80 COR whats gonna be the sub job of choice
First Page 2
 Fenrir.Takien
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Takien
By Fenrir.Takien 2010-06-25 12:38:32
Link | Citer | R

I made it through most of my COR career not having to go /whm, mostly since I used it for meriting and farming. With haste as a /whm spell I see myself using it alot more. Although /blm for times when group dosent need the support could do some very nice QD numbers. Then theres /rdm after the next update for refresh and well we now can convert. To me it's looking like /whm all the way. Anyone think of some other sub job choices at 80?
 Carbuncle.Solzera
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Solzera
By Carbuncle.Solzera 2010-06-25 12:45:15
Link | Citer | R

All depends on what your doing. /whm is incredibly useful in making cor a support job /nin is still probably best for pulling /rng is great for damage and /dnc for funsies. I personally like /dnc because of my M.Kris and haste gear for tp building.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-06-25 12:45:22
Link | Citer | R

Depends alot on what you'r doing tbh..
Meleeing? Chances are you need acc, \rng or \drg.
Meleeing + curing?! \dnc (duh)

Shooting? Dont need acc? \war Need acc? \rng

Supporting? \whm

Want to DD but cant feed tp\cant hit the mob? \blm or \blu or w\e you prefer for QD.

\sam over \war if you have good enough gear to make a good 5hit or w\e and blablabla.

Pretty much just the same as it was before the update!
 Fenrir.Takien
By Fenrir.Takien 2010-06-25 12:47:59
Link | Citer | R

OH ya sublimation and accesion on /sch. /sam looks good to now that sekki is lowered to 40. Then haste samba after next update for /dnc. Dang now to finish off a decent MP set, and RATK set.
 Sylph.Kimble
Serveur: Sylph
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-06-25 12:49:54
Link | Citer | R

COR didn't really get much of a boost from subs this update as 37-40 you get nothing from /WAR, 37-40 you only get Shadowbind and Widescan IV, /SAM does give Sekkanoki.

Really, it will be the same as its always been when coming to sub jobs.
 Diabolos.Ghlin
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-06-25 12:51:08
Link | Citer | R

i think /whm over /sch still. /sch gives mp efficiency abilities, but /whm now gives more spells. stona and haste are added to the cor's utility spell list now.

if you *really* need to deal damage and there is absolutely 0 need for utility, then your /war or /ranger is good to go. however, cor/whm can still shoot, melee, and slugshot. so, i even say for most EG activities, if you're going to melee, /whm is still a safe bet.
 Fenrir.Takien
By Fenrir.Takien 2010-06-25 12:51:26
Link | Citer | R

Im thinking /sch may win out on the support healing roll since many jobs are gonna be able to haste now. I thinks light arts and the MP conservation along with sublimation and able to accession na's will be more of a benift then just being able to haste. Especially with a limited MP pool , Light arts and sublimation 10% less mp cost and some instant MP could come in handy. Accesion + regen2 has always been almost broken for sch now we can do /sch.

Asura.Santanah
Serveur: Asura
user: SantanaK6
By Asura.Santanah 2010-06-26 02:49:38
Link | Citer | R

/RDM is probably the best of all worlds. MAB II, heals, Phalanx, Stonekin, debuffs.

I'd leave /WHM and /SCH to the BRDs.
[+]
 Phoenix.Smileybone
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-06-26 02:55:04
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Ghlin said:
i think /whm over /sch still. /sch gives mp efficiency abilities, but /whm now gives more spells. stona and haste are added to the cor's utility spell list now.

if you *really* need to deal damage and there is absolutely 0 need for utility, then your /war or /ranger is good to go. however, cor/whm can still shoot, melee, and slugshot. so, i even say for most EG activities, if you're going to melee, /whm is still a safe bet.

