Random Politics & Religion #21

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #21
Random Politics & Religion #21
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 50 51 52
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-29 12:56:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Sounds like you own some Purina stock.

maybe.

but if the best idea the democrats can come up with is blaming obamacare on mitt romeny... or trying to convince people trump "owns it now" because he is president.

I just don't think that will sell in the sticks.

obamacare can't be fixed, so why bother? let's get back to spending the money on super cool weapons systems.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-29 13:50:29
Link | Citer | R

I did a quick, impromptu, unscientific survey of the local punchclocks at a bar on the west side of town and so far most all of them seem to think trump is doing a great job and everyone else is "trying to *** with him because they are jealous"

When I asked for specifics they weren't real clear on what they meant by him "doing work" and most of them seem to have taken a "wait and see" additude as far as actual results.

but there doesn't seem to be any benchmarks for things like "draining the swamp" or "fixing obamacare" or "making america great again" the appreance that he is trying to do these things seems to be enough

and so thanks obama, for never doing anything people noticed which has lowered the bar to where tweeting about things is considered doing something about them.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-03-29 13:54:48
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I did a quick, impromptu, unscientific survey of the local punchclocks at a bar on the west side of town and so far most all of them seem to think trump is doing a great job and everyone else is "trying to *** with him because they are jealous"

When I asked for specifics they weren't real clear on what they meant by him "doing work" and most of them seem to have taken a "wait and see" additude as far as actual results.

but there doesn't seem to be any benchmarks for things like "draining the swamp" or "fixing obamacare" or "making america great again" the appreance that he is trying to do these things seems to be enough

and so thanks obama, for never doing anything people noticed which has lowered the bar to where tweeting about things is considered doing something about them.

They noticed his golfing. Oddly Trumps golfing is getting noticed too.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-29 14:29:40
Link | Citer | R

Yet another example of MSM's "selective reporting:"

Former Obama official discloses rush to get intelligence on Trump team

Quote:
A former top Obama administration official has acknowledged efforts by her colleagues to gather intelligence on Trump team ties to Russia before Donald Trump took office and to conceal the sources of that intelligence from the incoming administration.

Evelyn Farkas, deputy assistant secretary of defense under Obama, made the disclosure March 2 while on the air with MSNBC’s Mika Brzezinski.

“I was urging my former colleagues and, frankly speaking, the people on the Hill, it was more actually aimed at telling the Hill people, get as much information as you can, get as much intelligence as you can, before President Obama leaves the administration,” Farkas, who is now a senior fellow at the Atlantic Council, said.

“Because I had a fear that somehow that information would disappear with the senior [Obama] people who left, so it would be hidden away in the bureaucracy ... that the Trump folks – if they found out how we knew what we knew about their ... the Trump staff dealing with Russians – that they would try to compromise those sources and methods, meaning we no longer have access to that intelligence.”

The comments come as lawmakers on Capitol Hill clash over House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes' claim last week that surveillance operations incidentally collected Trump team communications during the transition. Critics have accused Nunes of carrying water for Trump and called on him to recuse himself from Russia matters, but Nunes and his congressional allies have pushed back.

Aside from questions over whether communications were improperly gathered during the transition and before, there is speculation over how widely such information was disseminated. Farkas described a rush to spread the material before Trump took office.

"So I became very worried because not enough was coming out into the open and I knew that there was more. We have very good intelligence on Russia," she said. "So then I had talked to some of my former colleagues and I knew that they were trying to also help get information to the Hill."

Bolded and underlined to show that this was disclosed before Nunes made his statement.

Let's see the liberals/democrats talk their way out of this one.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-29 14:32:05
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Trumps golfing is getting noticed too.

nobody I talked to mentioned it.... but let's face it. these guys are idiots and there aint no two ways about it....

not that they care what you or I happpen to think of them....

but they vote and I find it informative and facinating.

I wonder if and when there would be a breaking point when they turn against him.... out of a general morbid curiosity
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-03-29 14:34:26
Link | Citer | R

This is the same intelligence that the Congressional committees ordered be preserved? We have always known about this story. Whats the problem?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-29 14:37:25
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
This is the same intelligence that the Congressional committees ordered be preserved? We have always known about this story. Whats the problem?
Read again.

These people are trying to take a leaf from Clinton's notebook, which states that it's ok to commit wrongdoing and break the law as long as you destroy the evidence that states such wrongdoing. It helps if you have multiple agencies doing that at the same time (hi2u FBI's destruction of evidence).
By Viciouss 2017-03-29 14:39:10
Link | Citer | R

What wrongdoing? What law was being broken?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-03-29 14:44:41
Link | Citer | R

I just think it's hilarious that it took so long for the story to get out. Which one of the 12 MSNBC viewers finally decided to come out and say, "Hey, wait a minute..."
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-29 14:49:52
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I just think it's hilarious that it took so long for the story to get out. Which one of the 12 MSNBC viewers finally decided to come out and say, "Hey, wait a minute..."

number 11....that guy has always been a troublemaker
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-03-29 14:56:47
Link | Citer | R

I read through that three times and I still don't see what issue you think is there.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-29 15:02:08
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I read through that three times and I still don't see what issue you think is there.
Let's see here:

1) We have NYTs state that Trump was wiretapped.
2) We have Flynn fired because he had a conversation with a Russian Ambassador, which was leaked illegally.
3) We have Trump stating that he was the target of surveillance.
4) We have the chairman of a Congressional Intelligence Committee state that Trump and his team had surveillance made, and was unmasked purposefully.
5) We have an ex-Obama Admin admit that there was a rush to gather as much intelligence on Trump and his team as possible.

