First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 13
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Serveur: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-21 14:07:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Just because you didn't feel like working is not an excuse to collect welfare and Social Security benefits.....

I do think that SSI is a bit abused, especially when it comes to children's claims. But again, part of that comes back to what we're talking about: having children you can't afford or -- so much worse -- that you just had to obtain benefits of some sort.

I do think that there are psychological problems that are disabling in nature, but I do also agree that too many people say they can't work because they're depressed/etc...but they appear to have never have actually tried to work in the first place.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-21 14:08:16
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
So Ramyrez thinks having children is a bad thing now? Every time I see my little boy laugh and enjoy life in a way that only a child can, it gives Ramyrez's view on the world a big middle finger.
So what do you do when you see a little boy with broken bones and bruises from being abused or that mini graveyard in that lady's backyard that admitted to strangling 6 of her babies shortly after they were born? Does that support his view?

I'm not saying having kids is a bad thing or that people shouldn't but that your response there is just laughable.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-21 14:08:29
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
I think people who have kids because society tells them they should is a bad thing.
I never heard of that excuse before. Is that real?

Really? You don't think there are girls and women out there over the past 100 years who wanted more from life, but "settled down" and became dutiful mothers and housewives because "that's what they were supposed to do"?

You don't think that still happens? Not just here, but worldwide?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-04-21 14:12:04
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-21 14:13:02
Link | Citer | R

I think people who have kids because society tells them they should is a bad thing.
I don't see it as much anymore but yes.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-21 14:13:45
Link | Citer | R

Maybe tax benefits for not having children.
Fat chance.

For not making the public pay for schooling and the like?
Again, fat chance. I pay about $7k in property taxes for several school districts per year alone, and I have no children and in some cases, no homestead in that county! You honestly think that the counties/state will exempt me from paying those taxes because I have no children and really no home in those counties?

I think something that many of you fail to realize about so many of my "strong feels" is that I didn't just come up with these opinions and feelings and theories on things out of the blue and start trying to push them on people. They're a response to constantly being told everything that I feel so deeply at the core of me is wrong because "god" or "capitalism" or whatever.
You know how to stop getting people to force their viewpoints and opinions onto you? Stop forcing your viewpoints and opinions on people.

Yeah, I give opinions too, but I don't make them absolute, except in cases where I am able to provide evidence to support my claims. Then if you don't accept my evidence with my viewpoint, and fail to provide or even fail to try to provide evidence on the contrary, then you (not you Ramy, in general) are an idiot.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-21 14:14:02
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

It is gradually -- very gradually -- going away.

At least in most of the U.S.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-04-21 14:14:09
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
There's a reason why our jails are bursting at the seams.

yes it's because of all the gay wedding cake sales.... and the illegal child immigration....and low wages.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-21 14:15:17
Link | Citer | R

Really? You don't think there are girls and women out there over the past 100 years who wanted more from life, but "settled down" and became dutiful mothers and housewives because "that's what they were supposed to do"?

It's not just a pressure asserted on women lol.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-21 14:15:23
Link | Citer | R

You know how to stop getting people to force their viewpoints and opinions onto you? Stop forcing your viewpoints and opinions on people.

I suppose that's where the "vicious cycle" portion of things kicks in, because as I said. The majority of my strong viewpoints come from having others try to force theirs on me. -.-;
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-21 14:15:42
Link | Citer | R

It's not just a pressure asserted on women lol.

Trust me, I'm well aware.

But it's an example, man. Just one example.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-21 14:15:45
Link | Citer | R

I never heard of it before, but I do deal with a different group of people with a different mindset, so I will take both of your words for it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-21 14:16:50
Link | Citer | R

I suppose that's where the "vicious cycle" portion of things kicks in, because as I said. The majority of my strong viewpoints come from having others try to force theirs on me. -.-;
I know. I'm just saying....

Best way to break a cycle is breaking it yourself instead of letting somebody else do it for you.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-21 14:17:03
Link | Citer | R

I never heard of it before, but I do deal with a different group of people with a different mindset, so I will take both of your words for it.

I can only imagine that in your "circles" it's still heavily frowned upon to not follow that duty, hence you don't hear about it.

Pure speculation, however.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-21 14:19:15
Link | Citer | R

Property taxes seem pretty cheap in Texas.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-21 14:19:24
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
There's a reason why our jails are bursting at the seams.

yes it's because of all the gay wedding cake sales.... and the illegal child immigration....and low wages.

