Whats A Good Anime To Watch?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Whats a good anime to watch?
Whats a good anime to watch?
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2024-01-03 11:09:41
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
Cerberus.Natsuhiko said: »
Dark Gathering looked interesting but after seeing some comparisons of the manga and anime I chose to read it.
sad reality of "horror" anime, they have never lived up to the manga. Even as a shot for panel adaptation you lose something integral to the experience when you are not turning the pages, and the full color art never hits as hard as the black and white manga panels.

That all said, the up coming Uzumaki adaptation has me hoping that this will be the first great Junji Ito work properly adapted! trying to keep my expectations down to earth but they keep floating off into space...

Agreed. I both read and watched Mieruko-chan and they managed to remove the scariness from one of the more iconic scares in the manga (the balloon boy scene). Dark Gathering also toned the gore down a bit in the anime clips I saw, and I'm not for that. So, I went back to reading; recently I picked up "The Wizard and The Red Pilgrim" and Bibliomania.

I haven't read much Junji Ito but it is something I need to work on after finishing the couple Shuzo Oshimi works I haven't read yet.

Edit: Since this is an anime thread, looking over the anime list for Jan I might watch Blue Exorcist s3. I've read Dungeon Meshi but if others haven't that might be a good watch, and I've read Dosanko Gal until that got stupid.

Could be a good time to slot in my rewatches of XXXHolic and Pumpkin Scissors.
By Dodik 2024-01-03 21:06:58
Link | Citer | R

If you like horror Elfen Lied is probably the best I've seen.

I haven't read the manga but the gore is definitely not turned down in the anime.

It's.. a lot.
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2024-01-03 23:38:53
Link | Citer | R

Dodik said: »

I haven't read the manga but the gore is definitely not turned down in the anime.

It's.. a lot.

Never really caught my attention, though I've seen clips. Elfen Lied always looked to me like it was gore for gore's sake. That's also why I hate the ending to Blood C, though I liked everything else in the anime and the movie. Maybe I'm wrong, I haven't seen it in it's entirety.

Edit: I also realize that that might be biased, with only the gore parts being clipped and uploaded various places.
By Dodik 2024-01-04 00:12:02
Link | Citer | R

I've not seen clips, but the story is pretty good. Sci/fi, futuristic and some horror I would say, though yes there is a lot of gore.

I'd guess the opening scene gets clipped a lot. But it is a story about why that gore happens more than just showing it for shock value. It just doesn't shy away from showing what happens.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-01-04 08:50:11
Link | Citer | R

I feel like i just need to leave this amv here...
Title: "The Gore Never Bothered Me Anyway"
YouTube Video Placeholder

(try to watch at least to 57secs, you will get a laugh)
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-01-07 08:23:41
Link | Citer | R

Ive been quite interested in ReLIFE so i would recommend it.

High school romance per se doesnt pick my interest anymore.

But when the supposed high school main character is actually a man in his 30s, then there are more mature themes involved in the everyday day of teenagers.

It could sound like sus, but then, they made in such a way that i think its barely legal!

So go for it
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-01-07 12:06:07
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Ixn said: »
I'm looking forward to the Uzumaki adaptation, the others haven't been so good.

Recently I've been enjoying Ranking of Kings. Also surprised no one mentioned Mr. Osomatsu for comedy.
Also I have been watching older sport anime. Got into Slam Dunk, Hajime No Ippo, and Eye Shield 21 to name a few.

Hajime No Ippo is a good watch and a great read. Enjoy that One Piece+ chapter count. It'll keep you from being bored for a long time.
 Lakshmi.Cesil
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2024-01-07 13:33:50
Link | Citer | R

Dodik said: »

It's.. a lot.

omg the first time I saw this I was a kid, and the dog scene scarred me for life. D: I HATE that anime because of that, it made me cry for so long as a lil kid.
By Pantafernando 2024-01-07 13:48:31
Link | Citer | R

I vaguely remember when i read Elfen Lied.

And the most impactful aspect i remember from it is the very sad ending

Though, i dont remember if the ending was actually sad or not
 Asura.Bouleau
Serveur: Asura
user: bouleau
By Asura.Bouleau 2024-01-07 18:14:21
Link | Citer | R

Some of my top picks:

Mushishi. It's like the FFXI of anime: strikingly beautiful, meditative pacing, people who love it really love it, sadly fading into obscurity as time wears on. I'll just rewatch my favourite episodes sometimes and let the emotions wash over me.

Parasyte. Have you ever thought to yourself "I loved Captain Planet as a kid, but I'm older and angrier now and want something with teeth that won't talk down to me." Well that's incredibly specific, but Parasyte is the punk, mad as hell, straight talking, ecologically minded show for you. It almost feels like a product of the British Invasion of the 80's, but it's also sadly still relevant to date. The writing is great, with a lot of twists and turns and interesting questions about the characters. Nice horror style too.

