Random Politics & Religion #13

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #13
Random Politics & Religion #13
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39
By fonewear 2016-10-14 10:36:02
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
fonewear said: »
How can I block out Hillary it's easy it's called a mute button.

Or you could do what I do and don't watch a lick of political coverage on television and zone out when commercials come on.

That is true how anyone can take "real" political discussion is beyond me. I can barely take 3 pages of PnR !
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-10-14 10:56:09
Link | Citer | R

80 million copies of Fifty Shades of Grey sold. Who the hell finds Trumps words vulgar again?
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-10-14 10:56:59
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »
80 million copies of Fifty Shades of Grey sold. Who the hell finds Trumps words vulgar again?

The entire country.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-10-14 11:02:52
Link | Citer | R

You could say 50 shades of grey is the FFXIAH of literature. Boorish, rude, and entirely pointless !
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-10-14 11:03:00
Link | Citer | R

So, we go from a concentrated effort to remove moral relativism from society... and then rail on Trump for vulgarity? Riiiiiight.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-10-14 11:05:38
Link | Citer | R

You see Hillary never had morals to begin with so she is arguing from a position of power. It is easy to say someone is less moral cause she doesn't understand ethics. I asked her to read Plato's the Republic she declined !
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-10-14 11:05:54
Link | Citer | R

You can't compare erotic fiction with real sexual assault, especially when it comes out of the mouth of someone WHO MIGHT BE PRESIDENT

No one running for president (or who is president) should ever say things like this. Anyone who does should be definitely be held accountable for it.

I don't care what party they belong to.

You couldn't say a tenth of the things that have been said by Trump here, lots of people have been kicked out of their party or fired from their positions for tamer remarks.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-10-14 11:07:15
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

You can't compare erotic fiction with real sexual assault, especially when it comes out of the mouth of someone WHO MIGHT BE PRESIDENT

No one running for president (or who is president) should ever say things like this. Anyone who does should be definitely be held accountable for it.

You couldn't say a tenth of the things that have been said by Trump here, lots of people have been kicked out of their party or fired from their positions for tamer remarks.

You should move to another country then...
By Ramyrez 2016-10-14 11:10:52
Link | Citer | R

In my own defense -- and I don't recall you being around at the time -- I have attacked 50 Shades as terrible and exactly how a BDSM relationship shouldn't work since it was released, and I was somewhat thoroughly lambasted by many around here for doing so.

50 Shades is an extremely problematic series of books, and presents an interesting cultural study of our country, if not a particularly favorable one.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-10-14 11:11:59
Link | Citer | R

You say that, but many Republicans and donors are distancing themselves from the man, only afraid to outright abandon ship as a means of hedging their bets.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-10-14 11:12:25
Link | Citer | R

And yet we have people who are not only not kicked out of their party for actually committing the offense, but are revered for it.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-10-14 11:13:05
Link | Citer | R

You say that, but many Republicans and donors are distancing themselves from the man, only afraid to outright abandon ship as a means of hedging their bets.

They aren't doing that because of principles or morals they just don't want to get a real job like the rest of us !
By fonewear 2016-10-14 11:15:19
Link | Citer | R

I'm trying to be serious how do you people do this ***everyday ? It's only been three posts or so and I feel terrible.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-14 11:21:15
Link | Citer | R

I mentioned it elsewhere, but here is A Cracked Article That Made me Think of Foney.

Which, I know many of you are adverse to Cracked when it comes to any serious topics, but I think those of you who support Trump (the GOP nominee and conservative presidential candidate) rather than Trumpâ„¢ (the scummy reality TV star) will appreciate it.

Nik has touched on some of these too, but it really made me think of Fone b/c he's one of the few I've seen referring specifically to the "city/surburbia vs. rural" element of Trump and, more broadly, red vs. blue.

I think it puts into context some of the support Trump gets from many who find the man himself distasteful and it's why I actually "get" it even when I say "I don't get why..."

I get why. I just have a hard time getting over Trump (the person) and accepting anything else he (supposedly) stands for.