Mr. Bachmann, i didn't know it was you!
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-21 14:20:13
Link | Citer | R

Oh for ***'s sake...

...don't get him started on how great Texas is for the rich again.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-21 14:21:06
Link | Citer | R

I know. I'm just saying....

Best way to break a cycle is breaking it yourself instead of letting somebody else do it for you.

Yeah...I'm not real good at letting people try to shove their way of life at me and staying quiet about it.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-21 14:21:10
Link | Citer | R

Oh for ***'s sake...

...don't get him started on how great Texas is for the rich again.
You should just let some things go man...
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-21 14:21:23
Link | Citer | R

So everyone should flood Texas so they become the next Florida!

*packing intensifies*
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-21 14:26:58
Link | Citer | R

Yeah...I'm not real good at letting people try to shove their way of life at me and staying quiet about it.

I'm just confused why you think forcing your viewpoints on others is the only way to rebel against those trying to do it to you. Maybe study conflict resolution strategies? Maybe read a book on Gandhi?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-21 14:29:23
Link | Citer | R

Actually, property taxes in Texas is one of the highest in the US.

In a recent study, of the top 50 cities in the US, 3 Texas cities are in the top 5 ranking, with San Antonio being in #2 and the highest in the state.

It just depends on the size of the property and what it is used for.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-21 14:30:37
Link | Citer | R

So everyone should flood Texas so they become the next Florida!

*packing intensifies*
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-21 14:32:09
Link | Citer | R

So Ramyrez thinks having children is a bad thing now? Every time I see my little boy laugh and enjoy life in a way that only a child can, it gives Ramyrez's view on the world a big middle finger.
So what do you do when you see a little boy with broken bones and bruises from being abused or that mini graveyard in that lady's backyard that admitted to strangling 6 of her babies shortly after they were born? Does that support his view? I'm not saying having kids is a bad thing or that people shouldn't but that your response there is just laughable.

Well sure, I can ignore all of the children that live happy, productive lives and base my viewpoint only on the minority that are abused or outright murdered. But then I might be, oh, I dunno, bitter.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-21 14:34:21
Link | Citer | R

In a recent study, of the top 50 cities in the US, 3 Texas cities are in the top 5 ranking, with San Antonio being in #2 and the highest in the state.

That's what I had originally thought about Texas but $7,000 just seemed low to me from what I'm used to around here regarding private homeownership.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-21 14:38:07
Link | Citer | R

That's what I had originally thought about Texas but $7,000 just seemed low to me from what I'm used to around here regarding private homeownership.
That was just school taxes, actual property taxes, including school, was around $65k.

Also, almost all of it was non-homestead, which is a different rate than homestead.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-21 14:40:14
Link | Citer | R

Lowest property taxes is Louisiana baby.

Good thing im in the state with the highest property taxes in the nation <3.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-21 14:43:10
Link | Citer | R

So what do you do when you see a little boy with broken bones and bruises from being abused or that mini graveyard in that lady's backyard that admitted to strangling 6 of her babies shortly after they were born? Does that support his view? I'm not saying having kids is a bad thing or that people shouldn't but that your response there is just laughable.

Well sure, I can ignore all of the children that live happy, productive lives and base my viewpoint only on the minority that are abused or outright murdered. But then I might be, oh, I dunno, bitter.
So you'd just rather ignore all the children, and there are a lot more than you seem to think, that don't live happy and productive lives so you can blindly gaze upon the more fortunate ones to attempt to make a point?

You don't need to be bitter to see reality for what it is both good and bad.

Remo has viewpoints that are pretty toxic but the idea that we take care of the children out there that are already struggling before bring more in, while shortsighted, is not a terrible thought process. We should be helpping all of our childreninto becoming productive members of society.

We should never lose sight of all the wonderful things that children bring to our lives but we also shouldn't let that blind us to the strife that is already out there.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-21 14:43:18
Link | Citer | R

Lowest property taxes is Louisiana baby.

Hopefully offset by the high cost of flood insurance...
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-21 14:52:24
Link | Citer | R

Remo has viewpoints that are pretty toxic

I can see how and why they're unpopular, and my delivery may be too confrontational, but I fail to see how they're toxic or harmful. At absolute worst they maintain the status quo. At least on the subject of children.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 13