Random Politics & Religion #21

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #21
Random Politics & Religion #21
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 50 51 52
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-29 12:02:21
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Yeah because those 2018 midterms are right around the corner...
And they have yet to show leadership that isn't obstructionist.

It's a short-term play in a long-term game. At least the Tea Party had a message that made sense (Make Government Smaller) instead of what the "Resistance" is doing (Kill Trump Now! Then Impeach Him! Then Kill Him Again!).
By Viciouss 2017-03-29 12:09:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Yeah because those 2018 midterms are right around the corner...
And they have yet to show leadership that isn't obstructionist.

Who says they need to? Obstructing a very unpopular POTUS that hasn't accomplished anything can easily be seen as the right thing to do.
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Cruz Missive 2017-03-29 12:11:52
Link | Citer | R

But while I'm here

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Meanwhile, Dems gloat over their decaying "health" plan sticking around

I expect this kind of blatant partisan hackery from some of the others, but I know you're smarter than this.

The ACA, demonized as it is by the GOP, is essentially Romneycare 2.0, the Heritage Foundation's plan that got implemented in Massachusetts. There's some small structural differences, but not many. The Democrats went with it because it would have some chance at passing, as opposed to what they really want (single-payer). But all the bleating about how this is the Democrats' bill and the Republican version would be so much better/cheaper/less filling is so, so stupid.

The ACA is the conservative bill. If you asked the think tanks to write up what they wanted, it would look like 75-80% of the ACA. That's their bill! The problem is that the Congressional GOP has spent seven years doing anything they possibly could to obstruct Obama, and couldn't even let him have credit for implementing what is, at its core, THEIR PLAN.

So now, of course, they've spent seven years trying to cut the brakes on the car, and now have to drive it. But all their good ideas are already in law, so all that's left is to try and cobble something else together, that will never, ever, make enough of the various factions happy to actually vote for it.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-29 12:15:31
Link | Citer | R

Rooks said: »
Not super excited about getting summoned to P+R in the middle of the day

tweren't me... I'm not sure how that would even work. (the summoning part)

do you get notified if your name is mentioned in a thread?

or someone PM'd and you linked a notification to your email?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-29 12:15:57
Link | Citer | R

The plan is to let Obamacare fail so Democrats are held accountable !
By fonewear 2017-03-29 12:16:36
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Rooks said: »
Not super excited about getting summoned to P+R in the middle of the day

tweren't me... I'm not sure how that would even work. (the summoning part)

do you get notified if your name is mentioned in a thread?

or someone PM'd and you linked a notification to your email?

If you type Rooks in bold it sends him an e-mail go ahead and try it !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-29 12:17:56
Link | Citer | R

Also if you post a Simpsons gif or reference I get alerted...
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-03-29 12:17:59
Link | Citer | R

Meanwhile, the Dems stand ready to vote to repair the flaws in the ACA, Trump is ready too.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-03-29 12:18:17
Link | Citer | R

Their law (that none of them voted for). Democrats own it, why can't people just accept that?

You can make whatever comments you want to about the house not being ready to actually repeal it. I share that sense of BS, but the fact that this recent bill didn't pass is quite indicative that the GOP isn't sold on romneycare or any version of "Obamacare lite".
By fonewear 2017-03-29 12:19:06
Link | Citer | R

Ok smart *** if Obamacare is so great why did Trump win on plans of repealing it !
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-03-29 12:20:00
Link | Citer | R

Cruz Missive said: »
But while I'm here

Meanwhile, Dems gloat over their decaying "health" plan sticking around

I expect this kind of blatant partisan hackery from some of the others, but I know you're smarter than this.

The ACA, demonized as it is by the GOP, is essentially Romneycare 2.0, the Heritage Foundation's plan that got implemented in Massachusetts. There's some small structural differences, but not many. The Democrats went with it because it would have some chance at passing, as opposed to what they really want (single-payer). But all the bleating about how this is the Democrats' bill and the Republican version would be so much better/cheaper/less filling is so, so stupid.

The ACA is the conservative bill. If you asked the think tanks to write up what they wanted, it would look like 75-80% of the ACA. That's their bill! The problem is that the Congressional GOP has spent seven years doing anything they possibly could to obstruct Obama, and couldn't even let him have credit for implementing what is, at its core, THEIR PLAN.

So now, of course, they've spent seven years trying to cut the brakes on the car, and now have to drive it. But all their good ideas are already in law, so all that's left is to try and cobble something else together, that will never, ever, make enough of the various factions happy to actually vote for it.

The major difference between Romneycare and Obamacare was that Romneycare was a successful implementation at state level, and Obamacare is a one-size-fits-all failure at the national level. The Congressional GOP is dysfunctional, so I'm not going to sit here trying to defend them until they get their act together. That being said, trying to call Obamacare a Republican idea when not a single Republican voted for it is severely stretching in an attempt to deflect blame for its failure.