If you're /whm you should be curing/removing status effects or resting not meleeing/shooting. Just wasting time/bullets and feeding the mob TP. If you want to melee and heal come /dnc.
[+]
 Cerberus.Soluna
Serveur: Cerberus
user: GE4
By Cerberus.Soluna 2010-06-26 02:55:34
Link | Citer | R

Depends on situation blah blah blah, why the hell has no one mentioned BLU? More AGI+ from spells, Chain Affinity, Attack Bonus, and Max MP boost along with all the previous goodies the job has brought. I just don't like the part where I can see myself now being shoved into /WHM solely so I can haste while the healer does healer stuff.
 Sylph.Maruraba
Serveur: Sylph
user: Maruraba
By Sylph.Maruraba 2010-06-26 02:57:20
Link | Citer | R

Due to the large number of hints that SE wants us to shoot more (and I'm fine with that, considering some of the new guns from Trial of the Magians), and the fact that Velocity Shot will be available at 90, I see /rng being the best sub in the long run for your everyday kind of thing. I'm looking forward to that and to what kind of new rolls we get.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-06-26 03:00:27
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Maruraba said:
Due to the large number of hints that SE wants us to shoot more (and I'm fine with that, considering some of the new guns from Trial of the Magians), and the fact that Velocity Shot will be available at 90, I see /rng being the best sub in the long run for your everyday kind of thing. I'm looking forward to that and to what kind of new rolls we get.

Ya unless we get a marksmanship buff I think /rng will prolly be needed over /war more often now.

Edit: That is, as far as DDing goes.
 Asura.Flufferkins
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Flufferkins 2010-06-27 08:48:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Santanah said:
/RDM is probably the best of all worlds. MAB II, heals, Phalanx, Stonekin, debuffs.

I'd leave /WHM and /SCH to the BRDs.

RDM can't remove a single status ailment. LOL@you If you think throwing out a few cure 3's with your teenie tiny MP pool is the the most efficient.

Maybe you should at least get cor to 75 before you come blathering that ***on the forums.

[+]
 Diabolos.Gira
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-27 08:59:05
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
COR has and always will be versatile as far as subs.

I was never fond of /blm.../rdm is only 4 mab less and it has cures/stoneskin/blink/phalanx. (At 75)

Now...at 80 (and even at 99) /rdm has the same MAB as /blm, so black mage will be pointless unless you really need warp. lol

/WAR /SAM and /RNG will still be the DD subs of choice.

/NIN still for pulling/situations where you need shadows.

/DNC decent for some things like Nyzul

/SCH and /WHM both really good for support healing.

This thread could have/should have stopped after this comment. It's really all there is to say.

My only addenda is that COR/sch or COR/whm is such an epic waste of a good job... Whenever I see a fellow COR in MP gear and a peacemaker I say "Yo, Bard; YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!"

The only time I ever went COR/sch was when I duo'd Charby with a NIN. I went /whm a few times per my salvage leader's request... Now I run my own salvage group and am never doing something so stupid ever again. Also, ever since the addition of DNC, a COR would do way better at healing as a /dnc than he could /mage-without compromising the majority of his/her dot etc.

COR's who prioritize their MP build and show up to merits /healer by choice make me cringe.

/whm and /sch should only happen once a blue moon(like low-manning an NM, and I mean REALLY LOW-manning) for extenuating circumstances... Like if FOR SOME REASON no one else is capable of casting paralyna... and if that's the case-and you're NOT low-manning something-that means you have to pick up the slack from other people's incompetence. In a well organized set up a COR should never be in a position where its most useful sub is sch or whm. RDM for Quick Draw in certain events is fine of course.
[+]
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-06-27 09:35:51
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Gira said:
My only addenda is that COR/sch or COR/whm is such an epic waste of a good job... Whenever I see a fellow COR in MP gear and a peacemaker I say "Yo, Bard; YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!"

The only time I ever went COR/sch was when I duo'd Charby with a NIN. I went /whm a few times per my salvage leader's request... Now I run my own salvage group and am never doing something so stupid ever again. Also, ever since the addition of DNC, a COR would do way better at healing as a /dnc than he could /mage-without compromising the majority of his/her dot etc.

COR's who prioritize their MP build and show up to merits /healer by choice make me cringe.

/whm and /sch should only happen once a blue moon(like low-manning an NM, and I mean REALLY LOW-manning) for extenuating circumstances... Like if FOR SOME REASON no one else is capable of casting paralyna... and if that's the case-and you're NOT low-manning something-that means you have to pick up the slack from other people's incompetence. In a well organized set up a COR should never be in a position where its most useful sub is sch or whm. RDM for Quick Draw in certain events is fine of course.

