Random Politics & Religion #13

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #13
Random Politics & Religion #13
First Page 2 3 4 ... 37 38 39
By fonewear 2016-10-14 11:55:58
Link | Citer | R

David Wong second cousin to Hung Wei !
By Ramyrez 2016-10-14 11:58:36
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
David Wong second cousin to Hung Wei !

*insert Fry face*

I just realized I have no proof that you aren't David Wong!
[+]
By fonewear 2016-10-14 12:00:32
Link | Citer | R

My first name is Soy last name Sauce.
By fonewear 2016-10-14 12:04:52
Link | Citer | R

I'd like to take some time out of my busy schedule to read some 50 shades of grey it shall be enlightening !

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-14 12:05:13
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
Do you mean the emails she deleted? Do you have proof she deleted them?
Do you mean to tell me you haven't been paying attention to national events for the past year and a half?

Even the FBI's "investigation" stated that the records were deleted while it was in her possession. It doesn't matter if she actually did the job herself or ordered others to do so, they were deleted while those subpoenaed emails were in her possession.

Do you mean defending a rapist in court as a lawyer? That was her job, not many people like their job but they are paid to do it and you can't pay the bills with moral objection.
You aren't also supposed to go in public laughing about that.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Especially since she did that case pro bono (meaning as a favor for free).

Or maybe you mean Benghazi which I'm topic banning you if you do because everyone is sick of hearing about Benghazi, I don't think Fox even talks about it anymore.
I wasn't talking about Benghazi, but since you brought it up, shouldn't you ban yourself now?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-14 12:07:02
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Probably came out because he denied ever doing what he said he did on the tape
For somebody who is "denying" what he said, he certainly apologized for it.
By fonewear 2016-10-14 12:07:37
Link | Citer | R

To error is human to FFXIAH is...to be perfect !
By Ramyrez 2016-10-14 12:07:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Thanks, Snopes!

Quote:
WHAT'S TRUE: In 1975, young lawyer Hillary Rodham was appointed to represent a defendant charged with raping a 12-year-old girl. Clinton reluctantly took on the case, which ended with a plea bargain for the defendant, and later chuckled about some aspects of the case when discussing it years later.

WHAT'S FALSE: Hillary Clinton did not volunteer to be the defendant's lawyer, she did not laugh about the case's outcome, she did not assert that the complainant "made up the rape story," she did not claim she knew the defendant to be guilty, and she did not "free" the defendant.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-14 12:13:27
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »

Thanks, Snopes!

Quote:
WHAT'S TRUE: In 1975, young lawyer Hillary Rodham was appointed to represent a defendant charged with raping a 12-year-old girl. Clinton reluctantly took on the case, which ended with a plea bargain for the defendant, and later chuckled about some aspects of the case when discussing it years later.

WHAT'S FALSE: Hillary Clinton did not volunteer to be the defendant's lawyer, she did not laugh about the case's outcome, she did not assert that the complainant "made up the rape story," she did not claim she knew the defendant to be guilty, and she did not "free" the defendant.
Strange, that video stated that, while she did get the plea deal, she did take the case as a favor, in her own words (that automatically shows that she did volunteer for it) and she did laugh about the case's outcome ("forever destroyed my faith in polygraphs *laughter*")

So, Snopes got it wrong, or is willfully misleading, which is probably more true.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-10-14 12:15:42
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
The tape that also conveniently came out in October before the election after sitting on a shelf for over a decade. Yup, I'm sure all of this is just coincidence.

Even if it's not a coincidence, it doesn't make it false. So what's your point?

It doesn't make it true, either. But this is politics and not a court of law, so everything is about appearance. The timing of all of this and the concentrated media collusion makes it look like a political play as opposed to a sincere cry for help from a victim seeking justice. There's little reason to give them the benefit of the doubt, and some of the allegations don't even make much sense. For example, one woman claiming that Trump pushed up the armrest in first class before assaulting her, which by almost all accounts isn't possible in most planes from the time period.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-14 12:16:39
Link | Citer | R

He's talking about this, he denies the sexual assaults he bragged about, he apologised for the bragging only.
So, do you have evidence of said sexual assaults?

