Abyssea - Casual Or Hardcore ?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea - Casual or hardcore ?
Abyssea - Casual or hardcore ?
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 19 20 21
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-24 13:58:07
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Pimpchan needs to stop being a gimp, and get the easily obtainable level 80.
elistist

Nah, it would be elitist to call you gimp for still using Usukane.

You're a gimp because you refuse to put the time into the game, and therefore have no understanding about the game anymore.
[+]
By Kailana 2010-07-24 14:08:19
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said:
Kailana said:
I wish I had 400 mil. :P Oh well at least I have a PCC. ^_____^

Nah, my mistake, I guess she did get these items finally. I had checked in a long time so I guess advice that was given to her she took.

Oh, sure, take the wind from my sails. >_> xD
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-24 14:09:48
Link | Citer | R

Hey getting to level 80, is more important than gear as long as you have the basics ^^
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-07-24 14:10:50
Link | Citer | R

What a strange argument for this thread. The point of contention about whether this new Abyssea content is "casual" or "hardcore" is odd--the update and gear is only 2 months old! It seems strange to equate Tier 1/Tier 2/Tier 3 Abyssea NM farming as some insurmountable time-sink when the game will change again so shortly.

So when September comes around, the level cap will be either 85 or 90 or somewhere in-between, and this "lol80 cap content" will be so simple. Current Tier 1/2/3 Abyssea NMs will be slapped around in short order no? To the point where mercenary guilds will be low-manning these NMs for casuals who just buy the T1 pop items off of AH?

And of course they will introduce *new* content designed to challenge 85's to 90's in that expansion/update. And, invariably, someone will complain THAT new content is incredibly hard and challenging and such an incredible time-investment as to scare off "casuals". ;_;

That is, until December, when the level cap goes to 99...and the new 99-cap content is made available... So, I would suggest holding off complaints until December no? LOL Think beyond the "perspective of now" perhaps...as hard as it is to do.

Either way, FFXIV isn't going to be out until 2011 anyway. :p
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Serveur: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-24 16:29:39
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Schutz said:

So when September comes around, the level cap will be either 85 or 90 or somewhere in-between, and this "lol80 cap content" will be so simple.

Simple and useless precisely because it will be 10 level below the cap, and then 19 levels, at best.

Quote:
I would suggest holding off complaints until December no?

This is the most clever thing to do, however why buy the extensions then ? For 5 hours exp instead of 10H outside abyssea, really ?
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-24 16:33:07
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
^
I dunno, people who buy all the other extensions.
holding off complaining has nothing to do with the ability to use a credit card.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-07-24 16:39:20
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Fenrir.Schutz said:

So when September comes around, the level cap will be either 85 or 90 or somewhere in-between, and this "lol80 cap content" will be so simple.

Simple and useless precisely because it will be 10 level below the cap, and then 19 levels, at best.

Quote:
I would suggest holding off complaints until December no?

This is the most clever thing to do, however why buy the extensions then ? For 5 hours exp instead of 10H outside abyssea, really ?

Ever heard of "time is money"?

even if abyssea was nothing else than a way to get fast exp, I would still consider it to be worth the 10 bucks just because of this.
Grumpychan said:
5 hours exp instead of 10H outside abyssea
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
Serveur: Sylph
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-24 16:48:16
Link | Citer | R

This thread seems pointless.

If you don't feel its worth the $10 to buy it then don't?

You aren't convincing anyone else not to though.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-07-24 16:49:31
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said:

He's already admitted that he is doing abyssea, and still comes here to cry about it. lol
[+]
 Seraph.Zagarikano
Serveur: Seraph
By Seraph.Zagarikano 2010-07-24 16:54:05
Link | Citer | R

level 99 gear will be from abyssea, MMM, and walk of echos only most likely. Maybe VNM.

Noone does walk of echos and it seems mediocre at best and not many NA do MMM NMs. Its safe to safe the majority of players who have good lvl 99 gear were from abyssea. Its also the place where your character can get insane buffs for fun and insane exp.

Right now, Abyssea is for casuals because the NMs are pretty easy and the top tier ones are even easy as well. This is not including atma buffs or HP MP boost that you can use with crour. With those, the top tier bosses can probably even be lowmanned. At level 99 they can be probably soloed. The drop rates aren't too bad and every little noobie can enter this zone and have fun.So its casual I would think.
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Chazzyphizzle 2010-07-24 16:58:59
Link | Citer | R

Nice bazaar.
 Asura.Cerelyn
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Cerelyn 2010-07-25 04:39:35
Link | Citer | R

Would RNG be welcome to an Abyssea exp/cruor farm run you'd say?
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-07-25 04:40:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Cerelyn said:

I prefer RNGs for worm runs in plateau ;x
[+]
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-07-25 04:42:40
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Btw, why is AFB your standard for getting xp? It's not the most common method of xping and it's certainly not casual.

It's more casual than alliance exp. There is always an AB party going on somewhere, all you have to do is bring your SMN and leech merits.

