First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Serveur: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-21 11:47:45
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Applebottoms said: »
Surprisingly enough, some doctors will wait until you're 30 to be able to do this at all.

Your doctors must be very progressive.

I know doctors around here will still tell you that 30 is "entirely too young" to consider sterilization.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-21 11:49:57
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
We need to have MORE children.

Why? Why would you want this?

So they can all stay at home and not have jobs, sucking up taxpayer money? We already don't have enough jobs.

Unless we get enough people to turn the Dakotas and Kansas into major metropolitan areas, we don't need a bigger population.

Edit: That is, unless you're just interested in engaging China or India in a "who can pump out the most biological units" contest...

Edit2: That would, actually, explain your staunch anti-birth-control feelings...(I know, I know. You say you're all for birth control, "just not abortion or post-conception medications".)
 Asura.Hoshiku
Serveur: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-04-21 11:51:41
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
Lakshmi.Aelius said: »
Lakshmi.Aelius said: »
Soon, Home Care Workers will be replaced by Baymaxes.

The unemployment numbers would absolutely skyrocket.

New technology does this, yes.

No, really. I don't think you realize the amount of people that work in home/nursing facility health care. It's got to trail only cashiers/food service in the "available, minimal skills needed" category of work.

Edit: But you are right. Which is why we need to stop having so many *** kids. We're not going to have anything for them to do with the way we keep mechanizing.

Yet we've outbred even China.

Would like to know how much of that is immigration and how much is birth. Most people I know are only children. Some of them have 1 sibling.
By fonewear 2015-04-21 11:51:50
Link | Citer | R

So they can all stay at home and not have jobs, sucking up taxpayer money? We already don't have enough jobs.

Unless we get enough people to turn the Dakotas and Kansas into major metropolitan areas, we don't need a bigger population.

Don't worry Hillary is working to expand the middle class !

By 2020 Hillary will have created 50 million jobs easily !
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-21 11:52:04
Link | Citer | R

More children in the wake of oncoming automation and jobs shipped to IndoChina. lolololol.

The crisis of not enough work for humans to do is a great threat in the next century. We've got surplus population, dwindling resources and computers taking more and more menial tasks.

I'm a man of quality, not quantity.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2015-04-21 11:52:56
Link | Citer | R

You know...

I did some fact (people) checking on this article. I found some inconsistencies.

Terrence Wise still resides in Kansas City. Apparently, still living in his mother's house since his father and mother have separated. Also, there is no Myosha Johnson in the state of Missouri at all. There's only a handful with that name and they are only located in Illinois, California, Tennessee, and Texas. Most are too young to have kids, some are old enough to have young adults as kids.

Ebony Hughes still resides on Durham, North Carolina but does not work for Home Care. She actually is employed as a Warehouse Technician at Duke University Hospital.

Here's UC Berkeley's findings.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Serveur: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-04-21 11:53:38
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

Here is a good direction. ceo cuts his own salary to gives his employees better living wages.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-21 11:53:44
Link | Citer | R

Edit: That is, unless you're just interested in engaging China or India in a "who can pump out the most biological units" contest...
Clearly the solution to a shitty economy with high unemployment is to have less people, not foster economic growth.
By fonewear 2015-04-21 11:53:55
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
More children in the wake of oncoming automation and jobs shipped to IndoChina. lolololol.

The crisis of not enough work for humans to do is a great threat in the next century. We've got surplus population, dwindling resources and computers taking more and more menial tasks.

Well forced sterilization is an option...don't worry your dreams of starting a family will be replaced by owning a jet ski !
By fonewear 2015-04-21 11:54:57
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

Here is a good direction. ceo cuts his own salary to gives his employees better living wages.

Kill him with fire he is a communist !
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-21 11:56:15
Link | Citer | R

Clearly the solution to a shitty economy with high unemployment is to have less people, not foster economic growth.

How does having more people foster economic growth, unless your plan is to turn them into slaves, either literally or figuratively? -.-;
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-21 11:56:26
Link | Citer | R

How do more people competing for less jobs foster economic growth? The major problem the US has right now are tons of open jobs with people lacking the skills to occupy them. Service is going to become crushed by automation the minute the tech dudes figure out how to setup the RoboBartender and RoboPrepCooks.

Which we then have to bring in people from overseas to occupy.
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2015-04-21 11:56:54
Link | Citer | R

Surprisingly enough, some doctors will wait until you're 30 to be able to do this at all.

I know doctors around here will still tell you that 30 is "entirely too young" to consider sterilization.
I guess it depends on the area and doctor, but it's probably different all around.

People act like there's something wrong "if you don't want the childrens", but honestly, there's more to life than children. Priorities are different for everyone.

Personally for me, I don't want children right now, I might change my mind though in the future after I'm done with schooling and such. But we'll have to see. For others, they have their life planned out, schooling done and just want to further their career / do travelling and decided to get sterilized because children don't fit in that picture anywhere.

That and some people just think they won't be a good parent at all. Case in point, my brother. Mother of god I hope he doesn't procreate, and hopefully he said he doesn't. We'll see though.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-21 11:57:09
Link | Citer | R

How does having more people foster economic growth, unless your plan is to turn them into slaves, either literally or figuratively? -.-;

It's been long enough that slavery is a viable option. It isn't so bad it will only feel like an eternity !
By fonewear 2015-04-21 11:57:52
Link | Citer | R

I guess it depends on the area and doctor, but it's probably different all around.