COR/dd compared to a DD job sucks just as much as COR/mage compared to a mage job. I agree just as much as the next guy that popping out 2k slugs on birds is fun but in endgame your DD's should be able to get enough dmg done w/o your help. COR/mage can really help out healers by keeping ppl capped HP/throwing out odd erases/-na spells, light shots and really just supporting the party. If your DD's really need your help killing that mob fine come /war but in the end it really wouldn't make all the more difference then coming /whm.
[+]
 Diabolos.Gira
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-27 11:36:22
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Diabolos.Gira said:

COR/dd compared to a DD job sucks just as much as COR/mage compared to a mage job. I agree just as much as the next guy that popping out 2k slugs on birds is fun but in endgame your DD's should be able to get enough dmg done w/o your help. COR/mage can really help out healers by keeping ppl capped HP/throwing out odd erases/-na spells, light shots and really just supporting the party. If your DD's really need your help killing that mob fine come /war but in the end it really wouldn't make all the more difference then coming /whm.

Maybe they lack the gear I've struggled to obtain or something, I don't know, but on Saramaya(sp?) the T4 cerberus type ZNM My slugs only fall short of a Ranger's damage by 10%. On Kirin I can do 350~ damage wind shots WITHOUT subbing RDM, 400+ if I do. On top of being able to land plenty of /ra's and Detonators (more accurate than slug shot so prefer it on Kirin).

If your COR isn't just a few steps short of a Ranger, then his gear needs serious work. The Gear gap between COR and RNG is hardly noticeable these days. Granted, NOW RNG has double shot, but still COR can compete for damage.

If you say COR should just leave the damage to the DD's and heal; I say one of those DD's shoulda just came mage then.

I'm didn't level COR to impersonate a BRD, I play the job the way it was intended to be played. If I wanted to buff and heal BRD does it way better with access to refresh gear.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2010-06-27 11:42:02
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Gira said:

If you're seeing a SAM WAR or RNG subbing WHM, it may be a waste, but COR, tbh it's not much different from a BRD...... Except COR gets slug shot WS(BRD also has nice WS Evisceration ), Rapid Shot job trait and a bit(just a bit) higher combat skill level.

I don't see what's wrong with COR/WHM support heal and remove the status ailment the pt and help the pt stay alive if needed.Especially if the pt setup just needs more cure.

/WHM also has Stoneskin and blink, to increase the survivability, which is very useful in endgame situations. I personally like /WHM way more than /SCH(Which has no stoneskin and erase, kinda sucked :/ ) or /RDM.

And peacemaker is also useful to help sleep the links or mobs that's awake in events, I don't see what's wrong with running around with a peacemaker.

Diabolos.Gira said:
Like if FOR SOME REASON no one else is capable of casting paralyna..

Ok, so casting paralyna is WHM's job, isn't DDing a WAR or RNG's job also? I believe WHM would be very happy to have someone helping them casting paralyna when 12 frontline jobs getting paralyzed by AoE moves.

Tbh, sometimes I just hate to see CORs insist not to /WHM when needed and come /RNG, feeding the mob TP, missing slug shots while everyone else in the pt is taking AoE dmg and dying.

Well, of course this all depends on the pt setup and what you're doing. This job is all about helping the pt to get their job done. If /WHM helps the pt more then /WHM, if the pt needs more fire power and /WAR or /RNG helps the pt more then go ahead. But just don't say /WHM is "DOING IT WRONG". Because it's not.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-06-27 11:50:23
Link | Citer | R

Definitely /RNG, because we'll be the only job that can reliably land Shadowbind as a sub!
[+]
 Leviathan.Scid
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Scid 2010-06-27 11:50:58
Link | Citer | R

Shits situational.
[+]
 Diabolos.Gira
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-27 12:00:21
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
I regularly lowman things and often need /whm or /sch geared for MP. Often the damage I could be doing (and tp I could be feeding) is outweighed by the extra -na's and cures of /whm or /sch I could be casting.

I only sub it when it's necessary.

