Abyssea - Casual Or Hardcore ?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea - Casual or hardcore ?
Abyssea - Casual or hardcore ?
First Page 2 3 4 ... 19 20 21
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 09:51:47
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
So... Your logic for abyssea being hardcore... Is that you can buy the items? Then through the same logic, you can simply merc the Empyrean items.

That's just dumb because you already have to enter and participate to 50 runs (at least) for this to actually happen. You don't just tell someone "hey I want this item ", give him the money and get the item. You have to do the whole 50 run thing *and* pay the LS. You cannot seriouly be comparing going from white gate's mog house to white gate's Auction house and paying 50k to participate 50 NMs run and paying 50M. Idiot.

Lol you calling me an idiot, that's rich.
Pimpchan said:
edit : forgot CORs getting mvt speed roll as a consolation prize for being a ***job (less than 1% of the playerbase plays cor which is 3x less than PUP).

Coming from someone who's logic dictates a job that isn't played much is automatically crap because no-one plays it.

On topic: What about the easy to get R/ex gear? I assume that gear is pointless?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Serveur: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-21 09:54:05
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sketchkat said:
Just come right out and say it...what do you want? Stop telling everyone with an opinion that they're wrong about everything, and just tell us exactly what you want.

Why do you need to know what I want ? Every thing is in the OP. If you don't want to argue, don't. If you want to argue, do it. Do you really need other's opinion to forge your own ? Where is your opinion ? I didn't read you express any sentiment relative to the OP.

*Some have said that part of abyssea (the 'exp') is cool for casual or people bewteen casual and hardcore. I partly agree with them and gave the limits to the system (exp is easy to get outside abyssea and leveling for hours is for hardcores).

*some have negated the empyreal weapon part of abyseea

* some mentionned NMs to be casual with is partly correct and I gave the limitation of this (AH price regulated by difficulty to get)

Unicorn.Jewkitten
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2010-07-21 09:54:50
Link | Citer | R

pimpchan reminds me of those "sour ***" type chicks that even if you save a kitten from a fire and give all your money to charity they still will call you a horrible pig of a human being and spit on you.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-21 09:56:22
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Fine that can be considered hardcore

See ? expressing your opininon is easy. That's all I ask.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Serveur: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-07-21 10:02:19
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Phoenix.Sketchkat said:
Just come right out and say it...what do you want? Stop telling everyone with an opinion that they're wrong about everything, and just tell us exactly what you want.

Why do you need to know what I want ? Every thing is in the OP. If you don't want to argue, don't. If you want to argue, do it. Do you really need other's opinion to forge your own ? Where is your opinion ? I didn't read you express any sentiment relative to the OP.

Ok, here you go. I think Abyssea is one of the better things to come along in FFXI in a long time because there's something for everyone, which can't be said about most of the game's events. There are plenty of rewards for people whether they just want to kill a couple of hours with some friends, or whether they're going as a linkshell to take down some big nm's.

Finally, it's more fun than killing birds in Wajaom, and much more fun than waiting for 2 hours in WG to GET a party to go kill said birds in Wajoam.

I don't understand why nothing seems to make you happy.

[+]
 Fairy.Spence
Serveur: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-07-21 10:05:10
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sketchkat said:

Some people just like to *** and moan, it's their nature ~
[+]
 Phoenix.Sketchkat
Serveur: Phoenix
user: sketchkat
By Phoenix.Sketchkat 2010-07-21 10:10:44
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Spence said:
Valefor.Sketchkat said:

Some people just like to *** and moan, it's their nature ~

I guess you're right..that's unfortunate. If you only see the bad in everything, you miss out on a lot.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xandor
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Xandor 2010-07-21 10:11:44
Link | Citer | R

I think its the same mentality that a lot of ppl have now.

"QQ OMG!! the gear i spent YEARS on getting will soon be useless!! QQQQQQ, I wont be as 1337 anymore, because now most ppl can get the same gear i can QQQQQ"
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 10:17:04
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Xandor said:
I think its the same mentality that a lot of ppl have now.

"QQ OMG!! the gear i spent YEARS on getting will soon be useless!! QQQQQQ, I wont be as 1337 anymore, because now most ppl can get the same gear i can QQQQQ"

Pretty much. It's why people quit the game before the level cap update. Ignorance is bliss I suppose.
[+]
 Fairy.Speeral
Serveur: Fairy
user: Speeral
By Fairy.Speeral 2010-07-21 10:23:21
Link | Citer | R

This thread made me lol!!!!

Everytime I go exp in Abyssea we are set and ready to go in about 30 min. Through out the whole time in there we have 3-5 tells every 10 minutes from ppl looking to join. This is perfect for the casual player as long as that casual player has some time to invest each time they enter.

