Abyssea - Casual Or Hardcore ?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea - Casual or hardcore ?
Abyssea - Casual or hardcore ?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 19 20 21
 Diabolos.Ariane
Serveur: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
By Diabolos.Ariane 2010-07-22 06:57:12
Link | Citer | R

Pimpchan, if you don't feel like Abyssea is worth your 2 hours of play time a day, then don't do it.

Seriously though, 2 hours spent exping in Abyssea is going to generally be a more practical use of your time to net exp than anything else you can do in that time.

It's gonna get you considerably more exp then doing Campaign for 2 hours would, and your likelihood of seeking for a merit party and getting one in 2 hours that would get you more exp than Abyssea is pretty low.

Of course unless you have friends or a linkshell who do Abyssea parties regularly your chances of getting into one of them quickly is kinda low too, but depending on your job you're more likely to get an invite to Abyssea.

If you want to kill NMs in Abyssea 2 hours is the perfect time frame for that, 30 mins to gather and organize, 1.5 hours in Abyssea.

I do admit that for really casual players, who can't play more than 2 hours at a time and don't have a good base of in game friends/acquaintances Abyssea still won't be that appealing, but I would think these people would have become accustomed to the fact that FFXI (and most MMOs) aren't really catered to their play needs.

Although the only complaint against Abyssea is that to get the most of out exping there, you do want to put in a good length exp run at SOME point, but you could do that once, get a job to 80 and overall have a lot more time to spend having fun on your 80 job then just grinding to it.
[+]
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
Serveur: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-07-22 07:42:33
Link | Citer | R

You guys dont understand poor pimpchan.

if he would actually try it, there could be a chance he'd like it. obviously he couldnt complain about it anymore then.

[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-07-22 08:00:51
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Jeronlmo said:
Ok, read about half of this thread and cant take the retardation

Thank you!

And sorry if I missed it, but as far as the weapons go - Verethragna (as the example) isn't your only choice. If the requirements are too high (and that's fine, really!) there are other options. It seems like there are people who want everyone to have all the "best" of everything, immediately and easily. This mentality is infecting a ton of people, and it's horrible.

But still here, at least, the more you put into it, the more you get out of it. If you want to get something, do it. If you don't have the time or effort to dedicate to it, then don't. It's *** simple. And if the people you play with don't approve of your Revenant Fists, find some different people to play with.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Soki
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-22 08:16:31
Link | Citer | R

STFU and look at what you get

10$ this expansion
Known Abyssea drops:
Item NM
Adler Ring Mangy-tailed Marvin
Afflictors Carabosse
Anguinus Belt Kukulkan
Aoidos' Belt Megamaw Mikey
Artemis' Medal Cannered Noz
Auric Dagger Cuelebre
Bale Belt Manananggal
Barcarolle Medal Poroggo Dom Juan
Bersail Cap Sacrophilus
Bifrost Ring Vetehinen
Blason Ring Siranpa-Kamuy
Cavaros Mantle Raskovnik
Clout Boots Guimauve
Corvus Torque Manananggal
Creed Collar Chukwa
Danzo Sune-ate Eccentric Eve
Estoqueur's Collar Adze
Ferine Mantle Raskovnik
Fortis Mantle Trudging Thomas
Glyph Axe Bakka
Goading Belt Lacovie
Goetia Chain Bakka
Graiai Earring Bloodguzzler
Hakke Hachimaki Briareus
Harmony Cape Hadhayosh
Hecate's Crown Fear Gorta
Heafoc Mitts Ruminator
Hero's Galea Lacovie
Hoard Ring Alectryon
Hochomasamune Ruminator
Iga Erimaki Gangly Gean
Impulse Belt Adze
Inmicus Cuisses Briareus
Issen Hachimaki Chloris
Kensho Hachimaki Ruminator
Lancer's Torque Chasmic Hornet
Libeccio Mantle Brooder
Lithe Boots Muscaliet
Ludic Mitts Chloris
Maestria Mask Abas
Matre Bragezenn Hadhayosh
Mavi Scarf Nahn
Mesmeric Cape Alkonost
Metanoia Ring Treble Noctules
Missile Boots Lentor
Navarch's Choker Piasa
Nguul Nahn
Noesis Helm Gangly Gean
Ocelot Gloves Eccentric Eve
Odium Ring Keratyrannos
Orison Cape Mangy-tailed Marvin
Ost Cerveliere Hedetat
Pedant Cape Ashtaerth the Gallvexed
Plaga Scythe Megamaw Mikey
Praeda Sabatons Balaur
Ravager's Gorget Balaur
Rokugo Hachimaki Fistule
Ryoshi Hachimaki Carabosse
Saika Hachimaki Lacovie
Salvus Mantle Clingy Clare
Savant's Treatise Guimauve
Searing Sash Arimaspi
Seigneur Shield Piasa
Senshin Hachimaki Eccentric Eve
Sentry Belt Tefenet
Serpentes Cuffs Mictlantecuhtli
Serpentes Sabots Brooder
Shunten Hachimaki Kukulkan
Siege Bow Chukwa
Sunbeam Belt Hexenpilz
Susurrus Gauntlets Depths Digester
Sylvan Scarf Minhocoa
Tantra Necklace Cuelebre
Terebellum Mantle Chasmic Hornet
Tiresias' Cape Halimede
Theurgia Clogs Depths Digester
Thew Bomblet Gancanagh
Thiazi's Belt Bombadeel
Varangian Helm Khalamari
Vermeil Bhuj Minhocoa
Wicca Subligar Olphanim