And at the end of all of this, with Obamacare falling apart, where is the Democrat solution to fix it? Oh yeah, they don't have one. The plan is offer nothing and clap when the Republicans fail.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-03-29 12:21:47
Link | Citer | R

Playing devil's advocate here, I think asking for resignation letters was the right play (and apparently it's standard procedure). I've been mocking them for ages for their inability to buck their old, tired leadership.

Now, with that being said, do I actually believe that the DNC will rise out of their current ditch of "herp derp Trump bad" and actually put out a candidate that's a real leader with legitimately good ideas? Not for a second.
People don't get fired in he Democratic Party, they just get moved to some other sideways position and receive a bonus for heir incompetence.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-29 12:24:51
Link | Citer | R

The plan is offer nothing and clap when the Republicans fail.
Their plan is to let Obamacare fail and double down on it when it does.

Like how they played Fast and Furious.

Or Solyndra.

Or how they are trying to justify their loss as double downing on identity politics.

The liberals/democrats strategy is the textbook definition of insanity.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-29 12:27:32
Link | Citer | R

o now, of course, they've spent seven years trying to cut the brakes on the car, and now have to drive it.
That's the biggest problem right there.

They are trying to fix it when it should just be completely scrapped and started over again. And this time, it needs to address it's original issue (health care) and not a supplement issue (health insurance).

Because health care is not affordable now as it was the day before Obamacare was signed, and now, on top of it all, you have an additional bill that pays very little, if anything, at all.

Tell me, how do you expect costs to go down if you keep adding costs that you have to pay?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-29 12:27:52
Link | Citer | R

blatant partisan hackery

sounds kinda personal....

reported
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-29 12:28:43
Link | Citer | R

blatant partisan hackery

sounds kinda personal....

reported
There's your witch in your hunt Rooks!

/weighs Nik to see if he weighs the same as the duck.
By fonewear 2017-03-29 12:29:42
Link | Citer | R

Let me see your war face !
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-29 12:29:54
Link | Citer | R

Meanwhile, the Dems stand ready to vote to repair the flaws in the ACA, Trump is ready too.
What's their solution?

Protip: Universal healthcare is not a solution, it's creating more problems, corruption, and bureaucracy, and less services.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-03-29 12:32:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Embattled DNC Asks All Staffers For Resignation Letters

So much for party unity. In an age where the democrats/liberals can't afford to sink any lower than they already are, their head is asking them to dive deep into the abyss...

Now, when 2018 midterms come up, they will be completely unprepared for it, and probably lose even more seats than they can afford to lose, in both national and local elections.
King, the main reason why Hillary lost is she ran a BAD campaign. And that campaign was crafted by the DNC.

The new staff will have time to get up to speed for 2018. And some will be retained.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-29 12:34:01
Link | Citer | R

not a single Republican voted for it

and Nobody voted for mittens either....

but I bet some of them wish they did now!

romneycare is awesome we should all implement it!
-said nobody ever
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-29 12:34:42
Link | Citer | R

I bet if there was some pussy in Obamacare the Democrats would get it !
By fonewear 2017-03-29 12:36:26
Link | Citer | R

All we Republicans need is another 7 years to figure out Obamacare give us some time damn it !
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-29 12:36:36
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
The new staff will have time to get up to speed for 2018. And some will be retained.

are you prepared to wager any money on that?

I think 18 will be a bloodbath....

mosty republicans trying to kill each other off....
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-29 12:37:38
Link | Citer | R

Don't worry we will be at war with North Korea in 2018...and Obamacare will be the least of our worries.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-29 12:38:35
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
All we Republicans need is another 7 years to figure out Obamacare give us some time damn it !

I think we should get back to doing what we do best....making old people eat cat food!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-29 12:38:49
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
King, the main reason why Hillary lost is she ran a BAD campaign. And that campaign was crafted by the DNC.

Assisted, but the DNC didn't run her entire campaign.

Hell, that would make her look even worse. Either the DNC is full of incompetent fools or Clinton is just a puppet for the DNC and hasn't have a clue in her corrupt little mind.

Either way, it's no wonder she lost.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-29 12:39:13
Link | Citer | R

And if you are lucky enough to live in California you can bet your sweet *** the high range ballistic missiles are in range of wiping Hollyweird off the map.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-29 12:39:39
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »

I think we should get back to doing what we do best....making old people eat cat food!
Sounds like you own some Purina stock.
By fonewear 2017-03-29 12:40:48
Link | Citer | R

Cat food tastes better than Taco Bell so let's do it !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-29 12:42:45
Link | Citer | R

I heard trump is going to have death panels too like Obama. If you are over 60 we are going to push you off a cliff sorta like Looney Tunes !

YouTube Video Placeholder
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 50 51 52