Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » 80 COR whats gonna be the sub job of choice
80 COR whats gonna be the sub job of choice
By Afania 2010-06-27 13:40:31
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Gira said:
It's not playing Hero. If a RNG wants to talk ***and belittle my damage, he can just /ra without Chaos roll till he learns some respect. Don't waste my time on that ***. I don't spite to show off.

That's as funny as saying a well geared BRD with tiger pants/mandau/hecatomb can do good dmg and compete with a DD job because they can self-haste 20%+, and other DDs can't not. Even though BRD can self-haste, we still keep saying BRD sucked at doing dmg, all the time. But that doesn't mean we don't repect a BRD.

Saying dmg about COR has nothing to do with respect or not. Just because one job is capable of doing dmg more than the other job doens't mean we don't respect the other job.

With all the JA, job trait and gears of RNG, whether COR wins with chaos roll or not is still a big ?

By Afania 2010-06-27 15:47:14
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Gira said:

First of all, yes it is. Second, I was specifically referencing the last COR I invited to a merit (When I go PUP someone's gatta do the rolls!) and he came out cor/whm to the Thickets in MP gear... how utterly *** useless...

Third, if you roll with CORs who can't land slug shots, find some better CORs. Or at least ask them to unlock Detonator/Leaden Salute.

Fourth, if you DD's keep taking Aoe, you can ***' sub DNC for all I care or get another mage. My SCH (Assisted with some lovely ballads of course) healed a 12 person alliance through 25 minutes of Nidhogg before another not-PLD healer showed up. Also, if there's so much AoE that the RANGED DAMAGE DEALER has to NOT DO HIS DAMAGE out of range OF THE AOE DAMAGE and the only person capable of DD'ing WITHOUT BEING AN MP SPONGE has to sub mage to heal the DD's who ARE IN AOE RANGE... that's just bad logic. If the DD's can't do damage without draining MP use RNG COR SMN BLM SCH damage from afar... much more efficient...

Fifth, if no one else has a versatile job spread and everyone one is a solitary 75 and it's a lolDD onry and you HAVE to send melees into AoE range to be MP sponges... "YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!!!"

Only major end-game situation where I voluntarily come /sch or /whm are to Wyrms where you're forced to be an MP sponge in melee range; of course I'd rather go SCH to that as listed above (or PUP, my PUP tears niddy apart and pet has never dropped below 75% hp). But usually been SCH for need of healing.

Different LS, different event, different mob fighting, different ppl to play with, different situation.

It's easy to sit in in front of computer and keep saying "just change the pt setup" "Just get more healer" "Just play with ppl with multiple jobs" "Just do this" "Just do that". Just so CORs can DD? When the whole problem can be solved with /WHM.

Shooting stuff on COR may be "Playing the way intented to be played", doesn't mean it's the most effective way to play it all the time.

RDM is intented to be played as a melee mage no? With B sword skill(Same as COR's marksmanship) and enspells, but in the end I play it like a backline job like 100000 other RDMs on the street. I want to play NIN like an assassin, in the end I ended up tanking. NIN wasn't even intented to be played like a tank.

In be4 RDMs claim they play like melee, NINs play like an assassin.

[+]
 Remora.Meredoc
Serveur: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Doc2love
By Remora.Meredoc 2010-06-27 16:38:48
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know of a good support mp gear set?
[+]
 Remora.Meredoc
By Remora.Meredoc 2010-06-27 16:47:11
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Item Sets

It looks a little messy at first, but when you click the links it lines up into neat rows.

TY Toy!
 Phoenix.Smileybone
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-06-27 16:55:23
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Item Sets

It looks a little messy at first, but when you click the links it lines up into neat rows.

Morgana neck for MP build? D:
 Phoenix.Smileybone
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-06-27 17:00:23
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Item Sets

Morgana neck for MP build? D:

Ah! Thank you :D

Ya I didn't even know Pixie Headpin exists til I saw it in your build so I suppose I can thank you too :P
 Diabolos.Gira
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-27 18:35:17
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
I was totally anti-/whm too until I opened my eyes and saw that it's just more beneficial to the group sometimes.
For the last time. Yes, low man /mage can be the best way to go and I've done that.

@ whoever said whatever about a WAR dying: The RNG was up the whole fight. Also I never said I out DD'd him I said my slug shots were only 10% behind his Sidewinders in damage and that was of course with my chaos roll helping him.

@ whoever said whatever about relic BRD... that's not even remotely close... How many BRDs have a Mandau exactly...? Any COR can pick up a martial gun and some steel bullets and ***' slug shot.

@ everyone who's blind and ignorant and missing the point. I hate the stigma that /whm /sch is the BEST way to play COR end game which I hear all the time on my server from CORs who (of course) don't even have a decent slug build.

