Random Politics & Religion #21

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #21
Random Politics & Religion #21
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 50 51 52
By Viciouss 2017-03-28 21:36:44
Link | Citer | R

Yeah that was another really bad press briefing today, more fodder for SNL.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-03-28 22:47:54
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Hillary woke up from her hibernation to make a speech in San Fran Sicko:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/clinton-jabs-trump-first-major-post-election-speech-234249796--politics.html

It's hard to make fun of Donald Trump when you lost an election to Donald Trump.

Meanwhile, Dems gloat over their decaying "health" plan sticking around while Trump decimates even more of Obama's EO's.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-03-28 22:58:14
Link | Citer | R

She made it look pretty easy then.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-03-28 23:10:19
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
She made it look pretty easy then.

Well, when you make a living giving speeches that other people write for you, eventually you make it look easy.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-03-29 07:08:04
Link | Citer | R

Why wasn't she 50 points ahead?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-03-29 08:21:39
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
fonewear said: »
Hillary woke up from her hibernation to make a speech in San Fran Sicko:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/clinton-jabs-trump-first-major-post-election-speech-234249796--politics.html

It's hard to make fun of Donald Trump when you lost an election to Donald Trump.

Meanwhile, Dems gloat over their decaying "health" plan sticking around while Trump decimates even more of Obama's EO's.
Well let's at least hope in results in the jobs he promised then... only time will tell I guess...
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-03-29 08:28:33
Link | Citer | R

I thought 1. Trump promised to repeal Obamacare on his first day and 2. To have Hillary thrown in prison.

What happened there?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-29 08:30:42
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
1. Trump promised to repeal Obamacare on his first day
Unlike Obama, Trump is actually following Constitutional Law and not legislating by EO.

2. To have Hillary thrown in prison.
Yeah, what gives?

Maybe (also unlike Obama) he isn't going to punish political opponents by having different viewpoints than him.
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-03-29 08:33:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Unlike Obama, Trump is actually following Constitutional Law and not legislating by EO.

Yeah, what gives?

Maybe (also unlike Obama) he isn't going to punish political opponents by having different viewpoints than him.
*Says nothing in response, just points and laughs*
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-29 08:37:14
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, what gives?

*Says nothing in response, just points and laughs*
Damn it Kojo.

You need to learn the Rooks approach of not responding. Which is, to ignore it and blame it on Scragg Kojo Lina.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-03-29 09:57:55
Link | Citer | R

What's really funny is that we've grown so accustomed to Presidents writing legislation that when we get a President who doesn't we act like its suddenly their fault. Congress not the President is responsible for creating and removing legislation. The Presidents job is to act as a check to Congress and to see to the day to day running of the nation along with being the head of the military. What Trumps doing now is actually how the framers envisioned the government functioning.

People should lookup the first two dozen Presidents, many of them make Trump look mild in his antics.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-29 10:28:42
Link | Citer | R

John Quincy Adams - was constantly on twitter.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-03-29 10:38:44
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

James Madison caused the War of 1812 by constantly trying to slide into Charllotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz's DMs.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-03-29 10:53:54
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

James Madison caused the War of 1812 by constantly trying to slide into Charllotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz's DMs.

I think this is the wrong place to be attempting jokes crafted from obscure history references.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-03-29 11:06:03
Link | Citer | R

Here's a better example of the type of sophisticated humor that we can tolerate here:

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-29 11:13:43
Link | Citer | R

I think this is the wrong place to be attempting jokes crafted from obscure history references.

he's the dennis miller of ffxiah!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-03-29 11:21:32
Link | Citer | R

I guess this might be the wrong place for me if referencing the name of the Father of the Constitution, the War of 1812, and King George the 3rd's wife in a joke is considered obscure by you and your Internet "frands".
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-03-29 11:25:06
Link | Citer | R

he's the dennis miller of ffxiah!

That guy is a hack. I'm more of a Monty Python/Eddie Izzard satirist on history and politics. It's why some the more self important posters here find my snark so offensive.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-03-29 11:25:37
Link | Citer | R

I guess this might be the wrong place for me if referencing the name of the Father of the Constitution, the War of 1812, and King George the 3rd's wife in a joke is considered obscure by you and your Internet "frands".