People act like there's something wrong "if you don't want the childrens", but honestly, there's more to life than children. Priorities are different for everyone.

Personally for me, I don't want children right now, I might change my mind though in the future after I'm done with schooling and such. But we'll have to see. For others, they have their life planned out, schooling done and just want to further their career / do travelling and decided to get sterilized because children don't fit in that picture anywhere.

That and some people just think they won't be a good parent at all. Case in point, my brother. Mother of god I hope he doesn't procreate, and hopefully he said he doesn't. We'll see though.

How dare you not have children ! The goal of life is to breed then die !
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-21 11:58:02
Link | Citer | R

Because remember, 20 isn't too young to make the life-changing decision to have a baby, but it's too young to make the life-changing decision to not have one.
To be fair... most people at 20 don't usually decide to have a baby it usually just happens and then they decide whether or not they want to keep it.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-21 11:59:43
Link | Citer | R

People act like there's something wrong "if you don't want the childrens

It gets worse as you get older, trust me.

Buckle up.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-21 11:59:47
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »

How dare you not have children ! The goal of life is to breed then die !

The goal of life is to make money for the top earners. Know your place peon, lest I need send my knights to burn down your lodging and slaughter your pet dog, Squiggles.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2015-04-21 11:59:58
Link | Citer | R

The ultimate solution would be to tell people to become technicians, NOT Nurses. But we are always going to promote the most saturated job market that makes the most money, because if we tell people to become teachers/technicians/anything else those markets would be saturated (And you know, we'd have to like pay them).

Or like here in Louisiana, you can become an oil worker and *** when you get layed off cause the gas prices went down and you are just an oil field worker.

With the advent of Skynet The Machine Worker, there should be more people that know how to work machines, code, and programming instead of more people that want to do what the machine does for free. This is why Skynet will rule the world, cause everyone is a Nurse.
By fonewear 2015-04-21 12:01:35
Link | Citer | R

Who wants to teach kids ? They don't wanna learn and I don't wanna teach them !
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-21 12:01:43
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Because remember, 20 isn't too young to make the life-changing decision to have a baby, but it's too young to make the life-changing decision to not have one.
To be fair... most people at 20 don't usually decide to have a baby it usually just happens and then they decide whether or not they want to keep it.

Fair point. Though, like most people, I think in terms of my own life experiences, and I had several female friends for whom -- regretably -- their biggest ambitions were to get out of high school, find a man, and start having babies.

And most people at 20 won't actively pursue permanent sterility, either. But I think doctors have a responsibility to discuss the option with them if they're approached by their patients about it; not automatically start trying to convince them otherwise.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-21 12:03:21
Link | Citer | R

I'm just hoping the Mt. Dew I drank in high school leaves me sterile !
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-21 12:03:49
Link | Citer | R

I think we're all pulling for that.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-21 12:04:17
Link | Citer | R

Oh *** I laughed hard.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-21 12:04:57
Link | Citer | R

Oh *** I laughed hard.

Me too!
By fonewear 2015-04-21 12:05:41
Link | Citer | R

If I have kids I'm sure they will continue my legacy of wasting their lives on video game forums !

I'll be sure to have a will for my various forum accounts.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-21 12:12:03
Link | Citer | R

Fair point. Though, like most people, I think in terms of my own life experiences, and I had several female friends for whom -- regretably -- their biggest ambitions were to get out of high school, find a man, and start having babies.

And most people at 20 won't actively pursue permanent sterility, either. But I think doctors have a responsibility to discuss the option with them if they're approached by their patients about it; not automatically start trying to convince them otherwise.
Do you refer to it as regretably because it didn't work out for them or because you view that type of decsion as regrettable? Personally I think either choice is fine... If you don't want kids then go ahead and get steralized and if you want em early and you have a lifestyle that can afford em then go ahead and do that too.

I think doctors should discuss it with their patients as well. Even if you don't want kids at all at a younger age things change. It's a pretty serious decision to make and if you're committed and won't look back then that's great but if you're only there for the next 5 years or so and then you change your mind... well...
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-21 12:16:13
Link | Citer | R

It's regrettable because most people who aspire only to children wind up hopelessly drowning in costs they can't afford, despair, children who are born into a mess, marriage strain, realizing they've outgrown their partner or worse. Remember, you're 19-20 years old here. Not exactly paragons of wisdom.

But if you have the money and desire to have children, feel free to! Nothings more awesome than parents who actually enjoy their children and have the means to raise them.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-04-21 12:30:05
Link | Citer | R

Remember, you're 19-20 years old here. Not exactly paragons of wisdom.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news...but if you take a good look around you'll notice none of us have exactly ripened with age in the wisdom department....

<~ prime example

/looks over at chanti

there's exhibit B right over there
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-21 12:31:14
Link | Citer | R

Do you refer to it as regretably because it didn't work out for them or because you view that type of decsion as regrettable?

One or two the former, most the latter, both in the case of one of them with whom I was particularly good friends growing up.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13