and... you can get half these drops in 1 run for 5-10 people

10$ last expansion
Blitzer Poleyn, Desultor Tassets or Tatsumaki Sitagoromo
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Serveur: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-22 09:00:24
Link | Citer | R

Midgardsormr.Soki said:
list of drops

10$ last expansion
Blitzer Poleyn, Desultor Tassets or Tatsumaki Sitagoromo

How is your post relevant to the hardcore vs casual discussion ?
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-22 09:07:15
Link | Citer | R

that its both, this tread doesnt seem to have your opinion on the matter. what do you think it is? i said 2 pages ago that its both
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-22 09:15:51
Link | Citer | R

btw, casual to me is logging in for 3-5 hours a day
any less and you get nothing done,
any more and you have enough time to get anything done,
on this 3-5 hours a day, 4 days a week, i lvled brd 75-80 in 2 weeks non abyssea

for the past two weeks on BLM75, following this 3-5 hour casual playing, i got in an ls that is doing abyssea nm runs 2 times a week. i haven't gotten any lvls on blm but 2 thew bomblets and 7k cruor
and 37-43 on dnc in MMM.

so casually making 2.8 mil. and getting 6 lvls on dnc is not GOOD or BAD, just casual.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sketchkat
Serveur: Phoenix
user: sketchkat
By Phoenix.Sketchkat 2010-07-22 09:22:39
Link | Citer | R

Lol, I don't think PC even knows what he's arguing against anymore. Everybody has already said that there are elements in Abyssea for both hardcore and casual players...is he just bitching for the fun of it at this point?

Here's something for you to try, PC: Stand up and walk around your room, and look at a random item. Doesn't matter whether it's outside your window, on your floor, whatever. Now, resist the immediate urge to list everything you hate about the item, and instead think of one positive aspect of it.

See, wasn't that nice? Happy thoughts can be fun!
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-22 09:24:25
Link | Citer | R

Oh hi known drop list that I made. Glad to see it's being put to such great use.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-07-22 09:30:25
Link | Citer | R

Ok, let me get this right. Are you saying:

1. Abyssea is not casual enough for you.
2. Raging for 29 hours+ on ffxiah about it not being casual is a good example of being a casual player.

???

[+]
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-22 09:30:31
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Oh hi known drop list that I made. Glad to see it's being put to such great use.

np
thank you

http://ffxivs.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=365266&TabID=3059614
got it here too
[+]
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-07-22 09:38:48
Link | Citer | R

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
Serveur: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-07-22 09:40:32
Link | Citer | R

/high-five Lotus!
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-22 12:21:47
Link | Citer | R

Midgardsormr.Soki said:

5 hours a day ? You are severely hardcore. It's hardly enough to work, eat, play and sleep.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-22 12:51:28
Link | Citer | R

If you can only play 2 hours a day, prob shouldn't be playing an MMO in the first place.

Casual can be many different things. can mean logging in a few hours every day, or could mean playing several hours only 2-3 days a week.
[+]
By Halfpint 2010-07-22 13:00:04
Link | Citer | R

lol...reading this stuff makes me laugh. Any part of the game can be casual or hardcore. It depends on how much time the person wants to be in the game, and what the want to accomplish. what is hardcore to you may be casual to another and a matter of opinion and there are ppl that could argue that point for months.