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck.......

Let's see how much more denial you can stand.
By Viciouss 2017-03-29 15:08:31
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of Flynn, thank God he was fired when he was, look at all of the ***coming out about him now. Should have never been hired in the first place.

Oh in other more relevant news to the Russian scandal, Senate is finally holding its first public hearings tomorrow. Don't think they will be touching on whatever legal gathering of intel occurred after the election. Still no evidence that Trump was the target of surveillance before the election took place. Nothing from the WH since he made up that story.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-03-29 15:11:29
Link | Citer | R

Farkas:
Quote:
“Because I had a fear that somehow that information would disappear with the senior [Obama] people who left, so it would be hidden away in the bureaucracy ... that the Trump folks – if they found out how we knew what we knew about their ... the Trump staff dealing with Russians – that they would try to compromise those sources and methods, meaning we no longer have access to that intelligence.”

This disjointed quote copied and pasta'd word for word directly from the Fox News article.

Sounds less like Liberals/Democrats have anything to hide and more like there is something they knew Trump would try to hide.
By fonewear 2017-03-29 15:13:15
Link | Citer | R

Farkas:
Quote:

This disjointed quote copied and pasta'd word for word directly from the Fox News article.

Sounds less like Liberals/Democrats have anything to hide and more like there is something they knew Trump would try to hide.

Democrats have a lot to hide like abortions drug use etc !
By fonewear 2017-03-29 15:14:07
Link | Citer | R

In fact I was at an abortion clinic the other day with a camera and microphone...and not one person told me why they were there....
By Viciouss 2017-03-29 15:14:49
Link | Citer | R

Farkas:
Quote:

And thats exactly why Congress ordered all of the materials be preserved. Given how much Trump has tried to make things up and distract from the actual investigations, its no wonder people were worried they would try to cover up the intel.
By fonewear 2017-03-29 15:15:39
Link | Citer | R

It's funny cause normally liberal women will talk about anything: sex fat shaming you name it but when it comes time to end their pointless child...they get a little bit evasive !
By fonewear 2017-03-29 15:18:07
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Farkas:
Quote:

And thats exactly why Congress ordered all of the materials be preserved. Given how much Trump has tried to make things up and distract from the actual investigations, its no wonder people were worried they would try to cover up the intel.

What really makes me wonder is why you care so much ?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-03-29 15:19:39
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Farkas:
Quote:

Democrats have a lot to hide like abortions drug use etc !
Guess that's why they want those things legalized.

Using that logic: Why are Republicans so against LGBTQ rights, when so many Republican politicians careers have fallen short due getting caught soliciting sex with men and minors in public restroom stalls?
By fonewear 2017-03-29 15:20:21
Link | Citer | R

Because we are evil any other burning questions ?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-03-29 15:21:53
Link | Citer | R

Fone's the type of guy that answers rhetorical questions.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-29 15:21:59
Link | Citer | R

At least Republicans are honest in that. I'd respect liberals more if they said. I don;'t care about global warming feeding the poor etc. Just admit you don't give a ***and you want to control the government again.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-03-29 15:22:05
Link | Citer | R

We've known for months that Intelligence was being gathered on Russia/Trump administration connections. The fact that there was a rush to gather before the people under investigation took control of the government isn't surprising. It's Fox News MO to present "new" details as nefarious underdealings undisclosed by mainstream media when they're basically inconsequential details.
By fonewear 2017-03-29 15:24:21
Link | Citer | R

Fone's the type of guy that answers rhetorical questions.

It's an acquired skill like juggling.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-29 15:24:27
Link | Citer | R

Good, and it's up to them to release such information.

And if they do, I wonder what the excuse will be? $50 says that liberal/democrat excuse is that they "made it all up."
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-03-29 15:26:01
Link | Citer | R

At least Republicans are honest in that. I'd respect liberals more if they said. I don;'t care about global warming feeding the poor etc. Just admit you don't give a ***and you want to control the government again.

That would totally make sense if they just now started that as a platform.

Same token of thought: one would respect Conservatives more if they said I don't believe abortion is murder or have a problem with murder in general. Especially when we use our shinies to murder foreigners.
By fonewear 2017-03-29 15:26:29
Link | Citer | R

Good, and it's up to them to release such information.

And if they do, I wonder what the excuse will be? $50 says that liberal/democrat excuse is that they "made it all up."

Just as Chuck Schumer he majored in Russian affairs.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-29 15:27:53
Link | Citer | R

That would totally make sense if they just now started that as a platform.

Same token of thought: one would respect Conservatives more if they said I don't believe abortion is murder or have a problem with murder in general. Especially when we use our shinies to murder foreigners.

Abortion isn't murder it's just a way of skirting around responsibility.
By fonewear 2017-03-29 15:28:44
Link | Citer | R

Look women are going to kill their babies. Nothing we can do about it but just admit you are a *** up. And that the government shouldn't pay for your mistake.
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 50 51 52