I play the game to have fun. COR/whm in an alliance where I could be putting out nearly as much DMG as the RNG next to me is ***-*** boring.

If I'm gunna be healing, I'm going SCH. It's why I leveled SCH.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-06-27 19:02:41
Link | Citer | R

ITT we learn about eyeballing dmg then lying about it on the internet to try and grow our epenis'.

I would ask for SS but we all know that would only lead to 2 possible results. 1. Excuse as to why said SS doesn't exist or 2. single SS that shows the Cor doing a WS of similar or higher dmg than X rng.

This people, is why we can't have nice things.
[+]
 Diabolos.Gira
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-27 19:18:48
Link | Citer | R

/lol at the "pics or it didn't happen" card.

You know, in a world where people are so thick they can deny genocide, I think I'm just going to let this one go. Some of you seem like you could use an odd sense of victory anyway so here ya go, no charge.

Was fun everyone! Have fun ranting your monitors.
 Caitsith.Silvaria
Serveur: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Silvaria 2010-06-27 19:21:12
Link | Citer | R

RNG has always been my sub of choice and will continue to be.
 Asura.Santanah
Serveur: Asura
user: SantanaK6
By Asura.Santanah 2010-06-27 20:04:04
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Item Sets

Just awesome, thanks a lot :D
 Leviathan.Kaidon
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kaidon
By Leviathan.Kaidon 2010-06-27 20:49:14
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Item Sets

This is probably the most useful thing on this thread!
 Remora.Meredoc
By Remora.Meredoc 2010-06-27 21:18:08
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Kaidon said:
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Item Sets

This is probably the most useful thing on this thread!

Is why I asked for it.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2010-06-29 07:43:25
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
I was totally anti-/whm too until I opened my eyes and saw that it's just more beneficial to the group sometimes.

Same, what Gira said on the forum is what I used to say to my friends and LS all the time. "If I want to buff and heal I'd level BRD" "I just play this job like it's intended to be played""Stop subbing WHM". Now I enjoy /WHM as much as other DD subs, start subbing them more and more. Helping the pt with /WHM spells is just as fun as going /ra spammy spammy or land big dmg WS on birds. It's also a nice change of play style.

Cerberus.Giguni said:

3. Show me an actual quote from SE personnel saying that "COR is supposed to be a DD job" or "COR is not supposed to be played a certain way" and I'll believe you.

COR subbing WHM is certainly not a waste or wrong way to play, unlike /DNC, it can heal the pt without giving the mob TP. If a well geared COR/RNG can be used as a half RNG and help the pt in dmg output aspect, then a well geared/merited COR/WHM who is good at it can also be used as half WHM and help the pt just as much. /WHM with some MP gears/merit can reach 450+~600MP and has access to half of the WHM spells. Although COR has no access to mage/refresh gears, this job still has evokers/scholers/healers rolls for MP management. Compare with BRD you have plenty of time to keep those rolls on you and time to sit down and heal for MP.

There are many situations when 1 healer is not enough for the pt, especially when mobs has AoE dmg move or AoE status ailment move. Instead of finding another healer I just /WHM and problem solved.I'm talking about any none-HNM fight that you don't RNG/BLM/SMN burn and has a chance to encounter mobs with AoE dmg/status ailment. Such as Salvage/Nyzul/Limbus/even EXP pts etc.

Maybe this job was intended to be played as support and DD when SE made it. But I really feel SE isn't making it that way anymore, especially after this update. Saying a job with lol B rank combat skill, no access to silver bullet and only ONE job trait and job ability to increase the dmg output(Even THF, NIN and DNC has more) is made to be DD is just not very convincing. Let's wait until lv99 and see.

If you prefer certain sub and just hate /WHM because of you're not having fun, that's fine. Just sub whatever you like and play the way you're having fun. Just remember that sometimes it may not be as beneficial to the whole group. It's your $10 a month and no one really has the right to interfere, just respect other ppl's play style. Nothing is playing this job wrong as long as you're giving buffs and when you're not giving buffs you're doing something else that's helping the pt. The whole point of COR going DD is because you got nothing to do after you buff ppl in the first place.

I enjoy /WHM just as much going /ra spam, and I believe I can help the pt just as much. I don't need anyone to tell me "You playing like a BRD and it's wrong". Besides different buffs, JA and access to ranged attack, COR's role IS like a BRD.

P.S. Yes I can't wait until ding 80 and get haste!
 Asura.Santanah
Serveur: Asura
user: SantanaK6
By Asura.Santanah 2010-06-29 08:47:22
Link | Citer | R

/SCH is more appealing to me then /WHM (/SCH got Erase). Is that bad now that /WHM gets Haste?