped, attack is obviously worthless.

i was about to buy grim

i appreciate the info

edit: grim would still be the body of choice outside of abyssea, right?
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-08 18:18:41
Link | Citer | R

Nightfyre, would you happen to know the equivalent of +1% Crit hit in DEX ?
Is there a straight formula to determine how much DEX is required to achieve a 1% increase in Crit hits? I assume not but would be glad if I was wrong.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-08 18:30:31
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Raising critrate means more opportunities for Razed Ruins, Crit Atk Bonus, and AF3 feet to proc. That's a 45% damage bonus on any crit (feet+2 are 10%, not sure if +1 are same or less), only 5% from the 50% cap. Voracious Violet, cruor buffs + abyssites, 2hander bonus, meat/pizza, any attack buffs you may have (Stalwart's sup) along with debuffs on the mob (Dia), and potentially Berserk mean pDIF will be very high, if not capped. If it's high, the attack won't benefit all your crits due to the way crits cap vs normal attacks, and more than half your hits will be crits. 30% Razed Ruins, 20% capped dDEX, 4% merits, 15-20% from the WS itself per Robonosto's data, then any gear... A conservative estimate puts 69% of your RR hits as crits before gear. If it's capped, attack is obviously worthless.

oh crap this means i need to trade out assault for vulcan's/triumph huh ><
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-08 18:39:27
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sheelay said:
Nightfyre, would you happen to know the equivalent of +1% Crit hit in DEX ?
Is there a straight formula to determine how much DEX is required to achieve a 1% increase in Crit hits? I assume not but would be glad if I was wrong.
dDEX=(yourDEX-mobAGI)

if dDEX<0, critrate=5%
if 0<=dDEX<=9, critrate=6%
if 10<=dDEX<=19, critrate=7%
if 20<=dDEX<=29, critrate=8%
if 30<=dDEX<=39, critrate=9%
for 40<=dDEX=50, increment critrate by 1% for every point of DEX. dDEX caps at 50, for a 20% base critrate.

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
i was about to buy grim

i appreciate the info

edit: grim would still be the body of choice outside of abyssea, right?
Doubt it, the DEX may be relevant outside Abyssea and you're weaponskilling in 600+ attack at a rough guess with just gear and a basic meat (YCBs) with Zahak's. If you're zerking at recast then you should be capping at least 70% of the time on basically anything that isn't Jailer of Love, especially if you can count on Dia II being present.

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
oh crap this means i need to trade out assault for vulcan's/triumph huh ><
Quite possibly, yes.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-08 18:45:51
Link | Citer | R

In most situations you should also swap Virtuoso for Warwolf and OHat for anything with STR, DEX or both. You are overshooting accuracy a lot.
For RR I use Perle head, since I don't have heca head and Viking helm isn't appropriate.

War AF3 head should be your ultimate goal for a WS Headpiece.