Personally I like Abyssea, I have limited game time, and am in an endgame shell so what time I do have is usually spent in events.

In abyssea I have gone from lvl 77 to lvl 80 with capped exp +12 merits. My enfeebling skill is capped, my enhancing skill is 2 lvls from being capped and I have gained 8 lvls in evasion, and several in other skill areas, all since abyssea opened. There has been no sitting for hours waiting on invites, no grinding away at campaign for hours cause I can't seem to hit the good long fights, and no soloing in cape terrigan. And this was all done without the 5+ hour parties.

If you are whining about the time it takes to get the new weapons get off your lazy butt and put in the effort if you want them. Since when has SE ever made it easy to get ANYTHING of that level?? If you're not going to put in the effort then quit whining.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-07-22 13:01:59
Link | Citer | R

Pretty hardcore imo, takes hours just to get that max exp and a lot of casuals don't have that time I thought?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-07-22 13:06:16
Link | Citer | R

Abyssea is, I think, the best event they've added in a long time. Yes, some of the content requires work, but drops and rewards are fairly consistent and drop rates don't suck.

Events like salvage are all luck. Sure it's not that hard but most people get to do 100's of runs just to get their gear and then 100 more for the next person in line, it's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

In Abyssea, we can go in and get several nms and get drops, 2 days a week we do a 1:30 hour event and people leave with new stuff. You can complain about anything but this event is rewarding and fun as hell.

[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-22 13:14:21
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:

Events like salvage are all luck. Sure it's not that hard but most people get to do 100's of runs just to get their gear and then 100 more for the next person in line, it's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

No need to spread bullcrap about salvage, most drop require 20-30 dedicated run only to get. 1/100 droprate don't exist, there is only one idiot on BG that has ever experienced it. This on par with gettinga duelist's chapeau for instance.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-07-22 13:16:03
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:

No need to spread bullcrap about salvage, most drop require 20-30 dedicated run only to get. 1/100 droprate don't exist, there is only one idiot on BG that has ever experienced it. This on par with gettinga duelist's chapeau for instance.

So 50 hours just for one piece? Pretty terrible imo
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-07-22 13:24:17
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure he still plays.
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-07-22 13:25:35
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Pretty hardcore imo, takes hours just to get that max exp and a lot of casuals don't have that time I thought?

That's true, but even after a very short time, xp is up to like 200/kill and it's coming every 30 seconds. That's still 24k per hour.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-22 13:26:31
Link | Citer | R

Considering has not taken a job to 80 yet, I think its safe to assume he hasn't even tried abyssea and is making baseless comments without having had try it for himself.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-07-22 13:31:55
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Quote:
Considering has not taken a job to 80 yet, I think its safe to assume he hasn't even tried abyssea and is making baseless comments without having had try it for himself.

Or it's because he's smart and the sole reason to the existance of Abyssea is empyreal weapons.

lol
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-07-22 13:32:24
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Or it's because he's smart and the sole reason to the existance of Abyssea is empyreal weapons.

Wait, what? Are you being sarcastic? There ought to be a font for that.

Edit - you've got to be. Sorry, nevermind.
[+]
 Cerberus.Rayik
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2010-07-22 13:33:17
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Midgardsormr.Soki said:

5 hours a day ? You are severely hardcore. It's hardly enough to work, eat, play and sleep.

What is your obsession with the word "hardcore"? Is THAT what this entire thread is about? You want validation from the FFXI community so that you can official dub an event a certain adjective?

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

QQ

Abyssea rocks my socks. Capped xp and 25 merits in 2 casual parties is well worth the $10. It would take a casual player weeks(maybe months) to do what I did in 2 evenings. Abyssea is saving me time by not standing around in WG trying to get a merit parties.

Nobody is forcing you to play Abyssea. Don't like it? Don't play it. Go back to poking pink birds, or better yet, just go play something else. Nothing pleases you. SE is practically spoon-feeding you xp and gear, and all you can do is whine and toss around the word "hardcore".
[+]
 Sylph.Eggos
user: Eggos
By Sylph.Eggos 2010-07-22 13:46:18
Link | Citer | R

Oooooooooooooh... he's French. This all makes sense now.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 19 20 21