.hack//SIGN. Man, it's .hack, the most sophisticated and accurate meditation on the way people engage with online games. It took me until my second watch to gel with the pacing. Also, one of the main plot threads is a romance that really warmed my heart.

Log Horizon. I think you can't talk about .hack without talking about Log Horizon. The "trapped in a videogame" conventions means there's less "how do people engage with online gaming" and more focus on building the mechanics of the game. The structure and delivery in the storytelling is maybe a bit better too; I'd say the relative balance is somewhat "telling a good story" vs "creating a highly realistic cast".

Concrete Revolutio. I think the most interesting anime I've ever watched. It just keeps throwing more information at you with no breaks and no filler, with an ever-growing web forming and things being set up to pay off much later. It's incredibly dense and engaging because of it. Bones did the animation, and it's as good as you should expect from the studio.

Punch Line. One of Uchikoshi's earliest writing credits. You can see him playing with adventure game tropes and structures, and his warmth to the LGBT community. I remember some of the animation sequences being really extra and well-done too.

Giant Robo. It's just a wild, wild ride. Extremely polished and consistent animation, excellent orchestral soundtrack. It radiates craftsmanship, even if you're uncultured like me and have no idea who Mr Mitsuteru Yokoyama was and what his legacy and impact is.
[+]
By Thunderjet 2024-01-08 05:00:37
Link | Citer | R

THE FINAL VILLAIN OF ONE PIECE IS *** CRAZY weird looking
YouTube Video Placeholder
By Pantafernando 2024-01-08 06:02:20
Link | Citer | R

Final like last?

Is One Piece in its final arc?
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-01-08 06:05:35
Link | Citer | R

Arc? No

Saga? Yes

We're in the endgame, theres still places to go and plot threads to tie up, things to discover that will take atleast 2 or 3 arcs, but it's no longer considered the Yonkou saga, after Wano arc's conclusion.

Egghead will be the 1st arc in the final saga.
By Pantafernando 2024-01-08 18:12:20
Link | Citer | R

Im kinda at loss here.

I never before heard people refering to saga in an anime, like a collection of arcs.

Plus, hearing endgame in a story is s first to me.

Personally when i heard endgame, i think its the story finished, now is the grind/challenge part
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-01-08 19:01:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bouleau said: »
Mushishi
all the +'s for this recommendation

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
Yonkou saga, after Wano arc's conclusion
According to the One Piece wiki, it seems that the community convention (which I'm not totally sure if it's based, at least in part, on anything official) is that Whole Cake and Wano Kuni are two different sagas, with their own arcs under them. Both are under the "The Final Sea: The New World Saga", which is basically the 2nd half of One Piece.

Pantafernando said: »
I never before heard people refering to saga in an anime, like a collection of arcs.
I used to hear it when people talked about Dragon Ball (e.g. "The Buu Saga") but I never watched DB myself, so I'm not sure if it's used in the same way as OP (saga = collection of arcs) or if it's just used interchangeably with arcs.

Either way, One Piece is just too huge, so the usage of sagas and arcs makes sense.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-01-08 20:00:49
Link | Citer | R

To summarize it I'd say East Blue is a saga, with multiple arcs underneath it; Syrup, Baratie, Arlong Park, Loguetown. Arcs encompass a character or location, where as a saga encompasses a theme or milestone.

East Blue (series intro) > Grand Line (vs Warlords) > New World (vs Yonkou) > Endgame (vs Imu and/or Blackbeard + the race to claim the one piece/become pirate king)

That's largely my own interpretation based on the multiple year end blurbs Oda leaves us summarizing that year.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-01-08 20:06:00
Link | Citer | R

To put it differently, another example is with My Hero Academia. When vigilante Deku enters the scene after the post war, Horikoshi opens that arc with "The final saga" which will encompass the latter 1/3'rd of the series and wrap up all the villains, etc. Each saga had multiple arcs within them. I think One Piece is similar, and many long form shonens are as well.

It could be confusing as to the nomenclature though.
By Pantafernando 2024-01-10 15:47:29
Link | Citer | R

Yesterday i started Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai - Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen. Seems like a funny story that im already looking for the next chapter.

Also, in parallel, im doing my second reading on Kimagure Orange★Road
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-01-20 04:08:26
Link | Citer | R

Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai - Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen.