Remember, any accusations you present as evidence against Trump can and will be used against Clinton and her enabling of Bill's sexual assaults.
By Ramyrez 2016-10-14 12:17:44
Link | Citer | R

Strange, that video stated that, while she did get the plea deal, she did take the case as a favor, in her own words (that automatically shows that she did volunteer for it) and she did laugh about the case's outcome ("forever destroyed my faith in polygraphs *laughter*")

The case was taken as a favor not to the defendant, but to another lawyer/judge etc.

She did not laugh about the cases outcome, she laughed cynically regarding her faith in the polygraph test.
By Ramyrez 2016-10-14 12:19:23
Link | Citer | R

He's talking about this, he denies the sexual assaults he bragged about, he apologised for the bragging only.
So, do you have evidence of said sexual assaults?

Remember, any accusations you present as evidence against Trump can and will be used against Clinton and her enabling of Bill's sexual assaults.

I still say we get rid of both of them and let Obama have another four years.

Everyone will be happy one way or another. Nothing will change, people can keep blaming Obama for everything if they want to, and we don't have to have a sexual predator OR a scheming crone in the Oval Office.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-14 12:19:51
Link | Citer | R

The tape that also conveniently came out in October before the election after sitting on a shelf for over a decade. Yup, I'm sure all of this is just coincidence.

It doesn't make it true, either. But this is politics and not a court of law, so everything is about appearance. The timing of all of this and the concentrated media collusion makes it look like a political play as opposed to a sincere cry for help from a victim seeking justice. There's little reason to give them the benefit of the doubt, and some of the allegations don't even make much sense. For example, one woman claiming that Trump pushed up the armrest in first class before assaulting her, which by almost all accounts isn't possible in most planes from the time period.
Whatever happened to the women who claimed to have been sexually assaulted by Herman Cain again?

Oh right, they didn't pan out, did they? You would have thought that those sexual assault allegations would have lead to some investigation and/or civil cases, but they never even been made on the docket.

But they did exactly what they were supposed to do, which is to destroy a presidential candidate's chances of running.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-14 12:22:16
Link | Citer | R

The case was taken as a favor not to the defendant, but to another lawyer/judge etc.
Still volunteered, which Snopes said it wasn't.

She did not laugh about the cases outcome, she laughed cynically regarding her faith in the polygraph test.
Which is one of the outcomes of the trial. Snopes still got it wrong.

I still say we get rid of both of them
I agree....

let Obama have another four years.
..up to this point.

Everyone will be happy one way or another. Nothing will change, people can keep blaming Obama for everything if they want to, and we don't have to have a sexual predator OR a scheming crone in the Oval Office.
Except that's Clinton's whole campaign: Same old ***, different pantsuit.
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-10-14 12:23:17
Link | Citer | R

Thanks, Snopes!

Quote:

So, Snopes got it wrong, or is willfully misleading, which is probably more true.
She was appointed in the case by a judge.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-10-14 12:24:06
Link | Citer | R

And again. I'll take the same old ***over any change Donald Trump wants to enact, because it will not be for the betterment of the U.S. nor the global society as a whole.

It might be better for the elite in the short term, but even long-term I can't see it helping them.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-10-14 12:24:35
Link | Citer | R

Most likely because the statute of limitations was long passed? Didn't make them less valid. Almost all of Bill Cosby's victims were well beyond the statute, doesn't acquit him. Doesn't acquit Trump.

Not that Cain's candidacy was going anywhere, ever.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-10-14 12:30:03
Link | Citer | R

And the women accusing Bill Clinton didn't come forward until his election campaign or aftwerwards.

It doesn't mean they weren't victims.

In Trump's own words on Sterns show he would walk into the pagents dressing rooms where no men were allowed while the girls were getting dressed, because he owned the show and could.

He has had previous women accuse him of misconduct and rape before the presidential race.

He has discussed his daughters body on multiple shows.

You and others don't like the timing, but it has been the same for every politician (except maybe Mitt Romney and Obama?) For many political races. Everything remotely shady comes out....including Clinton's emails.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-14 12:31:05
Link | Citer | R

And again. I'll take the same old ***over any change Donald Trump wants to enact, because it will not be for the betterment of the U.S. nor the global society as a whole.

It might be better for the elite in the short term, but even long-term I can't see it helping them.
I'll agree with you that some of what Trump proposes is not good (his immigration "policy," for one) for the nation, but there are some of his policies that would benefit everyone as a whole.