I hate /whm and /sch as much as the next guy but when it get's down to it, it's just the brutal reality that it's more beneficial sometimes.
Which I said, I'm willing to bite that bullet (pun not entirely intended) if it's a low man situation and necessary. Otherwise /mage is a waste.
Ragnarok.Afania said:

Diabolos.Gira said:

If you're seeing a SAM WAR or RNG subbing WHM, it may be a waste, but COR, tbh it's not much different from a BRD...... Except COR gets slug shot WS(BRD also has nice WS Evisceration ), Rapid Shot job trait and a bit(just a bit) higher combat skill level.

I don't see what's wrong with COR/WHM support heal and remove the status ailment the pt and help the pt stay alive if needed.Especially if the pt setup just needs more cure.

/WHM also has Stoneskin and blink, to increase the survivability, which is very useful in endgame situations. I personally like /WHM way more than /SCH(Which has no stoneskin and erase, kinda sucked :/ ) or /RDM.

And peacemaker is also useful to help sleep the links or mobs that's awake in events, I don't see what's wrong with running around with a peacemaker.

Diabolos.Gira said:
Like if FOR SOME REASON no one else is capable of casting paralyna..

Ok, so casting paralyna is WHM's job, isn't DDing a WAR or RNG's job also? I believe WHM would be very happy to have someone helping them casting paralyna when 12 frontline jobs getting paralyzed by AoE moves.

Tbh, sometimes I just hate to see CORs insist not to /WHM when needed and come /RNG, feeding the mob TP, missing slug shots while everyone else in the pt is taking AoE dmg and dying.

Well, of course this all depends on the pt setup and what you're doing. This job is all about helping the pt to get their job done. If /WHM helps the pt more then /WHM, if the pt needs more fire power and /WAR or /RNG helps the pt more then go ahead. But just don't say /WHM is "DOING IT WRONG". Because it's not.

First of all, yes it is. Second, I was specifically referencing the last COR I invited to a merit (When I go PUP someone's gatta do the rolls!) and he came out cor/whm to the Thickets in MP gear... how utterly *** useless...

Third, if you roll with CORs who can't land slug shots, find some better CORs. Or at least ask them to unlock Detonator/Leaden Salute.

Fourth, if you DD's keep taking Aoe, you can ***' sub DNC for all I care or get another mage. My SCH (Assisted with some lovely ballads of course) healed a 12 person alliance through 25 minutes of Nidhogg before another not-PLD healer showed up. Also, if there's so much AoE that the RANGED DAMAGE DEALER has to NOT DO HIS DAMAGE out of range OF THE AOE DAMAGE and the only person capable of DD'ing WITHOUT BEING AN MP SPONGE has to sub mage to heal the DD's who ARE IN AOE RANGE... that's just bad logic. If the DD's can't do damage without draining MP use RNG COR SMN BLM SCH damage from afar... much more efficient...

Fifth, if no one else has a versatile job spread and everyone one is a solitary 75 and it's a lolDD onry and you HAVE to send melees into AoE range to be MP sponges... "YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!!!"

Only major end-game situation where I voluntarily come /sch or /whm are to Wyrms where you're forced to be an MP sponge in melee range; of course I'd rather go SCH to that as listed above (or PUP, my PUP tears niddy apart and pet has never dropped below 75% hp). But usually been SCH for need of healing.
By Afania 2010-06-27 12:05:50
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Gira said:

The Gear gap between COR and RNG is hardly noticeable these days. Granted, NOW RNG has double shot, but still COR can compete for damage.

Lol that's so not true.
What makes RNG good at ranged attack is not because of gears, but their job trait and JAs.Velocity shot gives Ranged Attack + 15% Ranged Attack Delay -15%, and snapshot gives -2% delay per point, it works like haste and RNGs spam ranged attack way WAY faster than COR. Accuracy bouns also gives 48 racc so they can eat attack food instead of sushi when fighting high eva high lv mobs.

If you want to talk about gears, most of the good gears COR can equip can be equipped by RNG too, but many good RNG gears such as Silver bullets/Fransisca/Kriegsbeil/RNG relic feet/Kirin's Osode/ can't be equipped by CORs. Well now at least COR can use the same new pimp gun as RNG, before can only look at Hellfire +1 or Annihilator and /drool.

Basically I'd say unless COR gets new offensive job trait or JA, it's hard for a COR to compete with a RNG with just gears. Unless that RNG is gimp and not eating food.