Kaguya-sama love is a war is a very fun romcom. Ive really enjoyed the full road (280 chapter x 19 pages)

Like every other romcom, is at its strongests up till the climax, then slowly lose its appeal. Kaguya sama reached that climax at 60~70% of the story, and ended about the correct time to end

Recommended reading, now gonna check other works from the same author, what i generally do after finishing a serie
By Pantafernando 2024-02-01 06:43:33
Link | Citer | R

Last read: Hinamatsure / Hina Festival
Genre: comedy, slide of life, espers
19 vols
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-02-01 09:45:00
Link | Citer | R

19 vols
I really enjoyed the anime adaptation of that, lots of laughs.

and unrelated note Zom 100's last 3 episodes finally got released! can finally cross that one off my "bucket list" :)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-02-01 11:41:40
Link | Citer | R

Recommended reading, now gonna check other works from the same author, what i generally do after finishing a serie
I finally got around to watching Oshi no Ko. I didn't know it was by the same author as Kaguya-sama.
I liked it. Worth checking out (in whichever medium you prefer: anime or manga, manga is still ongoing anyways)

19 vols
Hinamatsuri was a fun watch
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-02-01 12:58:27
Link | Citer | R

Not gonna dig through 45 pages but I'm sure some of these have been listed already:

Berserk
Akira
Ninja Scroll
Vampire Hunter/D
Fist of the North Star
Ghost in the Shell
Cowboy Bebop
Trinity Blood
Wicked City
Samurai 7
Full Metal Alchemist/Brotherhood
Claymore
Baki
Kengan Asura
Street Fighter II (animated movie)
Trigun
Naruto/Shippuden
One Punch Man
My Hero Academia
Demon Slayer
Samurai Champloo
Hellsing
Food Wars
Animatrix
By Godfry 2024-02-01 13:46:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »
Not gonna dig through 45 pages but I'm sure some of these have been listed already:

Berserk
Akira
Ninja Scroll
Vampire Hunter/D
Fist of the North Star
Ghost in the Shell
Cowboy Bebop
Trinity Blood
Wicked City
Samurai 7
Claymore
Baki
Kengan Asura
Trigun
Naruto/Shippuden
One Punch Man
My Hero Academia
Demon Slayer
Samurai Champloo
Hellsing
Food Wars
Animatrix

Berserk
Akira
Ninja Scroll
Vampire Hunter/D
Fist of the North Star
Ghost in the Shell
Cowboy Bebop
Trinity Blood
Wicked City
Samurai 7
Claymore
Baki
Kengan Asura
Trigun
Naruto/Shippuden
One Punch Man
My Hero Academia
Demon Slayer
Samurai Champloo
Hellsing
Food Wars
Animatrix

Wtf Clint.. your top 7 is my top 7... in the same order except for Fist of the North Star.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-02-01 14:20:59
Link | Citer | R

Plot twist!

Hes your doppelgänger!

(Im saying this because im currently reading Summertime Render thats basically about doppelgängers)
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-02-01 14:46:16
Link | Citer | R

Godfry said: »
Wtf Clint.. your top 7 is my top 7... in the same order except for Fist of the North Star.

lol nice, those were in no particular order. I do like the older gritty stuff, Akira and Ninja Scroll really being my main introduction into anime (and DB/DBZ ofc, even if you didn't watch it you knew about it in the mid 90s)

I've really been into the fight anime lately, Kengan Asura specifically. There's a few slice of life and weird ones I watch, Way of the House Husband is way funnier than I thought it'd be.

Claymore feels like a female version of Berserk to me (that's a compliment). Really enjoyed that one.

Think I'm getting old now though, I'll scan through all of Netflix/Hulu/Crunchyroll and see nothing of the new stuff that interests me, go right back to watching the same ***I've already seen again lol...
[+]
By Afania 2024-02-01 15:14:43
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Oshi no Ko

I followed the manga some time ago, honestly this is kind of story that has a strong start and cliffhanger, but ultimately has way too many plot holes and deus ex machina in the story. Eventually I removed it from my list.

Anyways here is my current "following" anime list from this season(2024 winter)

- Captain Tsubasa season 2: Captain Tsubasa, My Childhood nostalgia.

- Frieren: Beyond Journey's End: I enjoyed the manga very much, though anime pushed it to another level imo.

- Villainess Level 99: Because every season needs an Isekai junk food anime :)

- Metallic Rouge: Although the story and pacing has a lot of problems, I am a huge blade runner fan and this show has too much Blade runner in it that I just can't say no. :)
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-02-01 17:52:54
Link | Citer | R

Godfry said: »

lol nice, those were in no particular order. I do like the older gritty stuff, Akira and Ninja Scroll really being my main introduction into anime (and DB/DBZ ofc, even if you didn't watch it you knew about it in the mid 90s)

I've really been into the fight anime lately, Kengan Asura specifically. There's a few slice of life and weird ones I watch, Way of the House Husband is way funnier than I thought it'd be.

Claymore feels like a female version of Berserk to me (that's a compliment). Really enjoyed that one.

Think I'm getting old now though, I'll scan through all of Netflix/Hulu/Crunchyroll and see nothing of the new stuff that interests me, go right back to watching the same ***I've already seen again lol...
Hulu has undead unluck and that is pretty dang good.
[+]
By Godfry 2024-02-01 19:54:02
Link | Citer | R

Not anime, but I really liked Arcane. 10/10!
By Shichishito 2024-02-01 19:59:48
Link | Citer | R

The correct answer is obsviously "back street girls -gokudols-".
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46