The conclusion, on rural conservativism vs. liberal views with which they can't identify:

Quote:
Madness. Their heads are so far up their *** that they can't tell up from down. Basic, obvious truths that have gone unquestioned for thousands of years now get laughed at and shouted down -- the fact that hard work is better than dependence on government, that children do better with both parents in the picture, that peace is better than rioting, that a strict moral code is better than blithe hedonism, that humans tend to value things they've earned more than what they get for free, that not getting exploded by a bomb is better than getting exploded by a bomb.

Or as they say out in the country, "Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining."

The foundation upon which America was undeniably built -- family, faith, and hard work -- had been deemed unfashionable and small-minded. Those snooty elites up in their ivory tower laughed as they kicked away that foundation, and then wrote 10,000-word thinkpieces blaming the builders for the ensuing collapse.
Actually, if you take away all the joking around, the author has a very valid point in a lot of the cultural differences between the "elite" (and those pretending to be them) vs. the "rural."
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-14 11:23:41
Link | Citer | R

How about a person that not only commits such acts, but also defends people who committed those same acts (and sometimes worse), and laughs at the victims of such acts?

Let's all just attack what Trump said but ignore what Clinton did, right?
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-10-14 11:28:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
what Clinton did, right?
What did she do that you have proof of?

Do you mean the emails she deleted? Do you have proof she deleted them?

Do you mean defending a rapist in court as a lawyer? That was her job, not many people like their job but they are paid to do it and you can't pay the bills with moral objection.

Or maybe you mean Benghazi which I'm topic banning you if you do because everyone is sick of hearing about Benghazi, I don't think Fox even talks about it anymore.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-10-14 11:31:04
Link | Citer | R

i still don't get how the people on this site that usually defend anyone accused of rape and attempt to vilify or discredit the accuser because they can't prove it or its most likely false and give the accused the benefit of the doubt are so willing to crucify bill while also still defending trump and batting off his current accusers for alleged actions...
[+]
By fonewear 2016-10-14 11:31:39
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
what Clinton did, right?
What did she do that you have proof of?

Do you mean the emails she deleted? Do you have proof she deleted them?

Do you mean defending a rapist in court as a lawyer? That was her job, not many people like their job but they are paid to do it and you can't pay the bills with moral objection.

Or maybe you mean Benghazi which I'm topic banning you if you do because everyone is sick of hearing about Benghazi, I don't think Fox even talks about it anymore.

Careful this is going to turn into Law and Order soon:

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2016-10-14 11:34:42
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
i still don't get how the people on this site that usually defend anyone accused of rape and attempt to vilify or discredit the accuser because they can't prove it or its most likely false and give the accused the benefit of the doubt are so willing to crucify bill while also still defending trump and batting off his current accusers for alleged actions...

At least it wasn't murder !
By fonewear 2016-10-14 11:35:48
Link | Citer | R

If you want me to defend rape I'll do it. First go to law school. Second hide behind the law. Lastly profit.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-10-14 11:40:25
Link | Citer | R

I'm fairly certain you bring up Benghazi more than most conservatives in here.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-10-14 11:42:03
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

I'm fairly certain you bring up Benghazi more than most conservatives in here.
Ironically.
By fonewear 2016-10-14 11:44:23
Link | Citer | R

Not even page 3 yet keep it up kids !
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-10-14 11:45:32
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

I would view Trump's accusers as being more credible if they didn't all conveniently come out of the woodwork at the exact same time, in October before the election no less.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-10-14 11:46:36
Link | Citer | R

Probably came out because he denied ever doing what he said he did on the tape
By fonewear 2016-10-14 11:47:18
Link | Citer | R

There is something worse than rape...reading this thread !
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-10-14 11:48:20
Link | Citer | R

Probably came out because he denied ever doing what he said he did on the tape

The tape that also conveniently came out in October before the election after sitting on a shelf for over a decade. Yup, I'm sure all of this is just coincidence.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-10-14 11:53:35
Link | Citer | R

I have incriminating tapes of Hillary but she is nude in them so no one will watch it !
By Ramyrez 2016-10-14 11:53:39
Link | Citer | R

Actually, if you take away all the joking around, the author has a very valid point in a lot of the cultural differences between the "elite" (and those pretending to be them) vs. the "rural."

Yes, that was my point. David Wong has done his share of clickbait list articles or w/e, but some of his stuff is pretty decent.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39