I'm glad we're on the same page. Can I send someone to pack your bags?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-29 11:29:21
Link | Citer | R

I'll pay for the flight. Say hello to Chaos for us, k?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-29 11:30:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
What's really funny is that we've grown so accustomed to Presidents writing legislation that when we get a President who doesn't we act like its suddenly their fault. Congress not the President is responsible for creating and removing legislation. The Presidents job is to act as a check to Congress and to see to the day to day running of the nation along with being the head of the military. What Trumps doing now is actually how the framers envisioned the government functioning.

People should lookup the first two dozen Presidents, many of them make Trump look mild in his antics.

ok then the entirety of this statement is fundamentaly flawed for the folloing reasons

It's not funny

He's written a bunch of EOs

Nobody here is "acting like it's suddenly their fault" whatever the hell that even references.

The people that don't like now trump never did in the first place so nobody is sudddenly anything.

nobody disputed that congress is responsible for writing legislation for you to argue against.

maybe look up the president's responsibilities you seem to have missed a few

the framers couldn't possibly have envisioned twitter

what about the first two dozen presidents make trump look mild? their hairdos?

you have to provide a specific instance for comparison "go look it up" nobody knows what the hell you are reffering to. or why it matters

but what the hell would it even prove? your observation is flawed, your conclussion is nonsensical. and your post is completely out of your element donnie.

it's not clear, it's not concise, it doesn't have anything to do with the posts above it, there isn't any link or quote to point to your frame of reference.

what the hell are you even going on about?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-29 11:33:27
Link | Citer | R

That guy is a hack.

I admire his total recall of everything that ever happneed lol.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-03-29 11:33:59
Link | Citer | R

I'll pay for the flight. Say hello to Chaos for us, k?

Say hello to Rooks for me, k?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-03-29 11:35:02
Link | Citer | R

Hi Rooks =D
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-29 11:36:46
Link | Citer | R

Hi Rooks =D
Sup Rooks.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-29 11:44:32
Link | Citer | R

Embattled DNC Asks All Staffers For Resignation Letters

Quote:
Democratic National Committee Chairman Tom Perez has launched a major overhaul of the party's organization, which has been stung by recent crises — and the DNC has requested resignation letters from all current staffers.

Party staff routinely see major turnover with a new boss and they had been alerted to expect such a move. However, the mass resignation letters will give Perez a chance to completely remake the DNC's headquarters from scratch. Staffing had already reached unusual lows following a round of post-election layoffs in December.

Immediately after Perez's selection as party chairman in late February, an adviser to outgoing DNC Interim Chair Donna Brazile, Leah Daughtry, asked every employee to submit a letter of resignation dated April 15, according to multiple sources familiar with the party's internal workings.

A committee advising Perez on his transition is now interviewing staff and others as part of a top-to-bottom review process to decide not only who will stay and who will go, but how the party should be structured in the future.

Major staffing and organizational changes will be announced in coming weeks, one aide said.

"This is longstanding precedent at the DNC and has happened during multiple Chair transitions," said DNC spokeswoman Xochitl Hinojosa. "The process was started before the election of the new Chair. From the beginning, Tom has been adamant that we structure the DNC for future campaigns. Current and future DNC staff will be integral to that effort. Over the last few months, the DNC staff has done incredible work under immense pressure to hold Trump accountable."

Perez is the party's third leader in the past year, which was one of its most difficult on record.

It began with accusations that the DNC favored Hillary Clinton over Bernie Sanders in the Democratic primary, continued with the wrenching exposure of hacked emails and the abrupt resignation of former chair, Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, and concluded with the shocking defeat of its presidential nominee and a divisive race for the new party chairman.

The grueling experience, which followed years in which many Democrats felt the Obama White House ignored the party organization, has left the DNC with a crisis of confidence and competence.

Now Perez, who spent most of his career in government and not politics, needs to rebuild the beleaguered party, take on President Donald Trump, tap into a unique moment of progressive activism across the country, and replenish the party's coffers.