So you assume everyone just wants to exp or merit their smn? well, sorry, i dont get any exp on blm, rdm etc when i smn burn on my smn. problem spotted!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lileana
user: Sumiyaka
By Carbuncle.Lileana 2010-07-25 04:44:54
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rinako said:
Asura.Cerelyn said:

Yes Most groups take any DD but fair warning be rdy to burn lots of food and arrows. lol
[+]
 Asura.Cerelyn
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Cerelyn 2010-07-25 05:55:33
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Lileana said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:
Asura.Cerelyn said:

Yes Most groups take any DD but fair warning be rdy to burn lots of food and arrows. lol
That's fine. I'm cooking 100 and can make my own arrows so that's not an issue :p
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-25 06:09:40
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Lileana said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:
Asura.Cerelyn said:

What If I want to meree-rdm or skill up dagger on brd ? That's my 10 €.
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-25 06:12:52
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Carbuncle.Lileana said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:
Asura.Cerelyn said:

Go for it, its not like abyessa exp is hardcore or anything. :)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lileana
user: Sumiyaka
By Carbuncle.Lileana 2010-07-25 06:41:22
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Carbuncle.Lileana said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:
Asura.Cerelyn said:

Since when was rdm and brd classifed as DD?

Anyway as long as you do what your suppost to do I doubt groups would really care. But I don't see your point not like you can't skill up dagger or Melee rdm in smn burn either. Which seems to be your main sorce of exp
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-07-25 07:25:11
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Carbuncle.Lileana said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:
Asura.Cerelyn said:

Would a regular casual exp/merit pt allow you to skillup dagger on brd? I think not.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-25 07:46:16
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Carbuncle.Lileana said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:
Asura.Cerelyn said:

Would a regular casual exp/merit pt allow you to skillup dagger on brd? I think not.

Is that your way to admit that abyssea uses the same rules "melee front, mage cure ***" ? Sound like abyssea-exp is nothing more than 3 merits parties packed together. Soon you will have SAM-MNK-WAR only abyssea exp paired with bard rotation only, whm and smn unwanted because rdm do the same better etc. I mean once you realise that using DRG or DRK is shitting your exp you will follow the same process as in meripos.

[+]
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-07-25 08:01:22
Link | Citer | R

Except that the joy of abyssea is that you don't have to worry about stuff like breaking xp chain which takes a lot of the pressure off super optimizing. Kill speed is nice but having people do the the right things is nearly as important. And at least BLM and/or BLU will always have a place thanks to the way they designed abyssea.

And pretty much every xp party is melee front, mage back. From valkurm all the way to bhaflau, why would it suddenly be different?
[+]
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-07-25 08:04:46
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:

Being hardcore means that you camp HNMs, do salvage/limbus/einherjar/VNM/dyna and have lots of nice weapons/good gear/skill/good macros

No. Hardcore means playing a lot, that is all. You can have full usu and play 6 hours a week.
Also, missed this one a little bit ago. Someone playing 6 hrs a week could have 3 80 jobs at this point but you automatically assumed someone that had 3 80 jobs was hardcore a little bit back, how's that work?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-07-25 08:34:25
Link | Citer | R

it is hardcore based on his opinion, clearly he is right lol
[+]
 Hades.Yzzerdd
Serveur: Hades
user: Yzzerdd
By Hades.Yzzerdd 2010-07-25 08:57:00
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said:

It is, almost everyone of his posts are pointed to argue against anyone else's opinion in anyway possible. If you don't like abyssea, its content or its style of play then don't do it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-25 09:34:09
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Except that the joy of abyssea is that you don't have to worry about stuff like breaking xp chain which takes a lot of the pressure off super optimizing. Kill speed is nice but having people do the the right things is nearly as important. And at least BLM and/or BLU will always have a place thanks to the way they designed abyssea.

And pretty much every xp party is melee front, mage back. From valkurm all the way to bhaflau, why would it suddenly be different?

I think this the most hypocrite post of the thread.

Yes or no is the game unbalanced when it comes to DD and mages ?

(1) The reason you put mages behind is because they do ***melee damage, but are good at curing

(2)The reason you prefer MNK or SAM to DRG is that DRG is fail at DD and better at ..nothing

(3) The reason you don't get invite PLD is the same.
(4) the reason rdm is preferred to smn follows the same logic

So there is no more reason to prefer the DRG front/smn support than
the rdm melee, the brd melee and not buffing, the DRG wearing full AF2+1, the pld skilling up staff. If you go by the logic "abyseea is cool guyz anyone can get exp on any job", then you should allow rdm and brdz to melee.

[+]
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Serveur: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-07-25 10:03:33
Link | Citer | R

Nobody likes you, nobody agrees with you, and nobody cares what you have to say. There's a reason everyone lines up to do Abyssea...learn to accept it. If you can't handle this fact, go back to paying 300k to stand in Koroloka, or better yet, just quit. I guarantee NOBODY will miss you.

If you act the same way offline as you you do online, I truly feel bad for anyone who has the misfortune of having to speak to you on a regular basis.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-25 10:19:45
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sketchkat said:
Nobody likes you, nobody agrees with you, and nobody cares what you have to say. There's a reason everyone lines up to do Abyssea...learn to accept it. If you can't handle this fact, go back to paying 300k to stand in Koroloka, or better yet, just quit. I guarantee NOBODY will miss you.

If you act the same way offline as you you do online, I truly feel bad for anyone who has the misfortune of having to speak to you on a regular basis.

I'm hurt.
Quote:
o back to paying 300k to stand in Koroloka,

what idiot pay for ab ? you ? you have no friends ? suck less
[+]
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Serveur: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-07-25 10:21:50
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sketchkat said:

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 19 20 21