While Clinton, already proven a two-faced liar, only saying what she wants to say to get votes from the weak-minded idiots out there, cannot be trusted with a baby, much less national security.

Say what you will about Trump's policies, but at least with him, there's a much stronger chance that there will be a country left than with Clinton and her need to bypass national law so she can keep her slush fund rolling. Just wait for the next email server to be set up in her basement. Now that everyone knows that it exists, and they know that she A) doesn't know the difference between classified and non-classified information and B) she keeps national security secrets in an unsecured, easily hacked and/or stolen, server away from one of the most secure parts of the country.

So, you really want to trust her with that sort of power, when she failed to uphold even the most basic of security procedures and protocols just so she can bypass national law?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-10-14 12:32:30
Link | Citer | R

Heck, I could come out and claim Hillary assaulted me without any evidence either. Should I be taken seriously for waiting until the best possible political moment to launch the accusation, even though I have zero evidence to back it up? Without evidence, there's no reason to consider Trump's accusers given the obvious political expediency behind it, and there's no reason to give it airtime except to destroy his campaign. If they had come out a decade ago, well then we might have something.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-10-14 12:32:44
Link | Citer | R

So, you really want to trust her with that sort of power, when she failed to uphold even the most basic of security procedures and protocols just so she can bypass national law?

Well, again, in context of "if not, we get Trump instead?"

Yes. Absolutely.
By Ramyrez 2016-10-14 12:34:23
Link | Citer | R

Heck, I could come out and claim Hillary assaulted me without any evidence either. Should I be taken seriously for waiting until the best possible political moment to launch the accusation, even though I have zero evidence to back it up? Without evidence, there's no reason to consider Trump's accusers given the obvious political expediency behind it, and there's no reason to give it airtime except to destroy his campaign. If they had come out a decade ago, well then we might have something.

Except there is reason to believe it. His very own scummy, creepy words. He's vocalized approval of said practices. He has a history of being good friends with a convicted pedophile and making jokes about his friend's sexual preference for young girls.

Like it or not, there's enough of his very own words to give an air of plausibility to the accusations.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-10-14 12:41:18
Link | Citer | R

Except there is reason to believe it. His very own scummy, creepy words. He's vocalized approval of said practices. He has a history of being good friends with a convicted pedophile and making jokes about his friend's sexual preference for young girls.

Like it or not, there's enough of his very own words to give an air of plausibility to the accusations.

Okay, so it's cool to accuse someone without evidence so long as it fits the profile of the person you're accusing. Do you by chance live in Salem?
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-10-14 12:46:44
Link | Citer | R

Okay, so it's cool to accuse someone without evidence so long as it fits the profile of the person you're accusing. Do you by chance live in Salem?

Whats all this talk of "no evidence?" He is on tape boasting about what he does, corroborated by pageant contestants. How is that not evidence?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-14 12:47:32
Link | Citer | R

If you want to use Trump's words against him, then don't *** when people use Clinton's actions against her.

What's worse in your eyes: What somebody said they did to another, bragging what they did, with no evidence showing that they did it, or what somebody actually did that greatly effects their capability to hold national secrets that could not only damage our reputation, but possibly even destroy our efforts overseas, like in Syria or Libya?

I'm not stupid to believe that, whoever hacks into Clinton's email server while she is president will get nuke launch codes or something similar, but they can do some real damage with that level of confidential information that Clinton "doesn't know" is confidential....

Clinton is a danger to our society far more than Trump's words can ever be, and you have to be too stupid, or too far gone in her rhetoric, to be blind to that fact.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-10-14 12:49:04
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
i still don't get how the people on this site that usually defend anyone accused of rape and attempt to vilify or discredit the accuser because they can't prove it or its most likely false and give the accused the benefit of the doubt are so willing to crucify bill while also still defending trump and batting off his current accusers for alleged actions...

I would view Trump's accusers as being more credible if they didn't all conveniently come out of the woodwork at the exact same time, in October before the election no less.
It happens that way often enough... Look at the whole Cosby thing as one came out many followed... It's happened like that before as well... I'm not all too familiar with the Way it happened with Clinton because I was still young and not really all that interested in politics... Just because you may think the timing is suspicious doesn't mean they don't have any credibility...
By fonewear 2016-10-14 12:50:32
Link | Citer | R

Are we talking about Trump or we talking about the Random Thoughts thread ?
First Page 2 3 4 ... 37 38 39