The nm's any ls casual or end game can go in focus on some nm's and farm them. All the nm's are killable and you don't need to invest a ton of time.

The empyrean weapons however are geared for the more intense hardcore player. There is content for all. I am currently working on getting gaxe and bow to the final vnm stage and then if I get the items i need i'll get the empyrean if not its still stronger then almost anything ah'able.

This game is about balance and this add-on has struck that balance content for both ends of the spectrum.

PC you need to cool down a bit. This game is not meant to be breezed through we all know this. So Take it for what it is and ejnoy the content there is tons to do in abbysea.

As far as getting stones dunno about everyone but since it came out i have always had 90-120 minutes banked and ready. I go int here 3 days a week and everytime its just plain fun.
[+]
 Alexander.Gib
Serveur: Alexander
user: Gib
By Alexander.Gib 2010-07-21 12:24:58
Link | Citer | R

it's both, clearly, I've gone in for a 60 min run with 4 people and gotten like 15k XP doing it kinda half assed.

I've also done insane 18 people six+ run hours and gotten like 400k+ XP.

Also alot more to do then just XP there btw
[+]
 Siren.Gats
Serveur: Siren
user: Gats
By Siren.Gats 2010-07-21 12:48:11
Link | Citer | R

I cant believe this guy is on here talking crap, instead of being here and arguing with people who are trying to convince you about something which is obviously true to the new expansion, that it caters to everyone's needs, you're on here bitching because trying to be "Elite" in a newly 76+ world is now difficult

you're a troll

and you're fake and gay

/thread
[+]
 Fenrir.Jeronlmo
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Jeronlmo
By Fenrir.Jeronlmo 2010-07-21 12:55:20
Link | Citer | R

Ok, read about half of this thread and cant take the retardation, if you want it so easy, go back to WoW.

Aside from the megaboss, everything can be killed with 6 people, stop sucking.
[+]
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-07-21 13:37:26
Link | Citer | R

Abyssea is casual oriented, but do you really think SE wants to make it 100% easy so we complete it in about a month or whatnot. If they just had Maat hand you a relic when you reached 75, the servers would have closed years ago due to no interest/people "beating the game". It's just more fun if there's always a goal to work toward and people with better gear than you.

Besides, 5+ hours of xp sounds like a long time, but 5+ hours xp in abyssea > 5+ hours xp anywhere else [even afb if you have a really good group] It means that if I spend that 5+ hours in abyssea xping or meriting occasionally, I end up spending less time xping over all and I can dedicate more of my time in game to getting other stuff done.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kytteh
Serveur: Ifrit
user: kytteh
By Ifrit.Kytteh 2010-07-21 15:59:13
Link | Citer | R

I took my mule from 76 to 80 w/capped exp and 5 merits last night in a shout Abyssea group that had ppl coming and going. That's pretty damned casual in my book. That'd take days at bird camp with as crappy as 99% of PUGs are these days. I can go sit in Jeuno now and casually twiddle my thumbs instead of hard core grinding for days on end. Abyssea is win.
[+]
 Asura.Majae
Serveur: Asura
user: Majae
By Asura.Majae 2010-07-21 16:02:39
Link | Citer | R

Abyssea has plenty to offer the casual player and the hardcore player. I think I fall in-between the casual and hardcore, and i love abyssea. one of the best things SE has done in awhile.

[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-07-21 16:09:05
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Jeronlmo said:
Ok, read about half of this thread and cant take the retardation, if you want it so easy, go back to WoW.

Aside from the megaboss, everything can be killed with 6 people, stop sucking.

You, sir, put the retard in retardation.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helixx
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-07-21 16:20:53
Link | Citer | R

Abyssea is fun. I saw an 18 man team doing an exp run while I was doing a 7 man NM run (ty for my item guys <3). Abyssea is worth the money.

If people think "casual" means "solo", please be disappointed since abyssea needs some scheduling and a good group; But it is worth it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-07-21 23:58:21
Link | Citer | R

Midgardsormr.Soki said:
casually hardcore for me
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-22 02:45:41
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Kytteh said:
I took my mule from 76 to 80 w/capped exp and 5 merits last night in a shout Abyssea group that had ppl coming and going. That's pretty damned casual in my book. That'd take days at bird camp with as crappy as 99% of PUGs are these days. I can go sit in Jeuno now and casually twiddle my thumbs instead of hard core grinding for days on end. Abyssea is win.

The problem is that you are considering casual a player that has a mule and does a lot of EXP. I'm sorry, it's just not right. I mean, there is nothing against exping a lot in FFXI, but in this case admit you are hardcore, and stop throwing "hard core grinding for days on end. Abyssea is win" to the player that don't choose the other path ("gear grind") and and can also be casual. Seriously in 2008 I had a mnk that logged 2H on tuesday and friday for salvage and 2H on sunday for assault and he got his full usukane in 10 months..

