Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-26 15:04:33
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Endoq said: »
low wages aren't the real problem. the real problem is that 1% of 1% control and own everything and the money grabbing they live for is hurting the other 99.99% of the worlds population.
My friend replied with this:
Quote:
your right there not the real problem because we are dealing with low wage jobs and lesser paying jobs and pretty much part time only aspects because of free trade deals
Hate to break it to you, but the high increase of part time jobs was not caused by free trade agreements. The large increases didn't happen until around 2010. Guess what law was passed that directly effects part time work?
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-26 17:13:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Guess what law was passed that directly effects part time work?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-04-26 19:37:06
Link | Citer | R

low wages aren't the real problem. the real problem is that 1% of 1% control and own everything and the money grabbing they live for is hurting the other 99.99% of the worlds population.
Quote:
your right there not the real problem because we are dealing with low wage jobs and lesser paying jobs and pretty much part time only aspects because of free trade deals
Hate to break it to you, but the high increase of part time jobs was not caused by free trade agreements. The large increases didn't happen until around 2010. Guess what law was passed that directly effects part time work?
So I have this baker friend.

One of the last of the family wage blue collar jobs (although his is white with flour.) (Used to be Franz, I forget who bought them out.)

"NA FTA? Won't affect me."

Then he learned that frozen hamburger buns were being shipped from Mexico as far north as San Fran Cisco.
[+]
By EpicFantasy 2015-04-26 20:20:25
Link | Citer | R

Crazy thought. Nafta and the ACA are both horrible and both put more burden on American jobs.

But hey lets keep voting democrats into office for hope, change and bigger government to care for all the people they screw over.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-26 21:52:57
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Quote:

One of the last of the family wage blue collar jobs (although his is white with flour.) (Used to be Franz, I forget who bought them out.)

Then he learned that frozen hamburger buns were being shipped from Mexico as far north as San Fran Cisco.
Somehow, I believe that you aren't telling the truth with this....
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-04-26 23:08:31
Link | Citer | R

The problem with all the Free Trade Agreements is that the USA is the only one honoring them. Everyone else just finds alternative ways to create non-tariff trade barriers to protect their own domestic economies. Usually these come in the form of various tax regulations such as a tax for all beef but an exemption for domestically grown beef, or a tax on "luxury items" and then automatically classifying imported goods as "luxury items" while providing a method for domestic producers to be exempt or reduce the effect.

Ultimately the goal is always the same, to increase the effective prices of imported goods as a method of protecting domestic jobs from foreign competition. The terminology of the treaties never address's a countries domestic policies that could have impacts on foreign imports.
By Jetackuu 2015-04-26 23:30:54
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
{citation needed intensifies}

Seriously the push for part time over full time positions has been going on for over a decade, where have you been?

Actually iirc one of the first pushes started decades ago, but either way, way before 2010.
 Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-04-27 00:39:26
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
Siren.Lordgrim said: »
How to make better wages and jobs, Repeal free trade acts.

congressional meeting talking about how bad a deal America got out of free trade deals under republican and democratic leadership
YouTube Video Placeholder

NAFTA job loss year established 1993 = 680,000 jobs lost from America, all major TV networks and Both Political parties advertised this as being a great deal to have.

Permanent Normal Trade Relations with China act job loss year established 2000 = lead to the loss of over 2.2 million American jobs, Both parties and major networks agreed it was a great deal and passed it.

South Korean Free Trade Act jobs lost Year established 2011 = 60,000 jobs were lost from America, Major networks approved both parties approved.

Since 2001 due to free trade deals we have lost 60,000 factories in America, over that time period we lost over 4.7 million Manufacturing jobs in America.

In 1970 25% of all jobs in America were manufacturing jobs. Today there is only 9%.

In january 2001 there was 17.1 million manufacturing workers. Today that number is 12.3 million manufacturing workers in America.

Across all 50 states lost 34% of there manufacturing jobs over the past 14 years.

We are now faced with the Trans Pacific Free Trade Act that is written by corporations. Its reported to be the largest free trade act in history. Wall street, Pharmaceutical Industry and Major media companies have full knowledge of whats in the treaty. The american people and members of congress do not and have been locked out of the process.

There has been estimated jobs that could be losted to Vietnam and japan alone more then 135,000 jobs if it goes into effect thats just the tip of the iceberg.

