Random Politics & Religion #13

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #13
Random Politics & Religion #13
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-10-28 00:00:36
Link | Citer | R

Payback? Russia Gets Hacked, Revealing Putin Aide's Secrets
NBC News

This is a good one kids, and way long so openers:
Quote:
Karma, it turns out, is a borscht.

A Ukrainian group calling itself Cyber Hunta has released more than a gigabyte of emails and other material from the office of one of Vladimir Putin's top aides, Vladislav Surkov, that show Russia's fingerprints all over the separatist movement in Ukraine.

While the Kremlin has denied the relationship between Moscow and the separatists, the emails show in great detail how Russia controlled virtually every detail of the separatist effort in the Russian-speaking regions of Ukraine, which has torn the country apart and led to a Russian takeover of Crimea.

And unlike the reported Russian hack of the Democratic National Committee, the Ukrainian hack reached deep into the office of the Russian president.

"This is a serious hack," said Maks Czuperski, head of the Digital Forensic Research Lab of the Atlantic Council (DFRL), which has searched through the email dump and placed selected emails on-line....
(Anyone read Russian?)
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-10-28 00:02:30
Link | Citer | R

Didn't need hackers to tell us that lol.
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-10-28 09:13:26
Link | Citer | R

Bad Hombres don't have to show you any stinking badges!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-10-28 09:18:27
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
What's going to happen to the Bundy brothers? Prison for life? EXECUTION FOR TREASON?!?1?

Bundy Brothers Acquitted in Takeover of Oregon Wildlife Refuge

Oh, acquittal. Close enough.

NY Times:

It's a tricky situation. Their point was valid and being objective they didn't do anything that student protest groups didn't do in the 60s and 70s.

At the same time, as someone who does business in public buildings, armed men occupying public buildings is a cause for concern to me.
By Ramyrez 2016-10-28 09:21:46
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
Their point was valid

Important that I clarify I think:

Objectively, I don't agree with them, but approaching it fairly the worst I can say is that their concern is valid in theory, if not founded in fact.

Subjectively I think they're a bunch of conspiracy-minded chucklefucks who don't know their head from a hole in the ground and are more on par with Lordgrim than any of our more reasonable conservative posters around here, even if they're defended by said posters.

I absolutely agree that there is a near-criminal level of disconnect between rural and urban America. But these guys are part of the problem, not part of the solution, as it were.
By Ramyrez 2016-10-28 09:22:54
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Bad Hombres don't have to show you any stinking badges!

Yet another instance of Weird Al making the parody greater than the original!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-10-28 09:23:45
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Payback? Russia Gets Hacked, Revealing Putin Aide's Secrets
NBC News

This is a good one kids, and way long so openers:
Quote:
Karma, it turns out, is a borscht.

A Ukrainian group calling itself Cyber Hunta has released more than a gigabyte of emails and other material from the office of one of Vladimir Putin's top aides, Vladislav Surkov, that show Russia's fingerprints all over the separatist movement in Ukraine.

While the Kremlin has denied the relationship between Moscow and the separatists, the emails show in great detail how Russia controlled virtually every detail of the separatist effort in the Russian-speaking regions of Ukraine, which has torn the country apart and led to a Russian takeover of Crimea.

And unlike the reported Russian hack of the Democratic National Committee, the Ukrainian hack reached deep into the office of the Russian president.

"This is a serious hack," said Maks Czuperski, head of the Digital Forensic Research Lab of the Atlantic Council (DFRL), which has searched through the email dump and placed selected emails on-line....
(Anyone read Russian?)

Maintaining objectivity for a moment, this hacking ***is getting out of hand. Like, seriously out of hand.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-10-28 09:30:02
Link | Citer | R

Getting? You are a bit behind the times Ramy.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-10-28 09:31:29
Link | Citer | R

Maintaining objectivity for a moment, this hacking ***is getting out of hand. Like, seriously out of hand.

it's angelina jolie's fault!!

[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-10-28 09:34:27
Link | Citer | R

Getting? You are a bit behind the times Ramy.

Can we get an "Empress of Semantics" title for Grandma Chanti? Yeeeeesh. It was just a phrasing selection.

On topic though, it really is a problem. Like, at what point -- if ever -- is it justified? When is it invasion of privacy and when is it justifiable vigilante justice?

For instance, it really bothers me that the guy who got in trouble for hacking in the Steubenville rape case and outing a bunch of rapist dickwads is getting more jail time than those guilty of rape because of outdated sentencing guidelines made long before today's modern technology applied...
By Ramyrez 2016-10-28 09:35:11
Link | Citer | R

it's angelina jolie's fault!!