The problem with you is that you are hardcore (like probably a lot of people that consider themselves casual in this very thread), but don't want to admit it . Grinding exp for hours is hardcore, doing endgame is hardcore etc.

I checked your profile and you got SIX level 80 job; fishing 100 and alchemy 100 and FOURTEEN level 76 jobs. Seriously if 0 is the most casual player and 10 the most hardcore you are around 9.9

[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
Serveur: Sylph
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-22 02:48:11
Link | Citer | R

I dont think you have to be a hard core gamer to get all jobs to 75+. Game has been out for 7+ years now. its not like exping is hard.

Ill have to dig it up but I remember SE saying that Abyssea would have content for both casual and hard core gamers which seems to be true to me.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-22 02:54:56
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ifrit.Kytteh said:

The problem is that you are considering casual a player that has a mule and does a lot of EXP. I'm sorry, it's just not right. I mean, there is nothing against exping a lot in FFXI, but in this case admit you are hardcore, and stop throwing "hard core grinding for days on end. Abyssea is win" to the player that don't choose the other path ("gear grind") and and can also be casual. Seriously in 2008 I had a mnk that logged 2H on tuesday and friday for salvage and 2H on sunday for assault and he got his full usukane in 10 months..

The problem with you is that you are hardcore (like probably a lot of people that consider themselves casual in this very thread), but don't want to admit it . Grinding exp for hours is hardcore, doing endgame is hardcore etc.

I checked your profile and you got EIGHT level 80 job; fishing 100 and alchemy 100 and FOURTEEN level 76 jobs. Seriously if 0 is the most casual player and 10 the most hardcore you are around 9.9

PC needs to seriously *** off back to a wii or something. See what real casual is.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-22 03:06:59
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said:
I dont think you have to be a hard core gamer to get all jobs to 75+. Game has been out for 7+ years now. its not like exping is hard.

He already got 6 jobs to 80 in 3 weeks, so he is.
Quote:

Ill have to dig it up but I remember SE saying that Abyssea would have content for both casual and hard core gamers which seems to be true to me.

They said abyssea is for level 75 and more, but that there is content for under level 75.

How do you define a hardcore and a casual player, then? For me it's only the limit on the playtime. You can be hardcore and gimp, casual and pimp. if you play more the 2H a day (on average) you are hardcore, for me.
[+]
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-07-22 03:12:44
Link | Citer | R

2H a day average still means you could just play maybe only 3 days a week for about 4-5 hours on those days. That leaves enough time to do stuff like Abyssea.

Also, it's not like you have to do 5 hr runs, a good 3hr Abyssea run will still net you 150kish xp and that's about what a normal full xp party lasts.
[+]
 Siren.Jingles
user: Jingles
By Siren.Jingles 2010-07-22 03:20:08
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

Have you not read people's comments about getting from 75-80 within a couple hours? It's really not that difficult leveling jobs to 80 thanks to <insert drumroll here> ... Abyssea!

Stop bitching and moaning about a legitimately fun event in the game. It's honestly as hardcore or as casual as you make it. Can go in and exp for a couple hours, or do what my LS does and build up time and then go and kill NMs, possibly even making two rounds. It's flexible as hell. Some of the mobs and NMs are even soloable. It's really what you make of it.
[+]
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
Serveur: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-07-22 03:21:08
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Jingles said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

Have you not read people's comments about getting from 75-80 within a couple hours? It's really not that difficult leveling jobs to 80 thanks to <insert drumroll here> ... Abyssea!

Stop bitching and moaning about a legitimately fun event in the game. It's honestly as hardcore or as casual as you make it. Can go in and exp for a couple hours, or do what my LS does and build up time and then go and kill NMs, possibly even making two rounds. It's flexible as hell. Some of the mobs and NMs are even soloable. It's really what you make of it.

i blame the hot weather in france.
[+]
 Siren.Jingles
user: Jingles
By Siren.Jingles 2010-07-22 03:24:05
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
Siren.Jingles said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

i blame the hot weather in france.

Hey man, we have 100 degree (I suppose that would be mid-30-something in celsius?) here, and you don't see me going around QQing about not being able to get top tier gear within a month.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-22 03:28:36
Link | Citer | R

I'd say it's 50/50. Some of the NMs can be defeated by lowman groups and some require an alliance (depending on skill, of course). It has content for both players and lots of it.

The EXP part of Abyssea (and the easier NMs) is, in my opinion, made for the casual player while the NMs that drop the items for the Empyrean Weapons and the tiers before are made for the hardcore players.

This isn't a hardcore OR casual area, it's both. It's an excellent area in my opinion because unlike before, it offers something for every player.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 19 20 21