"I wouldn't wish that on anybody," California Gov. Jerry Brown told Chuck Todd on NBC's "Meet the Press" on Sunday. "I was the Democratic Party chairman in California — it's a miserable job. So, Tom, too bad."

Sanders said Wednesday on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" that the DNC "absolutely" needed to be overhauled.

"Clearly, the Democratic Party needs a top-down overhaul," Sanders said. "And that top down overhaul means that instead of becoming dependent and being dependent on big money interests for campaign contributions, it has got to become a grassroots party."

The Vermont lawmaker added the Democratic party "programmaticaly, in terms of how it does business, has failed. I mean the evidence is obvious. It's not just that we've lost the White House and the U.S. Senate and the U.S. House. We've lost 900 legislative seats in the last eight or nine years."

Perez has spent his first weeks on the job in "active listening mode," hearing from Democrats in Washington and in small group meetings across the country before making any big moves.

"What we're trying to do is culture change," he told NBC News between stops of a listening tour in Michigan on Friday. "We're repairing a plane at 20,000 feet. You can't land the plane, shut it down, and close it until further notice."

It's a whirlwind job that took Perez from being feted at a donor conference at the Mandarin Oriental in Washington Thursday night to playing Solitaire on his iPhone in row 31 on a Delta flight to Detroit shortly after dawn the next morning.

The DNC will embark on a national search to fill key party positions, overseen by the 30-odd members of the transition advisory committee.

The committee is also reviewing the DNC's contracts with outside vendors and consultants, a source of complaints from many Democrats.

Progressives also criticized the transition committee's initial makeup, leading the DNC to add several more members from the left's ranks.

Earlier this month, Perez held a meeting to discuss the issue with Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and Sanders, both of whom supported Rep. Keith Ellison in the DNC chair race.

Schumer, pointing to Ellison and Sanders, told Perez, "If he's happy, and if he's happy, then I'm happy," according to two sources.

Perez has included Ellison in many of the DNC's public events so far, but the party's charter makes no provision for a deputy chair, so Ellison does not have vote on the DNC. That could be fixed by naming the Minnesota congressman to one of the 75 slots the chairman gets to appoint to the national committee.

Ellison's political director has also been helping to oversee staffing decisions in some key departments in the DNC, according to several sources.

So much for party unity. In an age where the democrats/liberals can't afford to sink any lower than they already are, their head is asking them to dive deep into the abyss...

Now, when 2018 midterms come up, they will be completely unprepared for it, and probably lose even more seats than they can afford to lose, in both national and local elections.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-03-29 11:53:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

ok then the entirety of this statement is fundamentaly flawed for the folloing reasons

It's not funny

He's written a bunch of EOs

Nobody here is "acting like it's suddenly their fault" whatever the hell that even references.

The people that don't like now trump never did in the first place so nobody is sudddenly anything.

nobody disputed that congress is responsible for writing legislation for you to argue against.

maybe look up the president's responsibilities you seem to have missed a few

the framers couldn't possibly have envisioned twitter

what about the first two dozen presidents make trump look mild? their hairdos?

you have to provide a specific instance for comparison "go look it up" nobody knows what the hell you are reffering to. or why it matters

but what the hell would it even prove? your observation is flawed, your conclussion is nonsensical. and your post is completely out of your element donnie.

it's not clear, it's not concise, it doesn't have anything to do with the posts above it, there isn't any link or quote to point to your frame of reference.

what the hell are you even going on about?

That he hates Progressive's Insurance?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-03-29 11:57:03
Link | Citer | R

Playing devil's advocate here, I think asking for resignation letters was the right play (and apparently it's standard procedure). I've been mocking them for ages for their inability to buck their old, tired leadership.

Now, with that being said, do I actually believe that the DNC will rise out of their current ditch of "herp derp Trump bad" and actually put out a candidate that's a real leader with legitimately good ideas? Not for a second.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-03-29 11:59:11
Link | Citer | R

Yeah because those 2018 midterms are right around the corner...
Administrator
By Rooks 2017-03-29 12:00:49
Link | Citer | R

Hi Rooks =D
Sup Rooks.

Not super excited about getting summoned to P+R in the middle of the day, so as soon as I figure out why people were looking for me someone's going to spend some time in time-out
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 50 51 52