Diabolos.Gira
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-27 12:10:15
Link | Citer | R

Chaos roll jackpot with drk in party or hat proc is +41% attack/ranged attack. A mediocre result on Chaos Roll without the bonus (let's say a 7) is +16%. At worst my COR will have a 1% greater attack boost than that RNG.

Also I have a 4-hit slug shot/detonator (depending on situation).

When RNGs get cocky like that I purposefully deny them to share in on the roll and let them watch the difference in our damage when he doesn't get to share my chaos roll. Then when he's had a healthy helping of "shut the *** up" he can have chaos roll again.

My COR is never far behind a RNG... unless they're a lucky (*** sword) with a Kclub.

PS: Why is everyone hating on COR DD?

We're not SUPPOSED to out parse the jobs that ONLY DD, we're supposed to add respectable DMG (very respectable when it comes to my COR I might add) while ENHANCING everyone else's DD considerably. Chaos roll makes double minuet look like ***, and with a DRK in party (or hat procs) it makes a SOUL VOICE DOUBLE MINUET look like ***. And with a COR who knows ***about his job and an AF2 hat (or a DRK in party <3) You'll have an attack boost that *** slaps SV Dbl. Min much more often then you can have SV Dbl. Min.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-06-27 12:11:19
Link | Citer | R

COR/PUP. /thread.
 Diabolos.Gira
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-27 12:14:43
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said:
COR/PUP. /thread.
/hug. Thank you for that. <3
By Afania 2010-06-27 12:38:45
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Gira said:

Chaos roll jackpot with drk in party or hat proc is +41% attack/ranged attack. A mediocre result on Chaos Roll without the bonus (let's say a 7) is +16%. At worst my COR will have a 1% greater attack boost than that RNG.

Also I have a 4-hit slug shot/detonator (depending on situation).

When RNGs get cocky like that I purposefully deny them to share in on the roll and let them watch the difference in our damage when he doesn't get to share my chaos roll. Then when he's had a healthy helping of "shut the *** up" he can have chaos roll again.

LOL
Since when did this job COR became a job to play hero and not giving buffs to pt members, just so you can do higher dmg and beat them?

Diabolos.Gira said:

PS: Why is everyone hating on COR DD?

We're not SUPPOSED to out parse the jobs that ONLY DD, we're supposed to add respectable DMG (very respectable when it comes to my COR I might add) while ENHANCING everyone else's DD considerably. Chaos roll makes double minuet look like ***, and with a DRK in party (or hat procs) it makes a SOUL VOICE DOUBLE MINUET look like ***. And with a COR who knows ***about his job and an AF2 hat (or a DRK in party <3) You'll have an attack boost that *** slaps SV Dbl. Min much more often then you can have SV Dbl. Min.

Why suddenly bring up this BRD V.S COR?

And no one is hating COR DD, I'm just pointing out that /WHM can be more beneficial to the pt when needed. Insist to /WHM all the time or insist to /DD all the time regardless the situation is all "DOING IT WRONG". Sometimes adding "Respectable dmg" just isn't as helpful as throwing an erase. Yes, you can get more healers if you need cure, but you can also get more DDs if you need firepower.
This game is all about team work, and using the most beneficial jobs and subs to the pt.

Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-27 12:52:03
Link | Citer | R

Speaking for the point of corsair alone (Brd:??? lolz) Corsair simply cannot compete with Bard because of Elegy. Not even march is as big a life saver as landing Carnage (And hopefully soon, Massacre) elegy. Corsair and bard compliment eachother more so than take the other job's role though. A Bard+Corsair is almost always a better option than a Bard+Bard. Corsair's buffs are much more potent, but they have the weakeness of manipulating friend/foe's attack speed that will always ensure the Bard has a niche.

Anyway, COR/WHM for Non-Melee purposes. COR/DNC or COR/RNGfor DD purposes. I'd say COR/DNC if you want to augment your party's support abilities a little more, and COR/RNG if you want to focus on gunplay.

COR/NIN for pulling focus
 Diabolos.Gira
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-27 13:04:25
Link | Citer | R

It's not playing Hero. If a RNG wants to talk ***and belittle my damage, he can just /ra without Chaos roll till he learns some respect. Don't waste my time on that ***. I don't spite to show off.
First Page 2