I blame Robert Redford.
By Ramyrez 2016-10-28 09:35:53
Link | Citer | R

Or possibly Matthew Broderick.

Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-10-28 10:16:33
Link | Citer | R

Or possibly Matthew Broderick.

the point is we created and glorified hackers and then act surprised when russians pick up on it (twenty years late as always) just wait a few more years until they all grow beards and wear skinny jeans and stand around the apple store
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-10-28 10:25:19
Link | Citer | R

Hillary Clinton’s Super PAC Has Raised More Money Than Any Super PAC Ever
Nearly all of the money has come from seven-figure donors.

HuffPo

Long article, but here's the telling paragraphs:
Quote:
Super PACs were created in the wake of the Supreme Court’s 2010 Citizens United decision and a subsequent, related lower court ruling. Citizens United allowed corporations and unions to spend unlimited sums on elections so long as they were independent of candidates. The lower court ruling expanded this right to individuals, and the FEC followed up by allowing individuals to pool their unlimited contributions into political committees that came to be known as super PACs.

These committees quickly became vehicles for candidates and political parties to collect unlimited contributions from the super rich. In this year’s election cycle through the end of August, donors giving more than $500,000 accounted for 74 percent of the $955 million raised by super PACs.

Almost all of the money raised by Priorities USA Action has come from seven-figure donors. Of the group’s total $176 million haul, $157 million ― 89 percent ― has come from just 42 donors giving $1 million or more....
Now will the Republicans let us overturn Citizens United?

P. S. Ramy you are correct. But the cat is out of the bag and what can we do about it?

P. P. S. Its really the fault of ... are you ready for this?

(Anyone else here know what I am talking about?)
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-10-28 10:54:34
Link | Citer | R

for everyone under fifty

early hackers
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-10-28 11:28:35
Link | Citer | R

P. S. Ramy you are correct. But the cat is out of the bag and what can we do about it?

Put the cat back in the bag and beat it with pipes, then tie a brick to it and throw it in the river.

for everyone under fifty

early hackers

That's awesome.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-10-28 11:36:37
Link | Citer | R

how could you harbor resentment for Ferris Bueller!?

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2016-10-28 12:08:46
Link | Citer | R

Candlejack said: »
Never... EVER... Mention Matthew Broderick or Roland Emmerich around me. I harbor violent tendencies against both for their roles in the 1998 NotGodzilla movie fiasco.

You need psychological help, and should probably lay off any psychoactive substances while you're at it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-10-28 12:13:14
Link | Citer | R

One month ago, Comey said he would not reopen the email case against Clinton. Today, he has reversed that. Due to new emails discovered in an different case (?), the case is now open again.

~TIMING!~

It's breaking news at this point, so I'm waiting for more sources to come out with the details....
[+]
By fonewear 2016-10-28 12:13:17
Link | Citer | R

Russia can't hack this website we got the latest security along with Asian mail order bride ads to keep it safe !
[+]
By fonewear 2016-10-28 12:14:12
Link | Citer | R

Actually I found the security keeping this site going:

[+]
By fonewear 2016-10-28 12:16:30
Link | Citer | R

Candlejack said: »
Never... EVER... Mention Matthew Broderick or Roland Emmerich around me. I harbor violent tendencies against both for their roles in the 1998 NotGodzilla movie fiasco.

You need psychological help, and should probably lay off any psychoactive substances while you're at it.

Nah he just needs to lay off the Mt. Dew and info wars website !
By fonewear 2016-10-28 12:17:30
Link | Citer | R

See the government is putting dangerous chemical additives in Mt. Dew. It is brainwashing our youth to think Anime is important. And that their votes actually matter !
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-10-28 13:19:22
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
One month ago, Comey said he would not reopen the email case against Clinton. Today, he has reversed that. Due to new emails discovered in an different case (?), the case is now open again.

~TIMING!~

It's breaking news at this point, so I'm waiting for more sources to come out with the details....

boom!
linky bishes
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-10-28 13:20:55
Link | Citer | R

the comments section is golden btw...

Perp walk!!!

[+]
By fonewear 2016-10-28 13:41:00
Link | Citer | R

Hillary would probably like being locked up it is her sexual fetish.
By fonewear 2016-10-28 13:41:27
Link | Citer | R

My sources tell me that she likes to be dominated by men or women it doesn't really matter.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-10-28 13:43:04
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
My sources tell me that she likes to be dominated by men or women it doesn't really matter.

ewww.... it matters if you just ate lunch and are trying to keep it down!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39