More than manufacturing jobs to be lost in America due to TPP include the following over 3 million service center jobs;

call centers
computer programing
engineering
accounting
Medical diagnostic jobs

Free trade acts are bad. Whats more disturbing is these deals have been put in place by both the Republicans and Democrats at the behest of Corporations. Are you convinced now that they do not represent the peoples best interest ? Stop voting for Republicans and Democrats, lets reasses all these free trade acts , repeal them, and put our foot down on all these corporations and ceo's causing economic terrorism in the United States of America and bring our jobs home and rebuild this country to be even stronger to be A Better America.

the only way to get better wages and more jobs back to America
seems to make some sense.
[+]
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Serveur: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2015-04-27 02:06:20
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
And when exactly did the employer mandate part go into effect in regards to the ACA that would force companies to cut employees to part time if they didn't want to provide insurance? Because it sure in hell wasn't 2010, it was just a convenient excuse to slash their workforce.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-27 06:42:15
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
{citation needed intensifies}

Seriously the push for part time over full time positions has been going on for over a decade, where have you been?

Actually iirc one of the first pushes started decades ago, but either way, way before 2010.
Like you have any right to demand for sources. You never back up any of your claims.

Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
And when exactly did the employer mandate part go into effect in regards to the ACA that would force companies to cut employees to part time if they didn't want to provide insurance? Because it sure in hell wasn't 2010, it was just a convenient excuse to slash their workforce.
You apparently never read the law. I forgive you, because most people didn't, including those who drafted and signed the law.

Or you forgot that the law was supposed to take effect on an election year, and because of how unpopular it was, the mandates were pushed back a couple of years until after those elections were held.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-04-27 10:15:52
Link | Citer | R

Which part do you find unbelievable?

That I have friends?

That there are still family wage blue collar jobs?

Or that frozen hamburger buns were being shipped over 1,000 miles?

Please remember that frozen hamburger buns are used by fast food places. Also the cost of fuel in the immediate wake of NAFTA was under $2/gallon. Factor in Mexican labor at less for a day than my friend makes in an hour.

It adds up.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-27 11:34:55
Link | Citer | R

Which part do you find unbelievable?

That I have friends?

That there are still family wage blue collar jobs?

Or that frozen hamburger buns were being shipped over 1,000 miles?

Please remember that frozen hamburger buns are used by fast food places. Also the cost of fuel in the immediate wake of NAFTA was under $2/gallon. Factor in Mexican labor at less for a day than my friend makes in an hour.

It adds up.
That your baker friend actually lost business because of NAFTA.

You made it sound like he could, you know, compete with the larger-scale bakeries who mass produce the buns needed for the demand of these fast-food places.

Or are you going to say that he was the owner of one of those places? How tall will you tell your tale? You are a tired old cynic, and I hardly believe you when you say you had a baker friend, but I am giving you the benefit of the doubt. But any baker you would know would be a one-man shop, not a major national baker.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-27 16:15:29
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
College debt wouldn't be as big of a deal if people didn't treat money as if it was going to burn their house down if they didn't get rid of it immediately. When I see people complain about having college debt years after they graduate, I look at their car(s), their house, their clothes, their furniture, and/or their gadgets. Almost always, my sympathy goes out the window.

College costs are the way they are because the government will on any whim print up money for people to attend. This floods the market with inflated and artificial demand which the market responds to by (big surprise) adjusting supply in the form of higher tuition costs.

Commonly known as the higher-ed bubble. One of my biggest criticisms of Sen. Warren is that she clamors for higher education spending via free college tuition or limitless loans, when she was a hackjob teacher who taught one class and got paid 350k a year for it because in part of the government flood of money into the college education sector.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-03 20:18:07
Link | Citer | R

So I saw this article about résumés, and apparently it's all in the font. But then I saw this at the bottom of the article.

Quote:
Should you put emoji in your résumé? Prayer hands, a cat with hearts for eyes, followed by a dress shirt with a gold tie? “I think it’s a great idea. Put a lot of emojis on the bottom. Some chicken wings. They will love it,” says Luckhurst. “Maybe an emoji is your logo. Maybe you just really key in on the 100 logo, that’s your thing, you put it everywhere.”

Maybe.
The best and worst fonts to use on your résumé
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-03 22:12:57
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
So I saw this article about résumés, and apparently it's all in the font. But then I saw this at the bottom of the article.

Quote:
Should you put emoji in your résumé? Prayer hands, a cat with hearts for eyes, followed by a dress shirt with a gold tie? “I think it’s a great idea. Put a lot of emojis on the bottom. Some chicken wings. They will love it,” says Luckhurst. “Maybe an emoji is your logo. Maybe you just really key in on the 100 logo, that’s your thing, you put it everywhere.”

Maybe.
The best and worst fonts to use on your résumé
Yahoo Finance, the leading source of all your business news and information
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13